April 20, 2024, 12:14:26 AM

Author Topic: D Signal Hill celebration thread.....  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
D Signal Hill celebration thread.....
« on: November 23, 2010, 05:04:16 PM »
Yes ah starting mih own damn thread.  Mods all yuh juss leave my thread alone please......Ah need to rub it in some faces..... ;D ;D ;D

Whey de CIC, QRC, Fatima, Arima (oops), St. Anthony's (double oops), Green Machine, Naps crew, St. Benedicts (dem still have a team)??

Whey all yuh??!!  Men quiet, quiet boy.......well is not my fault the best youth Coach in the country come back to show all yuh how to do it. Yeah the GREAT BERTILLE ST. CLAIR.  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ah wonder if Win Sports will show de game.....ah tired see re-runs of St. Augstine vs. Arima.  Dey just damn disrespectful!!!

Anywho, let me buss mih wine eh....AGAIN!!!

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :party: :party: :party: :party:  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower::party: :party: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :party: :party: :party: :party: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:01:46 PM by Flex »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: D SIGNAL HILL CELEBRATION THREAD.....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 05:07:31 PM »
Play yuhself gyul  :beermug: As ah South man..ah happy fuh Tobago lol

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 05:10:22 PM »
Read it and weep.....the best in School's League, never mind ah wait 15 years for a title.......look how much time we give all yuh and all yuh still couldn't catch up to we.....tsk, tsk, tsk..... ;D

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Signal_Hill__Naparima_battle_for_SSFL_record-110029079.html

Signal Hill, Naparima battle for SSFL record
By Kern De Freitas

Signal Hill Secondary will travel from Tobago today to the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella to face "home" team Naparima College from 4 p.m. Only one team will emerge Coca Cola InterCol champions.
It is perhaps fitting that these two sides are battling for the 2010 InterCol crown. A lot more than simply the title is at stake for today's winners. There is the prize of becoming the most successful school in the history of the Secondary Schools Football League, and its predecessor, the College's League.

On the national front, these teams, along with San Fernando Technical Institute, have nine national titles. Signal Hill enjoyed their main period of dominance in the 1980s, when they took three National League titles (1984, 1987-88) and four InterCol crowns (1982, 1987-89). Their other two titles came in 1998 (League) and 1995 (InterCol).

For Naparima, after three InterCol successes in the 1970s (1973, 1976-77), it took them 22 years to earn their next title. They resurfaced in 1999 with the League-InterCol double, landed the InterCol trophy a year later, and then in four years, won their last three League (2005, 2008) and InterCol (2007) crowns.
"Naps" had a chance to grab their tenth national and seventh InterCol title last year, but were beaten to the punch by a less-talented, but game El Dorado side.

Behind these two resilient teams are ex-national "Strike Squad" forward Leonson Lewis, who took over as Naparima head coach this year, and one of the most renowned and experienced tacticians in Trinidad and Tobago, former senior T&T coach Bertille St Clair, who heads the Signal Hill technical bench.

Naparima

Naparima have performed to their traditional strengths in 2010 despite having only five players with InterCol experience from last year. Their captain Anthony Parris is the only one to taste national glory in the 2007 InterCol and 2008 League campaigns.
According to Lewis, a record tenth title will be very "significant" for Naps, and for him as a coach.
"It will be the most important title I've ever owned. That will be really significant for me," Lewis told the Express.
Having seen Signal Hill play, Lewis is ready for today's test, even though he reserves full respect for St Clair as a coach.
"When I see Signal Hill play, they actually play football," Lewis said of his team's opponents today. "They try to pass the ball around, and they depend on Darryl Trim, their lightning quick striker.
"(With Trim) it's not a matter of if he going to score, it's more a matter of when. So it will be a big test for our defence to try to hold him."
But Lewis has full confidence in his team.
"I'm not even worried about my players playing good. My players can play well, they have proven that they are good football players. To win the final you have to play good. But you have to be smart in how you interpret things."

Signal Hill

Xavier King, the Signal Hill manager-turned acting principal, feels Signal Hill have been at a disadvantage, having to travel to Trinidad three times for the InterCol competition.
Now they head South with history beckoning.

Having St Clair return to their coaching staff has brought new energy to the hard-working Signal Hill.
"The years before, two, three years ago, he used to help, but was never on the bench. But he brings his experience to the game, especially after half time and has been a tremendous help."
Signal Hill have not seen Naparima, and will have to do their job the old fashioned way: assess their opponents as they play the first half. That tactic worked well against Arima.
King also explained that because Signal Hill are from Tobago, they have had little opportunity to see Naps before today.
But his team will play today for the pride of Tobago.
"It would mean a lot to the school and a lot to Tobago by extension. At this point it's not about the school, it's about Tobago and how people see football in Tobago. Tobago can't get past a certain level, so now that we are passing that hurdle, it's great on the part of Tobago.
"It would be a morale boost for the school and bring success in other areas."
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »
stueps  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 05:14:16 PM »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 05:18:42 PM »
congrats signal hill once allyuh beat a depleted St Anthony's team i know allyuh wouldv'e won the intercol so is kind of a half hearted congrats :devil: and St Anthony's taking big five

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: D Signal Hill celebration thread.....
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 07:46:34 PM »
Allyuh posting everything else but the score or stats of the game. I am assuming Hill won, what was the final score and what about the Debe vs Roborough game ?

Thanx.

PS: Really wanted Naparima to win, they from South and they have my boy Leonson as coach. But congrats in order, Signall Hill. !!!
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 07:58:27 PM »
Allyuh posting everything else but the score or stats of the game. I am assuming Hill won, what was the final score and what about the Debe vs Roborough game ?

Thanx.

PS: Really wanted Naparima to win, they from South and they have my boy Leonson as coach. But congrats in order, Signall Hill. !!!

ENTTTTTTTT 1-0/2-1
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 08:08:51 PM »
ENTTTTTTTT 1-0/2-1

Wait, let me try and solve this riddle..  8)

Hill won 1-0 and Debe won 2-1 ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 08:20:39 PM »
ENTTTTTTTT 1-0/2-1

Wait, let me try and solve this riddle..  8)

Hill won 1-0 and Debe won 2-1 ?

I guess I should know as I base in TNT but eh have a CLUE.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 08:30:51 PM »
Not saying you dont know dear, just wanted to know the results as you posted ENTTTTTTTT 1-0/2-1 and I wasn't sure which way it went. ? I wanted to be sure... Thats all....

Thanks in advance for the update. So I am going with Hill won 1-0 and Debe won 2-1 ?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 08:36:21 PM »
Some old talk from two fellas here.

Signal Hill Class '87 - A quick history note. Tobago/Signal Hill were only "allowed" to participate in the Colleges League in 1981. So our record in the the League is a bit more impressive. Also, with the average age of Sando Tech players being 18 and that of the rest of the League being 16, adds a little more pride to ah we boys from de Hill.

Triniboi - I think the SSFL has done Signal Hill an injustice by putting the game down south. After traveling from Tobago, do you think it is necessary to have these teenagers travel as far as the Manny Ramjohn Stadium to play a game? Couldn't the game be in POS, Larry Gomes or even Ato Boldon. It seems as if the SSFL is trying their best to give the advantage to the South based school....I could be wrong, but that's what it seems to me.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 09:20:18 PM »
Home advantage...NAPS
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 09:25:39 PM »

Maybe if yuh communicate in English and not hieroglyphics Flex and de rest ah we wouldn't be puzzled by what de ass it is yuh trying to say.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 09:42:43 PM »
dey had to win or else st. clair was going to clout them.  :devil:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »
Some old talk from two fellas here.

Signal Hill Class '87 - A quick history note. Tobago/Signal Hill were only "allowed" to participate in the Colleges League in 1981. So our record in the the League is a bit more impressive. Also, with the average age of Sando Tech players being 18 and that of the rest of the League being 16, adds a little more pride to ah we boys from de Hill.

Triniboi - I think the SSFL has done Signal Hill an injustice by putting the game down south. After traveling from Tobago, do you think it is necessary to have these teenagers travel as far as the Manny Ramjohn Stadium to play a game? Couldn't the game be in POS, Larry Gomes or even Ato Boldon. It seems as if the SSFL is trying their best to give the advantage to the South based school....I could be wrong, but that's what it seems to me.

Well, I hope the Signal Hill authorities did not allow the students to leave Tobago the same day to go south and play. I presumed they left Tobago(by plane) and went to south yesterday to play today. A flight from Tobago to Piarco and a bus to Sando ain't go tired them fellas. that is a short journey as compared to some of the distance travelling many of you who played college ball in the US have done. Have they ever played an intercol final in Tobago. If not, then that is long overdue. Congrats to Signal Hill.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 10:01:13 PM »

Maybe if yuh communicate in English and not hieroglyphics Flex and de rest ah we wouldn't be puzzled by what de ass it is yuh trying to say.

Agreed.   :D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 05:50:14 AM »
No Flex, is the other way around, Debe won 1-0 and Signall Hill won 2-1.

Some people just cant answer a simple question in a simple way.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:56:31 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 06:30:31 AM »
Yes ah starting mih own damn thread.  Mods all yuh juss leave my thread alone please......Ah need to rub it in some faces..... ;D ;D ;D

Whey de CIC, QRC, Fatima, Arima (oops), St. Anthony's (double oops), Green Machine, Naps crew, St. Benedicts (dem still have a team)??

Whey all yuh??!!  Men quiet, quiet boy.......well is not my fault the best youth Coach in the country come back to show all yuh how to do it. Yeah the GREAT BERTILLE ST. CLAIR.  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ah wonder if Win Sports will show de game.....ah tired see re-runs of St. Augstine vs. Arima.  Dey just damn disrespectful!!!

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :party: :party: :party: :party:  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower::party: :party: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :party: :party: :party: :party: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

BOOOOO boooooooooo *hiss *hiss
 ;D
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 08:09:01 AM »
Just A Little Reminder... 

Some People's  Daily Mission in life  Is  Simply To   

PISS YOU OFF!!! 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 08:09:46 AM »
@ Sammy, don't hate, emulate!!    :devil: ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 09:02:18 AM »
Signal Hill win someting?   :devil:  Congrats Brown, jus teasin yuh lil bit
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 09:15:11 AM »
Ah wonder if Bertille tell dem dat he eh taking de trophy unless dey bring it tuh Tobago
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 09:42:03 AM »
Congrats to Signal Hill and Coach St Clair, job well done
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
ahmmm anybody on dat team ha dredlocks???? inquiring minds want to know ;)

on ah serious  note though, big up allyuh self Signal Hill, congrats!!!!

anybody on de team wid Dwight-like potential????
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 12:36:21 PM »
Ah hearing Darryl Trim is the next Dwight Yorke- Leonson Lewis said before the match that he likened him to Usain Bolt - Fast , and talented. Well Brown Sugar must be in his glee- Tobago in the lime light- CJ-Archie and the next Anglican Bishop from Pembroke  Claude Berkerly now Signal Hill. Rowley must be pinching himself.
 Well if the truth be told it is Trinidad & Tobago. Some of us may have come by different boats but we are in the same boat today.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 01:27:40 PM »
Ah hearing Darryl Trim is the next Dwight Yorke- Leonson Lewis said before the match that he likened him to Usain Bolt - Fast , and talented. Well Brown Sugar must be in his glee- Tobago in the lime light- CJ-Archie and the next Anglican Bishop from Pembroke  Claude Berkerly now Signal Hill. Rowley must be pinching himself.
 Well if the truth be told it is Trinidad & Tobago. Some of us may have come by different boats but we are in the same boat today.

:D  ::)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2010, 01:39:03 PM »

Lawd fadder!!..... :-[
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2010, 04:36:11 PM »

Lawd fadder!!..... :-[

Doh study it only man know bout football.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2010, 04:37:13 PM »

I didn't know you went to signal hill? here all along i was thinking you were ah bishops alumni.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:39:41 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>