March 28, 2024, 10:11:06 AM

Author Topic: LA refuse to release Birchall for DCC finals.  (Read 14558 times)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: LA refuse to release Birchall for DCC finals.
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 06:38:28 AM »
From what I heard is that after the court case earlier this week the members (Marvin Andrews, Shaka Hislop, Kelvin Jack, Atiba Charles, Cyd Gray, Ian Cox, Avery John, Chris Birchall, Aurtis Whitley, Collin Samuel, Evans Wise, Anthony Wolfe, Cornell Glen, Kenwyne Jones and Stern John) will never get the chance to play for T&T again. Off course some of these players are to old and have retired.

Before the ruling Birchall and Glen was sure to join T&T, but that changed and Jack Warner gave clear instructions, none of the blacklisted players will get a call up until further notice.

Anthony Wolfe position is also questionable but might be an exception. ?

Latapy said none will be missed and is focus on getting the job done.

When I asked David Muhammad whats the situation he said, mind your business.

The definition of a "skidmark" = David Muhummad!!!

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2010, 08:39:23 AM »
From what I heard is that after the court case earlier this week the members (Marvin Andrews, Shaka Hislop, Kelvin Jack, Atiba Charles, Cyd Gray, Ian Cox, Avery John, Chris Birchall, Aurtis Whitley, Collin Samuel, Evans Wise, Anthony Wolfe, Cornell Glen, Kenwyne Jones and Stern John) will never get the chance to play for T&T again. Off course some of these players are to old and have retired.

Before the ruling Birchall and Glen was sure to join T&T, but that changed and Jack Warner gave clear instructions, none of the blacklisted players will get a call up until further notice.

Jackula at his best again. Cah make this shit up nah
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 09:01:18 AM »

allyuh too soft... continue to be run over and sit back... that's why my generation of fans will have it better than you guys...we dont stand for shit... and we will get the truth

Oh really?? So exactly what it is you doing so Tubal Uriah?

Yuh print up de placard for the next game yet?

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 10:25:00 AM »
Word is Birchall's team-mate Don Ricketts will be in the Jamaica squad for the Caribbean cup. Why are the Galaxy releasing the league leading shot stopper for a "meaningless" tournament but refuse to release Birchall for same tourney?

Anyone ever consider the possibility that the player might not be interested in playing in the DCC? Maybe because he want to stay back and cement his spot for the start of next season? I think Ricketts can take a risk, his starting position in the goal is pretty much assured for next season.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:32:15 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 10:37:35 AM »
Word is Birchall's team-mate Don Ricketts will be in the Jamaica squad for the Caribbean cup. Why are the Galaxy releasing the league leading shot stopper for a "meaningless" tournament but refuse to release Birchall for same tourney?

Anyone ever consider the possibility that the player might not be interested in playing in the DCC? Maybe because he want to stay back and cement his spot for the start of next season? I think Ricketts can take a risk, his starting position in the goal is pretty much assured for next season.

Read Insider's post. That will tell u the long and short of the situation.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 12:44:30 PM »

the question is, will they really blank a player like kenwyne jones?

maybe, maybe not

if that is the case then expect jorsling and roberts to be the strikers for brazil :o

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 01:00:10 PM »
Well the trip is real of course, if the club really wanted him to stay, i guess the TTFF have no say in that. Funny thing is how Muhammed didnt know that all the time he "communicating" with Chris. It went from yes he will be joining us, im in contact with him, to oops he cah make it, the Club want him, wth  ???. Like it had a break down in "communication"?

Exactly! And coincidence that this 180 occurrs right after the players won their appeal against Jack?
Hart for president

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 01:30:46 PM »

This is an unfortunate situation. However, I believe the players who brought court action against the TTFF would have expected some sort of back-lash as a result. If you sue your employer, surely you expect to be terminated. no?

Also, Its not uncommon for an employer to promise bonuses to staff members, and then later turn around and deliver a half of what they promised....unless it is written in some sort of contract.

As a neutral, I cant help detecting some initial greed on the players part. couldnt they have settled for a reduced amount ove that which was promised? Of course, I am assuming the TTFF used the funds for TTFF business, and not to fatten individuals pockets.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »

This is an unfortunate situation. However, I believe the players who brought court action against the TTFF would have expected some sort of back-lash as a result. If you sue your employer, surely you expect to be terminated. no?

Also, Its not uncommon for an employer to promise bonuses to staff members, and then later turn around and deliver a half of what they promised....unless it is written in some sort of contract.

As a neutral, I cant help detecting some initial greed on the players part. couldnt they have settled for a reduced amount ove that which was promised? Of course, I am assuming the TTFF used the funds for TTFF business, and not to fatten individuals pockets.

Stop talking shit
Hart for president

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2010, 01:35:58 PM »

I started to respond to ask you if you think that's a reasonable expectation... then I read the rest of that bullshit yuh just posted and recognized that it would just be a waste of time.  That you could look at this situation and reduce it to 'greed' on the parts of the players, tells me all that I need to know about you and your intellectual level.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2010, 01:37:22 PM »

Stop talking shit

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: talk done!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2010, 01:44:19 PM »

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 02:00:20 PM »

Stop talking shit

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: talk done!!!!

:devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 02:17:08 PM »

Stop talking shit

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Ah luv yuh Supporter!!!.... :-* :-*
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »

I started to respond to ask you if you think that's a reasonable expectation... then I read the rest of that bullshit yuh just posted and recognized that it would just be a waste of time.  That you could look at this situation and reduce it to 'greed' on the parts of the players, tells me all that I need to know about you and your intellectual level.

Just making a general observation, albeit a controversial one (whats new). Like I said, if you take your employers to court, you must expect backlash for it, including termination of unemployment. Moving forward, No judge or lawyer can demand tha the TTFF select the players involved.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:37:38 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2010, 02:53:53 PM »

Just making a general observation, albeit a controversial one (whats new). Like I said, if you take your employers to court, you must expect backlash for it, including termination of unemployment. Moving forward, No judge or lawyer can demand tha the TTFF select the players involved.

Reggae-fan is Ricketts playing for JA in the tournament or is he going on the tour with LA? Cause if he's excused then there's really something more to this Birchall story.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2010, 03:05:37 PM »
let me tell allyuh something ah dreaming...Bruce Arena doh like TT...not just doh give ah rat's ass bout TT, and doh care either way, he real DOH like TT, meaning he go spit on TT given ah chance...he wuss than the other Bruce.. PPl doh name yuh child Bruce, if yuh name Bruce and have anything to do with TT, go down by the courthouse and rename yuhself Bamcee, Bobolee, Birchall even, make ah priest or Obeah man re-baptise yuh, Baldy, Bolo, Bama, Baadru or Bakir, buh doh go thru yuh life Blighting yuhself and the ppl around yuh with Bruce...  >:(

add: I just kicksin eh...sorry if I offended the Bruces of the forum....stick with yuh online moniker doh
That's why he allowed yohance marshall tuh play in ah tourney on non fifa dates BC he hate T&T.   what nonsense would i hear next.

i don't know why ppl fretting, if we can't beat up on cuba , martinique , and grenanda with the players we have then we don't need to be in the competition in the first place.  maybe we wont win the cup , but we have enough good players to qualify for the gold cup.     alyuh need to chill.
true dat...ah talk nonsense dey, buh yuh fuhget to rest ah the whole post, man  :-X  8)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2010, 03:08:22 PM »

How the hell is it greedy to take legal action for what your employer promised you. Steups

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »
plot thickening

Glenn was dropped(recovered from injury), Birchall apparently was not one of the striking players and has privately settled

pendulum swings towards Latapy....

This is like a Horror show

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
plot thickening

Glenn was dropped(recovered from injury), Birchall apparently was not one of the striking players and has privately settled

pendulum swings towards Latapy....

This is like a Horror show

interesting, Seems people right about Latas and Birchie, or maybe the article is correct  ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2010, 05:18:03 PM »

If you take your employer to court it would be stupid for your employer to then turn around and single you out for negative treatment.  Maybe the implication was lost on you the first time.  Or maybe you've never heard of "wrongful termination" where you live?

Additionally...

This further proves that you don't know what you're talking about.  The above situation would in fact be very "uncommon."  Year end bonuses are one thing, performance-based bonuses are another.  Any employer who makes such a promise and then turns around and reneges is inviting suit for breach of contract.  A promise is a contract as long as the person promised something gives/foregoes/does something in exchange for it.  It matters not whether the promise is written or not.  It's a common assumption that a contract can only be formed if it's in writing.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2010, 06:41:59 PM »
Guy's i think this release thing is alot of hot air and B. S.....all Lata have to say Birchall is not part of his plan...that all...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2010, 08:12:09 PM »
Guy's i think this release thing is alot of hot air and B. S.....all Lata have to say Birchall is not part of his plan...that all...

Dat call 4 balls and he and Yorke eh have some fellas had but lost it along d way apperently included d fella dis thread about.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2010, 08:54:31 PM »

Well said! i was thinking that my self, maybe birchall did not want to play and he opted for his bread and butter instead, but some of these guys don't think outside the box.

RF hold yuh peace!! if yuh not privey to this situation then don't utter ah word since yuh might just be choosing to sit on an ants nest unknowingly.

FYI the players did try to settle with jack warner for a portion of the money, but jack's response was take it or leave it!

we weren't the only federation with money problems that WC, i specifically remembered the togolese players pulled the same thing with their federation in WC 2006 in germany when the federation refused to pay them monies owed, luckily for them ( the players ) it was around the time of the tourney so they (the federation payed up to avoid embarrassment).

the US also had ah problem with their federation who settled the matter without incident, and many other federations go through the same thing. the problem with our federation is that they don't care about the sport, but rather the spoils that the sport brings!

the truth is, these players exhausted every avenue of communication with JW and the TTFF, but to no avail, jack's response remained the same "take it or leave it" which wasn't much to take or leave, i repeat! which wasn't much to take or leave since it was little under a thousand USD or 5,000 TTD from revenues exceeding 188,000,000 TTD/ 31,333,000 USD which they were to receive half which comes to 94,000,000 TTD divided by sixteen equals 5,875,000 TTD, so ah man went from expecting 5, 875,000 to 5,000 TTD and you tellin me ah fella should just let that slide and walk away like ah good little boy and let jack walk away with 187,920, 000 while he kick them 80,000 to split up amongst them selves, weh you think, this is mozambique weh man doh know money??

bottom line, jack and the TTFF refused to settle or even entertain the thought, that's why the fellas brought legal action against them.

is real advantage thing going on here with the football, the politics and the ppl wealth here in T&T oui!! doh feel BC T&T have oil and gas that the masses benefiting from any of it nah!! that money linin the rich and the well to do pockets , while the lil fella in the small areas can't hold a fraction of ah half %!

jack and dem fellas really heartless when it come to the football yes! i eh know why them men eh find something more lucrative than football and run leff the ting tuh ppl who really care bout the sport.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:58:14 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2010, 10:17:12 PM »
So basically is either

(i) A club friendly more important than a man play for his country for regional supremacy.

(ii) He is being sidelined because of the recent victory (again) by the players against the TTFF (Jack).

Either way the TTFF sorf.

I would like to hear CB's take on the matter.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2010, 12:53:55 AM »
So far we hearing from one side, steady. Where is Birchall in all ah dis.

He have some people ready to march and riot. Why he ent come out and explain heself instead ah other people speaking on his behalf. If dem lying on him, he could speak for himself. He ent saying much ah nothing.

So what is the conclusion? Speculation and more speculation.

Birchall  need to come out and settle all dis cause if Latas didn't like him before he surely ent go like him now, cause the staff keep coming out with explanation back and forth but very little said from Birchall.

Come out and settle the ting  :beermug:

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2010, 04:59:16 AM »
Rickets might not be invited to play in the DCC finals after all...might have something to do with the same reason for Birchall's none release for the DCC - Australian tour.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2010, 05:05:43 AM »
So far we hearing from one side, steady. Where is Birchall in all ah dis.

He have some people ready to march and riot. Why he ent come out and explain heself instead ah other people speaking on his behalf. If dem lying on him, he could speak for himself. He ent saying much ah nothing.

So what is the conclusion? Speculation and more speculation.

Birchall  need to come out and settle all dis cause if Latas didn't like him before he surely ent go like him now, cause the staff keep coming out with explanation back and forth but very little said from Birchall.

Come out and settle the ting  :beermug:

I think Birchall is handleing this situation the best way he could,if you want to look at it this way,he has two bosses to deal with,i guess he has an agent that's advising him,anything he says could have repacautions big time,remember he is not like us who are just members of a forum and can say who vex lorse.
     What's going on here is the least of Birchall's worries,at the moment i gess he has a good contract with La with a guranteed income,he involed with T&T long enough to know nothing here is guaranteed,i think on this forum we speculate a little too much,Trinis like bachanal you have to take a lot of this back and fourth with a grain of salt,i'm sure by tomorrow you will hear something else.    
f
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 05:13:51 AM by Coop's »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2010, 07:12:08 AM »
Just out of curiosity, is Birchall on Twitter?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2010, 07:22:21 AM »
FYI - I've called Birchall twice and sent him an e-mail two days ago and I am yet to get a respond.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>