April 17, 2024, 10:22:21 PM

Author Topic: FAZEER FIRED/ PP VERSION DOWNSIZED  (Read 15097 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FAZEER FIRED/ PP VERSION DOWNSIZED
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 10:01:13 PM »
Changing CEOs and boards are natural , we expect that. This action against a journalist is clear abuse of power and the move to replace him with a government stooge is a communist style attack on journalistic freedom.  UNC 1 was Julian Rogers and Ken Gordon , UNC 2 is Fazeer Mohammed. I wonder who's next.

I wouldn't be surprised if dubious opinions emerge besmirching  Fazeer as a misogynistic, islamic fundamentalist incapable on unbiased commentary .

There was a term used to describe Patrick Manning and his administration. Oh yes, 'creeping dictatorship'. At this rate I think I prefer Manning's dictatorship to Kamla's democracy.

A dictator do not call early elections. Bigheaded and had tunnel vision. D man had a vision and he was bend on carryin it out who vex vex.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 10:11:25 PM »
drop by drop filleth the cup
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

truetrini

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 10:55:04 PM »
Mohammed pulled from Channel Six talk show
Rhonda Krystal Rambally
Published: 9 Nov 2010
 http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2010/11/09/mohammed-pulled-channel-six-talk-show

Fazeer Mohammed
Rhonda Krystal Rambally
Sacked co–host of the morning talkshow — First Up — Fazeer Mohammed says the show is now open to political interference.
Comments posted on social networking site Facebook, where C News and First Up each has a page, indicated that Mohammed had been fired following an interview on last Thursday’s show with Foreign Affairs Minister Dr Suruj Rambachan over Prime Minister Kamla Persad–Bissessar’s statements about providing aid to Caribbean countries affected by Hurricane Tomas.

First Up is aired simultaneously on Channel Six and Talk City 91.1 FM by state-owned Caribbean New Media Group (CNMG) and has been hosted by Mohammed and Jessie May Ventour since June 2007. Contacted yesterday, Mohammed said he hadn’t been fired but was “taken off the programme.” Mohammed, who is a long–standing journalist, said he was disappointed by the decision. He is awaiting official word from interim chief executive officer Ken Ali about his status. He said: “I was called in on Saturday to a meeting with the human resources manager Christine Johnson and was advised that the company had to undergo cost cutting measures and Andy Johnson would replace me.

“It was explained that Andy will not be of an additional cost and Government would be seconding his services from GISL.” During Thursday’s interview Mohammed had asked Rambachan whether Persad–Bissessar’s statements were diplomatic. Rambachan, however, directed a question to Mohammed and there was an exchange of comments about Mohammed’s religious views. Mohammed said his replacement had nothing to do with what occurred on the show. He said: “I have not been dismissed. I was also offered other options which were not acceptable to me. It is disappointing to be off the show.”

He said he would now explore his options since the media had opened up. Mohammed added the programme’s popularity had grown over the years because he and Ventour were seen as “direct, unbiased, straightforward and respected.” While he said he had utmost respect for Johnson who has been heading Government’s Information Unit, Mohammed said: “The show’s journalistic integrity could be compromised.” Asked if the move was political, Mohammed said if the reason for pulling him off the show was to cut cost, then the evidence would show. He said it would be wrong for him to speculate otherwise.

What was said

Mohammed: “You as the Minister of Foreign Affairs, would you consider it diplomatic to say for example that Trinidad and Tobago is not an ATM card for the region or that there must be some way that our local people can benefit? Is that diplomatic language?”

Rambachan: “You can argue that from now until eternity and you might want to delve into that point... but... I want to ask you a question. Last time I was here you seemed to have some specific problem with Mrs Bissessar’s leadership. Is that so?”

Mohammed: “No I don’t have a problem with Mrs Persad–Bissessar’s leadership.” (Rambachan interrupts)

Rambachan: Philosophically, do you subscribe to women in leadership positions?”

Mohammed: “Well in... religiously no.”

Rambachan: “Religiously no?”

Mohammed: “Yeah.”

Rambachan: “So that if you’d have a Prime Minister Kamla Persad–Bissessar as the prime minister of the country, would you subscribe to a woman being the prime minister of this country?”

Mohammed: “I have no problem with that.”

Rambachan: “But you said religiously you have a problem...

Mohammed: “Religiously no but there is a difference between religion and country... I don’t know if you’re trying to paint me into...(inaudible) as far as my religious philosophy...

Rambachan: (inaudible)

Mohammed: “But Dr Rambachan you are trying to evade the point... you are trying to draw in my religious philosophy on women in leadership with the leadership of a country which is very different and I am trying to deal with the fundamental issue of the comments in relation to the situation in those islands...”

To view full interview visit http://video.ctntworld.com/view/460/first-up-online-041110/

truetrini

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 11:01:28 PM »
Express...

'COST-CUTTING': Fazeer Mohammed
Tools46 CommentsEmail this articleFacebookDiggPrint this articleFIRED
On the heels of argument about Kamla, CNMG cuts journalist Fazeer Mohammed
By Aabida Allaham

Story Created: Nov 8, 2010 at 11:45 PM ECT

(Story Updated: Nov 8, 2010 at 11:45 PM ECT )

Talk show host and cricket commentator Fazeer Mohammed is questioning the timing of his dismissal from State-owned media network Caribbean New Media Group (CNMG).

The dismissal follows an argument on the morning show First Up last Thursday with a Cabinet Minister about Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar being in a leadership position.

Mohammed said he was called by the company's human resource manager Christine John on Saturday and told that his services were no longer required.

In a telephone interview with the Express yesterday, Mohammed, who worked for CNMG since June 1, 2007, said he was told by the company representative that "it was a cost-cutting measure".

However, Mohammed questioned the timing of the dismissal considering that one day before he was viewed as someone who had a problem with the Prime Minister by Foreign Affairs Minister Suruj Rambachan during the televised morning radio programme.

"He prompted the line of questioning and I felt it was my right to explain myself," Mohammed said.

In fact, according to a transcript of that interview, Mohammed is recorded as asking Rambachan in his capacity as Foreign Affairs Minister if he felt that the Prime Minister's statement about Trinidad and Tobago not being an ATM card for the region or no aid unless it redounded in benefits to this country was said in a diplomatic way.

At that point Rambachan replied: "You can argue that from now until eternity...but I want to ask you a question, last time I was here, you seem to have some specific problem with Mrs Bissessar's leadership, is that so?"

Mohammed: "No, I have no problem with Kamla Persad-Bissessar's leadership".

Rambachan: "Philosophically, do you subscribe to women in leadership positions?"

Mohammed: "Well, religiously, no".

Rambachan: "Well, religiously no, so if you have Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar as the Prime Minister of the country, would you subscribe to a woman being a Prime Minister of this country?"

Mohammed: "I have no problem with that".

Rambachan: "Well you said religiously you have a problem".

Mohammed: "Religiously no, but there is a difference between religion and country. I don't know if you are trying to paint me in a corner as far as my religious philosophy but the point is".

Rambachan: "Going back to the ATM".

Mohammed: "Dr Rambachan you are trying to evade the point. You are trying to draw in religious views".

Rambachan: "She never said that".

Mohammed: "Wait, let me finish, you are trying to draw in my religious philosophy on women in leadership with the leadership of the country which is very different and I am trying to deal with the fundamental issue of the comments in relation to the situation in those islands and that's why I draw the comments of being diplomatic. I have no problem with the issue of your questioning, but I don't see the connection, if it is my religious philosophy says a woman should not be in religious leadership that it automatically presumes that I am against a woman in leadership of any country".

An on-line report of Mohammed's statement prompted a firestorm of criticism with many commentators targeting the talk show host religious beliefs. Other bloggers praised his persistence and fearless journalistic skills.

Speaking yesterday, Mohammed said he doesn't know if that line of question and answer was what prompted his sudden dismissal, but he said he was never aware of any cost cutting exercise taking place at the company.

"When I asked if there was any other way I could be incorporated, I was told to wait until interim chief executive officer, Ken Ali returns (to the country) on Thursday and to call back on Friday," he said.

When the Express contacted Ali, who was en route to the United States with the Prime Minister yesterday, he maintained that Mohammed was dismissed because the company is cutting cost.

He said it had nothing to do with the interview involving Rambachan or the insinuation that Mohammed disliked the Prime Minster because she was a woman or Mohammed's religious views which says that women should not hold "religious leadership positions".

"I have a mandate to make CNMG more cost efficient and that is what I am doing," Ali said.

A former editor at the Guardian, Ali said he was "cutting" consultants, freelancers and anything else that was not sustainable since the company has been operating at a loss for the last couple of years.

When asked who else had been sent home due to the exercise, Ali could not say.

"We are reviewing costs, we are reviewing the operations...and this only started a few days ago after I formally joined the company on October 31," he said.

Ali also pointed out that in the process of cutting cost, they were seeking to bring in professionals who could change the image of CNMG thereby increasing advertising and revenue.

"That's why I brought in Andy Johnson to the show because he has a track record. He brought his previous show (TV6 Morning Edition) to the number one show and I believe that he can do it with (First Up)," he said.

When contacted, Johnson, the chief executive officer of Government Information Services Ltd, said he "was asked" to host the show until a replacement was found.

"I got a call from someone, and they asked me to host the show until a replacement was found and I said I'd do it," he said.

SO if they getting a replacement how is dat cutting costs?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 05:35:29 AM »
Ali also pointed out that in the process of cutting cost, they were seeking to bring in professionals who could change the image of CNMG thereby increasing advertising and revenue.

They want to increase revenues but they take off one of their more popular talk show hosts??   What kinda business model is that??
??? ???  :-\

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 06:56:34 AM »

They want to increase revenues but they take off one of their more popular talk show hosts??   What kinda business model is that??

NOW Hear that Fazeer will be interviewed on Marcia and Sherma show on power 102 this morning.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 08:59:33 AM »

Interesting discussing taking place on Power 102.....

NOW Hear that Fazeer will be interviewed on Marcia and Sherma show on power 102 this morning.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 09:01:26 AM »
Very interesting.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 10:02:53 AM »
i not watching that show anymore fazeer was the only reason i use to give it some of my morning time, now he gone, bye bye.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2010, 10:23:06 AM »

Jackeconomics. U destroy anyting dat wukin.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 08:21:22 PM »
why politicians like to take we for fools?

cost cutting  ???

steups
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2010, 09:18:45 PM »
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:47:59 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2010, 10:00:27 PM »

palance allyuh self nah!

serious question: was this trip even necessary?
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2010, 10:15:29 PM »

palance allyuh self nah!

serious question: was this trip even necessary?

Yes. It was.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2010, 10:27:33 PM »
Yes. It was.

It always is.  Wait, I losing count... how many trips to forrin' is this in de 7 mos now?

Apparently de "cost cutting" doh apply to de pappyshow foreign junkets.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2010, 11:11:38 PM »
So alluh Prime Minister now vying for awards with the likes of Fergie from the Black Eye Peas and losing at that.. Well yes we reach, No I lie we have risen..!!!

Kamla at least bring home the award nah...Gone so far to lose..Steups.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 06:42:39 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/MUSLIMS_ANGRY_WITH_PM__SURUJ-107010638.html

THE firing of talk show host Fazeer Mohammed has angered the Muslim community, forcing them to break their silence over what they claimed were months of discrimination against them by the People's Partnership Government.

An emergency meeting was convened last night at the Islamic centre in Kelly Village, where around 50 representatives from various Islamic groups throughout the country were in attendance.

The meeting was chaired by Imtiaz Mohammed, president of the Islamic Guild of the Caribbean and South America and chairman of Trinidad and Tobago Muslim community.

Mohammed, on behalf of his Muslim peers, condemned the removal of Mohammed (F) from the programme First Up, which is broadcasted on State-owned CNMG. He added that, should their calls fall on deaf ears, the Muslim community will demonstrate later this week when Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar returns from the United States.

"I condemn the action taken by CNMG and its executive. I condemn the action of the Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr Suruj Rambachan, in the way he conducted himself in his line of questioning with Fazeer. It was irrelevant and had nothing to do with the substance of the interview," Mohammed (I) said.

Mohammed (F) was fired from CNMG on Saturday in what CEO Ken Ali has said was a cost-cutting measure. However, the dismissal followed an argument with Foreign Affairs Minister Rambachan about Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar being in a leadership position, on the First Up programme last Thursday.

Yesterday, Minister of State in the Office of the Prime Minister Collin Partap, Line Minister responsible for CNMG, disassociated himself from the sacking.

Fazeer Mohammed himself has also indicated that Rambachan had a vendetta against him prior to last Thursday's programme. • See Pages 4, 5 and 8

Last evening, Mohammed (I) said the Muslim community had endorsed the People's Partnership Government at a function at the Rienzi Complex before the May 24 general election, and they left that meeting with the impression members of the Muslim community would be given an equal chance to serve in the Senate as well as State boards.

He said recently the Islamic Association celebrated its 50th anniversary, but he was unsuccessful in inviting Persad-Bissessar to the event although he tried several times.

"As a Muslim, the disappointment keeps coming all the time. This issue came as the final straw that broke the camel's back," Mohammed said.

He called for an apology to be made to Mohammed (F) and for him to be reinstated in his position.

Mohammed (F), who was present at the meeting, said a decision has already been taken, but said he would first like to hear from the Government before he can make any decision.

"Clearly there is a lot of disquiet (in the Muslim community) from the comments that have been made," he said, adding that he would not want to speculate on the issue.

He said he was advised to not be the "sacrificial lamb" in a row between Muslims and Hindus. He stressed, however, that fundamental concerns were raised by his Muslim brothers that he could not ignore.

He said it would be a dereliction of duty as a Muslim and a citizen if he were to be concerned only with getting back his job.

Mahohar Ali, of Freeport, told the audience the entire episode seemed pre-planned.

"It opens up the possibility that Dr Rambachan came with an agenda," he said, adding that he believed Mohammed's firing was intentional.

Haseed Aziz added that the entire Muslim community will stand behind each other with respect to any decision that is taken.

"The whole country is upset and is rallying around whatever decision is to be taken and we will support Fazeer," he said.

Kayam Dean said he was concerned over the democracy of CNMG.

"When I see a Minister come into a State-run television station which belongs to all of us and dictates how the programme should be run, I see it as a great threat to the democracy of Trinidad and Tobago," he said.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2010, 07:24:20 AM »
Yes. It was.

It always is.  Wait, I losing count... how many trips to forrin' is this in de 7 mos now?

Wait nah!

According to this article on November 7th.....She fly out to do this:
Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar flies out to the United States today, where she is expected to hold a high-level meeting with United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Finance Minister Winston Dookeran will act as Prime Minister during Persad-Bissessar's official three-day visit to the US.

While in the US, Persad-Bissessar will deliver a special lecture at Harvard University and also receive the 2010 Women of the Year award from the US-based Glamour magazine.

Buh according to this and specifically this dated 9th November....Hilary in Australia. So when did they meet...or going to meet?

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2010, 07:34:06 AM »
Yes. It was.

Unfair criticism.... Yuh stanting tuh sound like them republicans complaining about Obama and how the taking too many vacations and unnecessary foreign trips.  Let the PM do what she feel is best.  If at the end of the term people deem that she eh good enough vote she out but I think people nitpicking too much.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2010, 08:11:24 AM »
Yes. It was.

Wait nah!

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar flies out to the United States today, where she is expected to hold a high-level meeting with United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Finance Minister Winston Dookeran will act as Prime Minister during Persad-Bissessar's official three-day visit to the US.

While in the US, Persad-Bissessar will deliver a special lecture at Harvard University and also receive the 2010 Women of the Year award from the US-based Glamour magazine.

Buh according to this and specifically this dated 9th November....Hilary in Australia. So when did they meet...or going to meet?

U know how thet say it had more than 1 Fidel well d same applies to Hilary. So is in Australia and 1 meeting wit Kamla.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2010, 08:20:47 AM »
Yes. It was.

Wait nah!

U know how thet say it had more than 1 Fidel well d same applies to Hilary. So is in Australia and 1 meeting wit Kamla.

Hadda be dat oui! Cuz according to this

Hillary Clinton wraps up 7-nation Asia-Pacific tour
English.news.cn   2010-11-08 21:53:17    FeedbackPrintRSS

by Gao Li

HONG KONG, Nov. 8 (Xinhua) -- United States Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton flew out of Australia on Monday, wrapping up her seven-stop tour to the Asia-Pacific region.

The tour, built around the East Asia Summit (EAS) in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, was widely believed as an effort of the United States to engage in Asia and enhance its influence in the region. The visit underscores U.S. administration's emphasis on Asia on issues of strategic, political and economic aspects.

Australia is the final leg of Clinton's tour to the region, which also took her to Vietnam, China, Cambodia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand.

JOINING EAS AS CHANCE OF GREATER INFLUENCE IN ASIA-PACIFIC

Clinton traveled to Hanoi on Oct. 29 from Hawaii to start her trip to the Asia-Pacific region. She was present at the East Asia Summit as a special representative of U.S. President Barack Obama.

The EAS is a forum for dialogue on strategic, political and economic issues among the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) as well as Australia, China, India, Japan, South Korea and New Zealand.

The United States and Russia will become formal members of the EAS next year. The U.S. membership is seen as part of its strategy to reinforce its influence in the region.

On the sidelines of the summit, Clinton held talks with leaders of U.S. allies such as Japan and South Korea, as well as officials from other regional nations including ASEAN members and China.

In her meeting with Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi, she said her country would like to make joint efforts with China to boost their high-level exchanges and bilateral cooperation in various fields.

Yang said with joint efforts, the Sino-U.S. relations had kept an overall stable momentum for development. However, he reaffirmed China's sovereignty over the Diaoyu Islands and urged the United States to act cautiously regarding the highly sensitive issue, respect China's sovereignty and territorial integration.

Unless we probably have it wrong side and dey up dey waiting on Hilary to come back and then meeting with her one time.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2010, 08:24:07 AM »
Yes. It was.

Wait nah!

Hadda be dat oui! Cuz according to this

Hillary Clinton wraps up 7-nation Asia-Pacific tour
English.news.cn   2010-11-08 21:53:17    FeedbackPrintRSS

by Gao Li

HONG KONG, Nov. 8 (Xinhua) -- United States Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton flew out of Australia on Monday, wrapping up her seven-stop tour to the Asia-Pacific region.

The tour, built around the East Asia Summit (EAS) in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, was widely believed as an effort of the United States to engage in Asia and enhance its influence in the region. The visit underscores U.S. administration's emphasis on Asia on issues of strategic, political and economic aspects.

Australia is the final leg of Clinton's tour to the region, which also took her to Vietnam, China, Cambodia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand.

JOINING EAS AS CHANCE OF GREATER INFLUENCE IN ASIA-PACIFIC

Clinton traveled to Hanoi on Oct. 29 from Hawaii to start her trip to the Asia-Pacific region. She was present at the East Asia Summit as a special representative of U.S. President Barack Obama.

The EAS is a forum for dialogue on strategic, political and economic issues among the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) as well as Australia, China, India, Japan, South Korea and New Zealand.

The United States and Russia will become formal members of the EAS next year. The U.S. membership is seen as part of its strategy to reinforce its influence in the region.

On the sidelines of the summit, Clinton held talks with leaders of U.S. allies such as Japan and South Korea, as well as officials from other regional nations including ASEAN members and China.

In her meeting with Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi, she said her country would like to make joint efforts with China to boost their high-level exchanges and bilateral cooperation in various fields.

Yang said with joint efforts, the Sino-U.S. relations had kept an overall stable momentum for development. However, he reaffirmed China's sovereignty over the Diaoyu Islands and urged the United States to act cautiously regarding the highly sensitive issue, respect China's sovereignty and territorial integration.

Unless we probably have it wrong side and dey up dey waiting on Hilary to come back and then meeting with her one time.

WE WILL C.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2010, 09:30:17 AM »
All yuh nitpicking..... ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2010, 09:42:07 AM »
Political scientist speaks on dismissal of journalist

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/b-au70KMxYY&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/b-au70KMxYY&amp;</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2010, 09:47:51 AM »

jeezanages of course is nitpicking...do proper research before criticizing....simple

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/appt/2010/11/150726.htm
Public Schedule for November 10, 2010

Washington, DC
November 10, 2010

SECRETARY OF STATE HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON
5:00 p.m.  Secretary Clinton meets with Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago Kamala Persad-Bissessar, at the Department of State.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2010, 10:35:08 AM »

jeezanages of course is nitpicking...do proper research before criticizing....simple

Washington, DC
November 10, 2010

5:00 p.m.  Secretary Clinton meets with Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago Kamala Persad-Bissessar, at the Department of State.

Forgive me.  But when faced with a government that offloading BS by the piles everyday, yuh tend to become a cynic....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »

Washington, DC
November 10, 2010

Forgive me.  But when faced with a government that offloading BS by the piles everyday, yuh tend to become a cynic....

So i guess you've been a cynic for what.....  like that last 10-15 years?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »

Washington, DC
November 10, 2010

So i guess you've been a cynic for what.....  like that last 10-15 years?

Yep.....ah skeptical ah all dem politicians.  And dis bunch only making it worse...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2010, 02:33:21 PM »
Unfair criticism.... Yuh stanting tuh sound like them republicans complaining about Obama and how the taking too many vacations and unnecessary foreign trips.  Let the PM do what she feel is best.  If at the end of the term people deem that she eh good enough vote she out but I think people nitpicking too much.

Wait... so is only dis new government is de victim of "unfair criticism"? 

Additionally, your comparison to the criticism of Obama is nonsensical.  Ever since Obama won the election two years ago he's been knee and elbow deep in running this country and in trying to find a solution to the economic problems plagueing it.  Even before he was sworn in... before he even won election he was part of the discussions.  With Kamla it seems (thus far) like the PM chair is just a platform to gallery sheself.  Outside of the idiotic laptop policy can you name one significant policy matter that she's weighed in on?  Just one... aside from inserting her foot in her mouth twice over aid to Caribbean neighbors.

Every time you look up she's in the US, for a host of reasons, some meritorious and other just plain wasteful... like the trip with her entourage to go to Queens and thank her "supporters".  Every time she leaves there is some other "acting PM" or the other.  Even when she IS here there is very little party discipline as the inmates are climbing all over themselves in effort to run the PP asylum.  How about she focuses on governance at home and in corralling her increasingly out of control subordinates??  Rambachan is just the latest in a line of neophytes who seem to relish the turn in the spotlight to let everybody know that they are in charge now.

I sure Manning did what HE felt was best, but that didn't stop him from being criticized at every turn.  I not here to hold no brief for Manning, he get what he look for ... but at the same time if it good for the goose, it damn well will be good for the gander.

1]; } ?>