March 28, 2024, 10:28:23 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Grenada Game (28-Nov-2010)  (Read 45336 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Grenada Game (28-Nov-2010)
« on: November 09, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Grenada (16:00) game on the 28th of November 2010 in Martinique at the Stade Dillon Stadium will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

1. Chat Room.

Possible Online Streams.
CNC 3.

Possible TV Station.
Fox Soccer Plus

T&T Team:

Goalkeepers
Jan-Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillip (Joe Public).

Defenders
Kern Cupid (W Connection), Yohance Marshall (LA Galaxy), Julius James (DC United), Daneil Cyrus (Caledonia AIA), Joevin Jones (W Connection), Anthony Wolfe (DirecTV North East Stars).

Midfielders
Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Lester Peltier (Ma Pau), Kevin Molino (Ma Pau), Clyde Leon (W Connection), Trent Noel (Joe Public), Keon Daniel (Puerto Rico Islanders), Kendall Jagdeosingh (Puerto Rico Islanders), Hughtun Hector (W Connection).

Forwards
Devon Jorsling (Defence Force), Jamal Gay (Unknown), Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Cornell Glen (San Jose Earthquakes).

Coach: - Russell Latapy - (T&T).

Grenada Team From:

Goalkeepers:
1.Andre Baptiste (Harrow Borough/ENG), 30.Desmond Noel (Q.P.R.)

Defenders:
2.Shannon Phillip (Hurricane), 4.Curt Rennie (Unattached), 5.Cassim Langaigne (Hurricane), 6.Marc Marshall (G.B.S.S.), 15.Rimmel Daniel (Gillingham/ENG), 19.Patrick Modeste (Q.P.R.), 3.Michael Mark (E.S.S.).

Midfielders:
10.Keithson Bain (Unattached), 11.Anthony Modeste (Portmore United/JAM) - (capt), 20.Shane Rennie (Paradise), 16.Ian Perrotte (Unattached), 21.Lashley Cyrus (Unattached), 12.Denron Daniel (Hard Rock).

Forwards:
18.Henson Cuffie (Fontenoy United), 7.Kyle Joseph (Hurricane), 8.Delroy Facey (Lincoln City/ENG), 14.Marcus Julien (E.S.S.), 9.Ricky Charles (Q.P.R.).

Coach: - Franklyn Simpson (Grenada) - Tommy Taylor (Manager/ENG).

PREAMBLE:

A. The 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup is an official event of the Caribbean Football Union (hereafter referred to as CFU).

B. The 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup serves as a qualifying event for the CONCACAF Gold Cup Tournament.

C. This competition is played in a Preliminary Phase and a Final Phase.

D. Any rights that these regulations do not cede to a National Association shall belong to the CFU.

I. TITLE – THE DIGICEL CARIBBEAN CUP

A. The Digicel Caribbean Cup shall take place every two years. National Associations affiliated to the CFU are invited to participate with their Senior National teams.

II. ENTRIES

A. All National Senior Men’s teams of CFU members have the right to participate in the Digicel Caribbean Cup.

B. The competition will serve to qualify four (4) CFU members for places in the CONCACAF Gold Cup (which will be contested in the USA next June 2011), these being the four (4) semi-finalists, and shall end, except if circumstances do not permit, at least six (6) months prior to the CONCACAF Tournament.

Prizes

1st Place: - US $120,000
2nd Place: - US $70,000
3rd Place: - US $50,000
4th Place: - US $30,000

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 12:04:34 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Grenada Game (30-Nov-2010)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 11:18:03 AM »
Thats the same Grenada squad from the last round, are you sure its going to be the same one in the final round?  I doubt it will be the same.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 11:21:12 AM »
Thats the same Grenada squad from the last round, are you sure its going to be the same one in the final round?  I doubt it will be the same.

Not sure, but as we get updates I will correct it.

Who is the current coach ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 11:30:51 AM »
Shalrie not playing?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 11:31:44 AM »
What about Jason Roberts ?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 12:06:56 PM »
Is the date correct?  Games on the 29th and 30th?

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 12:54:04 PM »
Not sure, but as we get updates I will correct it.

Who is the current coach ?
Franklyn Simpson, also known as Nat Simpson

What about Jason Roberts ?
He has retired from international football and didn't even play in the Gold Cup last year.  They thought they may be able to get him back for the final round at the time of the last round, but since then he has broken in to the Blackburn team and scored last weekend so I'd say it is doubtful.

Shalrie not playing?
He didn't play in the previous round because maybe his MLS team were in the playoffs or still in season, if he's not hurt he will probably play this round.

Just another note, the players listed there as Q.P.R. players play for QPR in Grenada.  Antigua and Barbuda have two players who actually play for QPR in England.  Rimmel Daniel is listed as playing for Gillingham but was released over a year ago.  I'm not sure they'll have Delroy Facey (who was actually eligible for Trinidad as well as Jamaica) as his new club manager wasn't happy when he returned from the last round.  He is a big presence and has played in the Premier League.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 12:58:23 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 07:40:48 PM »
July 2010 - Grenada international striker Delroy Facey has agreed a one-year deal to rejoin Lincoln City after his release by Notts County. The 30-year-old had a spell on-loan with the Imps last season, scoring one goal in ten appearances.

Also - Notts striker arrested

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 08:39:13 PM »
I will not settle for anything less than a win

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 08:40:04 PM »

now we talking  :salute:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 09:04:06 PM »
ah see Gwada put down ah wuk on the Grenada team the odda day...it was ugly. They ent have no chance against TnT.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 09:14:48 PM »
ah see Gwada put down ah wuk on the Grenada team the odda day...it was ugly. They ent have no chance against TnT.
Three of Grenada's key players were out that game and a fourth came on as a sub and some people suspect that Grenada threw the match to stay out of Jamaica's group (I don't believe that is the case).  Don't forget Grenada beat T&T in the last tournament even after missing a penalty and were at that point coached by their captain.  They have basically the same team now as they had them except they may have Shalrie Joseph and Delroy Facey this time.  Their performances are generally as enigmatic as T&T's though.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:38:07 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »
Ah glad to see that that great Trinidadian club Unattached United has opened a feeder club in our neighboring island.

That kind of West Indian cooperation warms the cockles of my heart...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 01:49:37 AM »
Fu#k Grenada... play de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 02:21:56 AM »
Fu#k Grenada... play de fitball
we should want to play them so we could beat them up for beating we last time..........but that is my mother country so take it easy on them Big Mag  ;D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Grenada Game (28-Nov-2010)
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 08:25:42 PM »
Delroy Facey: International duty in Grenada was not a three-week 'jolly'
Lincolnshire Echo

Delroy Facey has denied his international break was a three-week "jolly" and hopes his goalscoring exploits overseas could ignite his season.

The Lincoln City striker recently returned from duty with Grenada where he helped the "Spice Boyz" qualify for the Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals later this month.

Facey scored twice in a 2-0 win over St Kitts and Nevis and also lent a helping hand in the 3-1 victory against Puerto Rico, but could not stop a 3-0 Group E defeat to Guadeloupe.

But his break away irked new boss Steve Tilson who admitted "nearly three weeks away" was too long an absence while the Imps were fighting a relegation battle.

Facey stressed he did not return home late and is eager to transfer his form on the international stage to League Two, where he is yet to score a goal this season.

"I can assure you this was no three-week jolly, in fact it was seriously hard work and I certainly was not back late," he said.

"The manager has not said anything about it to me, but while I was out there we trained twice a day, once at 6am in the morning, then at 4.30pm.

"Both sessions were really intense and that's not to forget, we also played three games as well, so it was definitely no period of relaxation.

"It also wasn't a case of being pleased to get away, because this was a chance to play international football and represent my country.

"But I enjoyed it, I scored some goals and I feel really fit and sharp. I'm hoping now, when given the chance, I can do the same for Lincoln."

He scored his first goal of the season against Hereford and the release of pressure from the burden of failing to hit the target is clearly noticeable.

The former Huddersfield striker has a spring in his step and his goal was the ideal boost before he jets off for international duty with Grenada on Wednesday morning.

"You don't know how good it was to see the ball ripple in the back of the net at the weekend," he said.

"It was a massive burden lifted off my shoulders because as a striker you are always judged on goals.

"Naturally, it was playing on my mind, but I can forget about it now.

"Once you grab the first goal, then usually more will follow.

"Hopefully that will set me up for tonight and when I go away with Grenada for the Caribbean Cup.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 08:15:35 AM »
Craig Rocastle to play for Grenada, a next player T&T overlooked.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 06:11:43 PM »
Anything less than a decisive 'cut arse' will not restore faith or illusions of winning the Caribbean Cup!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 06:25:38 PM »
Anything less than a decisive 'cut arse' will not restore faith or illusions of winning the Caribbean Cup!!!

All yuh like 2 walk b4 all yuh creep my GOAL and continues 2 b my goal is 2 qualify for d GC. Right know it eh even gold it like bronze.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 06:31:40 PM »

All yuh like 2 walk b4 all yuh creep my GOAL and continues 2 b my goal is 2 qualify for d GC. Right know it eh even gold it like bronze.

HA!AHAHA!   :beermug:
Youtube Channel

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 06:48:25 PM »

HA!AHAHA!   :beermug:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is like breaking b4 yuh see the hole. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 01:31:38 AM »
Craig Rocastle to play for Grenada, a next player T&T overlooked.
He wasn't eligible for T&T as it was only his grandparent who was from T&T.  He said he was in talks with a few teams in the Caribbean and couldn't say who to play for in the Cup and said his friend was one of the managers and I'd guess that would be Latas (Rocastle played at Hibs a few years after Latas).

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 03:43:56 AM »
I hope that this is a 'one off' as we are usually in the practice of making things harder than they really are,Cuba is not a big deal as their qualification showed,they conceded many goals and couldn't beat Antigua.I am not making any excuses for RL coz I dont think he is good enough to be TTs coach,he has done quite a few things that makes you wonder but we should still qualify and get to the finals,on paper the only teams that can win the tournament are TT,Jamaica and Martinique.We have now smelt the coffee and understand that a much improved performance is required in the next 2 matches,beat Grenada and Martinique...we are much better than both.Whatever happens after this Digicel championship we must get a better and more experienced coach to work with RL who should be second in charge,he is just not good enough for the top spot.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 06:54:31 AM »
Ok T&T, today is a new day. We lorse the fuss one, but no horrors, we just have to come out and win the next two starting with a good practice today... Come on fellas :praying: we can do better than this!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 07:39:12 AM »
send home jamal bring in spann.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 09:42:59 AM »
send home jamal bring in spann.

Yohance injured , so spann might comback , maybe
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 09:48:02 AM »

first game aint work out.  :-\
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 12:31:26 PM »
I wonder if CNC will f**k this up again?

placing bets... we getting from fatboy Sant " and you can see the game delayed at 8pm" ...

8pm on Sunday..."we f**ked up..again"

Bring my game live at 4pm please and thanks

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 01:27:03 PM »
Cnc3 ticker tap msg:
"Due to problems originating from our feed in Martinique we regret that we are unable to show the Digicel Caribbean cup as advertised. We apologize for any inconvenience caused"

Lol maybe this Is a blessing in disguise to all the soca warrior masochists

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 01:31:13 PM »
Cnc3 ticker tap msg:
"Due to problems originating from our feed in Martinique we regret that we are unable to show the Digicel Caribbean cup as advertised. We apologize for any inconvenience caused"

Lol maybe this Is a blessing in disguise to all the soca warrior masochists

CO-SIGNNNNNNN SM doh mash up d computer or tv ok.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>