March 29, 2024, 07:32:02 AM

Author Topic: Trapattoni to scout the USA for potential Ireland players  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trapattoni to scout the USA for potential Ireland players
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 02:30:30 PM »
I guess the Irish tapped out their Premier League prospects and have gotten desperate.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:37:21 PM »
I will respond to this with the exact post I responded when posted on an Ireland forum

Quote from: theworm2345
This better a joke.  None of these ****s like Dempsey and Donovan are Irish except for on March 17th and would sully the green jersey.  I have no problems with the likes of Ronan O'Gara but what most people don't realize is the majority of US soccer players (and indeed the fans of the US national team) are a bunch of massive douchebags.  I've had the misfortune of being around them.  May as well just beg (a not as skilled version of) Steven Ireland to come back.

I'm all for playing friendlies here and even having a camp, but playing in the MLS is not good enough to play for Ireland and believe me when I say the vast majority of US-born players who qualify probably think Ireland is still owned by Britain and would not add anything to the team.  Holding a camp for LoI players would be far more productive.

This is not just for the Irish diaspora here, same goes for Polish, German, etc., etc., etc.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 07:34:10 PM »
i remember reading somewhere that half of the english national team have roots from ireland and for ireland half of the team have roots from england...i dont know if thats true..just throwing that out there

as for looking for talent in the US, you will never know. you might find the next #10. someone from the US youth ranks might change allegiance. anything could happen. look at giuseppe rossi with italy.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 11:54:47 AM »
I will respond to this with the exact post I responded when posted on an Ireland forum

This better a joke.  None of these ****s like Dempsey and Donovan are Irish except for on March 17th and would sully the green jersey.  I have no problems with the likes of Ronan O'Gara but what most people don't realize is the majority of US soccer players (and indeed the fans of the US national team) are a bunch of massive douchebags.  I've had the misfortune of being around them.  May as well just beg (a not as skilled version of) Steven Ireland to come back.

I'm all for playing friendlies here and even having a camp, but playing in the MLS is not good enough to play for Ireland and believe me when I say the vast majority of US-born players who qualify probably think Ireland is still owned by Britain and would not add anything to the team.  Holding a camp for LoI players would be far more productive.

This is not just for the Irish diaspora here, same goes for Polish, German, etc., etc., etc.

wow :o ,, yuh write ah line of brimstone dey breds....you sure you is a born yankee??
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 11:59:12 AM »

wow :o ,, yuh write ah line of brimstone dey breds....you sure you is a born yankee??
theworm is Bizarro Zeppo.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 12:22:15 PM »
Worm ah love d hate  :devil:, keep it burning bright  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 03:17:28 PM »
Worm ah love d hate  :devil:, keep it burning bright  :beermug:

ah love theworm!!!.... :beermug: :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 06:09:21 PM »
I pity the fool....

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 02:06:45 PM »
Irish want to poach top U.S. soccer player

Ireland’s U-21 team’s hope of signing Derby striker Conor Doyle have met a setback as he has confirmed he will travel to Florida to train with the U.S. U-20 side.

Noel King, Head Coach of the Republic of Ireland Men's Under 21 team,  has been tracking the 19-year-old, Conor Doyle, who was born in Texas, but is eligible for Ireland through his Dublin-born father.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 03:03:19 PM »
Who woulda thought....

The world is truly getting smaller and the tides are turning...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>