March 28, 2024, 05:17:17 PM

Author Topic: Latapy hitting his stride  (Read 4080 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latapy hitting his stride
« on: November 07, 2010, 05:24:50 AM »
First he was focusing on team defense... what does Latapy know about that?  The team was losing consistently.

Now, he is saying, we winning or losing with offense, which is the best defense.

I don't paticularly agree, but he is doing what he knows best.

It's almost as if Latapy is saying, "I going with what I know, and giving it MY style and my best shot.  After that, let the chips fall where they may."

Let's see how this goes...  Good luck Latapy.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy hitting his stride
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 05:31:21 AM »
I want to see if anyone on this board is going to give credit where credit is due!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 06:17:25 AM »
I want to see if anyone on this board is going to give credit where credit is due!!
Andre you can't be realistically be saying that based on two victories against Guyana and St Vincent .... can you?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 06:38:18 AM »
Credit to Latapy, but St Vincent, Guyana and a under 23 Haiti team... and when we meet Martinique, Jamaica and Panama we sucking salt.

When Latapy could do this consestently he will get my respect.

According to my boy coops - T&T just have to win a game and we does forget everything that going on until we loose again, beating St Vincent, Guyana, Barbados etc is not progress, I thought we pass that stage.

And yes, Latapy did good so far in the Digicel Cup. Remember, Grenada knock we out last time and Latapy was we assistant who was also coaching during games because Maturana english was poor, so let wait and see.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 07:31:43 AM »
Now, he is saying, we winning or losing with offense, which is the best defense.

De problem wit dat is it only seems to work against teams whose defense is more of a mess dan ours. Plus it requires us to have a high conversion goal conversion rate.

Look at de WCQ we play against Costa Rica in Tobago last year. Dat was some of de best attacking football I have seen us play in years. Movement was fluid, passes were crisp, everytime we went forward it looked promising. But once we lorse de ball was thunder in we ass. Although we still had a right to win dat game based on de chances created  ;D
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 07:35:34 AM »

i realise trinis hate to give props where props due.

3 victories in a row does well for the players and the coach's confidence. we could only hope they could carry on and improve how they playin.

well done to d boys and latas 

I disagree with your statement  simply putting it this way the fact that people post on this board and visit this board every day it's because they care about our countries football now where I agree with you is some props should be given for at least saving face for 3 victories in a row now read me carefully for most on this board including me if he starts beating tougher opposition in the likes of jamaica,honduras,costa-rica,mexico,colombia,el-salvador,guatemala,united states or even venezuela,then and only then I will rest my case and be the first to apologise to latas and say we reach.But until then I watching and saying if better can't be done let the worse continue.   

Offline rastarocket7

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 07:47:54 AM »
real talk.. this doesnt mean anything until we win the tourny.. this group games should have been expected for us to win.. if we win the cup ill give em props. but this should be something to build on.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 08:01:35 AM »
Hear nah it appears some have forgotton what happened to our game after 2006 and all the politricks associated with the drama
Now we have a new coach who is trying to reinvent our style and approach,which requires time and so we must be patient,otherwise attaining a ranking of 29 will continue to elude us
Can anyone remember when we had FIFA ranking of 29
I know (NOT BELIEVE) but know we have the coach to get us to such lofty status

WITHOUT FAITH WE WILL NEVER GET THROUGH THE GATE

Keep working your Magic.....MR RL

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 09:11:11 AM »
I'm ecstatic that our results have gone from ridiculously bad to creditable.
Who goin to fix our defense though?  It needs fixin and Latas say he not on dat.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 09:16:46 AM »
Andre you can't be realistically be saying that based on two victories against Guyana and St Vincent .... can you?

Ngozi, I do not always agree wid AS posts, but I must admit I do agree wid dis one. Hear meh nah star, de great MR.Pat Riley does always say, success begins wid beating the teams you suppose to beat and competing or winning against de teams are just as good or better dan you. Now, if you choose tuh reply read carefully and get meh point before doing so. Make ah long post short, wid Latapy being a young coach in de business, de de amount of experience he came in to this coaching job wid and de amount of tools (finance,etc) he was given to get his job done, he surely deserve some credit. Latapy, staff and of course de players, dey all deserve a round of :applause:  :applause: :applause:. Of course it is no surprise to me, cuz de lil time ah on dis forum, ah know some ah all yuh like meh son. Ngozi, ah not just saying dis tuh you, but tuh all de members dat know themselves. May Allah bless your heart Latapy, keep doing yuh thing and getting good results for our beloved country and eventually dey will run out of words and apologise to you. Bless. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:22:13 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 09:52:45 AM »

We goin Brazil!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 09:57:26 AM »
De man asked to be evaluated on the Digicel Cup.....and it looking ok so far. I eh suprised by the sentiments. On one hand yuh go have people who eh want to think that 3 swallows make summer. Then on the other hand yuh go have the people who think credit should be given, especially in light of results very fresh in the memory. The team at least scoring.......(remember what happen with Belize?) On the other you could (should?) say that these teams (with the exception of Haiti) should be beaten.

We cant afford to take anything for granted. Just remember, it could be worse.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 10:12:40 AM »
As far as the record shows we just won 3 games.  I'm happy with that. I would be happier if we could win 5 more and restore our rightful position as Champions of the Caribbean.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »
Glad for the victory last night, I knew this Haitian team would not be able to withstand  our attack. It would have been closer if they had played us in the first game of the tourney. 

What I waitin on now is to see a quick evaluation on the team's performance by the staff and what changes need to be made.  We need a defensive midfielder/bolt/sweeper in the midfield, whatever yuh want to call it. We need a strong presence in that area of the field going into the finals.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 10:56:30 AM »
monkey gland raising bc we beat teams we should beat.

when latas beat martinique and jamaica, he will get an ease up, if he lose in the gold cup, time for the axe

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 10:58:15 AM »

Thank you.

"hitting his stride"?  The man barely out the starter's box.  Not to downplay his achievements, but let's hold off on the plaudits for now.

On one hand yuh go have people who eh want to think that 3 swallows make summer.

You's a real ole man dred, know how long me eh hear dat lol
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:02:44 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 11:34:05 AM »
y out the starter's box.  Not to downplay his achievements, but let's hold off on the plaudits for now.

On one hand yuh go have people who eh want to think that 3 swallows make summer.

You's a real ole man dred, know how long me eh hear dat lol

I does rel hear dat ize a ole man. I young...just I know real ole people and does lime with dem.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 12:07:45 PM »
He get flak and rightfully so for pathetic performances and results against some of these same teams in practice matches

He should get the credit for his team's results against these teams now, especially WHEN IT COUNTS.

Our team has a ways to go to convince THIS skeptic but I not goin to be one sided.  I still think Latas is not de man to take us to an acceptable level but I'm happy and willing to be wrong.

Good luck and praying for continued improvement.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 12:17:59 PM »
I does rel hear dat ize a ole man. I young...just I know real ole people and does lime with dem.

doh dig nutten... I mihself is ah old soul.  Dai'z ah metaphor I used to hear as a child... well, not even hear, just read in some ah dem anglophile books they used to inundate we with in school.  I just like the imagery it invokes and how well de analogy works.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 05:26:28 PM »
Until we could beat the USA, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica and Mexico consistently with maybe a close away loss or draw, beating an undermanned Haiti, Guyana, and St. Vincent is meaningless.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 05:27:50 PM »
Until we could beat the USA, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica and Mexico consistently with maybe a close away loss or draw, beating an undermanned Haiti, Guyana, and St. Vincent is meaningless.

:applause: :applause: :applause:
We going Brazil!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 05:50:01 PM »

We going Brazil!!!

ENTTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 05:53:03 PM »

We going Brazil!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 08:28:51 PM »

Ngozi, I do not always agree wid AS posts, but I must admit I do agree wid dis one. Hear meh nah star, de great MR.Pat Riley does always say, success begins wid beating the teams you suppose to beat and competing or winning against de teams are just as good or better dan you. Now, if you choose tuh reply read carefully and get meh point before doing so. Make ah long post short, wid Latapy being a young coach in de business, de de amount of experience he came in to this coaching job wid and de amount of tools (finance,etc) he was given to get his job done, he surely deserve some credit. Latapy, staff and of course de players, dey all deserve a round of :applause:  :applause: :applause:. Of course it is no surprise to me, cuz de lil time ah on dis forum, ah know some ah all yuh like meh son. Ngozi, ah not just saying dis tuh you, but tuh all de members dat know themselves. May Allah bless your heart Latapy, keep doing yuh thing and getting good results for our beloved country and eventually dey will run out of words and apologise to you. Bless. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Supa...

Believe it or not I not out here for Latas to fail and 3 wins statistically is three wins but, I just trying to be realistic about the scenarios to not raise my level of expectations too much unless it is warranted.
Latas is easily my favorite ever player but coaching wise I'm not seeing the ability to inculcate his knowledge into these players.
Realistically the improvement I see might be because he just brought in better players...so as a result the probability of him getting a positive result was naturally improved. But this is what we were hoping for before hand ... we didn't see tactical adjustments or improvement in the overall team play as a result of his coaching but more frustratingly he kept picking the same players over and over again and left out some of our obviously better players.
All we ask his for him to be open-minded and select the better players who can at least give us a chance to succeed.
Congrats on his three victories and I wish him well but he'll have to do a lil better to fully convince us that he ready ...  we know that and I'm sure he does too!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 08:46:24 PM »
We coulda never do that in the past anyway so what's yuh point? when last we beat a full squad american team? do i hear a full squad mexican team? let me lower the bar, a full squad costa rician team? i will lower the bar yet again, a full squad jamaican team? guatemala is ah tit for tat kind of situation, we could never beat then consistently anyway,but yuh was supporting all along.

finally it look like latas digging in and getting the team to perform. before we came into this tourney, everyone including me was sceptical of victory, now that latas proved us wrong for once , lets all rally round our minnow team and celebrate yes, it's been a long time coming and god alone knows how long it's going to last.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 11:24:37 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 08:47:57 AM »
De man asked to be evaluated on the Digicel Cup.....

Actually, the man say eh working on a plan to get us to Brazil and that we were barely over 50% there when Anil tell him win the Digicel Cup or get fired. So at that point he say he had to try and win the digicel cup.

How that work into the overall plan we will never know. It might set us back now cause he had to stop building and put in stop gap measures to get us to the gold cup.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>