March 28, 2024, 02:21:25 AM

Author Topic: The Dwayne Gibbs Thread.  (Read 31600 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwayne Gibbs one year evaluation
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2011, 08:29:05 AM »
Hmm, Fishs, I'm not so sure about this: "One more thing he doh dance to nobody else tune but his own"   

He's a political appointee, and, as such, many of his long term strategies would have to suit PP. And look how he ducked the whole bribery investigation issue. I know Bakes and I disagree on this one, but I felt he showed a distinct lack of backbone and kissed Kamlas ass on that one.

FS, you don't even have to go as far as the FIFA/Jack bribery issue to give him a fail.  His first big test to me to show whether or not he is his own man was the Nazim Mohammed issue.   I lost all respect and hope I had for him after that.

Fishs, you say yuh does come home from time to time??    Well in that case I hope you were being sarcastic in your rating of Gibbs.   The man is a failure with a big fat F....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2011, 09:08:37 AM »
For those in the know and who actually have an informed opinion:

What were the goals/expectations after one year?  Which ones did he meet, and which ones did he not meet? 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2011, 09:16:18 AM »

What were the goals/expectations after one year?  Which ones did he meet, and which ones did he not meet? 

U feel we does tink bout dem thing?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2011, 11:02:04 AM »

LOL!!!
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2011, 11:29:15 AM »

LOL!!!

U gettin kicks is either we doh set none or we set what could neva b accomplish.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2011, 11:56:26 AM »
The main thing kicker...does the population feel any safer?

If the answer is yes..then kudos to him..job well done. and kudos tot he government..if not..then he is a damn failure.

Straightforwardness.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »
Hmm, Fishs, I'm not so sure about this: "One more thing he doh dance to nobody else tune but his own"   

He's a political appointee, and, as such, many of his long term strategies would have to suit PP. And look how he ducked the whole bribery investigation issue. I know Bakes and I disagree on this one, but I felt he showed a distinct lack of backbone and kissed Kamlas ass on that one.

FS, you don't even have to go as far as the FIFA/Jack bribery issue to give him a fail.  His first big test to me to show whether or not he is his own man was the Nazim Mohammed issue.   I lost all respect and hope I had for him after that.

Fishs, you say yuh does come home from time to time??    Well in that case I hope you were being sarcastic in your rating of Gibbs.   The man is a failure with a big fat F....

YUH KETCH MIH.
This is ah duncey question
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2011, 03:30:26 PM »

I think he has done a wonderful job regardless of what detractors say.
Murder rate lowest in years, more police ketching drunk drivers, Jack Warner resigning because he fraid him, his uniform real sharp looking not scruffy like some before, his english is impeccable, he has the perfect poker face and hang dog face and he has come from a tough neighbourhood as a youth, all in all for 1 yrs work I give him a thumbs up.

One more thing he doh dance to nobody else tune but his own.

You being sacarstic, right!!!!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2011, 03:57:48 PM »

I think he has done a wonderful job regardless of what detractors say.
Murder rate lowest in years, more police ketching drunk drivers, Jack Warner resigning because he fraid him, his uniform real sharp looking not scruffy like some before, his english is impeccable, he has the perfect poker face and hang dog face and he has come from a tough neighbourhood as a youth, all in all for 1 yrs work I give him a thumbs up.

One more thing he doh dance to nobody else tune but his own.

You being sacarstic, right!!!!!!

Keep in mind that Fishs probably not living on the T&T landmass, if anything as his name implies he probably living in the seas round T&T which might be relatively crime free!!
But then again seeing all them boats regularly coming in with drugs & guns, he must have cause to wonder why Gibbs and them not doing enough about that to cut down crime in the country!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:59:36 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2011, 06:14:56 PM »
Keep in mind this man getting a bigger salary than governmnet ministers eh. Taxpayers money !

truetrini

« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »
dat greasy Canadian f**ker eh doing nutten

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2011, 08:05:17 PM »

Sandy said Gibbs and Tonto out of the country. The journo say, shouldn't he be back as this is the biggest police operation of his tenure. Sandy said its not his decision.

This is fishy. You DO NOT call a SOE and not tell your top policemen to come back and organise it. Who's in control? The doorman at Xen? This ain't right, something's up with the Canadians.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2011, 08:17:09 PM »
Sandy said Gibbs and Tonto out of the country. The journo say, shouldn't he be back as this is the biggest police operation of his tenure. Sandy said its not his decision.

This is fishy. You DO NOT call a SOE and not tell your top policemen to come back and organise it. Who's in control? The doorman at Xen? This ain't right, something's up with the Canadians.

Only with the Canadians? 

Look lemme hush before dinho come and ask mih fuh ah plan yes.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2011, 08:27:24 PM »
A SOE and the COP is out of the country? Well I have news for allyuh. In the 1970 SOE with failed coup and Black Power riots, I did remember the GG(Hochoy and His wife) out of the country. I think Eric send them out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2011, 09:00:42 PM »

Well I now coming to post that I nearly crash mih car earlier today when at the press conference the AG call on the "Acting" commissioner Williams to speak on the Police aspect of things.

I thought I was hearing things!!  Then I see Williams on de TV and ah check mih self and start to ask where is the hot shot top cop from Canada??

The most challenging situation the country facing right now and BOTH Canadians eh here??!!   Nah man, why Kamla doh tell them stay one time and save the country some money.....steups!!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2011, 09:03:47 PM »
A SOE and the COP is out of the country? Well I have news for allyuh. In the 1970 SOE with failed coup and Black Power riots, I did remember the GG(Hochoy and His wife) out of the country. I think Eric send them out.

Deeks, I'm seriously hoping you ain't suggesting that Kamla sent the country's two top policemen overseas for their safety? Coz, boy, if she did, that dengue gone muffle her brain

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2011, 08:12:25 AM »
Visa roadblock for Gibbs
By Akile Simon
Story Created: Aug 22, 2011 at 11:58 PM ECT

Commissioner of Police Dwayne Gibbs was detained by immigration officials shortly after he arrived in Brazil last Friday as he did not have a Brazilian visa.

Gibbs travelled to Brazil last Friday to be an observer at a meeting of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP). He was expected to attend the conference in which a memorandum of understanding was signed between the United States and the European Union to strengthen their ties in alleviating the drug trade through South America, West Africa and Europe.

Public Affairs director in the Police Service, Sharon Lee Assang, when contacted yesterday, said she wasn't aware of any problems encountered by Gibbs when he arrived in Brazil over the weekend.

She said, "This is the first time I am hearing that and I am amazed that sometimes you folks in the media get information long before me and I am working in the police service," Assang said.

However, Gibbs, during a telephone interview from Brazil yesterday, said he was kept at the airport for approximately four hours while officials at the Brazilian Embassy in Port of Spain arranged a visa for him.

He said he was not allowed to leave the airport by immigration officials. He said he was asked, at short notice, to be an observer at the IACP meeting.

"I wasn't informed that I needed a visa to travel to Brazil. I used my Canadian passport and when I came off the plane and headed to the terminal, I was asked for my visa which I did not have.

"I remained seated at the airport in the general area for three to four hours as people on both ends were working to sort it out. I appreciate everything everyone has done in such short space of time, given the fact it was Saturday and offices would have been closed."

After Gibbs received his visa, he was allowed to leave the airport terminal .

He is expected to return to the country later today.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Visa_roadblock_for_Gibbs-128224053.html

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2011, 08:23:08 AM »
Explains a lot.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2011, 08:25:16 AM »
What kinda idiot travels without checking visa requirements?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2011, 08:38:15 AM »

+1
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2011, 08:43:36 AM »
Explains a lot.

I don't know if it explains anything... but it sure as heck raises a lot of questions.  This on the other hand says a lot:

Public Affairs director in the Police Service, Sharon Lee Assang, when contacted yesterday, said she wasn't aware of any problems encountered by Gibbs when he arrived in Brazil over the weekend.

She said, "This is the first time I am hearing that and I am amazed that sometimes you folks in the media get information long before me and I am working in the police service," Assang said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What kind of idiot leaves the country two days before the declaration of a state of emergency on his watch?  Oh wait... the SoE wasn't planned in advance it juss kinda come up.  Okay, nevermind.

...but wait, what kinda idiot declares a State of Emergency when the chief law enforcement officer is out of the country?  Or doesn't have him fly back immediately for the biggest public safety crisis in the nation's history?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2011, 08:58:44 AM »
Damn- that must be frustrating...Did he board in T&T? Surprised they allowed him to board.  

For the U.S. at least I know the agent at the desk will check to see if you have a valid U.S. visa before even issuing you a boarding pass.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2011, 09:23:41 AM »
Damn- that must be frustrating...Did he board in T&T? Surprised they allowed him to board.  

For the U.S. at least I know the agent at the desk will check to see if you have a valid U.S. visa before even issuing you a boarding pass.

What you talking about, the man is Commmissioner of Police who checking he PP in T&T?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2011, 09:38:49 AM »

What you talking about, the man is Commmissioner of Police who checking he PP in T&T?

:rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2011, 09:47:38 AM »

He would have just walked through to the plane and left someone to check in his two, brightly coloured suitcases. Wait a minute........

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2011, 10:56:22 AM »

He would have just walked through to the plane and left someone to check in his two, brightly coloured suitcases. Wait a minute........

:rotfl: :rotfl:
FS, you are now a full fledged Trini.......yuh taking serious thing to make joke....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2011, 11:01:44 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:
FS, you are now a full fledged Trini.......yuh taking serious thing to make joke....

ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT  :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2011, 11:43:27 AM »

Aye watch yuh mouth boy. I was going and say 22 mill one way, probably 1/2 a bill de other way.  ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2011, 06:08:54 PM »
As much as I've never been Gibbs No1 supporter, this madness today about his "racist" comment is crazy. Talking about how the arrested people would be identified and imprisoned, Gibbs said "It will take time to tell who's who in the zoo"

Apparently Gibbs was making a reference to African slaves who were put in zoos.

Are they crazy? Gibbs statement, in my opinion, reflects his opinion that in this multi racial society, no sane person would equate a common phrase with racism. I often use the phrase "all over him like white on rice" Is that racist? Or "pot calling the kettle black"?   I remember the mad days in UK when they took away the word blackboard and replaced it with chalkboard so it didn't offend people of colour, while quite forgetting that white people are called "Chalky" across the world. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »
As much as I've never been Gibbs No1 supporter, this madness today about his "racist" comment is crazy. Talking about how the arrested people would be identified and imprisoned, Gibbs said "It will take time to tell who's who in the zoo"

Apparently Gibbs was making a reference to African slaves who were put in zoos.

Are they crazy? Gibbs statement, in my opinion, reflects his opinion that in this multi racial society, no sane person would equate a common phrase with racism. I often use the phrase "all over him like white on rice" Is that racist? Or "pot calling the kettle black"?   I remember the mad days in UK when they took away the word blackboard and replaced it with chalkboard so it didn't offend people of colour, while quite forgetting that white people are called "Chalky" across the world. 

You've never been likened to a monkey... so you wouldn't understand.  And I've never heard white people referred to as "chalky".

1]; } ?>