April 30, 2024, 10:16:50 AM

Author Topic: Question for the Moderators....Time to boycott T&T Football!!  (Read 5424 times)

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Question for the Moderators....Time to boycott T&T Football!!
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 06:36:23 AM »
I boycotting!!!!

but we need flex and touches to go to give us a match report

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 08:54:31 AM »
When we say boycott T&T Football what do we mean?boycott Football but we still want to know all what going on with Football,if we boycotting Football just don't support no level of Football in the country,the thing is the TTFF have some role to play in all,if we hear about some big game or tournament we hideing and going and watch games,peeps eh boycotting no Football in the country is long time the poor man can't afford for he and his family to go and see a game that's why there are no crowds,we on here can talk because we can afford to go anywhere and see Football. One person saying they boycotting our Football will have no effect on Football.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 01:53:22 PM »
fordy,
    I understand and share your frustration. However, a boycott/protest must have some sort of goal. There are all kinds of things that can be done

An editorial can be written and sent to all of the T&T media outlets
An ad can be created and run in the T&T daily newspapers and on radio
Videos can be created and uploaded to Youtube and sent to media outlets
A Facebook Group/Page/Cause/Petition can be created
Signatures can be collected
Billboards can be created
A placard protest can be held outside the TTFF, and continued at all national team games

De question is, what do you really want to achieve? Do you want change, or do you want to agitate, or both? If there is no commitment, then it would not be effective. If you do not have people on the ground in T&T participating, then it would not be effective. Basically, if a protest/boycott is not thought out, it would be easily dismissed, unless yup just want tuh cause ah scene.

Doh get tie up. Is only ah few people who really care what going on. Most people does jes respond tuh if we win or lorse ah game. So part of any effective protest/boycott in T&T football is educating de masses.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 01:55:11 PM »

So part of any effective protest/boycott in T&T football is educating de masses.

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
YUH PREACHHHHHHHHHHH
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 09:32:15 PM »
fordy,
    I understand and share your frustration. However, a boycott/protest must have some sort of goal. There are all kinds of things that can be done

A placard protest can be held outside the TTFF, and continued at all national team games

De question is, what do you really want to achieve? Do you want change, or do you want to agitate, or both? If there is no commitment, then it would not be effective. If you do not have people on the ground in T&T participating, then it would not be effective. Basically, if a protest/boycott is not thought out, it would be easily dismissed, unless yup just want tuh cause ah scene.

Doh get tie up. Is only ah few people who really care what going on. Most people does jes respond tuh if we win or lorse ah game. So part of any effective protest/boycott in T&T football is educating de masses.

Tallman yuh talk real sense there, that's why I suggested we solicit the support of the general public. As far as my motive, I want change. I'm not wanting to do this just to stir stuff up. TTFF needs an entire overall, from President come down. This Digicel tournament isn't entirely Latas fault! When GM collapse, they didnt fire the Managers...they got rid of the CEO and banished the board of directors because of inept leadership! That's what accountability is about! Our football in the toilet since 2006...and even before that...and the same people running the show for 30 plus years now! As I said I'm prepared to do whatever I have to from my end...financially and otherwise! Someone made a good point earlier talking about finding investors....all well and good but I think the first course of action needs to be a unified campaign of supporters.....like us on this board as a starting point...to show enough is enough! Total boycott of everything TTFF and its sponsors!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 09:40:27 PM »
TTFF needs an entire overall, from President Special Advisor come down. This Digicel tournament isn't entirely Latas fault! When GM collapse, they didnt fire the Managers...

A slight correction

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 10:30:09 PM »
TTFF needs an entire overall, from President Special Advisor come down. This Digicel tournament isn't entirely Latas fault! When GM collapse, they didnt fire the Managers...

A slight correction

Correk, I believe most of us fans recognize and accept this, the methodology of achieving this is what is seemingly unattainable
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »

A slight correction

Thanks Deeks for the correction! LOL! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 05:07:42 AM »
fordy,

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:  De congregation say amen Pastor!!!......

Just de other day men upset about some issue (cyar remember now) but as soon as men hear Jack in discussion with some Dutch people for a coach, men wet with excitement and forget they vex.....steups!!

Fordy, I understand what yuh going thru eh boy but yuh have a real task on yuh hands.  As soon as yuh come up with a concrete plan tell mih and goh be dey to help yuh televise the revolution....until den wha ah goh tell yuh......

We going Brazil!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 07:50:58 AM »
fordy,

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:  De congregation say amen Pastor!!!......

Just de other day men upset about some issue (cyar remember now) but as soon as men hear Jack in discussion with some Dutch people for a coach, men wet with excitement and forget they vex.....steups!!

Fordy, I understand what yuh going thru eh boy but yuh have a real task on yuh hands.  As soon as yuh come up with a concrete plan tell mih and goh be dey to help yuh televise the revolution....until den wha ah goh tell yuh......

We going Brazil!!!!

And dat is all dat matters.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>