April 29, 2024, 09:58:41 AM

Author Topic: T&T go down 2-0 to Cuba  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: T&T go down 2-0 to Cuba
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 10:06:25 AM »
Latas is one loss away from losing his job!
That is sad....!

Offline TTvibes

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2010, 12:37:18 PM »
                        PSYCHO-ANLYSIS OF A YOUNG TEAM.
In trying to get a young team to conform to a standard of football they are not accustomed to as yet takes time, and time is not what Latas has.

It seems Latas has not learned from previous managers of T&T football and even in Jamaica who tried to go the local route in rebuilding the national team but failed.

Losing to Cuba was not surprising; an experience team will have a psychological edge most of time over a young team.

An experience player knows what it takes mentally to play international football. To make the necessary adjustments throughout the course of a game and not get confuse with respect to what the opponent is doing.

On the other hand the inexperience player gets confused easily; he’s in unfamiliar territory and finds it difficult to adjust. When he looks around it’s happening to most of his team mates.

What’s he to do tell the players to give him the ball, or to slow down the pace, or say to his team mates make short passes instead of long ones, we need to be more compact defensively etc? A young player does not assume this kind of responsibility of being the coach on the field; he’s having enough trouble worrying about how he’s playing.

Of all the positions on the field no coach can compromise having too many inexperience in midfield; Latas having mostly inexperience players in midfield is either into wishful thinking or doesn't the difference between the two. This is the engine room, can‘t compromise there. 

Very few inexperience player (though talented) can just adapt to the mental challenges encountered at this level of footballl.

Latas should have learnt a while back when his team struggled against weaker Caribbean teams, that the local base players are not ready for top flight football; that they needed to be groomed for top flight football not just inserted into it indiscriminately.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2010, 02:30:19 PM »
Of all the positions on the field no coach can compromise having too many inexperience in midfield; Latas having mostly inexperience players in midfield is either into wishful thinking or doesn't the difference between the two. This is the engine room, can‘t compromise there.  [/color] This statement also indicates the inexperience of the coach. Remember what he said after the second Jamaica game? " We had trouble adjusting defensively in the midfield...Jamacia played in a 3-5-2 and we usually play against teams who play in a 4-4-2..." Experienced coaches know that whenever you have a 4-4-2 vs 3-5-2 you will always have problems in the midfield because you are outnumbered. There is also an indication that the team was not prepared to deal with any other tactical approach by the opponent, which seems to be the case in every game where we are playing against teams with competent players and coaches. If the coach cannot present a clear tactical plan with defined responsibilities for each of the players and their units and without a decisive approach to attacking and defending scenarios as a team...you asking your players to just play football and that's not good enough.
Further, when I hear that players performance attitude is lackluster I have to think about their motivation...I really wonder how motivated these players are for the following reasons...
1. Have they been paid for their services from the previous set of games...if players did not get paid after playing in a World Cup...what is the likelyhood of me getting paid for Caribbean qulifying games????
2. If the coach is trying to use predominantly inexperienced players for this stage of qualifying...where do I stand once we qualify????
3. If the coach is not presenting us with a clear tactical plan and has not provided a long therm strategy towards building a competitive team...how much confidnce do the players have in the coach????
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2010, 03:13:53 PM »

1. Have they been paid for their services from the previous set of games...if players did not get paid after playing in a World Cup...what is the likelyhood of me getting paid for Caribbean qulifying games????

from what Shaka say, they were not paid, prior to d last 3 games they play in Trinidad. Don't know if they get paid yet
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline TTvibes

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2010, 03:37:42 PM »
Of all the positions on the field no coach can compromise having too many inexperience in midfield; Latas having mostly inexperience players in midfield is either into wishful thinking or doesn't the difference between the two. This is the engine room, can‘t compromise there.  [/color] This statement also indicates the inexperience of the coach. Remember what he said after the second Jamaica game? " We had trouble adjusting defensively in the midfield...Jamacia played in a 3-5-2 and we usually play against teams who play in a 4-4-2..." Experienced coaches know that whenever you have a 4-4-2 vs 3-5-2 you will always have problems in the midfield because you are outnumbered. There is also an indication that the team was not prepared to deal with any other tactical approach by the opponent, which seems to be the case in every game where we are playing against teams with competent players and coaches. If the coach cannot present a clear tactical plan with defined responsibilities for each of the players and their units and without a decisive approach to attacking and defending scenarios as a team...you asking your players to just play football and that's not good enough.
Further, when I hear that players performance attitude is lackluster I have to think about their motivation...I really wonder how motivated these players are for the following reasons...
2. If the coach is trying to use predominantly inexperienced players for this stage of qualifying...where do I stand once we qualify????
3. If the coach is not presenting us with a clear tactical plan and has not provided a long therm strategy towards building a competitive team...how much confidnce do the players have in the coach????

I heard someone said on another thread "that rebuilding shouldn't be about starting from scratch, but about building from what was." dat eh true word.

We all know Latas is inexperience, but that shouldn't mean lacking football sense; his approach could be considered lacking football sense, or competence.

Fine, he choose a local base squad in prelims, by the end of the prelims he should have figure out that the local base will not cut it at a higher level if they struggled at a lesser level.

I don't know what Latas is thinking, but if his motivation was to build a inexperience side into a commanding one in short order then he's attempting something that has never being done in the Caribbean or the CONCACAF.

Fools Gold indeed; Either he's full of himself having a strange confidence in his unproven coaching ability, or he doesn't really understand football from a coaching standpoint.

All the great coaches will tell you; a team have to have the best players to compete and win; that they can't take mediocrity and make them great in short order.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2010, 04:09:56 PM »
I not putting all the blame for the team on Latapy.

I think he is doing a good job and is the right man for the job.

yes results are poor but everything takes time.

This will take time.

The other factor we have to look at is the caliber of men on the field.

we should beat the caribbean teams but talent wise we cannot be a force in concacaf at the moment

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2010, 05:57:12 PM »
Andre say that Cornell suffer from JETLAG is why he eh play. Jetlag from USA 2 Martinque. He say that he will be playing 2mor.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2010, 08:37:42 AM »
I not putting all the blame for the team on Latapy.

I think he is doing a good job and is the right man for the job.

yes results are poor but everything takes time.

This will take time.

The other factor we have to look at is the caliber of men on the field.

we should beat the caribbean teams but talent wise we cannot be a force in concacaf at the moment

KND let's ignore results for the moment.
What indicators you have that Latas doin a good job?
I really curious.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2010, 08:45:49 AM »
Plead the 5th KND ....de man trying to lead you into the black hole ...from which there is no return ...you cannot defend the indefensible .... evidence too strong against you here ...and besides ...Perry Mason dead already  :devil:

1]; } ?>