March 28, 2024, 04:04:48 AM

Author Topic: The Dwayne Gibbs Thread.  (Read 31601 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwayne Gibbs Thread.
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2012, 09:24:29 AM »
I find Gibbs shoulda throw he frame since the Nizam Mohammed incident.  That said he is now being removed so that the pee pee puppet Williams could be installed.  Just like the SOE, I have a funny feeling deep inside mih that ah just cyar shake.....

Williams want 2 b COP so he go b happy like pappy.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2012, 04:06:12 PM »
I find Gibbs shoulda throw he frame since the Nizam Mohammed incident.  That said he is now being removed so that the pee pee puppet Williams could be installed.  Just like the SOE, I have a funny feeling deep inside mih that ah just cyar shake.....

These people are so predictable with their agenda it eh funny.....steups!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2012, 08:32:21 PM »

Too bad lots of people didnt predict that on May 23rd 2010 before they voted for them the next day.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2012, 09:42:28 PM »
Jack Warner wanted gibbs out from the start.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2012, 02:49:15 AM »
No regrets
By Andre Bagoo and Darcel Choy
Wednesday, August 1 2012
T&T Newsday

POLICE COMMISSIONER Dwayne Gibbs and Deputy Commissioner Jack Ewatski — who both said they had “no regrets” over their time in Trinidad — stand to get a golden handshake of at least $2.6 million assuming a payoff based on the terms and conditions of their contracts.

The payment would be part of a larger bill totalling $10.6 million from their recruitment all the way to their leaving office.

Both men, who resigned by way of letters dated last Friday, had three-year contracts with the State and yesterday issued a statement which aimed to convey the impression that they will demit office on amicable terms.

A joint statement from both men was issued at a briefing at the Police Administration Building at Edward Street, Port-of-Spain.

“We have no regrets accepting the positions and we hope that Trinidad and Tobago will become a more peaceful place,” they said.

“We wish to assure the national community that our decision made was based on our own personal reasons,” they said, without elaborating. “We are happy to be able to put certain measures in place which we hope will continue to make the public of Trinidad and Tobago feel safer and secure.”

“We recognise, however, there is still much more to be done and we are certain that the fine officers in the organisation will continue to serve the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago to the best of their ability.” They listed some of their achievements as including: a 25 percent reduction in homicides; the establishment of a “professional standards unit”; the introduction of “modern policing approaches such as an air support” and the 21st Century policing programme, which was a sticking point with National Security Minister Jack Warner.

Both men signed contracts with the Ministry of National Security on September 20, 2010, in which they contracted certain terms above and beyond those set out by the Salaries Review Commission (SRC) for their respective posts.

Condition 14 (a) of the contract clearly states that the post-holder is to give the State at least three-month’s notice before resigning, failing which is to pay the State at least three month’s salary.

It is unclear if the State has enforced this term, amid reports that both men would have been in receipt of departure packages.

Gibbs got a monthly salary of $72,592 (styled as an “inducement allowance”) in addition to the SRC’s set salary of $25,000. Other entitlements included: travel allowance ($3,250); duty allowance ($2,650); telephone allowance ($500); a monthly “travel grant” ($5,000) and a housing allowance ($6,450). Ewatski had the same monthly arrangement, but his “inducement allowance” was $52,950.

Including an assumed “golden handshake” comprising one year’s salary, both men would have got a total of $2.6 million. Their total three-year take would be $7.6 million.

Add the cost of their recruitment under the PSC, the total process of their selection and employment cost an estimated $10.6 million.

Warner yesterday said the question of if the two Canadians would have to be compensated for the balance of their contract term would have to be answered by the acting Attorney General Ganga Singh.

Warner said although he disagreed with Gibb’s crime-fighting measures, it did not mean they did not have a social relationship.

“I did not disagree with him personally,” Warner told reporters at Piarco International Airport, where he and Government officials assembled for the arrival of Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan.

Asked if Gibbs and Ewatski had resigned of their own will, he answered, “You think you could put a gun to their backs and they would resign? You think they could hold their hands and tell them sign here? They resigned of their own free will.” He said it was the PSC who informed Government of their resignations.

“The people resigned. It was considered by the PSC. The commission accepted the resignations. The Cabinet was informed by the PSC of the resignations and the Cabinet then accepted the terms and conditions. The fact remains the commission advised that they were processing the situation to find a replacement,” said Warner.

Asked if he had met with the PSC before the top cops quit, Warner replied, “Ramesh (Deosaran, PSC chairman) was in Florida, I was in Trinidad.”

He said there was a National Security Council meeting but did not disclose what was discussed.

On what impact the resignations would have, Warner said, “the war on crime does not revolve around two people, it revolves around the TT Police Service and the law-abiding citizens of this country and therefore the fight against crime is in no way diminished.

However, he said he intends to find out why Gibbs and Ewatski resigned before their last day in office on August 7.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2012, 11:40:22 AM »
Who have regrets over free money.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2012, 11:49:15 AM »

Too bad lots of people didnt predict that on May 23rd 2010 before they voted for them the next day.

Oh gorm boy.....dat one hit mih below de belt..... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2012, 02:34:57 AM »
$2.4m for top cops
Govt approves ex-gratia payments following resignations of Gibbs, Ewatski
By Jensen LaVende (express).

THE State has taken a decision to make a total ex gratia payment of over $2 million to Canadian top cops Dwayne Gibbs and Jack Ewatski, following their resignations announced on Monday by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

The men, who signed a three-year contract in 2010, resigned 14 months before their term came to an end, amid continuous criticisms about their performance.

In a news release issued by the Attorney General's office, Acting Attorney General Ganga Singh said the men are to be paid following a recommendation approved by the National Security Council and the Cabinet.

"The Attorney General (Ag) advises that consequent upon the resignation of the Commissioner of Police, Dr Dwayne Gibbs, and the Depu- ty Commissioner of Police, Mr Jack Ewatski, the payment of ex gratia sums in the amount of $1,277,420 and $1,210,307 respectively were recommended to, and approved by, both the National Security Council and the Cabinet," the news release said.

Singh added that the recommendation was made after "consideration of all relevant facts and is in keeping with applicable industrial relations practice and the highest standards of governance".

"In a tense and highly challenging environment, both Dr Gibbs and Mr Ewatski performed their duties courageously. Their premature departure leaves an unexpired term of 14 months under their contracts of employment, with a before tax value of $1,684,557.33 and $1,590,073.33 respectively. The agreed ex gratia payments are intended to assist both gentlemen in their resettling efforts," Singh said.

In a telephone interview with the Express yesterday, Singh said the men would receive the money at the end of their service (August 7), "in recognition of service rendered".

He added that the payment was nothing new as former High Court judge Herbert Volney, when he resigned from the judiciary to contest the 2010 general election, the then Cabinet took a decision to give him an ex gratia payment.

Asked about the perception that the ex gratia payment may be the Government's way of avoiding a breach of contract lawsuit, Singh said: "Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs was very clear he was leaving because of personal reasons; there is no question about that. That does not arise at all. When Mr Volney accepted the ex gratia payment, was that a similar situation? No! The issue of that does not arise at all."

He added that the money was not a buy-out either.

In the release, Singh extended his best wishes to Gibbs and Ewatski in their future endeavours.

Speaking to members of the media prior to the start of Emancipation Day celebrations outside the Treasury Building in Port of Spain yesterday, Singh said when the resignation was brought to the National Security Council, he was part of the discussion.

Asked whether the Government offered to reject the men's resignation, Singh said the acceptance and rejection was a matter for the Police Service Commission (PSC). Asked about the perception that the men were hounded out of office, Singh said Gibbs stated he resigned for personal reasons.

Also commenting on the issue at the celebrations was Minister of National Security Jack Warner, who distanced himself from having anything to do with the men's early departure.

When asked if the early departure of the men had anything to do with investigations surrounding FIFA's accusation of impropriety by Warner, the minister said: "That makes so much of foolishness. In the first place, I keep telling you guys, what you are looking for, with respect from FIFA, nothing exist. I don't see how a remote and foolish matter like that could have any role to play in all of this. You are selling these two men short to say that, and I want to apologise to them for that statement you have just made. Don't do that; the two men, they have come here, they have given of their best, and let them leave in peace, but don't damage their image and their character."

Asked how he would rate the men's performance, Warner, who denied he was critical of Gibbs but rather "his efforts and lack thereof", said that was a matter for the PSC and not him since he has been in the position for only 29 days. He added that his criticisms "may well be" a reason for their early departure, but both men did not state why they were resigning and he did not ask.

Gibbs, who was paid a monthly salary of $120,325.52 before tax, and Ewatski, who was paid $113,576.66 monthly, both resigned from their positions via letter to the PSC on July 26. During her nationwide address on Monday night, Persad-Bissessar informed the public that the men's resignation was accepted and was effective as of August 7.

Deputy Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams, who was a contender for the CoP position in 2010, has been appointed by the PSC to act in the position until January of next year.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2012, 06:47:31 AM »
Resign but still getting paid off? Resigned under their own volition? Hmm...sure.

So would Williams be getting the same salary or something less since he doh hadda worry bout housing and relocation etc?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2012, 07:06:48 AM »
Who have regrets over free money.

Ent!!!!!
Dem fellahs make out better than any beetham bandit.........come dong to the carribean empty handed and leave as millionaires

no wonder jack have ah action man rep. look how quick he get rid of them two leeches from the taxpayers trough
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2012, 02:07:31 PM »
Resign but still getting paid off? Resigned under their own volition? Hmm...sure.

This government feel that people is fool... and on present evidence who could blame them?  You trying to tell me them fellas resign and they each get a full year's salary as a parting gift?  The de "action man" heself say he knows nothing about the circumstances of the separation... but is the National Security Council who approve the payoff?  Ent he is National Security Minister.. or maybe he was acting as Minister of Sport at that time and turn off he National Security duties fuh de weekend.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Last doubles for Ewatski on way out
« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2012, 09:35:53 AM »
Last doubles for Ewatski on way out
By Geisha Kowlessar (T&T Guardian)

Doubles with slight pepper, roti and ox-tail soup have become his favourite local dishes. Former deputy police commissioner Jack Ewatski is hoping to find such cuisine in his hometown of Winnipeg, Canada, which he boasts as having a wide array of West Indian dishes. “There is much local cuisine that I will miss. Before I get on the aircraft I’ll probably go over to the doubles stand and have a last doubles,” Ewatski said yesterday. In an interview yesterday at the Police Administration Building, Port-of-Spain, Ewatski pledged his support to the country and to newly-appointed acting Police Commissioner Stephen Williams. Spending his final hours packing away files, Ewatski also tided his closet containing his khaki uniforms and dark brown shoes, which were returned to the Police Service. In a farewell luncheon at Police Administration Building yesterday, Ewatski said he was heartened by the words of encouragement of his former staff, including clerks. He added: “Many people had expressed to me the value they thought that I brought to the TTPS in my short period of time here and that makes me feel very good. “Many of them have told me what memories they are going to have of me and what type of impression that I have left in their minds, both professionally and personally. That makes me feel really good and it reinforces I did add something of value to this organisation.”

Saying he has had very good talks with Williams even before his acting appointment, Ewatski described his relationship with Williams as courteous and professional. He said: “I have had some very good talks with Mr Williams. I reinforced the fact that we needed to work together, we need to tap in competencies and the skills of everybody within the organisation whether it be at the senior level... at all ranks in the organisation. “Some of the best ideas come from the lower ranks and we needed to really utilise that... and let people use imagination on how that can improve the Police Service,” Ewatski said. He also wished Williams the best of luck in his new portfolio, adding the role of Police Commissioner was a “tough job.” He said: “Whether it be the Commissioner of Police in Trinidad and Tobago or the chief of police somewhere else, it is a very difficult job. “There are many things which you have to balance. I think Mr Williams has got a very strong team and I told him whenever he wants to communicate I certainly would be interested and I am interested because I have invested in the future of this police organisation.” He said Williams’ response to final talks also was very encouraging. Ewatski also expressed confidence in Williams’ ability to effectively tackle crime and to properly command his charges.

He added: “I always have had a very good relationship with Mr Williams and he knows what needs to be done in terms of addressing the issue of crime but also in terms of the transformation of the Police Service. “We are on the same page in terms of wanting to strengthen this Police Service and I know he has some of his own ideas. He’s going to build on some of the things that have occurred over the last two years and I am encouraged by that.” He said his discussions with Williams also extended to the new deputy police commissioners as part of implementing strategies and improving the organisation. Ewatski, however, urged all officers to strive to rebuild the public confidence, saying this was a primary factor in tackling crime. He said: “Building public confidence is absolutely critical and everybody needs to continue to work on that and never take it for granted that you have the public trust and confidence just because we are the police. “We need to continue to build that and without that we are not going to move ahead. As a Police Service we are not going to be more effective if we don’t build on that. I know Mr Williams and the other members of the executive understand that too.” The impression which Ewatski also hopes to leave behind are his management skills. He said treating people with respect and dignity were also crucial in managing an efficient Police Service. He added: “Many of them commented on my management style and I hope they see the value of that... in treating people in a very humanistic way. “It’s very important, whether it be the very junior officers or the very senior officers, people have to be treated as human beings.”

He described his fondest memories since coming to Trinidad and Tobago almost two years ago was the warmth of the people and the friendships he has forged within the Police Service and in the various communities. He added: “Despite all the bacchanal that goes on constantly in the country, I have had tremendous interaction with people who are genuinely warm and friendly and I have been embraced by many people in this country and they made me feel very comfortable. “That was important... being far away from home in a very difficult challenging position... to be able to develop relationships with people. This has been very supportive to me and that has given me the strength that goes well beyond my family I have at home. “Obviously my family have always been supportive but having the support of people locally has been important and that will be fondest memory... those quality individuals who I have had the honour to have some interaction with and build relationships with.”

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2012, 10:11:08 AM »
Dem two canadians get back bite from the government, lol, the opposition could not have scripted this any better, SoE when they absent, make dem scape goats, bad talk everything they tried...I cannot undersatnd why???

Trouble is the opposition silence is deafening

1]; } ?>