March 28, 2024, 10:39:46 AM

Author Topic: Eve, Marcelle appointed assistants for Olympic team.  (Read 4389 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Eve, Marcelle appointed assistants for Olympic team.
« on: November 26, 2010, 06:03:55 AM »
Eve, Marcelle appointed assistants for Olympic team.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National Under 23 team head coach Zoran Vranes will have former National midfielder Angus Eve and Clint Marcelle as his two assistants as preparations step up with this country’s Olympic team ahead of the 2012 Olympic Games in England.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation made the appointments of Eve and Marcelle,both former senior team  and English-based professionals.

And longstanding administrator Norris Ferguson has been appointed as the manager of the team while Jefferson George will take up the position of goalkeeper coach for the team which comprises of several players who participated at the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Cup and 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Youth Cup in Egypt.

Both Marcelle and Eve have also played for T&T at the Under 23 and other related teams at the youth level. The 42-year-old Marcelle played in Portugal and England from 1991-2006 and lined up for the likes of Barnsley, Falgueiras, West Bromwich Albion, Sc**thorpe, Hull City, Darlington and Grimsby Town among other clubs.

Marcelle is also a past coach with  DirecTV North East Stars. The 37-year-old  Eve meantime played for Chester City in England and also lined up locally for Defence Force, Joe Public and San Juan Jabloteh.

He has been working as a coach for Ma Pau FC and was also an assistant coach with San Juan Jabloteh. Eve is listed as the player with the most senior international appearances for T&T at 117.

Vranes emphasized the importance of kickstarting the preparations of the Under 23 team and is looking forward to having both men as part of his coaching staff.

“Well this group of players possess tremendous experience of having played in two World Cups at the youth level and already we are seeing some of them on the Senior Team. I think they have the ability to become a really good senior team in the future,” Vranes told TTFF Media.

“And we have arranged a staff that is capable of coming together and working in the best interest of taking the team forward to the Olympics and other international competitions.

I know both individuals and what they are capable of in terms of the knowledge of the game and hopefully we can prepare the team in the best possible way. We will work on creating a good understanding and bond within the team.”

Vranes said he was looking ahead to the start of training following the Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals and the TTFF FA Trophy tournament. The full technical staff will be finalized and announced in due course
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 07:44:17 AM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Eve, Marcelle apointed assistans for Olympic team.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 07:01:31 AM »
Vranes is u-20 or u-23 coach? Or is the same side? I just glad it wasn't Anton Corneal who get appointed again...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 07:03:11 AM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 07:32:53 AM »
Who is the u17 coach of T&T

he is very important...we have to continue success at the youth level and keep it consistent so the future of the National team will have a quality pool...

Develop some defenders and midfielders...we have alot of strikers young and old

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 07:37:12 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 07:42:03 AM »
Congrats to Angus and Clint... if Clint have any major say, dem youths in for a lot of running!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 07:46:41 AM »
I just glad it wasn't Anton Corneal who get appointed again...

CO-SIGNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Eve, Marcelle appointed assistants for Olympic team.
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 09:37:26 AM »
Good appointments. True diehard warriors. Cornmeal need to chill.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 11:38:40 AM »
Eve cyar be 37
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 11:51:59 AM »
       I agree true diehard warriors but what make them good appointments,they both have good track records as international and club players but what's their international coaching record,these guys will be dealing with our Youth teams,the same thing being labelled about Latapy will be labelled about them,it seems the TTFF doing a good job these days,Jamall and his programs,now appointments of Marcelle and Eve.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 12:30:11 PM »
       I agree true diehard warriors but what make them good appointments,they both have good track records as international and club players but what's their international coaching record,these guys will be dealing with our Youth teams,the same thing being labelled about Latapy will be labelled about them,it seems the TTFF doing a good job these days,Jamall and his programs,now appointments of Marcelle and Eve.

As Rudder  once said ...it is strange ..the more we change ..rearrange ...everything remains the same ..as we move into the next century ...1990 please make a liar of me ...Jamal's programmes ??? ...the senior coach having no previous experience in coaching .....

What has been the experience of Marcelle and Eve with regard to coaching ? ..oh I get it ...This is where you give their player history ...

So you see I really feel the TTFF does take we for de big man from st james dat Santa tie like ah cow in morvah ... sun and rain bussing we tail but we kyah get away ....

New day ...shop open for business ....selling de same thing ! come and buy ....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 05:44:31 AM »
Vranes is u-20 or u-23 coach? Or is the same side? I just glad it wasn't Anton Corneal who get appointed again...

Anton Corneal is currently the director of youth development for the TTFF !!  :o
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 06:35:31 AM »

Anton Corneal is currently the director of youth development for the TTFF !!  :o

jah boy flex...ignorance was bliss...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 08:12:28 AM »

D fella might have good ideas dat is aok we doh implement ideas in TNT just ask LP. So he good dey. Just doh make him coach of 1 of dem yute teams ah beg yuh pls.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 09:59:32 AM »

:( Yuh eh lie dey at all.....de man gone from spoilin' one or two mango to poisonin' de whole tree! LAWD, help we!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 10:00:53 AM »

D fella might have good ideas dat is aok we doh implement ideas in TNT just ask LP. So he good dey. Just doh make him coach of 1 of dem yute teams ah beg yuh pls.
       Could you explain to my why?if Marcel and Eve can coach i think he can,coaching don't go by who you like or don't like,it's based on successes.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 10:55:56 AM »

Coops these fellas are not the coaches of the teams they are the assistants ... sounds like a good opportunity to gain experience under a fairly experienced coach who has been getting decent results with our teams ... I fail to see the conflict here. We have to keep looking outside because we aren't developing our own.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 11:00:43 AM »

:( Yuh eh lie dey at all.....de man gone from spoilin' one or two mango to poisonin' de whole tree! LAWD, help we!

ahahaha  :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »

Coops these fellas are not the coaches of the teams they are the assistants ... sounds like a good opportunity to gain experience under a fairly experienced coach who has been getting decent results with our teams ... I fail to see the conflict here. We have to keep looking outside because we aren't developing our own.
      Don't read me wrong here,i have no problem with any Coach chosen to work with our teams i does just wish every one the best because i know from personal experience what's it like to work with T&T teams,my whole thing is don't dis Anton for these guys because he did a damn good job.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 04:22:25 PM »

Don't read me wrong here,i have no problem with any Coach chosen to work with our teams i does just wish every one the best because i know from personal experience what's it like to work with T&T teams,my whole thing is don't dis Anton for these guys because he did a damn good job.

If yuh really want to know the truth, anton wasn't really coaching these teams like most of us think he was.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 04:52:17 PM »

If yuh really want to know the truth, anton wasn't really coaching these teams like most of us think he was.

Really then who was ALVIN? I sure is he who went and talk bout IPOD. So I guess now as head of youth development his 1st assignment was 2 band IPODS.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »

Really then who was ALVIN? I sure is he who went and talk bout IPOD. So I guess now as head of youth development his 1st assignment was 2 band IPODS.

Nah, Weary, I really specifically talkin' 'bout back when he was "coaching" the youth team that went to Korea......he really wasn't the man runnin' that team (it was WIM) and I wouldn't be surprised if any team he was running thereafter was being run the same way:  Anton as figurehead gettin' all credit, but really being an assistant to a higher being. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »

Nah, Weary, I really specifically talkin' 'bout back when he was "coaching" the youth team that went to Korea......he really wasn't the man runnin' that team (it was WIM) and I wouldn't be surprised if any team he was running thereafter was being run the same way:  Anton as figurehead gettin' all credit, but really being an assistant to a higher being. 

Yeah Wim was in charge dat is y dat team qualify u eh c d next team fall down bad in Mexico.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 07:14:15 PM »

Could you tell me where Wim was when that team went to N Korea?Anton working with our national teams even before Benie so who you think should get some credit,our national team Coaches always work as assistants to what ever foreign Coach we acquire,that does not mean they are not our natinal team Coaches.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 07:25:51 PM »

Could you tell me where Wim was when that team went to N Korea?Anton working with our national teams even before Benie so who you think should get some credit,our national team Coaches always work as assistants to what ever foreign Coach we acquire,that does not mean they are not our natinal team Coaches.

He was wit dat team when dey beat JA in JA 2 qualify and subsequently went Korea wit dem. I eh askin u 4get dat is meh man I must know he whereabouts.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 07:28:07 PM »

He was wit dat team when dey beat JA in JA 2 qualify and subsequently went Korea wit dem. I eh askin u 4get dat is meh man I must know he whereabouts.

:D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 09:06:04 PM »

If I remember correctly, wim went to Korea, too.  Also, I happened to be at home some months before that tournament in Korea and I went to watch them play a friendly against I forget who it was, but anton was so-called runnin' the team on the sidelines but wim was the man addressing the team before the game, at the half and after the game.  And he wasn't addressin' dem like he was no consultant or assistant coach.  anton was hush-mouth on the side like he was a player too.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 05:14:46 AM »

If I remember correctly, wim went to Korea, too.  Also, I happened to be at home some months before that tournament in Korea and I went to watch them play a friendly against I forget who it was, but anton was so-called runnin' the team on the sidelines but wim was the man addressing the team before the game, at the half and after the game.  And he wasn't addressin' dem like he was no consultant or assistant coach.  anton was hush-mouth on the side like he was a player too.
     Right now our National U17 playing in a tournament Shawn Cooper is the Coach, Anton Corneal is also their who getting the credit for the team?   

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 06:50:23 AM »

Right now our National U17 playing in a tournament Shawn Cooper is the Coach, Anton Corneal is also their who getting the credit for the team?   

Shawn Cooper so because Anton got d credit mean is he dat deserve it. Jack does get credit 4 all kind ah ting in we football dat eh say squat.

1]; } ?>