April 28, 2024, 04:00:16 PM

Author Topic: FAZEER FIRED/ PP VERSION DOWNSIZED  (Read 15243 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: FAZEER FIRED/ PP VERSION DOWNSIZED
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2010, 02:52:10 PM »
Is either alyuh rel hypocritical or alyuh head to far up alyuh arse.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2010, 05:39:33 PM »

........or the bullshit start so early man still suffering from whiplash....not friggin me!!!....ah well pass mih mouth on Patrick when he do shit, ah could well pass mih mouth on this bunch who doing more shit!!

For example, Devant Maharaj as CHAIRMAN of PTSC!!!  Chairman??!!  Chairman??!! 

Steups!!!!....is one more bag ah shyte day in day out...and whey Madame PM??  Oh yeah she accepting an award from Glamour magazine, not TIME or Newsweek, f*(&$ng Glamour Magazine!!, she meeting Hillary Clinton   ::)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:45:22 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2010, 07:24:26 PM »

........or the bullshit start so early man still suffering from whiplash....not friggin me!!!....ah well pass mih mouth on Patrick when he do shit, ah could well pass mih mouth on this bunch who doing more shit!!

Steups!!!!....is one more bag ah shyte day in day out...and whey Madame PM??  Oh yeah she accepting an award from Glamour magazine, not TIME or Newsweek, f*(&$ng Glamour Magazine!!, she meeting Hillary Clinton   ::)

That is definitely Patrick fault.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2010, 09:22:40 PM »
Unfair criticism.... Yuh stanting tuh sound like them republicans complaining about Obama and how the taking too many vacations and unnecessary foreign trips.  Let the PM do what she feel is best.  If at the end of the term people deem that she eh good enough vote she out but I think people nitpicking too much.

Wait... so is only dis new government is de victim of "unfair criticism"? 

Additionally, your comparison to the criticism of Obama is nonsensical.  Ever since Obama won the election two years ago he's been knee and elbow deep in running this country and in trying to find a solution to the economic problems plagueing it.  Even before he was sworn in... before he even won election he was part of the discussions.  With Kamla it seems (thus far) like the PM chair is just a platform to gallery sheself.  Outside of the idiotic laptop policy can you name one significant policy matter that she's weighed in on?  Just one... aside from inserting her foot in her mouth twice over aid to Caribbean neighbors.

Every time you look up she's in the US, for a host of reasons, some meritorious and other just plain wasteful... like the trip with her entourage to go to Queens and thank her "supporters".  Every time she leaves there is some other "acting PM" or the other.  Even when she IS here there is very little party discipline as the inmates are climbing all over themselves in effort to run the PP asylum.  How about she focuses on governance at home and in corralling her increasingly out of control subordinates??  Rambachan is just the latest in a line of neophytes who seem to relish the turn in the spotlight to let everybody know that they are in charge now.

I sure Manning did what HE felt was best, but that didn't stop him from being criticized at every turn.  I not here to hold no brief for Manning, he get what he look for ... but at the same time if it good for the goose, it damn well will be good for the gander.
I disagree that the comparison is nonsensical.  Just b/c you say so it eh so.  I not saying she shouldn't be criticized and I understand politics.  But clearly as in the case of Obama there is bias.  Whether or not you agree doesn't really mean anything to me but that's the way I see it.  We may have to agree to disagree but the fact is the PM will make mistakes.  Shoot Bush just admitted his mistakes but people are rushing to judgement way too soon.  Give the blasted lady a chance to operate and make her mistakes.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2010, 11:29:24 PM »
I disagree that the comparison is nonsensical.  Just b/c you say so it eh so.  I not saying she shouldn't be criticized and I understand politics.  But clearly as in the case of Obama there is bias.  Whether or not you agree doesn't really mean anything to me but that's the way I see it.  We may have to agree to disagree but the fact is the PM will make mistakes.  Shoot Bush just admitted his mistakes but people are rushing to judgement way too soon.  Give the blasted lady a chance to operate and make her mistakes.

So your suggestion is what... when yuh see something yuh disagree with say nothing?  If that is how you does operate then maybe that works fuh you but that has never been my style... yuh ent have to like it.

As for comparing the criticism of Kamla to the criticism of Obama... you really think that is valid?  I mean, seriously??

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2010, 06:19:57 AM »
Well hear nah, Kamla now reach back and held a press conference up in Piarco.  That good.   So of course the media question she about the hot topic, Fazeer/CNMG.

She say she still maintains her stance about freedom of the press yada, yada, yada but as far as she is concerned the whole thing is about cutting costs and had nothing to do infringing on freedom of the press.......

Mih brain still trying to come up with an appropriate response....mih first instinct was to fall down laughing, but ah have a feeling this too serious to take and make joke....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2010, 07:16:15 AM »

Yuh cyar vex for dat. Everybody know full well he was aligned with dem before elections. All dahs part of who people vote for.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2010, 07:31:48 AM »

Yuh cyar vex for dat. Everybody know full well he was aligned with dem before elections. All dahs part of who people vote for.

Yeah, but chairman??  Ah sure each political party have they hacks they must stick somewhere to appease them, but not chairman.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »
Well hear nah, Kamla now reach back and held a press conference up in Piarco.  That good.   So of course the media question she about the hot topic, Fazeer/CNMG.

She say she still maintains her stance about freedom of the press yada, yada, yada but as far as she is concerned the whole thing is about cutting costs and had nothing to do infringing on freedom of the press.......

Mih brain still trying to come up with an appropriate response....mih first instinct was to fall down laughing, but ah have a feeling this too serious to take and make joke....

the thing is she said that with a real serious face dread...so my question is...how come the line minister colin Partap, when interviewed yesterday, ent know nothing about this cost cutting ting?
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2010, 07:53:36 AM »

the thing is she said that with a real serious face dread...so my question is...how come the line minister colin Partap, when interviewed yesterday, ent know nothing about this cost cutting ting?

Not only that, Dookeran say he eh know nutten bout cost cutting.  The employees of CNMG didn't know nutten bout it until Fazeer got a call on Saturday evening.  Ken Ali (ACTING CEO) apparently could implement this policy on his own because there is no board at CNMG and the Colin Partap eh know nutten bout dat.  Kamla say she was advised about the cost cutting, so who advise she??  By process of elimination is Ken Ali alone tell she dat??  ??? :-\

*sigh* I done.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2010, 08:07:34 AM »

Not only that, Dookeran say he eh know nutten bout cost cutting.  The employees of CNMG didn't know nutten bout it until Fazeer got a call on Saturday evening.  Ken Ali (ACTING CEO) apparently could implement this policy on his own because there is no board at CNMG and the Colin Partap eh know nutten bout dat.  Kamla say she was advised about the cost cutting, so who advise she??  By process of elimination is Ken Ali alone tell she dat??  ??? :-\

*sigh* I done.....

Dey could be right. Dey never said financial cost. It could be political cost.

Yeah, but chairman??  Ah sure each political party have they hacks they must stick somewhere to appease them, but not chairman.....

Why not chairman? Everybody want dey piece. And all dat is wha people should study.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2010, 08:19:42 AM »
I hear the Minister of Foreign Affair said that the PM visited MANY COUNTRIES in the USA.   :-[  That your tax dollars were at work.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2010, 10:05:22 AM »
I hear the Minister of Foreign Affair said that the PM visited MANY COUNTRIES in the USA.   :-[  That your tax dollars were at work.

Aye... stop nitpicking nah, maybe de man did mean COUNTIES... yuh know, Kings, Suffolk, Westchester, Nassau... lol

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2010, 10:18:14 AM »
nah man yuh lying on the man.  :rotfl: You too wicked .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2010, 02:14:43 PM »

*sigh* I done.....

Dey could be right. Dey never said financial cost. It could be political cost.

Why not chairman? Everybody want dey piece. And all dat is wha people should study.

STUDY ALL DEY DID STUDY WAS PATRICK SO TAKE DEVANT AND D REST IN THEY TAIL.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2010, 09:40:12 PM »
Sell CNMG, says ex-journalist Cuffie
Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Sell_CNMG__says_ex-journalist_Cuffie-107113958.html

By Aabida Allaham
November 10, 2009
Put the Caribbean New Media Group (CNMG) up for sale.

That's the call being made by former chief executive officer of Government Information Services Ltd (GISL) Maxie Cuffie.

His proposal comes in the wake of the dismissal of First Up talk-show host Fazeer Mohammed from the company last Saturday.

Speaking with the Express via telephone yesterday, Cuffie said the sale of CNMG would be a viable move by the Government, which also owns the GISL.

"Government should sell CNMG. It has no strategic value. It has no importance," he said.

"The Government has no business owning a media house and I strongly believe that the country and the employees of CNMG will be better off if it was sold. In fact, I would prescribe it. GISL serves the purpose they need... and this has been my consistent position since before this administration took office."

The former journalist, who is also a former president of the Media Association of Trinidad and Tobago (MATT), said Mohammed was one of the best morning show presenters in the country and, with his firing, the company could lose money.

"First Up was one of the most competitive programmes among all the other morning show programmes and it was partly due to Fazeer," he said.

"I also know for a fact that other media houses have tried to procure Fazeer away from CNMG. CNMG has just begun to see some profitability because of programmes like First Up."

However, Julian Rogers, a former head of news at CNMG, said he would not say "sell" the media house, but if the "private sector is ready and wants it, then yes" because CNMG has not been successful in achieving its mandate as a "flagship media enterprise".

Rogers—who was part of the original team set up to "revolutionise" the media industry in Trinidad and Tobago with the rebranding of the Trinidad and Tobago Television Company (TTT) into CNMG—was speaking via telephone from Barbados.

He said at that time, he felt the Government had the wherewithal to establish a media industry" that "drew on technology and drew on the professionals in the industry to create something that surpassed all other media houses throughout the region".

CNMG interim CEO Ken Ali has cited cost-cutting measures as the reason for Mohammed's dismissal. But many citizens questioned the move because of its timing—it came one day after a discussion between Mohammed and Foreign Affairs Minister Surujrattan Rambachan about Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar being a woman in a leadership position.

Andy Johnson, current GISL CEO and former TV6 Morning Edition host, has been presenting the First Up morning show since Mohammed's dismissal. When asked yesterday whether or not he was being paid to host the programme, he said: "I do not want to comment on that issue."

Acting Prime Minister Winston Dookeran said he is looking into the matter because he does not have all the facts. He was not aware of any cost-cutting exercises at the State-owned company.

Yesterday, rumours also circulated that TV6 investigative reporter Sasha Mohammed was tipped for the position of head of news at CNMG.

She denied any such appointment, but confirmed that she had resigned from the Caribbean Communications Network (CCN) TV6, with effect from December 31. Mohammed said she was embarking on 35 days' vacation leave following the handing in of her resignation.

CNMG falls under the direct responsibility of the Prime Minister.

Without a functioning board in place, the line Minister—which in this case is Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar—has the sole right to decide what should and should not happen in the State-owned company.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2010, 08:41:21 AM »
MR Ken Ali is comming on  Power 102FM shortly people stay tuned for this you will hear lies and more lies .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2010, 08:57:54 AM »
MR Ken Ali is comming on  Power 102FM shortly people stay tuned for this you will hear lies and more lies .

Nah.  He duck dem apparently.  The show nearly done and he eh reach yet.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2010, 09:09:17 AM »
Sasha Mohammed?  ???

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2010, 09:10:53 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9F_HXVqmVs&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f9F_HXVqmVs&amp;</a>
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2010, 09:37:59 AM »
Alyuh always lieing on the PPeople. They never ever fire the man. They putting the man in a better position. Why alyuh so. First alyuh printing thing that they never ask tuh print. Now alyuh taking press releases from them and misreading them. Just how alyuh say the Madame PM say T&t must get something from helping other people and she never say so.

Alyuh like to much bacchanal.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2010, 12:13:04 PM »
Sasha Mohammed?  ???

probably gettin reward for "Hart of the matter"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2010, 12:15:44 PM »
Sasha Mohammed?  ???

probably gettin reward for "Hart of the matter"

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahha  :devil:
Youtube Channel

truetrini

truetrini

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2010, 03:51:07 PM »
Like all of you who are fans of FIRST UP, I am hurting too. I understand your confusion, disbelief and shock.

Confusion: because we had a really good thing going with FIRST UP. We were fulfilling our mandate to inform and educate in a different way. We wanted to be another kind of talk show. People got a chance to join in a conversation, and their positions on an issue were respected, even when we had to get firm on contributions with the potential to be libelous or defaming. We got the newsmakers to trust us by sharing the real stories behind the headlines. We tried to ask the questions to which you, the public, needed answers... And I think we did an okay job at all that.

Disbelief: because it was so very sudden. We had no idea this was coming. We thought everything was fine, given that the show was holding its own.

Shock: because our family has been ripped apart. We spent over 3 amazing and wonderful years together, building this fantastic product from the ground up. Investing time, energy, blood, sweat and tears blood. Through thick and thin, and sometimes really terrible colds and flus, we laboured to make this the morning show people LOVED waking up to; the show that set the agenda for everyone's day -- whether you were a businessman, office clerk, newshound or student. You cannot build something like this without becoming a family, and learning to love each other as though you were really related by blood.

Working with Fazeer has been an amazing journey. I consider teaming up with him for FIRST UP to be the best period in my 20 year media career, thus far. Yes, I miss him.

I want to thank each and every one who helped make our show the success it became. All of you who tuned in day after day, week after week, month after month, and year after year. To everyone who sent in texts, posts, emails and ran up their phone bills calling the show -- THANK YOU! It was your love and whole hearted participation which made it possible for us to move from the tiny radio studio to the big, swanky television set we now occupy. We will never forget that you made us possible; you made us work; and you made us succeed. THANK YOU!

Sincerely,

Jessie-May

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »
True trini, where did she share this??!!  Wow!!  I heard the guy on the Morning Edition now (Felipe Nogeria I think) said he was standing by Fazeer....nice that his fellow media collegues are coming out in support.

Andy Johnson should feel like an ass in that seat....well I would if I were him, but I have a conscience.....and nobody eh watching First Up no more.....well not me anyway.....never liked CNMG to begin with......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

truetrini

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2010, 11:04:06 PM »
Facebook

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2010, 12:59:08 AM »
Like all of you who are fans of FIRST UP, I am hurting too. I understand your confusion, disbelief and shock.

Confusion: because we had a really good thing going with FIRST UP. We were fulfilling our mandate to inform and educate in a different way. We wanted to be another kind of talk show. People got a chance to join in a conversation, and their positions on an issue were respected, even when we had to get firm on contributions with the potential to be libelous or defaming. We got the newsmakers to trust us by sharing the real stories behind the headlines. We tried to ask the questions to which you, the public, needed answers... And I think we did an okay job at all that.

Disbelief: because it was so very sudden. We had no idea this was coming. We thought everything was fine, given that the show was holding its own.

Shock: because our family has been ripped apart. We spent over 3 amazing and wonderful years together, building this fantastic product from the ground up. Investing time, energy, blood, sweat and tears blood. Through thick and thin, and sometimes really terrible colds and flus, we laboured to make this the morning show people LOVED waking up to; the show that set the agenda for everyone's day -- whether you were a businessman, office clerk, newshound or student. You cannot build something like this without becoming a family, and learning to love each other as though you were really related by blood.

Working with Fazeer has been an amazing journey. I consider teaming up with him for FIRST UP to be the best period in my 20 year media career, thus far. Yes, I miss him.

I want to thank each and every one who helped make our show the success it became. All of you who tuned in day after day, week after week, month after month, and year after year. To everyone who sent in texts, posts, emails and ran up their phone bills calling the show -- THANK YOU! It was your love and whole hearted participation which made it possible for us to move from the tiny radio studio to the big, swanky television set we now occupy. We will never forget that you made us possible; you made us work; and you made us succeed. THANK YOU!

Sincerely,

Jessie-May

IS we time now!  :devil:

truetrini

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2010, 08:53:37 AM »
'Explanation not good enough'

Story Created: Nov 9, 2010 at 11:54 PM ECT

Story Updated: Nov 9, 2010 at 11:54 PM ECT

VETERAN journalist Sunity Maharaj says she does not buy CNMG's explanation that Fazeer Mohammed was a victim of cost-cutting.

"Certainly, no CEO worth his/her salt would fire a popular current affairs broadcaster who provided a competitive advantage in the crowded morning-show market," she said in a statement to the Express yesterday.

"What we are seeing is the direct consequence of the confusion that has arisen as a result of the Prime Minister's decision to pull all State-owned media resources into her portfolio."

Maharaj said Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar's lack of clarity on the difference between CNMG as a State enterprise operating in the broadcast media sector, and GISL as the information arm of the Government, has created a situation where CNMG and GISL, despite being separate legal entities with completely different mandates, have been effectively, if not legally, merged.

"The evidence of this is the ease with which the interim CEO of CNMG (Ken Ali) has assumed the role of government information employee in travelling with the PM to New York, while the CEO of GISL (Andy Johnson) is seconded to CNMG as a talk show host," she said.

The one positive thing about this moment, though, "is that it gives the people of Trinidad and Tobago a powerful opportunity to discuss and debate the future of the national resource that we own in CNMG, as a state-of-the-art broadcast entity", she added.

"I therefore encourage all interests, especially those in the creative sector—including independent producers, media practitioners, educators, cultural activists and entities and civil society groups—to engage this debate in determining the future of CNMG."

truetrini

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2010, 08:58:52 AM »
Muslims shout discrimination

Story Created: Nov 9, 2010 at 11:54 PM ECT

Story Updated: Nov 10, 2010 at 10:50 PM ECT

MEMBERS of the Muslim community have taken umbrage with the controversial firing of talk-show host Fazeer Mohammed, saying this was an act of discrimination against Islam.

In a statement to the media yesterday, foreign-used vehicle importer/ broadcaster and owner of the Islamic Broadcasting Network (IBN), Inshan Ishmael, said since May 24 he has been seeing signs of discrimination, but the "the icing on the cake came with the dismissal" of Mohammed from the Caribbean New Media Group (CNMG) early morning programme First Up after being told that the company is cutting cost.

"During the tenure of the PNM, the level of discrimination was unprecedented, we saw this especially against the Hindu community. With the lead of Sat Maharaj and others, issues reached as far as the Privy Council. Even though it is wrong one can understand why the Government opposed Sat because he supported the opposition," Ishmael said.

"What is different with our case is that the majority of Muslims are supporters of the People's Partnership and we are being discriminated against. That is frightening."

Ishmael said since May 24 he has written to the Prime Minister on four different occasions on issues of religious discrimination. The first issue, he said, had to deal with the issue of state-board appointments, where few Muslims were selected. Additionally, he said the Prime Minister refused to visit any functions during the Ramadhan period "even though an invitation was given and confirmed". He claimed too that he was told the Prime Minister did not "step out to any community event on Eid day because she was too tired".

Imam of the Nur-E-Islam Masjid in El Soccoro, Maulana Shiraz Ali, meanwhile, said Mohammed was right to say that in Islam women are not supposed to be in leadership positions, but if he was dismissed because of his views that was unfortunate.

"I totally find that the dismissal of Fazeer Mohammed was out of place and I personally find that it reeks of political interference. Fazeer should be immediately reinstated and management at CNMG should look at addressing this situation as soon as possible because that explanation was not clear," Ali said.

Ali said Mohammed, who occasionally attends the Nur-e-Islam Masjid, did explain himself during the interview last Thursday with Foreign Affairs Minister Suruj Rambachan, by saying that this was not an Islamic state and his religious views did not mean he was opposed to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar being in a position of leadership.

Ali said too, that Muslims throughout Trinidad and Tobago have fully endorsed Persad-Bissessar as Prime Minister and did so during the election campaign and afterwards. However, he said he found "it very strange that Muslims are not properly represented in the Government and in State boards".

"I know they have been doing a lot and people might need to be a bit more tolerant of the whole thing, but I find it a bit alarming that there is not a proportional representation of Muslims on the State boards. However, I know there are more boards to come so I guess we will have to wait and see," he said.

Minister of Science, Technology and Tertiary, Fazal Karim, however, defended his party. He said the Government has been all-inclusive in everything it does and pointed out that he met Ishmael and many other Muslims at an Eid dinner hosted by the Prime Minister at the Diplomatic Centre in September.

"I will categorically deny that there is any discrimination taking place. I am a Muslim, are you aware of that? Nizam Baksh is a Muslim, Nela Khan is a Muslim, so how could anybody say that Muslims are not represented?" he said.

On the issue of State board appointments, Karim said there were "still boards to come", besides that "there were very many Muslims on the State boards now".

Karim also pointed out that under the leadership of Persad-Bissessar, the Government arranged for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to send two of its diplomatic officers to Trinidad and Tobago in order to issue the pilgrimage (Hajj) visas this year. —AA

1]; } ?>