April 30, 2024, 12:31:01 AM

Author Topic: Stop the Pirating of Local and International Music & Entertainment  (Read 613 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
I think the pirating of music and movies and any form of entertainment is just as bad as stealing from a store or grand theft.

Someone who downloads 10 albums in a day is stealing more than $100 dollars worth of material that may have taken a combined year to put together for an artist/musician.

Studio time, rehearsals, mixing, mastering, all takes time. If you like the material, buy the damn thing, because you are no better than a common pick pocket or thief.

Even worse you are a criminal if you steal music and movies.

Like I was reiterating in a previous thread, some of these stuntmen risk their lives to make a scene in a movie as great as possible, but you are stealing that while they are risking their lives.

With artists an musicians its the same, they are putting their life into the music and people are not appreciating the time and money spent on projects to steal it.

However, I know some artists are not putting their material out fast enough and locally this can happen.
I think the government and artists need to remedy this situation.

However, that's no excuse to commit a crime and steal.

Its almost like being able to break into someone's house and take anything at will, because you can.

I hope people read the thread and think about what they are doing to the entertainment industry at home and abroad.

Buy your music and movies. If you can't afford it, save for it. Its the same as buying an x-box, if you can't afford it, would you steal it? 

Or if you could steal it with no repercussions would you do it? Because that's what people are doing and are not thinking twice about it.

That to me is a mentality of a common thief and no more.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:45:38 PM by Controversial »

1]; } ?>