April 28, 2024, 03:18:24 PM

Author Topic: FAZEER FIRED/ PP VERSION DOWNSIZED  (Read 15241 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FAZEER FIRED/ PP VERSION DOWNSIZED
« on: November 08, 2010, 08:03:20 AM »
Just heard that Fazeer got his marching papers. It is after he had a gr8 interview wit Suruj aka founder of SPIC.

They say dey cuttin cost but u go get rid of d only ting that peeps does watch on d 2x4 station. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: FAZEER FIRED/ PP VERSION DOWNSIZED
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 08:24:54 AM »
Just heard that Fazeer got his marching papers. It is after he had a gr8 interview wit Suruj aka founder of SPIC.

They say dey cuttin cost but u go get rid of d only ting that peeps does watch on d 2x4 station. 
I don't always agree with Fazeer but I must admit that he is one of the most unbiased social/political commentators in the country. He is an asset to any media house. What a shame, if this is true !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:33:58 AM »

I don't always agree with Fazeer but I must admit that he is one of the most unbiased social/political commentators in the country. He is an asset to any media house. What a shame, if this is true !

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:57:12 AM »
Wait nah. I read on a next local forum bout some muslim man who got fired.

A muslim reporter was fired today because he was questioning a minister on the new foriegn policy last week. The minister in question then asked the muslim reporter if he was against a woman in power. The reporter responded by saying " personally I am not against a woman prime minister but I am a devout muslim so I can't supporter religiously."

Today he was fired because of cost cutting.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:25:57 AM »
Wait nah. I read on a next local forum bout some muslim man who got fired.

A muslim reporter was fired today because he was questioning a minister on the new foriegn policy last week. The minister in question then asked the muslim reporter if he was against a woman in power. The reporter responded by saying " personally I am not against a woman prime minister but I am a devout muslim so I can't supporter religiously."

Today he was fired because of cost cutting.

Yep.  Same story.  CNMG would normally save the videos of their shows on the website.  Anybody seeing the video there?  I can't check from here at work and ah feel by the time ah reach home, if it dey now it might not be dey tonight...

Sammy, whey yuh boy??....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 09:38:19 AM »
andy johnson is d host now...well temporary i thin (an he a gov't appointee..director of GISL)
i hearin talk of hansley ajodha (lawwwwd..ah nex PP lackey)
Ken Ali is d new CEO of CNMG so he wud have overseen d firing

dey bawl dey wanna cut costs (like Faz was makin ah Yaya toure salary lol)

d video of d first up program on that day (las week thursday)...rambachan interview from after d hour mark i think cya rememba

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.ctntworld.com%2Fview%2F460%2Ffirst-up-online-041110%2F&h=46467

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 10:23:17 AM »
Ken Ali is the "Acting" CEO.  CNMG does not have a board.  WASA also has an "Acting" CEO in the form of Ganga Singh.  WASA also does not have a board.  These people really playing the arse.  At this point, anybody who find I nit picking or not being objective could kiss my rear end.....this government doing pure unalduterated shyte!!!

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 10:28:43 AM »
andy johnson is d host now...well temporary i thin (an he a gov't appointee..director of GISL)
i hearin talk of hansley ajodha (lawwwwd..ah nex PP lackey)
Ken Ali is d new CEO of CNMG so he wud have overseen d firing

dey bawl dey wanna cut costs (like Faz was makin ah Yaya toure salary lol)

d video of d first up program on that day (las week thursday)...rambachan interview from after d hour mark i think cya rememba

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.ctntworld.com%2Fview%2F460%2Ffirst-up-online-041110%2F&h=46467

These people rel something else. They very combative. I thought he came across really well in explaining what the PM really meant. Then he get on he high horse an start attacking Fazeer for no reason.

The PP seems to think that they are setting some type of precedent with the manner in which they are "governing". That everything is going well and the people are benefitting from whatever they beilieve they doing. Can't see them changing how they go about doing things.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »
The PP racking them up.....

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/commentaries/Rab_s_immortal_lesson-106863363.html

Rab's immortal lesson
By Keith Subero

He signed his name "Rab", but Richard Austen Butler was by no means the kind of person whom Trinbagonians would associate with that name. Rab Butler (1902-1982), to me, remains one of the most memorable British politicians. In 1963, Rab sat as deputy prime minister and home secretary and he was expected at some time to assume higher office. As I was reminded, Scotland Yard began investigating a company with which Rab was associated, prior to his becoming home secretary.

Rab delivered what, to me, was one of the most defining lessons in politics ever: "lest there be the hint of suspicion", Rab resigned honourably from the Cabinet, clearing the way for a full police investigation.

The lesson that Rab left us was: politicians must be people of virtue, and—for the overall good of the body politic—their every action must be seen as working for the common good.

"Man, if he is without virtue," Aristotle wrote, "is the most unholy and savage being." Justice, then, is Man's only salvation. So in the political community, every citizen ideally should work, for the sake of justice, and the common good. And so "politics"—unfortunately we misuse the word—is never about the politician's ambition, his group, or a party's interests, but an activity in which he assists citizens to work collectively toward "the furtherance of the common good".

Centuries after Aristotle, John Stuart Mill added further that governments must be seen always as being "for the people", and "a good government promotes the virtue and intelligence of its people". These are historical heights set by the early thinkers and, as a young nation, we need at this stage to demand these noble characteristics from our politicians. We did not demand such of Patrick Manning and look what good it did us, neither did we hold up such standards to George Chambers, Arthur NR Robinson or Basdeo Panday.

When he took office in the '90s, Panday swung a guillotine, firing a number of public officials, causing Lord Kitchener to respond with "The No Work Band", on fearing for the fate of executives, who were fired by Panday's United National Congress. Persons like Port of Spain Mayor Louis Lee Sing and Henry Sealy, then executive director of the Unit Trust, and many others I am sure, still carry that pain of the '90s.

Had the Grand Master been around, today we would have expected "The No Work Band Volume II", given the growing record of dismissals under the hand of the new People's Partnership.

• Last week, two Government ministers in the Office of the Prime Minister, Collin Partap and Rodger Samuel, marched into the Caribbean News Media Group (formerly TTT), and—without a board of directors in place—presided over the exit of CNMG's general manager, Ingrid Isaac. Was that for the common good?

• James Philbert, the acting commissioner of police, with days to go on his three-times extended contract, was sent a letter from the Police Service Commission ending his 43-year career. Was that for the common good?

• Col George Robinson, head of the Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management, in the face of unusual political weather, is out of office. Was that for the common good?

• Nafeesa Mohammed, an adviser in the Office of the Attorney General, was asked to leave, but not allowed to clear her office. Was that...?

• Brig Peter Joseph, fired summarily from Special Anti-Crime Unit of Trinidad and Tobago (SAUTT), his commission in the Voluntary Service revoked, and now battling for his gratuity. Was that...?

• Three hundred clerical workers attached to schools across the country fired by the Ministry of Education. Was that...?

• Maxie Cuffie, working as CEO of the Government Information Service Ltd, is informed by the media that he is being replaced. Was that...?

• Keisha Ince, CEO of the Government's infrastructure company, is fired by the wave of a hand. Was that... just part of a growing list?

This is a frightening trend under the new government. It is something that the workers' representatives, Comrades Errol McLeod and David Abdulah, will very soon have to deal with, in the interest of workers, and "the common good". I fear that the People's Partnership, like the National Alliance for Reconstruction and the UNC, is squandering its public goodwill, given last May, because of its preoccupation with People's National Movement excesses, and its focus on settling old scores.

When our Prime Minister took to the "catwalk" last week, she looked more sure-footed there than in her five-month-old government, where she appears bent on earning a reputation as "Mistress of the Misstep".
Her partner on the red carpet, Attorney General Anand Ramlogan, appeared ideally suited, for he appears to be the front-runner for the title of "Mister Misstep" 2010—first the 1990 coup enquiry mis-step, now the CLICO-HCU enquiry mis-step.

I believe there are lessons to be learnt from Rab, Aristotle and Mill, and of course one should always listen as Kitchener warned about "the vengeance of Moko".

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 10:50:39 AM »
When I get home I will save the video . I feel they will want to cut cost on server space too.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 01:12:32 PM »
When I get home I will save the video . I feel they will want to cut cost on server space too.

Take care dey realize de server cost before yuh reach home.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 01:24:08 PM »
Ken Ali is the "Acting" CEO.  CNMG does not have a board.  WASA also has an "Acting" CEO in the form of Ganga Singh.  WASA also does not have a board.  These people really playing the arse.  At this point, anybody who find I nit picking or not being objective could kiss my rear end.....this government doing pure unalduterated shyte!!!

Ken Ali and Suruj used to be on Sangeet 106 together, so they're partners from looong time. Suruj ignorant/arrogant bad bad.
They just put in a stooge (andy) since they couldn't get Fazeer to say what they want when they want.
Same shit when manning make that radio host get fired. I guess the more things change, the more they remain the same.

Come on Power 102, go get Fazeer to join Marcia and Sherma on mornings and allyuh good to go!
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 01:29:39 PM »

Ken Ali and Suruj used to be on Sangeet 106 together, so they're partners from looong time. Suruj ignorant/arrogant bad bad.
They just put in a stooge (andy) since they couldn't get Fazeer to say what they want when they want.
Same shit when manning make that radio host get fired. I guess the more things change, the more they remain the same.

Come on Power 102, go get Fazeer to join Marcia and Sherma on mornings and allyuh good to go!

Ahrmm.....ent dah radio host get suspended?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 01:36:52 PM »

And that action was taken by the management of a private radio station.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 02:21:20 PM »

Nah iz because Manning did storm d station.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 02:25:34 PM »

remember the same thing happen with Panday too?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 02:29:28 PM »

remember the same thing happen with Panday too?

Yeah dey deport Julian Rogers

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 03:19:44 PM »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 03:23:16 PM »
someone embed this for me thanks

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UT4fRxhnLes&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UT4fRxhnLes&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UT4fRxhnLes&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UT4fRxhnLes&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Nah man. I doubt. I really really really hope that wasnt the reason. De man made it clear that in terms of religion no...but not in terms of a country. And even worse....it was totally unconnected to the point that was being discussed. Ramberchan throw dat in to distract from the point at hand.

If it was due to "downsizing" as stated, then I would assume other employees got the same treatment?
And..even though I not an expert in terms of employee rights et al.....wouldnt downsizing or retrenchment need to be given due notice? Can that be effective immediately?

Oh and I noticing a trend. Every lapse this government makes......apologists jump in and say.."buh ent manning did do xyz?"

Now dem same people was cussing Manning when those same things "happened" (cause....some of the parallels real lax) over a 7 year period. Yet...the PP seem like they striving to equal it within a 7 month period.
Den again..dahs probably how people could say that this government 100% better than the last one. 7 months compared to 7 years?

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 04:27:36 PM »

Nah man. I doubt. I really really really hope that wasnt the reason. De man made it clear that in terms of religion no...but not in terms of a country. And even worse....it was totally unconnected to the point that was being discussed. Ramberchan throw dat in to distract from the point at hand.

If it was due to "downsizing" as stated, then I would assume other employees got the same treatment?
And..even though I not an expert in terms of employee rights et al.....wouldnt downsizing or retrenchment need to be given due notice? Can that be effective immediately?

Oh and I noticing a trend. Every lapse this government makes......apologists jump in and say.."buh ent manning did do xyz?"

Now dem same people was cussing Manning when those same things "happened" (cause....some of the parallels real lax) over a 7 year period. Yet...the PP seem like they striving to equal it within a 7 month period.
Den again..dahs probably how people could say that this government 100% better than the last one. 7 months compared to 7 years?

if u see the entire interview...the way suruj jump in wit d questions it was as though he came prepared to try to pull up fazeer on that issue...suruj say since d las time he was on he left wit d impression that fazeer this and that...d way how fazeer operates he gives everybody dey licks...suruj and by extension others in the PP totin rel feelinngs wenever he takes the gov't to task on anything on air when and where necessary...so the desire to see fazeer removed was probably always there and the haste and reason y it was done to me is so blatant...and den later on he wa come roun thick n sweet jesse may ventour for reading out facebook posts..

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 04:36:47 PM »
Fazeer used to pong PNM when dey was in power...

but check this, is not fazeer alone get buss throat, peter taylor and Mr. Q from the evening show get fired and all over the weekend.

I doh understand that one. Peter seemed pro PP and Mr. Q was always pnm and anti PP. All in all it was a real good show with a good balance. Last week Kamla get real pong from the callers even though Peter was batting in she crease at first....... so i dunno.
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 05:15:29 PM »
I don't know much about this controversy, but I will say... Fazeer is an absolute boss.  Just about two years ago I sent him an email taking exception to some article or the other that he'd written, and to my surprise I received not only a response, but a timely response at that, outlining his position.  I still didn't agree with  him, but I came to better understand his perspective, and to better appreciate him as a journalist. 

It proved to me that his positions are well-reasoned and that he isn't above criticism, willing to explain his perspective when necessary.  I don't know enough of the program to say one way or another if he's neutral in his criticism of the government, but my guess is that he's above letting personal bias affect his professional opinion, based on my interaction with him.  Doesn't strike me as a petty fella at all. 

What is petty is the way that Suruj threw in the "religion" talk when it didn't seem to have any bearing on the discussion.  Not because a man ponging the PP does that give you the right (as a Minister no less) to bring his religious beliefs into the discussion.  Your religion as a Hindu doesn't make you agree with Kamla being in a position of leadership, why then would you assume that Fazeer would let his religious views influence his political commentary or his criticism of Kamla.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 05:33:16 PM »
Bakes, I could count on 10 fingers the number of times I watched "First up".   But I am yet to hear one person say anything bad about Fazeer and his conduct on this show and as a journalist on a whole.....

Something about this stinks to the high heavens!!!... >:(
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 06:19:31 PM »
Well alluyh wanted change....  what ah go say.. dey change he too
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 06:21:53 PM »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KPNRP3DA

I posted the wmv file here. In case CNMG want save to on server space.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 06:35:23 PM »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KPNRP3DA

I posted the wmv file here. In case CNMG want save to on server space.

I listening to the interview right now....so far the exchange going fairly decent.....they discussing Kamla's PR FAIL last week.....ah eh hear the contentious exchange yet....

Edit:
Ok it done, but ah miss something. I listen the whole thing and mih eh hear that part about religion.... :-\ :-\

Edit (again)
I must have missed it, the exchange was very early in the discourse and I wasn't listening carefully at the start.....having now seen it, is like one minute dey discussing cheese and den Suruj decide let we discuss chalk instead for a few seconds....
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:47:38 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 07:39:28 PM »
Bakes, I could count on 10 fingers the number of times I watched "First up".   But I am yet to hear one person say anything bad about Fazeer and his conduct on this show and as a journalist on a whole.....

Something about this stinks to the high heavens!!!... >:(

CO-SIGNNNN

truetrini

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 08:28:29 PM »
Media Association statement
.by Media Association of Trinidad & Tobago on Monday, November 8, 2010 at 4:39pm.The Media Association is deeply disturbed by the recent developments at CNMG.

With regard to the firing of Fazeer Mohammed, one of the hosts of the First Up programme, the Media Association would like to know why and at what level the decision was taken to terminate Mr Mohammed’s employment with the station.

Matt would also appreciate an explanation as to its timing. Mr Mohammed was fired without warning last Saturday, two days after he interviewed a government minister who appeared to be displeased by his line of questioning.

The Media Association hopes that CNMG can give a categorical assurance that there was no causal connection between those two events.

In Matt’s view, Mr Mohammed was conducting the interview in a professional manner and was raising questions and concerns shared by many members of the public, both locally and overseas.

The timing of his dismissal, however, gives the impression that he was penalised for doing his job.

Whatever the reason for the termination of Mr Mohammed’s employment, it was a very serious error of judgement to replace him with Andy Johnson, head of Government Information Services.

The Media Association has the greatest respect for Mr Johnson, who was a leading practitioner in the field for many years.

However, Mr Johnson is no longer a practising journalist, but is now clearly aligned with the government of the day.

His objectives and responsibilities as head of GISL are therefore in direct conflict with those of an independent journalist.

For Mr Johnson to be given the role of host of a news programme at CNMG, a state-owned media house, gives the impression that the government views CNMG as an extension of GISL.

In fact, however, CNMG is intended to work in the public interest to provide independent news and opinion.

Mr Johnson’s hosting of the programme, especially in the wake of Mr Mohammed’s ouster, will make it extremely difficult for CNMG to be seen as a source of unbiased information.

The Media Association therefore hopes that Mr Johnson’s stint as host of First Up will be brought to a rapid end and that he will be immediately replaced by someone who has no such conflict of interest and is currently qualified for this particular job.

Matt executive

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »
Changing CEOs and boards are natural , we expect that. This action against a journalist is clear abuse of power and the move to replace him with a government stooge is a communist style attack on journalistic freedom.  UNC 1 was Julian Rogers and Ken Gordon , UNC 2 is Fazeer Mohammed. I wonder who's next.

I wouldn't be surprised if dubious opinions emerge besmirching  Fazeer as a misogynistic, islamic fundamentalist incapable on unbiased commentary .

There was a term used to describe Patrick Manning and his administration. Oh yes, 'creeping dictatorship'. At this rate I think I prefer Manning's dictatorship to Kamla's democracy.

1]; } ?>