April 16, 2024, 11:25:18 AM

Author Topic: Latapy boosts squad: Spann, Glen back with Soca Warriors  (Read 11874 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latapy boosts squad: Spann, Glen back with Soca Warriors
« on: November 13, 2010, 09:23:09 PM »
T&T Express

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Russell Latapy is trying to have his strongest available squad for the 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals by inviting six additional players to join the Soca Warriors line-up.

Of those, San Jose Earthquakes striker Cornell Glen, Joe Public midfielder Hayden Tinto and ex-English-based utility player Silvio Spann have taken up the offer to join the 20 locally-based players already in training.

But LA Galaxy midfielder Chris Birchall has not yet confirmed his availability, having been invited to the national squad for the Caribbean Cup later this month, while European-based duo Khaleem Hyland and Darryl Roberts are definitely unavailable.

Birchall's LA Galaxy play Dallas in the MLS semi-finals today for the right to contest the final on November 21 in Toronto.

The Warriors leave on Tuesday November 23 for the Caribbean Cup, which takes place in Martinique from November 26-December 5.

T&T will open the tournament on November 26, against either Antigua and Barbuda or Cuba. They then face hosts Martinique on November 28 and Grenada on November 30.

The four semi-finalists will qualify for the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup, while the two finalists will battle on December 5 for a first prize of US$120,000.

"It appears that Chris Birchall may not  be available, but we are not yet counting him out as of now," team manager David Muhammad told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) media officer Shaun Fuentes yesterday.

"And Khaleem and Darryl have  indicated to us that they are definitely not available as their seasons are in full swing and the tournament does not fall within the FIFA calendar.

"But we are confident in the ability of the current squad of players. We saw for ourselves that they are capable of producing the goods and delivering results as was the case in the recent three matches (against Haiti, Guyana and St Vincent and the Grenadines).

"The final 20-man T&T squad for the tournament will be announced next week prior to the team's departure for Martinique," Muhammad added.

Latapy's current squad includes the 20 players who finished unbeaten by bettering St Vincent (6-2), Guyana (2-1) and Haiti (4-0) to win the win the Digicel Cup Group F qualifying series a week ago at Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.

Trinidad and Tobago's senior team will begin their final leg of preparations with a 4 p.m. training session tomorrow at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The likes of Jovin Jones, Lester Peltier and Clyde Leon, who were carrying injuries in the latter part of Group F action, are on the road to full recovery in time for the upcoming matches in Martinique.

Today, Latapy will be monitoring closely the encounter between Antigua/Barbuda and Cuba as the result is likely to determine T&T's opponents in their opening match of the tournament on November 26.

Both Cuba and Antigua/Barbuda are locked on four points each after their two Group G games to date.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy boosts squad: Spann, Glen back with Soca Warriors
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:33:02 PM »
T&T Express

"It appears that Chris Birchall may not  be available, but we are not yet counting him out as of now," team manager David Muhammad told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) media officer Shaun Fuentes yesterday.

"And Khaleem and Darryl have  indicated to us that they are definitely not available as their seasons are in full swing and the tournament does not fall within the FIFA calendar.

Aye allyuh look. . .We as fans are being treated with some sort of explanation and communication about team selection. . .wah going on here boy. . .jess now dey go change the TTFF?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 09:35:36 PM »
I'm not one for a conspiracy but why is Birchall the one doubtful when Glenn's San Jose can be in the same final on the 21st should they beat Colorado?

The entire Birchall saga seems fishy... I dont think Latapy even wants him there...he's never fancied him.. he thinks he gives the ball away too much and cant knock "the brand" Latapy wants.... but Latapy you need someone to sit and keep shape and protect the defense.. and no way in hell Leon or Trent can do a better job than The Birch

Until I see Chris in a final squad training with the rest of the boys then I'll believe it.... and If he isnt selected then I hope I hear the words from Birchy's mouth itself .. not that c**t Muhammed

If the final is the 21st and our first game is the 26th why is that such a problem? The boy is fit, training at a better level and with better coaches than Trinidad national team itself... you think he will have trouble adjusting in a team ready for a f**king Caribbean Cup?

If thats the shit they coming with I will find out the truth and I will expose them on their shit

Allyuh TTFF shithongs who reading this..make sure Birchall in that team...and give him the armband while you at it...he is the Future.

CHRIS ROCKET BIRCHALL 7 LEGEND...110% WILL DIE FOR THE SHIRT...STOP TREATING MY PLAYER LIKE SHIT

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 10:21:06 PM »
SMag, u have to remember that while Birchall is an integral member of the Galaxy, Glen is a fringe player at San Jose, so that is why Glen is available for selection.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 10:23:04 PM »
SPANNNNNNNNNNNNNN  ::)
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 10:23:54 PM »
Glen wasn't a fringe player. Glen was startin up til he get injured. If he wasnt, he was first off the bench. Sealy not getting love either. Sealy playing wicked midfield for San Jose.

Offline WarriorSaint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 10:33:55 PM »
I'm not one for a conspiracy but why is Birchall the one doubtful when Glenn's San Jose can be in the same final on the 21st should they beat Colorado?

The entire Birchall saga seems fishy... I dont think Latapy even wants him there...he's never fancied him.. he thinks he gives the ball away too much and cant knock "the brand" Latapy wants.... but Latapy you need someone to sit and keep shape and protect the defense.. and no way in hell Leon or Trent can do a better job than The Birch

Until I see Chris in a final squad training with the rest of the boys then I'll believe it.... and If he isnt selected then I hope I hear the words from Birchy's mouth itself .. not that c**t Muhammed

If the final is the 21st and our first game is the 26th why is that such a problem? The boy is fit, training at a better level and with better coaches than Trinidad national team itself... you think he will have trouble adjusting in a team ready for a f**king Caribbean Cup?

If thats the shit they coming with I will find out the truth and I will expose them on their shit

Allyuh TTFF shithongs who reading this..make sure Birchall in that team...and give him the armband while you at it...he is the Future.

CHRIS ROCKET BIRCHALL 7 LEGEND...110% WILL DIE FOR THE SHIRT...STOP TREATING MY PLAYER LIKE SHIT

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! It too damn suspect and I am not appreciating it. At first glance I thought "well ok, maybe he wouldnt be able to play for us given the final etc etc" but looking into it it just seems like more BS. Why Birch hadda get hate on so? Too damn fishy.

He is one of my favourite players, and not just because of the goal (thats a big part though  ;D) STOP HATING ON HIM!!!!!!!!

Offline WarriorSaint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 10:45:06 PM »
And while we are here, what about Jake Thompson? Havnt heard anything about him. Isnt he good enough to get another first team call since we are playing youngsters?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 10:54:15 PM »
SMag, u have to remember that while Birchall is an integral member of the Galaxy, Glen is a fringe player at San Jose, so that is why Glen is available for selection.

it still makes no sense..even If Birchy started the final on the 21st he should be in the TnT squad... they just trying the same excuses over and over again

Why were Glenn,James and Marshall in the squad when we played Jamaica but no Birchy?

I can guarantee that Chris Birchall will not be selected by Latapy and the puppet Muhammed will come out and say Birchall's participation in the final left Latapy with no choice but to choose a replacement as time was up to select a squad and he wouldnt have known the fitness nor form of Birchall in time...(shit, I giving them ideas)

when the truth would be Latapy dislikes Birchall's playing style and thinks he's not good enough

I'd rather Latapy say that than the lies we are being told over and over again .. but of course he not ballsy enough to cut the man and admit it... so I will make it the f**k out... who vex loss

Trini Ultras in the works

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 10:54:32 PM »
surprised to see he included darrly and hyland in his plans.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 11:03:01 PM »

it still makes no sense..even If Birchy started the final on the 21st he should be in the TnT squad... they just trying the same excuses over and over again

Why were Glenn,James and Marshall in the squad when we played Jamaica but no Birchy?

I can guarantee that Chris Birchall will not be selected by Latapy and the puppet Muhammed will come out and say Birchall's participation in the final left Latapy with no choice but to choose a replacement as time was up to select a squad and he wouldnt have known the fitness nor form of Birchall in time...(shit, I giving them ideas)

when the truth would be Latapy dislikes Birchall's playing style and thinks he's not good enough

I'd rather Latapy say that than the lies we are being told over and over again .. but of course he not ballsy enough to cut the man and admit it... so I will make it the f**k out... who vex loss

No disrespect SM, but isn't latas ah friend of yuh dad, and don't he come by some time? ah guess what i'm getting @ is, if i was in such a position to sit in with the magician , i would defo ask him what was his beef with CB and why is he being overlooked constantly.

IMO, i don't think latas hate birchall, unless there's something you know that yuh don't really want to divulge, but if not, then the same could be said for roberts, hyland and collin samuel. i remember birchall get called up @ least five times under lastas while hyland roberts and samuels suffered.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:08:24 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 11:08:40 PM »
Why alyuh dont ask Birchall himself. In this day and age alyuh dont know nuttin bout Twitter or wha??

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 11:35:41 PM »
Why alyuh dont ask Birchall himself. In this day and age alyuh dont know nuttin bout Twitter or wha??
na man it only have them thing in america n england. we primitive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 12:06:02 AM »

No disrespect SM, but isn't latas ah friend of yuh dad, and don't he come by some time? ah guess what i'm getting @ is, if i was in such a position to sit in with the magician , i would defo ask him what was his beef with CB and why is he being overlooked constantly.

IMO, i don't think latas hate birchall, unless there's something you know that yuh don't really want to divulge, but if not, then the same could be said for roberts, hyland and collin samuel. i remember birchall get called up @ least five times under lastas while hyland roberts and samuels suffered.

I've never said he hates Birchall

He does not like what he can bring to the team in terms of ball possession and the fantasy brand Latapy thinks we can play

Since Latapy has been in total control has Birchall started a game under him?

I dont see the need to make up all these excuses over the past few months about Birchall when all he has to say is I dont think he is good enough and does not fit in my plans.... why he doubting himself as a coach to say it? because he knows deep down that he's being stubborn and even though Chris isnt the prettiest footballer he does provide the dirty work and commitment needed in Central Midfield

but every coach has his own phylosiphy... Obviously Latapy own is keep the ball, pass the ball, move off the ball, score goals, flick, dazzle , magic up the place.... but umm.. we loss the ball.. what next? plan B? Let the Back 4 deal with it?

Plan B= Plan Birchall

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 04:47:46 AM »
Glen Sealy is the new boy on the block that we should be shouting about in midfield, Did you see the boy last nite on FSC.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 05:36:48 AM »

He does not like what he can bring to the team
in terms of ball possession and the fantasy brand Latapy thinks we can play

I dont see the need to make up all these excuses over the past few months about Birchall when all he has to say is I dont think he is good enough and does not fit in my plans.... why he doubting himself as a coach to say it? because he knows deep down that he's being stubborn and even though Chris isnt the prettiest footballer he does provide the dirty work and commitment needed in Central Midfield

but every coach has his own phylosiphy... Obviously Latapy own is keep the ball, pass the ball, move off the ball, score goals, flick, dazzle , magic up the place.... but umm.. we loss the ball.. what next? plan B? Let the Back 4 deal with it?

Plan B= Plan Birchall

Ah understand what yuh saying SM, and i was actually saying the same thing but i guess i used the wrong choice of words to convey what i meant.

i meant to say he doesn't fancy birchall's style of play, and not his person. as for the rest of the post, i must say yuh preaching to the chior, BC i defo believe that birchall is better than leon and he should be starter in his stead, and latas need ah clean up man who could actually score ah fackin goal, whereas leon and noel falls short in that department..

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 05:48:59 AM »
Not defending Latas here but the truth is he cyah call everybody else he will disrupt everything that he seemingly built here so far.
Call it a conspiracy theory but I believe Latas "beef" go back with Birchie in 2006 when ""this english boy " seemingly take the "magician" place in midfield because of what his defensive efforts and work rate  brings to the team ..... also this talk about Birchie not keeping possession  is silly that's exactly what he does he works hard for it and keeps it simple he doesn't try the extravagant pass he keeps it simple and normally gives it up to yorke and them boys to make things happen in short he plays to his strength so that is bogus.
Also in terms of Sealey this midfield situation is a recent thing he's always played striker and in times we've called him back he has been a bit inconsistent but after this run in the mls definitely deserves a call up and my main reason for it is because Sealey has something that alot of our players don't have in the midfield the fella is extremely f**king strong ... something that our midfielders seem to lack.
Getting excited about possibilities but not quite yet.
Don't want to sound like a devil's advocate but what does calling Spann into the squad bring?
Never has there been a more inconsistent player!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 05:53:17 AM »

He does not like what he can bring to the team in terms of ball possession and the fantasy brand Latapy thinks we can play

Plan B= Plan Birchall

before u get mih wrong, I not arguing against birchall, I find he should be d main CDM but, the team and I mean the whole team show real defensive hustle when they lost the ball...............against Haiti atleast..............so while Birchall should be  d main man, I ent tink Latapy taking ah lacks approach to defense..."THESE DAYS" atleast ,given d cutasses we get recently and d loud noise about d lack of defensive ability
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 06:01:08 AM »
Not defending Latas here but the truth is he cyah call everybody else he will disrupt everything that he seemingly built here so far.
Call it a conspiracy theory but I believe Latas "beef" go back with Birchie in 2006 when ""this english boy " seemingly take the "magician" place in midfield because of what his defensive efforts and work rate  brings to the team .....

this what I believe too, but den you hear all kinda different talk as to why he only get 20 mins..............including "he didn' want to play he wanted to coach ???" so...................
I pity the fool....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 06:52:52 AM »
surprised to see he included darrly and hyland in his plans.

Glad you realize that the persecution complex you have been harboring and pushing over and over and over as it related to Darryl Roberts was ........................................

........probably just in yuh head padnah. The truth is coming out now.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 07:18:35 AM »
no Sealy in midfield?no Boucaud?Jlloyd Smauel still injured? bcuz he still not playing for his club.Ah wonder if Latas should ah have a look at those conference boys in England to see where they at.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 08:00:56 AM »
Ah wonder if Glen even ready to play. He jus coming of ah hamstring injury, and we all know how he injury prone ahready.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 08:03:23 AM »
Ah wonder if Glen even ready to play. He jus coming of ah hamstring injury, and we all know how he injury prone ahready.
A  more curious question is if San Jose on a playoff run, why would they release him to the national team when he just coming off injury than keep him to help the team progress further?

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 08:47:02 AM »
well San Jose lost last night i think he should call up Sealey top play in the midfield and Galaxy game is tonight so if they lost Birchall should be available.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 08:49:23 AM »
if you is ah "boss" natiional player warming up on the sideline (either in Toyota Park or Nashville??) and de lil whiteboy (who help yuh get to de world cup) get sub out (for no mother c&^t apparent reason mind you) and you is de first man he walk off the field and meet (because yuh stop warming up and watching de game), would you acknowledge him?

a lil nod, a lil good game, a lil hand held out for a low 'five'?

Latas dem cyah tie me up!!

watch eh, Chris go win de MLS and cyah make de bench for de team he help take to de world cup, just watch...
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 08:53:52 AM »
well San Jose lost last night i think he should call up Sealey top play in the midfield and Galaxy game is tonight so if they lost Birchall should be available.

is not home and away, playoffs?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 09:28:52 AM »
Seems as though RL is a stubborn bloke and does not want to change his approach to his philosophy of coaching,my guess is that he feels CB does not fit into his type of game,a skillful,possession type of football.That type of Brazillian game has long gone and RL should understand that a variety of players are always a good thing,games can change very quickly and coaches should be capable of having personnel to deal with every situation and different types of opposition.RL approach to the game seems to be one tracked,I hope he is not but it appears so,there is no reason why CB was left out of all the friendlies that we played recently,RL has treated CB badly ever since he took over.TT teams over the years have always lacked steel and aggression,the one man with those qualities is being ignored by RL,the thing is TT needs a player like him in mid-field.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
is spann even fit ? >:( when last he played a game
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 09:58:41 AM »
Good question mate but even if he was playing I feel that Chris Birchall should be called to play for TT,lets hope Latapy isn't getting carried away with 2 inflated results against a Vincy team missing some of their players and an under 23 Haiti team,we could just about deal with Guyana.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 10:21:02 AM »
Good question mate but even if he was playing I feel that Chris Birchall should be called to play for TT,lets hope Latapy isn't getting carried away with 2 inflated results against a Vincy team missing some of their players and an under 23 Haiti team,we could just about deal with Guyana.
he just joined connection the other day  ahh latapy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>