April 16, 2024, 04:16:32 AM

Author Topic: Pupils collapse; parents want exorcist  (Read 18816 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pupils collapse; parents want exorcist
« on: November 10, 2010, 09:16:40 PM »
hmm...dis is one story u hadda make out of it what u may...

Pupils collapse; parents want exorcist

By Carolyn Kissoon South Bureau
Story Created: Nov 10, 2010 at 10:46 PM ECT
Story Updated: Nov 10, 2010 at 10:46 PM ECT

More than two dozen secondary school pupils were being treated at hospital last night, after they collapsed in their classrooms.
And their parents are convinced that the teenagers, all girls, are possessed by demons and are pleading for an exorcist to intervene.
The pupils were taken to the San Fernando General Hospital and Princes Town District Hospital but medical experts were unable to say what caused their children to scream and then collapse. The pupils attend Moruga Secondary School.

"The children came in here, screaming. They shouting that a fireman running them down and they running around the wards. We are trying do simple tests, like blood pressure readings, and the machines are going crazy. I don't know what is happening," a nurse said.
Parents were also called into the examination rooms to assist in restraining their daughters. The pupils were being sedated, the Express was told.

An Emergency Medical Services ambulance transporting pupils to the Princes Town District Hospital stalled a short distance away. The children were then wheeled down the sidewalk and taken into the facility. Several pupils were carried in their parents' arms.
Samuel Solomon, a parent, said the pupils began acting "unusual" following a Divali celebration at the school last week Thursday.
"My daughter came home and said a pundit was brought into the school to do prayers for the celebration and since then some children were acting strange. She said some girls were dropping on the floor and beating up. And my daughter was scared," he said.

Solomon said his daughter, Bernadette Bardouille, called yesterday morning to say pupils were "behaving strange". "I told her to say her prayers and be calm. But when I called back an hour later, someone answered the phone and said she was not there. Then a school official called and said my daughter was going to the hospital," he said.

Bardouille, 16, was being treated at the San Fernando General Hospital. "She is conscious and looks good. I heard that she had to be strapped down because she was uncontrollable. The doctors are doing blood tests and sugar tests now," he said.

Solomon believes the demons were released during the Divali pooja (Hindu prayer) at the school. "I think the man (pundit) did something wrong and released bad spirits. I think the spirits are looking for souls, but I know what to do and they not getting my child," he said.
Pundit Bramdeo Maharaj, former president of the Inter-Religious Organisation, insisted that the children were not possessed by demons.

"If the pundit made an error, the Lord would not punish the children. If the pundit did something wrong, he would be punished. So to say that something went wrong in the pooja is baseless. Maybe someone brought in sweets to the function and they were not good. That needs to be investigated," he said.
Maharaj said God will not punish children for a pundit's mistake.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Pupils collapse; parents want exorcist
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:26:28 PM »
Lord exorcist? people like the jump first on the supernatural before ruling out the natural, i will comment no more.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 09:32:55 PM »
Lord exorcist? people like the jump first on the supernatural before ruling out the natural, i will comment no more.

well, d kinda stories i hear from moruga...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 09:36:32 PM »
please share i would like some scary stories before i go and sleep  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 09:46:35 PM »
aaay watch how alyuh talking about Moruga.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 11:34:23 PM »
So what is a possible medical cause for this one?

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 11:53:22 PM »

i relly aint kno wat cud be a possible medical cause na but d ting too creepy..if what the article says is true that more than two dozen were affected and that indeed was the behaviour they were getting on with and they were really sending the medical equipment wild then....

but then again when u couple trini journalism wit trinis(d eye or hear witnesses) natural talent for embellishing stuff..i dunno..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 12:11:32 AM »

i relly aint kno wat cud be a possible medical cause na but d ting too creepy..if what the article says is true that more than two dozen were affected and that indeed was the behaviour they were getting on with and they were really sending the medical equipment wild then....

but then again when u couple trini journalism wit trinis(d eye or hear witnesses) natural talent for embellishing stuff..i dunno..

Ha ha... there you go.

Doh discount mass hysteria either, especially not among this particular demographic.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 07:26:46 AM »

Ha ha... there you go.

Doh discount mass hysteria either, especially not among this particular demographic.

i now going and say this... females are particularly susceptible. I ent being sexist.. is de truth
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 07:35:58 AM »
Tony and Dale just tried to interview a Pastor who is on the school compound right now.  The man started the interview, he stated that there is a lot of demon possession at the school and before he could continue he had to cut short the interview because quite audibly in the background screaming school children could be heard.....

Ah eh goh lie....it was friggin creepy to listen to....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 07:44:33 AM »
is there any (solid) medical basis for "mass hysteria"?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 07:53:34 AM »
where pecan?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 07:56:22 AM »
Ok, ah now read the article above.  Ah really wasn't following the story until the pastor tried to talk this morning.  Lawd fadder.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 08:14:32 AM »
http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2010/11/11/panic-after-devil-attack-school
Panic broke out at the Moruga Composite School yesterday as 17 female students fell mysteriously ill and began rolling on the ground, hissing and blabbering in a strange tongue, after suffering bouts of nausea and headaches. Two of the students reportedly tried to throw themselves off a railing and had to be physically restrained, triggering fears of a possible demon attack. The drama started during the lunch hour in the Form One block and quickly spread to other areas. Form Five student Kern Mollineau, who attends the Lighthouse Tabernacle Church, said he got worried when the girls’ eyes began rolling up in their heads and they began beating up on the ground.

With the assistance of several other students and teachers, the pupils were taken to the multi-purpose hall where some of them fell into a semi-conscious state. Mollineau recalled: “One girl was blabbering as if in a strange language. I could not understand what she was saying. “It was sounding like ‘shebbaberbebeb shhhhee.’ The girls were unusually strong. We had to hold them down so that they will not hurt themselves. “The teachers were right there. I get a kick in my face when one of the girls started beating up on the floor. Many of them had bruises.” Mollineau claimed he actually communicated with the “devil which had possessed the girl. “I asked the Devil what he wanted with the girls and the voice said he wanted a life. He kept saying to send the girls in the toilet and to leave them alone,” Mollineau claimed.

Roman Catholic priests, as well as pastors from nearby churches, including Josephine Charles, Deborah Charles and Pastor Gordon, visited the school and began showering the children with holy water and prayers. Two more students, Kriston Mollineau and Kishon Bethel, said they too were called by teachers to assist the ill girls. Kriston said the girls complained of headaches and some of them wanted to go to the toilet. Six ambulances arrived at the school accompanied by police teams from the Moruga and St Mary’s Police Post. A party of fire officers from the Princes Town Fire Station, led by acting Assistant Divisional Fire Officer Ramdeo Boodoo visited the school and began conducting several tests on the surroundings to determine the cause of the problem.

Boodoo said there was nothing in the environment to trigger fainting spells, nausea and headaches. A teacher, who requested anonymity, said two weeks ago an Orisha woman came to the school and had a dispute with a member of staff. He said following the dispute, the woman threatened to deal with the school administration. Another teacher said the school was built on a burial site, but neighbours who live around the school denied that was so. A source at the school confirmed that all 17 pupils were taken to the Princes Town Health Facility where they were medically examined. The other students were sent home at 2 pm.

Responding yesterday, Minister in the Ministry of Education Clifton de Coteau said he was aware that pupils had to be taken for medical attention. De Coteau said Student Support Service officials were sent to the school and students were expected to receive counselling. A statement from the Ministry of Education said the Public Transport Service Corporation (PTSC) made maxi taxis available to the school to assist the Office for Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM) which provided additional ambulances.

Hmmm.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 08:29:14 AM »
well i really having a hard time swallowing all this eh, but i would love to see this on video , hopefully the news have it tonight.
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 08:45:26 AM »

it is a psychological phenomenon, which is more plausible than demon possession

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brain-bootcamp/201009/mass-hysteria-can-strike-anywhere-anytime

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 08:56:43 AM »
Ehy,

That is serious ting...especially since is more than one child affected. The spirit(s) strong.

Even the person to drive out the spirit has to be strong/gifted.

Doh make joke with them kinda ting.

See the vomiting/nausea/eye rolling in the head/speech and strength unbecoming of an individual...they ent in control.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:59:44 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 09:06:42 AM »
let we get more facts on the story before jumping to conclusion nah.
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 09:08:24 AM »
"If the pundit made an error, the Lord would not punish the children. If the pundit did something wrong, he would be punished. So to say that something went wrong in the pooja is baseless. Maybe someone brought in sweets to the function and they were not good. That needs to be investigated," he said.

Wha de sweets hadda do with it?

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 09:21:21 AM »

it is a psychological phenomenon, which is more plausible than demon possession

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brain-bootcamp/201009/mass-hysteria-can-strike-anywhere-anytime

But something had to trigger the hysteria.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 09:25:49 AM »

sweets are prayed upon. personally i dont deal up with the sweets..if i dont subscribe to your faith then there is no reason for me to really  consume stuff that you pray upon...thaz me...ihav rel hindu bredrin and at first they felt slighted but they understood..

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:33:14 AM by mukumsplau »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 09:36:18 AM »

sweets are prayed upon. personally i dont deal up with the sweets..if i dont subscribe to your faith then there is no reason for me to really  consume stuff that you pray upon...thaz me...ihav rel hindu bredrin and at first they felt slighted but they understood..

So from dat...yuh could infer dat de pundit saying that some malicious person brought sweets to cause mischief?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 09:39:15 AM »
Bishop Mendes dead so the next man to call is Fadda Taylor. I believe he preaching at La Lune RC these days.

Ent Elan?

But I won't doubt this story at all.

Anyhoo this part of the article had me stunned.

Solomon believes the demons were released during the Divali pooja (Hindu prayer) at the school. "I think the man (pundit) did something wrong and released bad spirits. I think the spirits are looking for souls, but I know what to do and they not getting my child," he said.
Pundit Bramdeo Maharaj, former president of the Inter-Religious Organisation, insisted that the children were not possessed by demons.

Soooooooo all the sweetie neighbor and dem bringing for we after dey divali prayers and we eating like it's juss come, how do we chupid people know what good and what's not?  Because to tell you the truth, I've never seen none of my east Indian neighbors eat dere sweets.

I"m a big sucker for Goolab Jamoon and the milky one, and ah still around cussing people and living good life. steupse!!!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:40:52 AM by TriniCana »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 09:53:54 AM »
Really??!! Dey does pray on de sweets??  Well look ting!!   :o  Every year my company does share out dem ting and nutten never happen to me....unless my sweets aren't prayed upon.... :thinking:   ::) ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 09:54:07 AM »
i now going and say this... females are particularly susceptible. I ent being sexist.. is de truth

Not just females, but young teenage girls at that...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 09:59:18 AM »
Ehy,

That is serious ting...especially since is more than one child affected. The spirit(s) strong.

Even the person to drive out the spirit has to be strong/gifted.

Doh make joke with them kinda ting.

See the vomiting/nausea/eye rolling in the head/speech and strength unbecoming of an individual...they ent in control.

See the link FF posted above...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FO9J7_wy6aQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FO9J7_wy6aQ</a>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2010, 09:59:47 AM »
I"m a big sucker for Goolab Jamoon and the milky one

I have no idea what dat mean ,, but it just sound .... :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2010, 10:20:28 AM »
Really??!! Dey does pray on de sweets??  Well look ting!!   :o  Every year my company does share out dem ting and nutten never happen to me....unless my sweets aren't prayed upon.... :thinking:   ::) ::)

:devil: u now realize that? , but greedy me i could care less.  :(
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 10:21:08 AM »
I"m a big sucker for Goolab Jamoon and the milky one

I have no idea what dat mean ,, but it just sound .... :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2010, 11:13:19 AM »
This is a real funny topic because it is easy for people to get offended.

I used to eat sweets right tru...it was only after a few co-workers told me to not eat it and I asked why and they explained the prayers thing to me.

Now my thing is...ent when you go in people house and they bless the food and say grace is the same ting.

But since then I am wary about sweets....but if I go in somebody house I will not scorn their offering.

It is also what you believe......say yuh prayers and give thanks and ask for protection...you will be safe.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>