March 28, 2024, 02:42:51 AM

Author Topic: Attorney General Anand Ramlogan Thread  (Read 82073 times)

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Attorney General Anand Ramlogan Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2011, 09:22:03 AM »
so watch nah..he really dont know what it look like or wha?..lol ....is real tears.
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2011, 11:03:32 AM »
i relly aint know what to say nuh...i relly aint know what tuh say..

and lol @ "deliberately tucked away"....like manning was tuh pass back for it? lol
:rotfl:

manning comming back.  All the mess the govt doing and rowley cant capitalize, look how manning score 10 points easy easy.

I wonder what panday saying?

Patos coming back? Look, leave him right dey. We had enough of him. And who say Rowley go be heading PNM in the next election. If Patos come, I hope PNM lose!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2011, 11:16:37 AM »
i relly aint know what to say nuh...i relly aint know what tuh say..

and lol @ "deliberately tucked away"....like manning was tuh pass back for it? lol
:rotfl:

manning comming back.  All the mess the govt doing and rowley cant capitalize, look how manning score 10 points easy easy.

I wonder what panday saying?

Patos coming back? Look, leave him right dey. We had enough of him. And who say Rowley go be heading PNM in the next election. If Patos come, I hope PNM lose!!

so who shaping up to lead them ?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2011, 11:20:35 AM »
These ppl feel dey in gov't to ketch kicks?
They owe us an apology for makin this into an issue in the first place, and now that it wasn't missing to begin with.
Fok dem, I real disgusted.

Instead of looking to accuse the last gov't of doing shit, try and figure out how to fix some of the problems nah.

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »
Sammy, it appears that the Government you so blindly support needs to hire some of Patos' Israeli operatives to help find lost items?  What a comedy this PP is.

Diversion after diversion while no one is attending to matters of state.

Reminds me of an old Sparrow tune   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZomalcH7nQ

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »
I dunno why allyuh only nitpicking... gih de people and dem time.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2011, 11:59:20 AM »
All kicks aside I think the sooner this piano issue ends the better for the country. Manning respond already and Ramlogan looking like an ass. The whole country looking real stupid for taking up this non-issue.

truetrini

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2011, 01:53:56 PM »
WHo is de head of household again?  He should be immediately fired, yuh mean to tell me dat dey never clean dat part ah de complex in 8 months?  nastiness abounds!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2011, 04:18:12 PM »
Dis just amazing. Seriously. So if a Piano missing.....and it have some big object in a corner covered down....nobody would go and check to see what it was?

Next ting:

UTT has a performing arts faculty (part of the whole rationale behind NAPA etc.) If pianos are needed for the diplomatic centre, for NAPA, for UTT...then...i could see the rationale behind UTT buying all in bulk, allowing for a bulk discount, and distributing them to all that would need it. De concern should be the payment, ie if UTT has to shoulder that burden alone of if they would be reimbursed.

Deliberately tucked away. Steups.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2011, 09:13:34 PM »
Dis just amazing. Seriously. So if a Piano missing.....and it have some big object in a corner covered down....nobody would go and check to see what it was?

Next ting:

UTT has a performing arts faculty (part of the whole rationale behind NAPA etc.) If pianos are needed for the diplomatic centre, for NAPA, for UTT...then...i could see the rationale behind UTT buying all in bulk, allowing for a bulk discount, and distributing them to all that would need it. De concern should be the payment, ie if UTT has to shoulder that burden alone of if they would be reimbursed.

Deliberately tucked away. Steups.

[/quote

Bulk buyin a concept these jokers not familiar wit u c d cost of dem laptop.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2011, 11:46:30 PM »
iz musical politics goin on...

anand playing piano and rowley playing with Orange sky....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2011, 06:37:15 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/commentaries/AG_who_can_t_get_facts_right-113828624.html

AG who can't get facts right

Attorney General Anand Ramlogan came to office with an admirable track record as an advocate in the public interest, and in defence of otherwise helpless people oppressed or fearing oppression by public authorities. Before courts at different levels, it was invariably accepted that he got his facts right, or at least more right than those of his legal adversaries.

Picked as Attorney General by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, Mr Ramlogan's performance becomes subject to critical evaluation in the court of public opinion. It's in this politically decisive forum that he appears to be steadily drawing down his capital of credibility arduously built up over years of practice. Over fewer than eight months, indeed, Mr Ramlogan has been gaining a reputation as the Attorney General who cannot shoot straight. And, indeed, one of one who shoots from the hips.

Embarrassing both himself and Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar, the Attorney General made headlines with a scandalous charge ("Where the piano gone?") that a grand piano had gone missing from the Prime Minister's residence. He pointedly suggested that former prime minister Patrick Manning was responsible for the disappearance of the expensive musical instrument.

In Parliament, he directly taunted the former prime minister with dark insinuations. Mr Manning might know, or should know, the whereabouts of a fairly substantial and conspicuous item of furniture that had somehow, he openly suggested, been spirited away from the La Fantaisie Road residence. Clearly pointing a finger at Mr Manning, he said in the House, and thus under shelter of parliamentary privilege: "Tell me, Sir. I don't know where it is. I don't know if it's behind the chapel. Is it behind the gym? If you can tell us where it is housed, it will be very, very helpful to us, Sir. ...We have to ask: where the piano gone?"
Mr Ramlogan's missing grand piano turned out not to be the subject of any grand theft. It showed up, miraculously, two days later, right inside the Prime Minister's residence, just where it had remained unnoticed since the change of occupancy. The most conspicuous new development is the egg on the face of Mr Ramlogan, disfiguring his former image of reliability and trustworthiness. Could he not have commissioned a search of the residence by Captain Gary Griffith, the Prime Minister's national security adviser, before going public with unfounded finger-pointing?

By now, the public must wonder how many blunders, bungles and false allegations Mr Ramlogan is allowed before terminally losing the trust of Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar. His threat to re-open the Landate files against Opposition Leader Keith Rowley remains empty. His accusation that PNM senators had received government legal briefs was confidently denied by those he had named as beneficiaries.
Now this—the missing grand piano that was never really missing —confirms that Mr Ramlogan is content to make bacchanal when he cannot make policy, or sense.
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2011, 06:53:34 AM »
Thank you Mr Impulse, I could not have said it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkwlB8jeEmA
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2011, 10:48:25 AM »
Now this—the missing grand piano that was never really missing —confirms that Mr Ramlogan is content to make bacchanal when he cannot make policy, or sense.

A microcosm of governance under this PP coalition the past 8 months.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2011, 12:51:07 PM »
An ambulance chaser is d AG. What all yuh expect.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2011, 06:07:01 AM »
Just when we thought it safe to go back in the water.....

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/I_m_not_sorry-113855864.html

I'm not sorry
In face of criticism Attorney General defiant: State to probe UTT for purchase of 10 grand pianos
By Stories by Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com

No apology.

Attorney General Anand Ramlogan said yesterday he is not embarrassed nor will he apologise for the controversy surrounding the grand piano which he said was missing, but later found at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann's.

In fact, Ramlogan, told the Express in an interview at Rienzi Complex, Couva, yesterday he intends to examine the matter to determine whether civil action can be taken against the persons who purchased the ten pianos at a cost of US$850,677.

Last Wednesday at the Parliament sitting, Ramlogan disclosed some of the findings of an interim report coming out of a probe of the University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT).

The report had stated that ten pianos were purchased from Bosendorfer, Las Vegas, USA, by UTT head Ken Julien, one of which was delivered to the Diplomatic Centre, the official residence of the Prime Minister, during the tenure of former prime minister Patrick Manning.

Three of the pianos were assigned to the National Academy for the Performing Arts, while the others were distributed to other UTT campuses across the country.

Ramlogan, in exposing the sqaundermania at UTT, said the piano was missing and asked Manning to assist in its location. Manning responded, saying he left the grand piano at the Diplomatic Centre and a day later after check was done, the piano was found in the same area where Manning said he had left it.

In the face of criticism, Ramlogan insisted that had he not raised the issue in Parliament, the public would never have known millions of dollars were spent to buy pianos.

"Close to US$1 million was spent to purchase pianos without any consultation or disclosure. I'm embarrassed because that ought not to have happened in a functioning democratic society... that happens in a dictatorship, when that kind of money is spent without anyone being aware of it," said Ramlogan.

"Prior to my disclosure in the Parliament, not a single citizen in this country knew that Mr Manning and Mr Julien spent millions to purchase pianos. I ask the question, is it that UTT could have been used to purchase his (Manning) private jet and nobody would have known?" he asked.

Ramlogan vowed the public will get its justice for the billions wasted under the former administration.

"We intend to take civil and/or criminal action when the investigations are fully completed. The discovery of these pianos is a direct result of the probes that are being conducted. In so far as there was malfeasance, misconduct, we intend to take civil action against those responsible for betraying the people and breaking their fiduciary duties to the organisation they served," said Ramlogan.

"The purchase of these grand pianos by UTT and, in particular, one for the Prime Minister's residence, is a matter that may very well warrant a civil action. We are still trying to unearth the facts to see where the paper trail leads and who gave the instructions for the pianos to be purchased," said Ramlogan.

As Ramlogan stands firm that he will not apologise and go after those who wasted public funds, his colleagues have rallied around him in support.

Said Sport Minister Anil Roberts, "There is nothing to apologise for. It was a total wastage of taxpayers' money to buy those pianos." He added, "I think Patrick Manning ought to apologise to Anand Ramlogan and all our citizens of East Indian origin for the comments he made.

"He (Manning) has many apologies to make. He allowed Calder Hart to disappear, he allowed Ken Julien to run rampant at UTT, he must apologise to this country for Uthara Rao, who wasted taxpayers' money at EMBD."

Said Education Minister Dr Tim Gopeesingh, "What the AG has done is expose the abuse of funds by UTT spending money to buy pianos.

"We have said that UTT has been a very corrupt organisation. This is just another example—the misuse of State funds. Mr Manning and the PNM (People's National Movement) administration need to apologise and he needs to say what was UTT doing under his watch that there is nearly two to three billion misappropriated."

Minister of Food Production Vasant Bharath said, "Everything under the PNM is a scandalous waste of taxpayers' money. It's a litany of woes we've been confronted with."

He said the money spent on the pianos was to no benefit to the people of this country.

"I believe, with everything, there should always be oversight whenever we buy things using taxpayers' money," said Health Minister Therese Baptiste-Cornelis.

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2011, 06:30:37 AM »
Lets see.

850000 x 6.5 = $5525000TT

10 Pianos cost  $5,525,000 TT.

Therefore 1 Piano cost approximately $552,500TT.

Just randomly googling " Average cost of Bosendorfer Piano " threw up some results...like..... this

A new bosendorfer grand can cost anywhere from about $60,000 to $180,000 depending on the model. A new bosendorfer upright can cost about $25,000 to $45,000.

* 7 months ago

Conversion might make it somewhere like $TT 390000 to $TT 1,170,000.

Compared to the millions or billions that they claim was squandered by UDECOTT...that on the campaign trail made it seem like all that needed to happen was for the DPP to get the files and people getting charged and locked up.

He fighting this down?

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2011, 08:11:29 AM »
All of this could have been avoided if kamla didnt play cyat and mouse to go in manning palace...but the way she acted dumb and take chain up from jack saying she doh want to go in mannings palace, only to go in months after like a clown, she did not receive a proper inventory of items at the palace...steups....now that the missing piano is found, i wonder where it will  be housed, seeing that anand have a problem with it being at the residence in the first place.
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2011, 12:35:12 PM »
After reading all of this I can only conclude that Trinidad full ah dotish people yes.  Mark my words... not one ass will come of this so-called probe.  And the public and media only swallowing de chain up.  Their has been no "malfeasance or misconduct" and no misappropriation of public funds.  Granted I don't have full details, but if is one thing I have learned from observing politicians in Trinidad, they never play they cards close to their vest.  Everything is done in a grandiose, grandstanding way.  So whatever 'evidence' they boasting of to the public you know they only have a fraction of that in reality.. not more.

All that said, public funds were used to purchase public assets.  All the pianos were accounted for, and all were earmarked for public use... none were the private possessions of any PNM official.  If they want to criticize whether it was a smart use of public funds then that is one matter... but to be talking this setta "criminal and civil" charges talk, that is just a convenient cover for their freshly-exposed bare asses.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2011, 05:02:01 PM »
If they want to criticize whether it was a smart use of public funds then that is one matter... but to be talking this setta "criminal and civil" charges talk, that is just a convenient cover for their freshly-exposed bare asses.

I agree with you here. But I have/had serious issues with Patos and company judgement when it come to acquiring things for TT. We are not them mid-east countries who have oil up they ying-yang. I must be ignorant as to the type of musical instruments, but I think Yamaha would have done just fine,  and they cheaper.  I want to give the gov't the benefit of doubt. But Anand, Anil take over from jack in the rhetoric. You just have to shake your head.

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »
If they want to criticize whether it was a smart use of public funds then that is one matter... but to be talking this setta "criminal and civil" charges talk, that is just a convenient cover for their freshly-exposed bare asses.

I agree with you here. But I have/had serious issues with Patos and company judgement when it come to acquiring things for TT. We are not them mid-east countries who have oil up they ying-yang. I must be ignorant as to the type of musical instruments, but I think Yamaha would have done just fine,  and they cheaper.  I want to give the gov't the benefit of doubt. But Anand, Anil take over from jack in the rhetoric. You just have to shake your head.

lol Yahama...too funny.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »
Rowley: Class and Ramlogan don’t mix
Published: Tue, 2011-01-18 21:08
Gail Alexander

Dr Keith Rowley Class and Anand Ramlogan (Attorney General) don’t mix. So said Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley yesterday as he denounced statements made by the AG on the issue of the “missing” piano which was recently found at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s. Rowley spoke to reporters on the issue yesterday following a walkabout in Sangre Grande.  He later addressed a public meeting at the Sangre Grande Civic Centre.

The People’s National Movement (PNM) political leader told reporters Ramlogan “doesn’t have the class to apologise” on the piano issue. He was referring to the AG’s statement in Parliament last week that the piano had gone missing from the Diplomatic Centre. The piano was subsequently found at that same location. However, last weekend Ramlogan maintained he was not going to apologise about the situation. Rowley said Ramlogan’s stance was worrisome because he was no ordinary citizen.

“This is the Attorney General, the person who is supposed to protect each of us, who swore an oath of office to treat fairly with everyone without fear, or malice or ill-will, yet he stands up in Parliament and virtually accuses a former prime minister of stealing a piano and when he is exposed on the issue, he says he doesn’t care. “But we care—we don’t want that kind of trash as AG. We have too many intelligent people in T&T.” Rowley, who said the country wanted representatives of class, added: “But the AG has demonstrated time and time again that class and Anand Ramlogan don’t go together.”

Rowley also responded to an allegation made by People’s Partnership MP Anil Roberts in Parliament last Friday. Roberts, Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, alleged that while Rowley was Planning Minister in 2003, he was involved in sanctioning planning approval for a building in west Trinidad owned by Joseph Rahael (son of former PNM MP John Rahael). Rowley said: “There is absolutely no truth to that and since the matter was raised in Parliament, I will deal with it in Parliament also.” Rowley said Roberts and other PP ministers represented a type of development in which they seemed to feel they had to “villify people, buss mark and expose wrong-doings.”

Rowley said the PNM was happy things were happening in full view so the public could see for themselves. The Opposition Leader said if that was how ministers saw their duty, it would only be a matter of time before they became a general nuisance to the population. He said he thought Roberts already had reached that stage, adding that “as a minister his conduct is quite reprehensible and scandalous.” During the walkabout, Sangre Grande residents told Rowley about their issues and community problems.

He said several people complained to him about being unfairly treated and being victimised on their jobs.
He said the PNM did not subscribe to that sort of situation and there had to be fairness and a proper policy which was not based on victimisation of people for perceived political support of a party.  He said he would also raise such matters in Parliament. The PNM leader was asked about reports of in-fighting in the party in the lead-up to internal elections. He said divergence of views was to be expected in such situations as people discussed support for persons or their preferences.

He added that the internal elections would take place on March 20, “and on March 21 all those developments will be behind us and we will see a coming together of the PNM in a way that will make us all proud.” During the walkabout, Rowley was greeted warmly by Sangre Grande residents in Duranta Gardens, many of whom related community problems to him. He also reconnected with a Tobago-born woman whose brother he had attended school with. The woman is running a home for children in the district.

One resident, who heads the Duranta Community Association, said he hoped Rowley’s visit would see the PNM becoming “more involved” in the area. One of the highlights of last night’s meeting was when Anand Bedasie denounced the People’s Partnership of which he had been a member. He said he attended yesterday’s meeting to say sorry to the PNM. He pledged support to the party and denounced the People’s Partnership as thieves and liars.

Bedesie said he had served the PP party with his heart and soul but he said he had to get up at 4 am and to take a number just to see his MP. Also speaking at the public meeting councillor Terry Rondon said the PNM would be going to Tobago to host a retreat in the next two weeks. He said: “We mean serious business. Let us start to rebuild the PNM.”

Rondon said he was heartened to see former chairmen and councillors on the walkabout. He said the PNM had started to rebuild but also needed repairs and sincerity. Among those attending the meeting was former ambassador to Canada Camille Robinson-Regis. Another speaker, former minister Arnold Piggott, co-ordinator for Toco/Sangre, said that constituency was a lead constituency which would be able to help the PNM get back into Government. Piggott said it was not easy to be in Opposition but the PNM had been there before.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2011, 10:39:58 PM »
Anil doh need class, he need school.

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2011, 12:47:51 AM »
How many degrees of separation between Anil's statements about Manning tiefin' the piano and Manning's statements about Kamla's home?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2011, 01:15:58 AM »
How many degrees of separation between Anil's statements about Manning tiefin' the piano and Manning's statements about Kamla's home?

Not even in the same vein.

Manning just taking the allegation to its logical conclusion... he left it at the PM's residence when he moved out... Kamla moved in right after... if the piano is no longer at the residence then Kamla is best situated to say where it is... check she house.

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2011, 02:56:39 AM »

Manning just taking the allegation to its logical conclusion... he left it at the PM's residence when he moved out... Kamla moved in right after... if the piano is no longer at the residence then Kamla is best situated to say where it is... check she house.

Sorry for not making my self clearer.  I was spcifically talking about Manning's statements about the cost of Kamla's home and the funding for its construtcion.

He has been referred to the House Privilege Com. for his statements and I as making a comparison to Anand's assertion that Manning stole the piano, and had some colusion with ken Juliaen and UTT to defraud the people of T&T by overspending on wasteful pianos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2011, 01:34:57 PM »
Too many missteps by AG Ramlogan

Published: Tue, 2011-01-18 23:29

When the Prime Minister appointed Anand Ramlogan as Attorney General, I didn’t think it to be too bad a choice since he appeared to have a good handle on the law and had made a name for himself in the field. However, it has been all downhill since then.

Here is a list of the goodly AG’s missteps since assuming office

•Articulated an agenda that was virtually identical to a list of grievances of Devant Maharaj and Gopio/ITEC. This was early in the game so he apparently forgot that he was no longer ITEC’s lawyer but the country’s lawyer. Unfortunately it didn’t stop there.
• Publicly attacked and threatened former Commissioner of Police James Philbert about securing the Guanapo Heights site. Phil-bert’s contract was incidentally rescinded with a month left. 
• Hired a team of mainly his friends and other associates to investigate the financial operations of a number of state companies.
• When criticised for this move by Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley, Ramlogan proceeded to ask facetiously if he should hire his enemies instead. Furthermore, he told Parliament that PNM Senators Hinds and Al Wari received millions of dollars in state briefs. They subsequently denied such.
• Delayed the extradition order of Steve Ferguson and Ishwar Galbaransingh, which gave them the opportunity to craft creative appeals and stay the extradition.
• Played bad cop in a good cop/bad cop double team with the PM against Commissioner Gibbs to come up with a plan for crime.
• Investigations into Sunway Ltd and Calder Hart ongoing. However, he roundly condemned the police for letting Hart go when no charges have been laid against him.
• Investigations into UTT ongoing.
• Sundry other investigations ongoing, all without charges laid by police.
• Hired Sir Gavin Lightman to head a one-man commission of enquiry into Clico. Questions were subsequently raised about his choice when it came to light that this gentleman was involved in Clico’s High Court battle with Republic Bank back in the 80s.

Ramlogan defiantly defended his choice only to be forced, as we say in local parlance, to “boil down like bajhi,” when it was revealed by Senator Penny Beckles that the involvement of Lightman would indeed constitute a conflict of interest.  One would expect that the Attorney General would have properly vetted Sir Lightman before appointing him, or in the least would have looked into the charges once raised, rather than reflexively defending his shocking abdication of duty. n Then came the creme de la creme of missteps—the case of the missing grand piano. I was just about to call on a detective from my high school days, the very capable Nancy Drew, to help find it when, alas, the piano was found right where former Prime Minister Patrick Manning said he left   it. That Ramlogan would seek to impute improper motives to a gentleman who was a former Prime Minister is disgusting and reprehensible. 

Like his politics or not, Manning deserves respect as a former PM, and at the very least as a citizen of T&T is entitled to be protected from unwarranted smear and slander, particularly so when being conducted under the cloak of parliamentary privilege. Ramlogan clearly shows he is clueless about giving respect where it is due and clueless as to responsibilities of his office. Really, how much longer before there is a shortage of eggs due to Ramlogan walking around with quite a few on his face? Please Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, this man was clearly a poor choice for Attorney General. Let him go now before he does any more harm and show us that you do have some testicular fortitude as the job of Prime Minister requires.

Patricia Smart
Santa Cruz

(ahem)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2011, 01:38:55 PM »

Sorry for not making my self clearer.  I was spcifically talking about Manning's statements about the cost of Kamla's home and the funding for its construtcion.

He has been referred to the House Privilege Com. for his statements and I as making a comparison to Anand's assertion that Manning stole the piano, and had some colusion with ken Juliaen and UTT to defraud the people of T&T by overspending on wasteful pianos

I think it's different... he's asking for an inquiry... she's the highest-ranking member of government, if there were any shenanigans that took place we need to know.  Was construction done as a favor owing to her position in the opposition?  Is that person looking to collect now?

With Anand he flat out come and insinuate that de man tief ah piano... all without proof.  He could have privately asked for assistance in locating the piano... or have Griffith search properly in the first place.  If Manning ignore him then put the request on the record in Parliament... without imputing improper acts.

That said, Manning was on some shit with that house business.

truetrini

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2011, 05:44:30 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bB532YaBvdQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bB532YaBvdQ</a>

de UNC theme song.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:09:15 PM by Tallman »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2011, 06:52:04 PM »
Brownie doh play at all  ;D
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

1]; } ?>