March 28, 2024, 11:28:51 AM

Author Topic: Carnival Center  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carnival Center
« on: November 10, 2010, 08:05:06 PM »
I 2 lazy to look for the old thread. Should it be built. I says yes. Should they scrap the old design a "bid" for a new one.

the old design.   http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=850228

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carnival Center
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 01:11:50 AM »
I don't think is legal for them to build a permanent structure in the Savannah. There was an agreement when the Savannah was being given to the people of TnT.

Well lets see how this goes.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 07:50:51 AM »
the clueless asses that running the show now will surely waste more money on a new design, rather than revisit the design that x amount of dollars was already spent on. But then.. maybe something more purposeful may come out with a new design.

would be nice for carnival to have a permanent home other than the streets of the islands. I for one looking forward to 2011 and crossing the big stage.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 08:21:25 AM »
I don't think is legal for them to build a permanent structure in the Savannah. There was an agreement when the Savannah was being given to the people of TnT.

That may be true, but the old Grand Stand was permanent as could be. It service was multi purpose. Horse racing, football, boxing, exhibitions, Carnival, concerts and cultural shows(Best Village), religeous(Benni Hinn).

My choice for the Carnival center would be down by the docks. I would move all the shipping to Pt. Lisas. Develop the wterfront and include the Carnivale  center. That area would be perfect for entertainment and business. Bring about 6 tourist ships and they walk right in the center at 100 US each. All you can eat and drink. All the noise and bachannal down by the waterfront. All the environmentalist would be happy for the savannah. I only joking. but a couple turf fields at different spots would not hurt the savannah. But it is too late now. To many people carnival is not carnival without a dance in the big yard. So the new Carnival center will be built(permanently) in the Savannah. Play Mas!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:26:10 PM by Deeks »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 02:43:58 PM »
I am for it...no issues with it

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 12:57:03 AM »

That may be true, but the old Grand Stand was permanent as could be. It service was multi purpose. Horse racing, football, boxing, exhibitions, Carnival, concerts and cultural shows(Best Village), religeous(Benni Hinn).

Wasn't the Grand Stand there from the start? I'm not sure though. No one is allowed to build any permanent structures in the Savannah. If this is done the Family wil have all rights to refute the agreement and be able to rightly take back the property. The agreement is there in the red house I believe for anyone to see after a bit of research.

This was for the protection of the country's biggest  playground.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:04:25 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 08:52:00 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen's_Park_Savannah

I ain't really sure when the Grand Stand was built. But like everything the family made an exception and allowed for the race track and Stand to be built. Looking by the the name, they probably were part of the business class who had some interest in horse racing. Maybe we should check NALIS for that info.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 09:48:14 AM »
Nice find. It says it was bought in in 1817 by the council. I was of the opinion that it was given to the people by them. I'm not sure if that info is correct.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

1]; } ?>