March 29, 2024, 12:22:04 AM

Author Topic: T&T go down 2-0 to Cuba  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T go down 2-0 to Cuba
« on: November 26, 2010, 08:17:06 PM »
T&T go down 2-0 to Cuba.
digicelfootball.com.

Cuba opened the Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals here in Martinique in fine style by beating Trinidad and Tobago 2-0.

After comprehensively wining Group F, 2006 Digicel champions Trinidad and Tobago started brightly and after a well rehearsed short corner routine Keon Daniel worked his way to the edge of the Cuban box and smashed his shot across the goal and just wide.

Cuba then took the game to the Caribbean heavyweights and passed the ball with purpose, looking dangerous as they swept forward. Duarte Pla had managed to impress enough to keep his starting place in the Cuban team and was keen to justify his selection as he led the line well causing considerable trouble to Kern Cupid at the heart of the Trinidad defence..

It was the impressive midfield general and Captain Jaine Valencia who opened the scoring between these two giants when the ball broke kindly for him on the edge of the box and he smashed it past a flying Williams from 18 yards on the half volley to put the Cubans one up.

Rather than the expected immediate fightback the growing crowd expected, it was the Cubans who continued to dominate and looked more likely to increase their lead as the half wore on with Duarte Pla and Campanioni a constant thorn in the side of the Trinidad defence.

Half time saw coach Latapy ring out the changes as Cyrus and Gay came on to add more potency to the Soca Warriors attack.

The changes however seemed to have little effect as the Cubans steamrolled over the Soca boys in midfield and only for a previous infringement that ruled out a second goal for Cuba, things could have been a lot worse.

The game ebbed and flowed and two decisive changes from Cuban coach Triana paid dividends after only two minutes when the substitutes combined to score Cuba’s second and move the game beyond the reach of Trinidad.

After some neat build up play from the back, a lacklustre Trinidad defense was found missing when Balmaseda broke free and when left with a one on one with the keeper selflessly squared for Salor, whose initial shot, although blocked on the line by a retreating defender, was happily smashed into the roof of the net by a jubilant Balmaseda on the rebound.

Things turned from bad to worse for Trinidad after that as Peltier was given a straight red for an off the ball incident spotted by the watchful eye of the assistant referee Venton Mars.

With Cuban centre half Molina eating up any attempt of a Trinidad fightback, the Cubans were content to take the little that Soca Warriors had to offer and see out their opening Digicel Cup Finals game with a win.

For the Soca Warriors it would not have been the start they wanted or that their under pressure coach Latapy would have wished for but with the team looking less impressive and void of any real ideas in going forward, one worries for their future ambitions in the tournament.

The Digicel Cup Finals will be played from November 26 through to December 5 in Martinique with live television broadcast worldwide courtesy of Digicel as well as live radio coverage, images and updates on www.digicelfootball.com.

Teams

Trinidad &Tobago: - 1.Jan Michael Williams; 5.Kern Cupid, 3.Yohance Marshall (6.Daneil Cyrus 46th) 12.Julius James, 14.Joevin Jones; 2.Clyde Leon (capt), 8.Trent Noel (7.Hughtun Hector 67th), 15.Lester Peltier (Red 84'), 19.Keon Daniel, 4.Kerry Baptiste (17.Jamal Gay 46th), 9.Devon Jorsling.

Coach: - Russell Latapy.

Cuba: - 1.Odelin Molina Hernandez, 2.Carlos D. Francisco Serrano, 3.Jeniet Marquez Molina, 4.Hanier Dranguet Cantillo, 6.Yoel Colome (17.J Valencia), 7.Marcel Hernandez Companioni, 8.Jaine Colome Valencia (capt), 11.Sander Fernandez Cervantes (13.Adonis Soler 78th), 14.Aliannis Urgelles Montoya, 15.Armando Curumeaux Isidoro, 19.Leonel Duarte Pla (10.Roberto Balmaseda 78th).

Coach: - Raul Gonzalez Triana.

Standings

P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
Cuba  1  1  0  0  2  0  3
Grenada  1  0  1  0  1  1  1
Martinique  1  0  1  0  1  1  1
Trinidad & Tobago  1  0  0  1  0  2  0

Referee: Stanley Lancaster.
Assistant Referee 1: Venton Mars
Assistant Referee 2: Graeme Browne
Match Commissioner: Dale Spencer (Jamaica)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 06:04:50 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: T&T go down 2-0 to Cuba
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 08:25:08 PM »
wow. im speechless really.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 08:32:30 PM »

Y wit we football always hope 4 d best but expect dat want happen 2nite will happen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:13:18 PM »
why everybody surprised... despite de improved results against St Vincent, Guyana and Haiti (hear dem teams nah) ... how much better were de performances?  :-\
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 09:14:55 PM »
why everybody surprised... despite de improved results against St Vincent, Guyana and Haiti (hear dem teams nah) ... how much better were de performances?  :-\

Boi after I c dat JA game I done I c nuff crap under MATS but dat game v JA make me change direction.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 09:32:19 PM »
After comprehensively wining Group F

Trinis always wining on something.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 09:41:49 PM »

ent! people get loss in a fantasy after we beat them teams. People like they fraid the truth. When you bad talk the team or coach, u gone against. Not a single man who was defending the team and latas talking now. You go see if we win the next game how they go jump on they hole, and is party again.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 10:06:36 PM »

:rotfl: Eman oh gawddddddd

ent! people get loss in a fantasy after we beat them teams. People like they fraid the truth. When you bad talk the team or coach, u gone against. Not a single man who was defending the team and latas talking now. You go see if we win the next game how they go jump on they hole, and is party again.

D national bird should b an ostrich we luv 2 bury we head in d sand and because yuh critical yuh is a waggonist. NONESENSE I supportin meh team but d days of goin through hoops/changing meh schedule eh happenin that eh mean I eh supporting meh side. But at some point JULIA ROBERTS NEED 2 SHOW UP AND SAY ENOUGHHHHHHHHHHH.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 10:10:36 PM »
Stop drinkin de kool aid people
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 10:13:39 PM »
Stop drinkin de kool aid people

It worked so well 4 Jim Jones etal so we drinkin and drinkin and drinkin.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »

Why .... lol

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 11:06:38 PM »

:rotfl: Eman oh gawddddddd

D national bird should b an ostrich we luv 2 bury we head in d sand and because yuh critical yuh is a waggonist. NONESENSE I supportin meh team but d days of goin through hoops/changing meh schedule eh happenin that eh mean I eh supporting meh side. But at some point JULIA ROBERTS NEED 2 SHOW UP AND SAY ENOUGHHHHHHHHHHH.
Until we start winning again consistently and we're an arms length from the WC in brazil.

the only thing could make me stop support the team is the administration, whether we winnin or losin, if the administration disruptive then i eh want tuh support the team under those circumstances, but we dun know it would take time and ah gallant effort tuh remove them, but until then, the boys need the support! and what you doing is not consistent with being supportive.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:10:35 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 11:15:11 PM »

Ah callin out KND and andre samuel, allyuh comment nah.
We get some wins vs minnows and they start to preen.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 11:40:42 PM »
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 11:43:59 PM »
I goin brazil in 2014 yes...me eh know bout the national team though.  

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 11:45:16 PM »

Dais wha we talking bout!!!.... :beermug: :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 12:18:21 AM »
aye look...we had a game today...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 12:56:33 AM »
anil will be firing on all cylinders if latas fail to win the whole thing
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 12:58:24 AM by Controversial »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 02:08:07 AM »
anil will be firing on all cylinders if latas fail to win the whole thing
FYI, anil cannot fire latas, it will be in direct violation to fifa rules. the most he could do is hold back on funding if the federation don't fire him.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 03:24:51 AM »
I just saw this result while watching Birchall play for LA in Australia. He is technically better and has a better workrate than any of our current midfielders. I really wonder about the reasoning for him not being on the team.
TnT Patriot

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 04:00:31 AM »
aye look...we had a game today...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh lawd Midknight ah weak!!!!

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 05:07:43 AM »
Jack probably done have he foreign coach line up for after this tournament.  This might very well be Latas' last hurrah.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 05:16:51 AM »
Same thing I said, I will give Latas resect when he deserve it. We beat St Vincent, scrape pass Guyana !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and beat a Haitian under 23 side and everbody jumping on Latapy toetee.

Latas is a dunce yo !!!

Ah hope Martinique beat we too, this is the only way we will get rid of Latapy, Ross, David Muhummad and Lincoln.

We got flase hope after we beat some weak teams and Latas feel he ready....

Did he even do his home work ?

As I said, everybody happy until we next defeat.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 05:55:44 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 05:48:31 AM »
Totally unacceptable!!!

And from the 'independent' match report it seemed like men vs boys....

Lets see what David Mohammed and Latas say about this....

Soca Warrior for life!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 07:48:29 AM »
Ah hope Martinique beat we too, this is the only way we will get rid of Latapy, Ross, David Muhummad and Lincoln.

We have bigger problems dan dem.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 08:07:16 AM »

Dais wha we talking bout!!!.... :beermug: :beermug:

ENT WIT OR WITOUT
Jack probably done have he foreign coach line up for after this tournament.  This might very well be Latas' last hurrah.

Yuh sayin dat like yuh not sure. Leh we hope he last out d tournament b4 d axe get drop.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 08:12:43 AM »
2 - 0 is not a good results.

but this sort of thing happens. 
Lets see how the team responds

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 08:31:30 AM »
Latas is just a VERY small part of a bigger problem.Is only 2 men in the last 20 something yrs were allowed to pick the players dey wanted, one was Gally and the other was Bennie.All other coaches must get a stamp of approval for team selection.Some even had the players selected for them.
We must get to the root of the problem first,but that seem to be had to come by with all these secret elections.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 09:20:43 AM »

Nice, my yute. Nuff said rite dey, talk tuh dem fuh meh. Ah still standing firm for my Latapy, meh back against de wall wid meh T**  n**e and ah not backing down. If Latapy fail, I will be de first to admit I was wrong. Nuff days ah checking out de forum, as ah guest and just reading posts from de bunch ah 2 face members here. Is not too many, but we definitely have a few of dem here. Like I said a long time ago, is bare bowllate fuh all yuh, straight. Like I said before, some ah all yuh probably do have ah life or do not get any forkin sex.

Miami Heat

I does keep it real. So wid dat said, I will be de first to admit dat I am disappointed and sort of embarrassed wid de way meh team playing so far. Seeing that de coaching staff still trying to figure things out, between now and early March I can live wid losing to Boston, Orlando, Lakers, Denver, Oklahoma, Chicago(may be) and ah might even squeze in Atlanta, cuz dey known for showing up in de regular season and choking in de first round of de playoffs. But yuh see de Indiana, Memphis, Timberwolves, Jersey, Toronto, etc, tuh lose tuh dem, is what does hurt meh. Any way, as long as Riley dey, de team will work out dey problem very soon, ah not panicking and ah not worried at all, and ah mean dat. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 05:38:17 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 09:50:03 AM »

i hope they respond positive, because it have no more excuses. although people still finding them
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>