April 19, 2024, 10:54:22 PM

Poll

Better winger - Nani or Bale?

Nani
8 (50%)
Bale
8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Nani or Bale?  (Read 4665 times)

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
Nani or Bale?
« on: November 28, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »
All the recent talk has been about Bale, but from what I've seen this season I find Nani is the better winger. As good as he is, I feel like a lot of the hype around Bale has to do with Tottenham's recent rise and he's being overrated a bit. What do you think?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Nani or Bale?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 02:29:29 PM »
I PREFER NANI ALL DE TIME  ::) ::) ::)
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 02:53:41 PM »
I PREFER NANI ALL DE TIME  ::) ::) ::)
And twice on a Sunday :devil: ;D

giggsy11

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 03:08:35 PM »
I enjoy watching and like both players, both appear to be getting the job done for their respective teams and the just started producing for their teams. I think Bale is more electrifying and somewhat predictable in his dribble; he does everything fast, and hard whereas Nani is more deliberate, creative and unpredictable in his dribble but inconsistent. Bale just pings the ball on the run and his crosses are usually accurate or difficult to defend; he is all left foot which at times makes it easier to mark him. Nani has improved in his delivery and he does a good job of using both feet to shoot and pass. I think Nani has a bigger upside because he is a natural dribbler and he appears to be improving all facets of his game. He is also leading the league in setting up goals and he has chipped in with a few goals of his own even though he is not the finished product. I will take Nani based on what he is doing now and what he can do in the future. But also I already declared that he is my favorite young player and winger in the league. He could also copy Bale by just getting on with playing and leaving the dramatics alone.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 03:38:36 PM »
Bale = overrated.  Brits just looking for another Brit to put up on a pedistal. 

He ripped Maicon, and has had some other strong games and a few good goals...but when the clowns on FSC start saying he's the best player in the world right now, yuh know it's just British hype.  Funny thing is it woulda been worse if he were English. 

Nani is a more imaginative winger than Bale... who is better is a matter of taste.   
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 03:55:36 PM »
kicker your an ass.. a complete shithong

Bale is on fire .. in every game he's played this season he's been awesome... f**k your brazilian biasness ... all this shit about him being a brit... you watch the man play 2 games against Inter and destroy them singlehandedly... I've seen almost all available Spurs games on TV and the 2 that he didnt have a big effect on was United away and Bolton away and he was still decent

The man deserve every ounce of praise he getting... 

and to answer the question of the thread...Bale is better but Nani is awesome too... hopefully he and Mr Modric will be in the stunning red of United next season

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 04:12:38 PM »

Bale is on fire .. in every game he's played this season he's been awesome... f**k your brazilian biasness ... all this shit about him being a brit... you watch the man play 2 games against Inter and destroy them singlehandedly... I've seen almost all available Spurs games on TV and the 2 that he didnt have a big effect on was United away and Bolton away and he was still decent

and to answer the question of the thread...Bale is better but Nani is awesome too... hopefully he and Mr Modric will be in the stunning red of United next season

Nice "civilized", mature response my yute  :beermug:

Right now I'll take Bale simply because he's doing most of it on his own and in an unselfish way... it' sactually benefitting the team.  Van Der Vaart has been the impetus behind Tottenham's strong play this season without a doubt... but there's no denying that Bale is on fire right now.  Nani is just one of a number of offensive weapons for Man U and he benefits from space created by those other players.  I think overall he's the better player than Bale though, better rounded and has been showing greater consistency the past couple years.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 04:17:43 PM »

Nice "civilized", mature response my yute  :beermug:

Right now I'll take Bale simply because he's doing most of it on his own and in an unselfish way... it' sactually benefitting the team.  Van Der Vaart has been the impetus behind Tottenham's strong play this season without a doubt... but there's no denying that Bale is on fire right now.  Nani is just one of a number of offensive weapons for Man U and he benefits from space created by those other players.  I think overall he's the better player than Bale though, better rounded and has been showing greater consistency the past couple years.

I knew you would say something... my bad.. just venting..we now loss to Grenada.. give me a break na man

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 04:26:35 PM »
Nani showin rel maturity and not as selfish like before. He usin he brain.

Bale in some real form. If he keeps up that form, boi...that is one to see.

Offline grassrotts

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 04:47:21 PM »
dis a real tough one because they have 2 contrasting styles and because on their good days both almost unstoppable. Bale is more about getting to the byline and crossing and nani more creative and unpredictable. I tink nani a little better even tho bale speed real scary!
Tough one yes.....ah cah take both and put one on de right and one on de left?? ;D

Offline grassrotts

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 04:53:10 PM »
.....and a next ting too to add to what i said. I feel bale will end up at barca or madrid soon and will be playin left fullback for one of dem. So dis discussion would be irrelavent come june next year. ;)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »

Why do you assume that I've only seen him play 2wice.  I've been following Spurs pretty closely this season.  I even said in another thread that I'm slowly adopting them as my side in England based on what I'm seeing this season....He has NOT been awesome in EVERY game...You need to calm down.

He's hit good form for sure- but still overrated in my books.  Overrated is a relevant term.  Bale only now breaking out....Ryan Giggs has done what Bale is doing now, better than Bale for most of his career before he changed his game up...and Bale not nearly in Giggs' class yet- think about that and put it in perspective- when I say overrated I'm talking about peole getting carried away and saying he's the best in the world at the moment. Bale will have to show this form for a longer period before he gets rated the way I see the FSC clowns rate him, but that's just my opinion.

I've seen a lot of his games too...The Brazilian bias is irrelevant to this conversation.  Yuh barkin' up the wrong tree smalls... Take that insecurity somewhere else. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:16:50 PM by kicker »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 05:35:38 PM »
To me, Nani is a world class player. Bale isn't at that level yet.

A quick look at the Premiership stats - Nani has 10 assists for the season so far, Bale has 2.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 06:41:13 PM »
I like bale all action direct style. - No nonsense gallerying
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 06:48:39 PM »
It's all about players complimenting players which i think contributes to individual success.

Based on what Ryan would have provided in terms of assists stats.

To me Bale is absolute class, not sure if i could a name a better striker of the moving ball in a crossing situation today. But for all the players Tottenham have, they are not fully exploiting his talents. Peter Crouch is a good player but for all his height, he doesn't attack the flighted ball well, he prefers to knock down for other players, put a fella like Tim Cahill on the end them crosses and Bale would have probably have double digit assists already.

The evolution of Nani is just simply remarkable, and the reason simply is that he is getting a consistent run. When a player is in and out of the team, he thinks that he has to over elaborate to make an impact, which was something that plagued him while in the shadows of Ronaldo and then Valencia he tried a bit too hard. When you are already blessed with skill you can be even more enterprising in your play by just doing the simple things which is what he is doing this year.

I think the mass appeal on the Bale part is that he is a true winger where Nani is a creative midfielder who plays on the wing. Bale may appeal to the purist and the fact that he is left footed which is even more rare in the game today. Nani also has better front men to work with.

If i were a coach i would take Bale probably because of that same reason of the rarity of such a type of player.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 06:58:17 PM »
Allyuh just talking bout offense or wha? 2 different styles to be sure, with the real constant being great pace by both players. Bale runs that flank up and down, attacking and defending like a maniac, like nobody has done in years. He kinda like a bigger, faster version of Cafu. Nani has a different level of skill and creativity, but when yuh see international defenders looking like children trying to stay with Bale, yuh know is a special athlete like Brazilian Ronaldo when he was fit. Bale not overrated at all, we just have a different meaning in the Caribbean to " world's best player ". By that I mean he doesn't spanner, tallcap, salad, belt men often enough to command such a title from we. To me Messi is another class to these guys still, but respect to both, and if Nani can bring the intensity that Bale plays with consistently, the sky is the limit.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 07:03:35 PM by Fantastic »
Doh loss yuh head boss

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 07:01:05 PM »
bale and nani are 2 different type of players, nani is more a winger than bale, bale was a wingback now being used as a winger/wide midfielder, i would say nani is the better player assuming they play the same position and offence is my only concern but bale is in superb form right now and if i have to pick one to play a game today it would be bale but nani will be my choice to play an entire season.

if i want a winger capable of defending then bale would be my choice for an entire season.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 07:06:25 PM »
It's all about players complimenting players which i think contributes to individual success.

Based on what Ryan would have provided in terms of assists stats.

To me Bale is absolute class, not sure if i could a name a better striker of the moving ball in a crossing situation today. But for all the players Tottenham have, they are not fully exploiting his talents. Peter Crouch is a good player but for all his height, he doesn't attack the flighted ball well, he prefers to knock down for other players, put a fella like Tim Cahill on the end them crosses and Bale would have probably have double digit assists already.

The evolution of Nani is just simply remarkable, and the reason simply is that he is getting a consistent run. When a player is in and out of the team, he thinks that he has to over elaborate to make an impact, which was something that plagued him while in the shadows of Ronaldo and then Valencia he tried a bit too hard. When you are already blessed with skill you can be even more enterprising in your play by just doing the simple things which is what he is doing this year.

I think the mass appeal on the Bale part is that he is a true winger where Nani is a creative midfielder who plays on the wing. Bale may appeal to the purist and the fact that he is left footed which is even more rare in the game today. Nani also has better front men to work with.

If i were a coach i would take Bale probably because of that same reason of the rarity of such a type of player.

I agree with much of what you've said. I think the Bale hype has gotten a bit out of hand though. The reason why he "only" has 2 Prem assists (in addition to his 5 goals) is partly due to Spurs lacking a lethal striker at the moment (maybe the return Defoe will change that)...but its also because Prem defences can cope with him.

Maicon may have been raped but that was largely a tactical failure on Inter's part...the Inter defenders have pubicly criticised the lack of defensive responsibility imposed on Inter midfielders by Benitez this season...Chivu actually walked off the pitch in one match to go and boof Benitez on the sidelines. Most Prem team recognise the need to provide greater defensive cover from the midfield when up against Bale. I have seen many matches (today for example) where he has been kept relatively quiet. To me Nani is more versatile and harder to plan for.

Personally I think Bale is already nearing his potential...he isn't going to get any faster, so he is effectively in his prime right now. In contrast I think Nani is still growing as a player and can be one of the world's best players in time.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »
bale and nani are 2 different type of players, nani is more a winger than bale, bale was a wingback now being used as a winger/wide midfielder, i would say nani is the better player assuming they play the same position and offence is my only concern but bale is in superb form right now and if i have to pick one to play a game today it would be bale but nani will be my choice to play an entire season.

if i want a winger capable of defending then bale would be my choice for an entire season.

Bale is not capable of defending, which is why he plays in midfield now

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 07:53:24 PM »
Bale not overrated at all, we just have a different meaning in the Caribbean to " world's best player ". By that I mean he doesn't spanner, tallcap, salad, belt men often enough to command such a title from we. To me Messi is another class to these guys

Spanner or not Bale is NOT the best player in the world.

To me Messi is another class to these guys

Exactly...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 07:55:31 PM »
All yuh nuts. Who better? How about the possiblity of 2 of them on the TT team against greneda?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 11:26:40 PM »
Tough one but I taking Nani.

Bale on fire but the hype is just ridiculous. Take the wing away from him and force him to go inside and I've noticed that he if much less effective. Its what Bolton did to him after the Inter game where he mash up Maicon.

Nani have alot more in the toolbox imo.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 11:47:10 PM »
Nani is a gifted player no question but talented left-footed wingers are ...Bale for me.

Btw Bale is definitely not the best player in the world but I challenge any of you to name a better left-footed winger than him or better yet name a team that wouldn't want a player like him.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 12:15:30 AM »
Nani is a gifted player no question but talented left-footed wingers are ...Bale for me.

Btw Bale is definitely not the best player in the world but I challenge any of you to name a better left-footed winger than him or better yet name a team that wouldn't want a player like him.

Men on crack underrating Bale... his ability to blow by RBs and cross the ball is ridiculous.  The EPL has some of the fastest players (specifically RBs) in the game, yet he's a force to handle.  Say what you want about Glen Johnson's defending... but he's one of the fastest defenders in the EPL and Bale's combination of guile and speed tormented Johnson whole game.  If not for Kuyt covering Johnson today Bale woulda have him turning tricks like ah Westminster tramp.

As we all know with Carlos and Walcott (and even Lennon) however, speed is just one aspect, the ability to cross the ball is another matter and Bale is a boss with them left-side crosses.  Better finishing (better finishers) in the middle and his 'stats' might be even better.  He also tracks back much better than Nani... or it could be that Nani isn't asked to/isn't required to track back and defend as much.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 05:10:46 AM »
I agree with Kicker......Bale aint the best player in the world.  It is all about British hype!!

Bale is a fantastic player, having a wonderful break out season.  His rise has been astronomical, and that is why he is getting all this attention.

If someone asked me which player showed the greatest improvement this season in world football, then i would say Bale by a mile, but this "best player in the world" tag is nonsense.

Nani is a better player in my opinion, since he can deliver both in a wide and in a central position, and he can strike with both feet.

Again, i reiterate, that it is British hype (whether u like it or not SMag, lol).  The next player to be deemed world class would be "Andy Carrol". I already heard on skysports where they saying that he is the best in the air in the Premier League.

Look at John Elmander.  The man is also having an amazing season, but no one is talking about him.  If he was a British player, he would be in the headlines
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 05:56:29 AM »
I agree with Kicker......Bale aint the best player in the world.  It is all about British hype!!

Bale is a fantastic player, having a wonderful break out season.  His rise has been astronomical, and that is why he is getting all this attention.

If someone asked me which player showed the greatest improvement this season in world football, then i would say Bale by a mile, but this "best player in the world" tag is nonsense.

Nani is a better player in my opinion, since he can deliver both in a wide and in a central position, and he can strike with both feet.

Again, i reiterate, that it is British hype (whether u like it or not SMag, lol).  The next player to be deemed world class would be "Andy Carrol". I already heard on skysports where they saying that he is the best in the air in the Premier League.

Look at John Elmander.  The man is also having an amazing season, but no one is talking about him.  If he was a British player, he would be in the headlines

Where you been?  No body ain't talking bout Elmander.  He been linked this week to Liverpool and a host of other clubs.  Bale is definitely the most improved player in world football.  He is versatile as he can play the entire left flank.  What he did to Maicon was not by some freak, as he did it to him twice.  He has been on the rampage since about a little after the middle of last season and hasn't let off.  Don't know why men hypeing him up as a just come.  He was always touted as the next big talent and Arsenal and Spurs and everyone else was trying to get the youngster when he was at Southampton.  His crossing is great, as he is able to split defenders and get the ball into areas in the box behind their backs, and all this on the ground.  That sounds like an easy feat, but it ain't.  Plus he has great speed and touch, and can shoot.

Nani has improved leaps and bounds too.  He is now scoring goals, and his playmaking is great.  Current form, Bale is the winner.  Gale is probably the more versatile of the two, as he can give you more coming from deep, having played as a wing back before being moved to midfiled.  Why men just trying to waste down the man because he is Welsh, beats me.  If yuh good, yuh good.  Country / EPL shouldn't have nothing to do with this.  So, all the scouts on the countinent that following de man ain't know what they doing too then?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 12:03:41 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 08:43:19 AM »
Real glad to see Nani getting some love on here.I maintain that the United fans who was giving the man shit don't really watch his contribution. For every wrong decision it have real playes where Rooney and berbatov get a bess ball and do shit. This season he is United's best player by far. I agree with those that say that Bale is in ripping form but Nani has a lot more upside. Imagine if Figo or Rui Costa had play 10-15 years for United, that (and more) is what yuh get from Nani.

Bale is a beast, looked good from the time he move from Southampton but the injuries and Spurs ups and downs mash him up for a couple years. Definitely two different types of players. Bale impressive but even a younger Giggs had more variety than him. Bale is a better crosser than Giggs was but for all the talk about Bale crossing, I still giving Nani that crown on that specific technique.

Small Mag yuh real confusing though.

In a next thread yuh crying down people and telling tham that Rooney is a "Red" when all they trying to do is defend Nani and here yuh giving Nani faint praise and fawning over Bale, a player who turn down United. All Nani ever do is choose United, put up with some serious challenges and trials ,yet come through it all and only showing the club loyalty.

This is why I don't begrudge no player looking out for theyself becuase fans is a fickle bunch.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »
My comment about Bale being overrated is RELATIVE to some guys on FSC (Wynalda and the roly poly clown who used to do FFF) who were touting him as the best in the world...again overrated is a relative term

No doubt Bale is killing it so far this season, and in seasons past has looked like great potential.  The guy has an amazing left foot, and if you give him room he will run you up and down the flank tirelessly all game (ask Maicon)... His speed and his consistent execution of crosses is what makes him a constant threat. 

Nani is a more imaginative and versatile player because he is less of an out and out winger than Bale is...so he is better on the outside and the inside....Bale's game is almost entirely around the outside because he is one-footed. 

I think people have seen Nani struggle more than Bale because he's been in the spotlight for longer so that skews the perspective, but Nani has carried Utd for quite a few games this season...Bale's high profile demolition of Inter has done alot for his stock as well....

They are both very good players....and I stand by the opinion that if Nani were British, he as well at some point this season would have been "the best player in the world" per the British media....
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:21:34 AM by kicker »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 09:35:16 AM »
It's a good question......
Both players have their strengths... Nani is a better dribbler and much more unpredictable to come up against lot more lil tricks .... he can use both feet effectively .... some of his flaws he is a lil spoilt and defensively he is not really an asset.
Bale obviously is better defensively, he is faster and he can get to the byline which tho Nani can do that he normally crosses from before that he doesn't have that kinda explosive speed he may cut it back or try to dribble you more.

Bale has a better attitude, calm dude ...... and lets face it in the open field you simply cannot catch him.
Initially I was gonna say Bale but when you weigh the pros and the cons all Bale really has on Nani is toes.
Nani might be the better player but he needs to stop being a lil bitch... hanging around CR7 too much!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 12:06:08 PM »
My comment about Bale being overrated is RELATIVE to some guys on FSC (Wynalda and the roly poly clown who used to do FFF) who were touting him as the best in the world...again overrated is a relative term

No doubt Bale is killing it so far this season, and in seasons past has looked like great potential.  The guy has an amazing left foot, and if you give him room he will run you up and down the flank tirelessly all game (ask Maicon)... His speed and his consistent execution of crosses is what makes him a constant threat. 

Nani is a more imaginative and versatile player because he is less of an out and out winger than Bale is...so he is better on the outside and the inside....Bale's game is almost entirely around the outside because he is one-footed. 

I think people have seen Nani struggle more than Bale because he's been in the spotlight for longer so that skews the perspective, but Nani has carried Utd for quite a few games this season...Bale's high profile demolition of Inter has done alot for his stock as well....

They are both very good players....and I stand by the opinion that if Nani were British, he as well at some point this season would have been "the best player in the world" per the British media....

Me ain't know bout best players inthe world.  That is still Messi, but he is definitely the hottest left winger out there.  He does really stretch the field, and that is what yuh want from yuh wingers.

1]; } ?>