April 19, 2024, 06:01:25 PM

Author Topic: When was the last time we  (Read 5577 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When was the last time we
« on: November 07, 2010, 06:03:27 AM »
Beat up caribean teams so with a local squad.

I dont remember this happening in recent memory.

Haiti is a team that usually gives us problems even under great dutch coaches like Wim I remember haiti giving us problems in the digicel.

St Vincent probably have a weaker squad than usual so maybe that is why hit them for 6 and the Guyana game could have been 4-0 if win finished 2 sitters in the second half.

realistically speaking based on this young squad with mostly new men with limited 1 st team caps these are some very good results.

People have to remember that most of our previous losses were on the road and young players with limited experience sometimes do not adjust well.

It is more about the experience than the result.

Now that we are in competition and results matter

Look At the Results!

Fire Latapy my ass.

They better lock in the contract from Now!

They man doing a good job,
Locally focused
Youth Focused

Trying new players

and most of all willing to work and develop the players.

He is the right man for the Job.

Not so much to make gold cup or make world cup, but rather to mold the next generation of players that will be the core of our team for the next 10-15 years.

The man is doing a good Job

When was the last time we beat up Caribbean opposition so?????????

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: When was the last time we
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 08:08:44 AM »
Well said

Now we must keep the fire burning... :devil:
We must not be satisfied,we must stay hungry and focus

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 08:28:18 AM »
when Wim was here

Haiti is a team that usually gives us problems even under great dutch coaches like Wim I remember haiti giving us problems in the digicel.

the team we beat yesterday was weaker team, with some under 23 players

stueps people getting carried away yes, the job aint done yet, rel waggonist

Fire Latapy my ass.

Locally focused
Youth Focused

Trying new players

:heehee:

edit: while its great we win 3 games. lets look at the opposition and the fact that the job ain't done yet. we still have more games to come, don't get carried away. Congrats to the team, but the job aint done yet
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:44:33 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 09:08:41 AM »
12 goals is alot of goals irregardless of who the opposition is. But, to be honest, T&T has always had the upper hands on teams from the smaller caribbean islands, namely OECS states, its normally the larger islands that provide the tougher games (Jamaica, Cuba, Haiti)...Which is why the Haiti result surprised me. But I am reading now that this is a predominantly Haiti under-23 team, and gven the unstable situation there in terms of disaster recovery, you have to feel that this Haitian team is in rebuilding.

In terms of the Gold Cup, you still have to feel that Haiti (at full strength), Ja, T&T would at least rep the caribbean very well...the last thing we want is for St. Lucia etc to get in and end up getting walloped 7-0 by Mexico, although that trend has fallen off in recent years (Guadeloupe had a darn good run couple years ago, and Martinique can do the same).

So i tae it Guyana will play in the Jamaica group. I dont think we have played guyana in a senior mens football game in the past decade, they seem to be on the rise.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 09:25:49 AM »
Allyuh could read what yuh want,, this si haitis team, we have young players too...steups.

It was this same Haiti team that held Jamaica to a 1-1 draw recently

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 09:26:50 AM »
12 goals is alot of goals irregardless of who the opposition is. But, to be honest, T&T has always had the upper hands on teams from the smaller caribbean islands, namely OECS states, its normally the larger islands that provide the tougher games (Jamaica, Cuba, Haiti)...Which is why the Haiti result surprised me. But I am reading now that this is a predominantly Haiti under-23 team, and gven the unstable situation there in terms of disaster recovery, you have to feel that this Haitian team is in rebuilding.

In terms of the Gold Cup, you still have to feel that Haiti (at full strength), Ja, T&T would at least rep the caribbean very well...the last thing we want is for St. Lucia etc to get in and end up getting walloped 7-0 by Mexico, although that trend has fallen off in recent years (Guadeloupe had a darn good run couple years ago, and Martinique can do the same).

So i tae it Guyana will play in the Jamaica group. I dont think we have played guyana in a senior mens football game in the past decade, they seem to be on the rise.

For the first time I agree with something RF said.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 09:28:04 AM »
Remember folks the sports minister say WIN d Cup or Latapy gone  ;) he better win it or else no amount of goodwill can save him
Youtube Channel

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 09:46:47 AM »
KND2, well said sah. Yuh know de Supa never tried and will never try tuh kiss up tuh no one round here, and I mean no one. Is either ah large yuh up or ah small yuh down, straight. As a huge Latapy fan, poor guy, I must admit doh, to a certain point, I do think that he is good enough for de GC and WC. But de problem wid those two competitions, you are competing against much higher level of coaches and players. So wid dat dat said, 55% saying no he is not ready and de other 45% is saying yes. Of course if he is not not ready, poor guy, he is doing his best based on his experience as a player and what ever were available to him when he started to coach. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 10:40:07 AM »

St Vincent probably have a weaker squad than usual so maybe that is why hit them for 6 and the Guyana game could have been 4-0 if win finished 2 sitters in the second half.

realistically speaking based on this young squad with mostly new men with limited 1 st team caps these are some very good results.

People have to remember that most of our previous losses were on the road and young players with limited experience sometimes do not adjust well.

It is more about the experience than the result.

Now that we are in competition and results matter

Look At the Results!

Fire Latapy my ass.

Locally focused
Youth Focused

Trying new players

Not so much to make gold cup or make world cup, but rather to mold the next generation of players that will be the core of our team for the next 10-15 years.

The man is doing a good Job

When was the last time we beat up Caribbean opposition so?????????

Remember this is only the first step in trying to qualify for the Gold Cup.  It way to early to get carried away.  We still have to go to Martinique and actually qualify.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 10:54:23 AM »
Too soon, people also underestimate that believe or not, we're not that easy to beat at home...especially against Caribbean opposition not named Jamaica or Martinique.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 10:57:57 AM »
when we beat martinique and jamaica, then you can give him some credit, otherwise he still on the chopping block

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 10:59:04 AM »
Remember folks the sports minister say WIN d Cup or Latapy gone  ;) he better win it or else no amount of goodwill can save him

Tell the minister of sport to.......................................................................................

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 10:59:21 AM »
when we beat martinique and jamaica, then you can give him some credit, otherwise he still on the chopping block

Agreed.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 11:03:01 AM »
I cyah believe man getting carried away already. :)  Seriously!!!  Lock Latas contract in?  It's only about results "AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL."  To keep your job as the National coach of T&T you need to get results at the highest level.  I'll argue that the teams we beat up on is not at the highest lvl.  The only thing I would say is that it appears that some level of normalcy is coming back when we play Caribbean opponents.  Unless we beating El Sal., Guat, Hon, and them I'm not happy.  No dis to Latas but that's the nature of the job.  Great 3 games though.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 11:04:20 AM »

Agreed.

Che that bar still to low for me.  But yes that would bring him more consideration.  :)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 11:05:25 AM »
I cyah believe man getting carried away already. :)  Seriously!!!  Lock Latas contract in?  It's only about results "AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL."  To keep your job as the National coach of T&T you need to get results at the highest level.  I'll argue that the teams we beat up on is not at the highest lvl.  The only thing I would say is that it appears that some level of normalcy is coming back when we play Caribbean opponents.  Unless we beating El Sal., Guat, Hon, and them I'm not happy.  No dis to Latas but that's the nature of the job.  Great 3 games though.

Agreed.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 11:33:21 AM »
if allyuh feel Latas dem ketching me to make any long-ass road trip or spend money on any plane ticket, so i could go and see dem in ah effing SCRIMMAGE against any US or other gold cup team....dey could rock so yes...we SUPPOSE to beat dese fly-by-night teams we beat!

Check me when we hold we own against good teams.

I coulda coach dis team to dem victories, and me eh no big time coach:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »

Thank you Preacher! Men already getting carried away but for what?!
We have proven nothing yet against quality opponents!!
1. We have not yet qualified for the Gold Cup!
2. We have not yet won the Digicel!

When we do that then I will happily join the celebrations and endorse Latapy as probably the man to take us into the 2014 World Cup qualification campaign but until then I am not going to start dancing in the streets!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 12:09:44 PM »

Thank you Preacher! Men already getting carried away but for what?!
We have proven nothing yet against quality opponents!!
1. We have not yet qualified for the Gold Cup!
2. We have not yet won the Digicel!

When we do that then I will happily join the celebrations and endorse Latapy as probably the man to take us into the 2014 World Cup qualification campaign but until then I am not going to start dancing in the streets!

agreed.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 12:12:20 PM »

Dat "local" squad had 4 foreign based players

More dan when Wim had his local squad dat finished 2nd to Haiti in the Digicel Cup FINALS
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 12:34:03 PM »

More dan when Wim had his local squad dat finished 2nd to Haiti in the Digicel Cup FINALS

But palos how much players in Wim squad had less than 20 caps?  This team has about 15 fellas

Of that 15 fellas 12 ah dem have less than 10 caps. Matter ah fact only 2 players have over 30 caps in that squad

6 ah dem players Under 22 years old.

This is an extremely young inexperienced squad.

Wim wanted Nothing to do with an equation like that. He was always complaining about the local players while Latas feel he could get the best out ah dem. The least we could do is Support him  :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 12:43:52 PM »

But palos how much players in Wim squad had less than 20 caps?  This team has about 15 fellas

Of that 15 fellas 12 ah dem have less than 10 caps. Matter ah fact only 2 players have over 30 caps in that squad

Wim wanted Nothing to do with an equation like that. He was always complaining about the local players while Latas feel he could get the best out ah dem. The least we could do is Support him  :beermug:

WIM never lie we local players not ready, why we fooling we self so? what caps have to do with that, look who we beat. Latapy aint make the finals yet. Until he does don't compare him and wim in the same sentence. You really feel latapy go fall on he own sword criticizing the local players?. Mats never get no support from we, so what different with Latas. As i say the job aint over yet, it has just begun.
Youtube Channel

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 12:48:59 PM »
Well done Trinidad and thanks for helping Guyana. Everyone should remember that Trinidad played at home and no other result other than whipping all three teams they played was expected. Guyana's first loss in a year. No excuse but even for Guyana this is not our best team but we are happy the team did very well to qualify for the next level.

Reggae-Fan: So i tae it Guyana will play in the Jamaica group. I dont think we have played guyana in a senior mens football game in the past decade, they seem to be on the rise.

No problem man. Hopefully you will take us for granted and perhaps we will get a chance to introduce you J'cans to a man named 'Jackie-Chan'.

Fyzoman: we SUPPOSE to beat dese fly-by-night teams we beat!

uummm....a bit too much arrogance there I think. You were the best team and you won a chance to move up. Lets see how you do when you are not playing so called 'fly-by night teams'.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 01:09:19 PM »
Me eh saying nothing, because "man" tell me I does bad mouth the team. I guess, alls well that ends wells.  :-\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 01:14:36 PM »

WIM never lie we local players not ready, why we fooling we self so? what caps have to do with that, look who we beat. Latapy aint make the finals yet. Until he does don't compare him and wim in the same sentence. You really feel latapy go fall on he own sword criticizing the local players?. Mats never get no support from we, so what different with Latas. As i say the job aint over yet, it has just begun.

WIM never lie we local players not ready, why we fooling we self so?

Latas never lie an say we players ready. But the difference is he trying to lift our players up as opposed to put them down.

What caps have to do with that

Are you serious ??? LOL. Caps is representative of experience particularly in internationals

Latapy aint make the finals yet. Until he does don't compare him and wim in the same sentence.

Is Palos put Latas and Wim in the same sentence. Not that it makes a difference. Wim ent Beenie

Mats never get no support from we, so what different with Latas

The Difference is that Latas is Trini, and I know it not in most of our genes to support our own (like some of our Caribbean neighbours) but once in a while it good for the soul. Is one thing to criticize but Latas has gotten verbal abuse...straight up

He was told to qualify for the Gold Cup, win the Digi, Let him at least do that without abuse and with some level of respect and support. As ah fellow Trini is that too much to ask for (that was a pun, cause ah know better)

But hey...carry on. Dias how we does do

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 01:28:42 PM »
What caps have to do with that

Are you serious ??? LOL. Caps is representative of experience particularly in internationals

Mats never get no support from we, so what different with Latas

The Difference is that Latas is Trini, and I know it not in most of our genes to support our own (like some of our Caribbean neighbours) but once in a while it good for the soul. Is one thing to criticize but Latas has gotten verbal abuse...straight up

He was told to qualify for the Gold Cup, win the Digi, Let him at least do that without abuse and with some level of respect and support. As ah fellow Trini is that too much to ask for (that was a pun, cause ah know better)

But hey...carry on. Dias how we does do

Because he is Trini that give him a free ride?, stueps Latas immune to verbal abuse? It comes with the Job.  The man get criticize fairly before, and get praise for his recent results. We rank 106 under latas helm the lowest rank EVER, should we be happy? Verbal abuse happens all over the world, it not exclusive to Trinidad. After recent results i doh blame people for being angry.

how much caps we need to beat Guyana and St Vincent and Haiti  ??? saying Wim team had more caps means nothing looking at the opposition we beat. We go talk next rounds, i hope the results are positive, for the sake of Trini football
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:32:52 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2010, 02:08:07 PM »
KND it is an under-strength Guyana and an Under-23 Haiti side we play. 
Yuh really jumpin for joy over that?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 02:20:16 PM »
KND it is an under-strength Guyana and an Under-23 Haiti side we play. 
Yuh really jumpin for joy over that?

Agreed.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »
We have done what was expected and nothing more in fact inferior opposition like St.Vincent scored 2 goals against us and we could only score 2 against Guyana who replied with 1 goal.Since it appears that RL is going for all out attack then it didn't show against Guyana and to be honest Guyana always looked like scoring.St.Vincent was also understrength like Guyana,am I wrong in thinking that we should be well above the standards of teams like Guyana and Vincy,I am sure many on here feel we should be.I can only start feeling confident when we come away with a clean sheet against such teams,Haiti is a different story,they are using all under 23 inexperenced players and are rebuilding so nothing to shout about,dont forget we played to a nil-nil draw in the second half,what happened to all RL attacking philosophy in the second half.
 The toughest we have played so far were Jamaica and Panama and they both shreded us, Jamaica did us at home and we were lucky it wasn't 6 or 7,Panama gave us a similar beating.I personally think the best match we had so far was against Jamaica in Kingston where we could have won,Jamaica was lucky to be given a penalty,it never was a penalty as we all saw.I am a Trini and feel very relieved that we have qualified for the Digicel,what I would like to see now is ,we win the Caribbean title,it would also be nice to see us put one over on Jamaica and most of all keep some clean sheets,if all this goes to plan then I can sit down in comfort on my settee and watch Trinbago play instead of peeping from behind the settee.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »
Frico Ja is not the only team TT must contend with. Take off your blinders. Martinique and Quada are EQUALLY capable of winning the cup.

I here nor there with Latas as our coach. But I have to say one thing for him. He is practically developing HIS team from scatch. It is an uphill battle. He is doing the foundation work. I doubt very much he will get to see the househe  is trying to build completed. Well unless he wins the Digicel and Gold cups. But like Beeni, another coach may be selected and will be given an experienced squad to work with. He will not have to deal with the development process. He will be getting the finished product of Latas hard work

1]; } ?>