March 28, 2024, 06:10:00 AM

Author Topic: Fenwick: T&T lacked commitment and coaching ideas.  (Read 9769 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick: T&T lacked commitment and coaching ideas.
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 01:18:26 PM »
nice analysis.

:beermug:

As 4 Cornell inclusion and non selection 2 make all yuh feel d BLACKLIST DONE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2010, 01:18:46 PM »
Fenwick is a real bamsee..........ah hate when ah have to admit he making sense, but this time he is. Latas need to understand what his limitations are and should have found experienced help, even if he had to pay for it himself. After all de years he spend around de system, he take de wuk and didn't prepare at all to deal with de same obstacles that our coaches have faced throughout the years. I woulda thought that any coach taking de wuk hadda have a well thought out plan of action for every stage of this mission. Instead of being 5 steps ahead, it seems like Latas still being surprised by de shit that coming up. Unfackingbelievable!
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »
We terrible in transition, especially from offense to defense. We speed of play unbeliavably slow. Them players not so bad technically, but when asked to execute at a higher pace, confusion and disarray set in. Ah cyah understand and was hoping it wasn't true bout de continued insistence by people who have witnessed practices referring to the low intensity and walking pace. Lawd! Come nah man Latas
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline TTvibes

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2010, 02:00:15 PM »
                                      THE PSYCHO-ANLYSIS OF A YOUNG TEAM.
In trying to get a young team to conform to a standard of football they are not accustomed to as yet takes time, and time is not what Latas has.

It seems Latas has not learned from previous managers of T&T football and even in Jamaica who tried to go the local route in rebuilding the national team but failed.
Losing to Cuba was not surprising; an experience team will have a psychological edge most of time over a young team.

An experience player knows what it takes mentally to play international football. To make the necessary adjustments throughout the course of a game and not get confuse with respect to what the opponent is doing.

On the other hand the inexperience player gets confused easily; he’s in unfamiliar territory and finds it difficult to adjust. When he looks around it’s happening to most of his team mates.

What’s he to do tell the players to give him the ball, or to slow down the pace, or say to his team mates make short passes instead of long ones, we need to be more compact defensively etc? A young player does not assume this kind of responsibility of being the coach on the field; he’s having enough trouble worrying about how he’s playing.

Of all the positions on the field no coach can compromise having too many inexperience players in midfield much less having mostly inexperience players as in this case with Latas picks. This is the engine room, can‘t compromise there. 

Latas should have learnt a while back when his team struggled against weaker Caribbean teams, that the local base players are not ready for top flight football; that they needed to be groomed for top flight football not
just inserted into it indiscriminately.

AirMan

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2010, 02:16:16 PM »
So what did Jorsling do ?..ent he suppose to be the next big striker from the pro league ?..or he only bussing net against small caribbean teams ?..

Just de odder day man in here was saying "we dont need Stern, dem fellas too old" ..

Also i think this team needs more experienced players...hopefully they prove me wrong in the near future
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:19:48 PM by AirMan »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »
So what did Jorsling do ?..ent he suppose to be the next big striker from the pro league ?..or he only bussing net against small caribbean teams ?..

Just de odder day man in here was saying "we dont need Stern, dem fellas too old" ..

Also i think this team needs more experienced players...hopefully they prove me wrong in the near future

When we play weak opposition, it easy to get ball to the forwards. But when you get a tactically sound team it is very difficult to served effective balls to them. In the PFL and against weaker Carib team Jorsling was having a fieldday. I almost sure yesterday he was only getting one set ah long ball. To be honest Stern would not have made a difference. I thought as a mid general, Latas would have help develop some young protoges. We are weak at that position. People has said in so many different ways that our transition game is either non-existent, to slow or confused. But don't give up we have 2 games to go,

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2010, 03:01:25 PM »
I am curious. Was this a personal letter to Flex or was it meant for public consumption.

Becz if it's the latter, then Fewick come out with all guns blazing.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 03:09:01 PM »
I am curious. Was this a personal letter to Flex or was it meant for public consumption.

Becz if it's the latter, then Fewick come out with all guns blazing.

VB

could be frustration, i doh blame him
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

AirMan

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2010, 03:18:50 PM »

When we play weak opposition, it easy to get ball to the forwards. But when you get a tactically sound team it is very difficult to served effective balls to them. In the PFL and against weaker Carib team Jorsling was having a fieldday. I almost sure yesterday he was only getting one set ah long ball. To be honest Stern would not have made a difference. I thought as a mid general, Latas would have help develop some young protoges. We are weak at that position. People has said in so many different ways that our transition game is either non-existent, to slow or confused. But don't give up we have 2 games to go,

Its not about Stern not making a difference..The Stern reference was to point out how we LOVE to believe we have alot of players to choose from and obviously we do not...we like to think so and that is why we quick to say "we dont need Stern and dem fellas anymore" because we love to believe we have alot more players who are more capable to choose from, when that has not been proven. This game definitley did not prove it
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 03:21:22 PM by AirMan »

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2010, 05:13:38 PM »
Could not give the most important reason for TT performance.

So easy to say all that basics to any losing team.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2010, 05:40:33 PM »
Cuba were made to look good only because we were so bad, we have good players looking awful because they haven't been coached or informed of their responsibility within the team structure.....  very basic organization is missing."

"Grenada and Martinique looked poor to me, T&T should beat both of these sides but I just don't believe the players have any spirit or confidence in Russell, it could go very wrong if we don't get off to a good start against the next team, ended Fenwick."

I have been saying this forever, yet everytime we lose on here, everybody argues about who we pick. granted that might help plaster the sore due to the experience of the player, it does not hide the fact that tactical the bench is not in the game.

bringing back a Birchall would make him look just as bad in the current setup.

THE PSYCHO-ANLYSIS OF A YOUNG TEAM.
In trying to get a young team to conform to a standard of football they are not accustomed to as yet takes time, and time is not what Latas has.

It seems Latas has not learned from previous managers of T&T football and even in Jamaica who tried to go the local route in rebuilding the national team but failed.
Losing to Cuba was not surprising; an experience team will have a psychological edge most of time over a young team.

An experience player knows what it takes mentally to play international football. To make the necessary adjustments throughout the course of a game and not get confuse with respect to what the opponent is doing.

On the other hand the inexperience player gets confused easily; he’s in unfamiliar territory and finds it difficult to adjust. When he looks around it’s happening to most of his team mates.

What’s he to do tell the players to give him the ball, or to slow down the pace, or say to his team mates make short passes instead of long ones, we need to be more compact defensively etc? A young player does not assume this kind of responsibility of being the coach on the field; he’s having enough trouble worrying about how he’s playing.

Of all the positions on the field no coach can compromise having too many inexperience players in midfield much less having mostly inexperience players as in this case with Latas picks. This is the engine room, can‘t compromise there. 

Latas should have learnt a while back when his team struggled against weaker Caribbean teams, that the local base players are not ready for top flight football; that they needed to be groomed for top flight football not
just inserted into it indiscriminately.

i agree to a point, but other coaches have taken local players and had them raise their level sufficently. Cuba, as much as i respect their level is not a superior team to us. local based or not.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2010, 07:27:43 PM »
We so in the dark when it comes to tactics and modern day football is ah shame .... even on dis forum we still analyse and pick individuals ...as if that is what will make us better ...if POIUIIO did play ...and XXX did play ...and Latapy doh like ..LKJJH   ..every game it is the same .....when we not facing the reality that the coach is out of his depth and our tactics are woeful !

We still pick teams with systems of the past ...modern day tactics dictate 4 zones ...we still thinking 4 4 2 0r 4 3 3 where the top teams have now divided the space into 4 ...eg 4 2 3 1 ( Argentina), Spain  ...or 4 1 41 ( brazil )or  4 2 2 2 etc...

South america has always been famous for changing football tactics ... they have people to study tactics ...it is a science there ...brazil has changed tactica since the last WC ...so has Argentina ...so have most teams actually ...so Spain's possession game has been worked out ..even barca's game has been decifered ...but for Messi who no one has worked out yet ..they would not be as successful today.

In 1970 Brazil shocked the world with 4 2 4 ...then the rest of the world countered with 4 3 3 ..before long everybody changed to 4 3 3 . That lasted a long time until the 4 4 2 took over ..then the 3 5 1 and 4 5 1 ..those have  now been revamped to take into account a fourth division in the team structure ..
Where are we on this development path ?? when  we see bardados and Grenada following international best practice only then we might want to take the thing da bit more seriously .

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2010, 07:33:51 PM »
3 5 2 ...as one of the formations of the past ...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2010, 08:53:39 PM »
We so in the dark when it comes to tactics and modern day football is ah shame .... even on dis forum we still analyse and pick individuals ...as if that is what will make us better ...if POIUIIO did play ...and XXX did play ...and Latapy doh like ..LKJJH   ..every game it is the same .....when we not facing the reality that the coach is out of his depth and our tactics are woeful !

We still pick teams with systems of the past ...modern day tactics dictate 4 zones ...we still thinking 4 4 2 0r 4 3 3 where the top teams have now divided the space into 4 ...eg 4 2 3 1 ( Argentina), Spain  ...or 4 1 41 ( brazil )or  4 2 2 2 etc...

South america has always been famous for changing football tactics ... they have people to study tactics ...it is a science there ...brazil has changed tactica since the last WC ...so has Argentina ...so have most teams actually ...so Spain's possession game has been worked out ..even barca's game has been decifered ...but for Messi who no one has worked out yet ..they would not be as successful today.

In 1970 Brazil shocked the world with 4 2 4 ...then the rest of the world countered with 4 3 3 ..before long everybody changed to 4 3 3 . That lasted a long time until the 4 4 2 took over ..then the 3 5 1 and 4 5 1 ..those have  now been revamped to take into account a fourth division in the team structure ..
Where are we on this development path ?? when  we see bardados and Grenada following international best practice only then we might want to take the thing da bit more seriously .
Sense!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2010, 09:07:38 PM »
For the man dem who doggin TF, FYI the man in martinique working as an analyst! he was giving a "comprehensive analysis on the team's performance,"  ::)  what's wrong with you ppl??

i'm also pretty sure flex is the one who arranged the interview and not the other way around, so what is the fackin problem?? why do ppl on here always have to be so over analytic?

as for latas, allyuh know i eh no latas fan, but we stuck with him for this tourney, ok we loss to cuba, but stranger things has happened, like losing to bermuda @ home. i say lets save the bashing until we drop out!

it's only one game you'wl, it's not like we out of the ting, plus we had a favorable result in the other group game, so we really don't have much katching up to do.      have faith girls.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:14:01 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2010, 09:48:09 PM »
jus cool.. i hearing yuh

after all is said and done we will have a reckoning...

but for right now we in the battle and it is not de time for de weak ... so all who stout of heart step forward and let we support the red white and black until the end.

Go Soca Warriors... come on Latapy, lets get it right!!

:beermug:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2010, 11:27:30 PM »
Excellent analysis by Fenwick, the truth hurts

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2010, 03:36:22 AM »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2010, 05:21:43 AM »
Fenwick looking for a wok!

he was offered the job of national coach 3 times before and rejected it

If you are as outspoken as Terry, you would want to work with Jackula, Scamps and Rodent??

As for the analysis, well done Mr. Fenwick.  Ah still does remember the elbow eh, but yuh outspoken and doh seem to take shyte so my hats off to you sir!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2010, 06:40:50 AM »
Flex,

I hope they ask your permission for this

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Fenwick__T_T_lacked_commitment-110920289.html

VB

Off course not, T&T press do as they please, I just hope when I return the favor oneday them eh get vex.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2010, 07:07:57 AM »
Extremely disturbing analysis!!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2010, 07:16:34 AM »
I still find it hard to believe dat ah man dat spend so much years in Europe, play for some good clubs and would have been exposed to some good coaches in he playin career would come and adopt sunday league fete match approach to coachin................ah mean he used to be sleepin during durin d strategy meetings ???, Latapy was kinda dynamic, so maybe teams was built around him eh..................but still yuh eh pick up nutten ??? nah dat real sad
I pity the fool....

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2010, 07:50:26 AM »
Alot of good players tend to not really go on to be good coaches ... Pele, Maradona, Gullit ... Matheus all mediocre types. In that great AC Milan team .... the outstanding coach turn out to be Ancellotti in front of Van Basten , Gullit, Donadoni and Rikaard!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2010, 08:15:06 AM »
Flex,

I hope they ask your permission for this

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Fenwick__T_T_lacked_commitment-110920289.html

VB

Off course not, T&T press do as they please, I just hope when I return the favor oneday them eh get vex.

heard it on the tv6 news as well..i was like wait nuh!...flex i think u should throw dem ah bogey just to make them out

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2010, 08:48:36 AM »
i honestly taught they would of put the source of where the article came from.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2010, 08:54:50 AM »
Alot of good players tend to not really go on to be good coaches ... Pele, Maradona, Gullit ... Matheus all mediocre types. In that great AC Milan team .... the outstanding coach turn out to be Ancellotti in front of Van Basten , Gullit, Donadoni and Rikaard!

That may be true but that does not mean the player can't try. Who should say which player should or should not be a coach. Alf Ramsey, Beckenbauer Didi and other brazilian coaches have done it. By the way Pele never, never went into coaching. He went into advertising and colour commentary. I glad he did not coach. He would have gotten more hell than Dunga and Latas combine.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2010, 11:10:15 AM »

That may be true but that does not mean the player can't try. Who should say which player should or should not be a coach. Alf Ramsey, Beckenbauer Didi and other brazilian coaches have done it. By the way Pele never, never went into coaching. He went into advertising and colour commentary. I glad he did not coach. He would have gotten more hell than Dunga and Latas combine.

Good players normally make better coaches if they go through the same preparation as a lesser player. There are some who may not be able to show the patience to work with players that are not up to the technical level the coach was, but the problem arises because clubs(in we case national team), always want to give jobs too quickly to good players.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2010, 12:21:53 PM »

Well is when the player try and coach is when we normally deduce whether he is a good coach or not.... I 've seen some very basic players become very good coaches and vice versa.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2010, 12:40:29 PM »

Good players normally make better coaches if they go through the same preparation as a lesser player. There are some who may not be able to show the patience to work with players that are not up to the technical level the coach was, but the problem arises because clubs(in we case national team), always want to give jobs too quickly to good players.
     Very good point especially in T&T,if you look at our history of local Coaches at club or international level it's rear to find one that have never played the game,their are many reasons for that but the easy way out at home is to give our most well known,experience players,those the public likes coaching positions,but then who you fooling because is only so far they can take us.

How does a Trini Coach gain the maturity and experience like lets say a Ferguson or Marinho,bringing in foreign Coaches has not helped our Coaches one bit,even the coaching courses they do at home does not help them,these guys have to experience first hand what it's like working with quality players,top clubs,in the best leagues etc etc

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »
Someone who has worked to figure something out is better prepared to explain how to reach his level of achievement. If you not technically gifted you have to be an excellent student of the game to hang with the big boys. When your technical ability is high you only have to show and let stuff work itself out on the field. Play to the coaches instruction and you set.

People who to gifted never make good teachers in any realm of life and that has a lot to do with mentality. Smart people never think their method of teaching is flawed.   They usually put it down to the student being  slow and they try to hammer home the message. Average people have to look for different ways to learn achieve and come to the realization that not every teaching style is appropriate for the situation. When they teach they try to meet the student where they are.

Our players may need to learn by repitition. They will respond based on the stimuli and muscle memory. Technically gifted palyers adapt and create new solutions to problems on the fly.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>