March 28, 2024, 08:56:14 AM

Author Topic: Phillips: No need for knee-jerk reaction over Latapy.  (Read 8292 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Phillips: No need for knee-jerk reaction over Latapy.
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 05:29:18 PM »
Yesterday, newly re-elected T&T Football Federation president Oliver Camps refused to comment on T&T's results, but did say a post-mortem of the failed campaign will be conducted soon after their return from Martinique.

Dis man is just de absolute worst. Yet he is continually rewarded. >:(

How come de illustrious Minister of Sport eh give Phillips ah ultimatum too?  If he going to meddle in TTFF affairs why not start with de rotting head?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 05:56:33 PM »
Bakes,
           from what I know Lincoln do coaching courses for the schools thru the minister of Sport. I don't think Anil go mess with Lincoln. Well at least not yet.  Lincoln is not in control of anything TTFF. IF TTFF wants his services, they request it. So I can't see how Lincoln is involved with Lata's predicament. The TTFF can say they no longer want Lincoln services. Well so what. Lincoln can still do coaching under the Minister of Sport.

This is why I say Jack should remove himself from the running of TT football. He can stay with FIFA to all I care. He is caussing a lot of confusion. he is the special advisor. Everybody know full  well that the final decision goes thru him. When anything goes wrong he differs everything the the president(camps) of the ttff who always have no f---king comment.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:03:53 PM by Deeks »

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 06:02:51 PM »
Where in the article does LP defend Latapy? It sounds like he is saying serious thought that includes the coach AND beyond has to be put into the next move. There is nothing in his quotes that say Latapy should be retained. It would be helpful if LP releases his reports to the public so people know where he stands on the Latapy era.

Also, I reading Fenwick's analysis but he is not saying anything new that people don't already know. Where was his analysis after the Digicel games back home? Cryuff can hand out good pong because he had his teams playing the brand he was preachin'. Can anyone say Jabloteh play anything like what Terry preachin'?

There are factions in T&T football who have varying degrees of influence with JW. Each faction would do various things to see the one who has the reins of the national team fail. By not paying the players or Latapy and staff for the year nor getting the adequate funding to field games against substantive teams on FIFA dates, the real decision makers had every intention to set Latapy up for failure. No one of significance is really pounding down our door to coach us. It is those folks we should focus anger on, not the ones who are making an honest effort with little to no support.
Aye Tempo, yuh seem to be a man in the know. I in 'Bago 4 years, and we eh see the TD here, we eh hear from the TD, we eh hear 'bout no programme for we.... so set me straight with the fact nah...
Live large and prosper!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 06:04:58 PM »
Bakes,
           from what I know Lincoln do coaching courses for the schools thru the minister of Sport. I don't think Anil go mess with Lincoln. Well at least not yet.  Lincoln is not in control of anything TTFF. IF TTFF wants his services, they request it. So I can't see how Lincoln is involved with Lata's predicament. The TTFF can say they no longer want Lincoln services. Well so what. Lincoln can still do coaching under the Minister of Sport.

This is why I say Jack should remove himself from the running of TT football. He can stay with FIFA to all I care. He is caussing a lot of confusion. he is the special advisor. Everybody know full  well that the final decision goes thru him. When anything goes wrong he deffers everything the the president(camps) of the ttff who always have no f---king comment.

This sums up our problems with the TTFF entirely!

Ah just hope Camps makes ah jail if Jack decides he not putting his hands in his pockets to pay the players!
Now I am not too unhappy with Camps getting voted back in, let’s hope he has his jail clothes ready!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »
Hey Doc, I really don't know too much about that. I do know that the most likely reason LP would have gone to 'bago would be to do the coaching course. But, the TTFF decided to discontinue those courses earlier this year. He hasnt been involved with player development since '06. I think one of the issues with 'bago that doomed earlier efforts has been not enough folks signing up. But, you may know more about the scene there.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 06:43:08 PM »
Aye Tempo, yuh seem to be a man in the know. I in 'Bago 4 years, and we eh see the TD here, we eh hear from the TD, we eh hear 'bout no programme for we.... so set me straight with the fact nah...

Good question Doc !!

Lincoln is not the problem, he is part of it.

He is a gentle man working in a insubordinate company.

He cannot make a change because he is not supported/respected to do so. How can you be a TD and your employer does not respect you.

At the same token, he does not have the voice or determination to show willingness and just sweep everything under the mat.

PS: Sam, you are smart, I respect you, you always hit the nail on the head. Believe it or not, the TTFF did approach W Connection for a friendly on the 17th but I think the league did not want to push their FA cup game (carded for that same day) for the weekend instead.

Latapy knew about the Digicel Cup final a month in advance, why didn't he prepare, he had the majority of his team available. He is taken up with his personal life to much.

Flirting with girls, smoking cigarettes and playing golf and this is not a joke.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:22:40 PM by Flex »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 06:53:53 PM »
Bakes,

This is why I say Jack should remove himself from the running of TT football. He can stay with FIFA to all I care. He is caussing a lot of confusion. he is the special advisor. Everybody know full  well that the final decision goes thru him. When anything goes wrong he differs everything the the president(camps) of the ttff who always have no f---king comment.

Deeks, ah mess up dey... ah meant to ask why he eh give Camps ah ultimatum, not Phillips.  Ah did juss finish reading de thread on LP and it still had mih fired up.

but yeah, LP knee deep in de shit too.

Offline Yogi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 06:54:29 PM »
Lincoln Phillips steups. Ah next kakahole licker who should ride out too :-[

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 07:05:14 PM »
Bakes,

Deeks, ah mess up dey... ah meant to ask why he eh give Camps ah ultimatum, not Phillips.  Ah did juss finish reading de thread on LP and it still had mih fired up.

but yeah, LP knee deep in de shit too.

Bakes, and to everyone on this forum,
                                                   We are so confused as to who plays a role in the TTFF is ashamed. We know Jack is the special advisor, camps the president, Lincoln is a gov't coach and sometimes advisor the the TTFF, then there are the admin people who we don't know about. There is no clear cut transparency of who is responsible for what in that organization. And to make matters worst we have Anil in the mix.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:18:19 PM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2010, 07:36:19 PM »
LP should NOT be in the same class as Oliver Camps and company, these men have no class, LP better than that, trust me......

Why is Latapy viewed as a failure but Pellerud viewed as a success? All the money and resources that was spent on the U-17 women's program were met with a team that failed to advance to the second round and could not pass the ball.

I also heard from a reliable source that the players and staff have not been paid since the Chile game ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latapy to discuss future with TTFF
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »
ctntworld.com

T&T head coach Russell Latapy will discuss his future with the T&T Football Federation on his return from Martinique following a disappointing Digicel Caribbean Cup campaign.

The Warriors go into their final group match against the host tonight having already being eliminated from the competition, following opening defeats to Cuba and Grenada. The little magician admitted that the team was disappointed with their performances.

Latapy accepted full responsibility for the disastrous showing, but stopped short of discussing his future with the squad.

Many pundits have called for Latapy's sacking.

Meanwhile a reliable TTFF source has hinted that a former French international could replace the under fire T&T head coach.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2010, 07:43:18 PM »
my knee jerking bad, hard luck

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah understand, after that marathon post on the Official Babes yuh had to shift gears!!!  :devil:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2010, 07:44:30 PM »
ctntworld.com

T&T head coach Russell Latapy will discuss his future with the T&T Football Federation on his return from Martinique following a disappointing Digicel Caribbean Cup campaign.

The Warriors go into their final group match against the host tonight having already being eliminated from the competition, following opening defeats to Cuba and Grenada. The little magician admitted that the team was disappointed with their performances.

Latapy accepted full responsibility for the disastrous showing, but stopped short of discussing his future with the squad.

Many pundits have called for Latapy's sacking.

Meanwhile a reliable TTFF source has hinted that a former French international could replace the under fire T&T head coach.

Intriguing ... lemme guess, dey bounce him up in Martinique.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2010, 07:56:43 PM »
And who is this former French international? Marius Tresor?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2010, 08:19:52 PM »
they wanted that french coach before they choose the Francisco Maturana
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2010, 08:35:49 PM »
they wanted that french coach before they choose the Francisco Maturana

Let me guess he could speak english y he eh get d wuk?

Flirting with girls, smoking cigarettes and playing golf and this is not a joke.

Would b surprise if he was not doing d aforementioned.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2010, 10:10:42 PM »
I know who the frenchie is? Tigana!!!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2010, 10:15:08 PM »
my knee jerking bad, hard luck
:rotfl: :rotfl:  Who could stop a knee jerk anyways?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2010, 10:17:50 PM »
Tigana coaching Bordeaux. LP contacted Tigana before Latapy was named coach but Tigana wanted to stay in France.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2010, 10:21:34 PM »
Tigana coaching Bordeaux. LP contacted Tigana before Latapy was named coach but Tigana wanted to stay in France.

tigana is a very good manager... that would be an interesting move, haven't heard about him since his turkey stint

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2010, 10:26:50 PM »
gullit rikkjard or van basten will do just fine

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2010, 10:33:32 PM »
gullit rikkjard or van basten will do just fine

Dey old coach could tell dem d ins and outs of TNT.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2010, 10:42:36 PM »
How come LP is TD of TTFF, but have no say? Can't understand that  ???  How come who paying him come into what he can and cannot do? So if ah man volunteer to be on a board and is voted in as chairman or president, because he eh getting pay he cannot do anything? Is only when they want him to be involved he can be? That eh making no kinda sense to me.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »
How come LP is TD of TTFF, but have no say? Can't understand that  ???  How come who paying him come into what he can and cannot do? So if ah man volunteer to be on a board and is voted in as chairman or president, because he eh getting pay he cannot do anything? Is only when they want him to be involved he can be? That eh making no kinda sense to me.

What about of football make sense? LP is TD but SPORTT payin him for youth development. Y he eh bein paid by d TTFF. By being paid by SPORTT he sure 2 get paid.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2010, 11:08:02 PM »

Lincoln is paid by the gov't thru SPORTT, not by the TTFF as  was explained to me. It seems that if Lincoln was being paid by the TTFF he would have been out of a job a long time ago.

Look Lincoln played international football and is a die-hard ball jumbie. Dispite all the things he knows(the same thing all of us know) about Jack, he is willing to put aside(or compromise) his differences with the special advisor to help the national team. Is the same way we feel when people(me included) say to boycott the national. It is a heavy thing on my(our) heart(s) because we love our national team. We want to support our players, especially the local ones who struggling to fulfill their dreams. I know and feel that because I had desires of playing international ball. But I was not good enough.

if Lincoln say no, TTFF could claim Lincoln drawing big gov't money and ain't willing to help the national team.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2010, 11:13:58 PM »

Lincoln is paid by the gov't thru SPORTT, not by the TTFF as  was explained to me. It seems that if Lincoln was being paid by the TTFF he would have been out of a job a long time ago.

Look Lincoln played international football and is a die-hard ball jumbie. Dispite all the things he knows(the same thing all of us know) about Jack, he is willing to put aside(or compromise) his differences with the special advisor to help the national team. Is the same way we feel when people(me included) say to boycott the national. It is a heavy thing on my(our) heart(s) because we love our national team. We want to support our players, especially the local ones who struggling to fulfill their dreams. I know and feel that because I had desires of playing international ball. But I was not good enough.

if Lincoln say no, TTFF could claim Lincoln drawing big gov't money and ain't willing to help the national team.

D day LP became d tool 2 get rid of Wim dat was it 4 me. So he is part of d problem not part of the solution. He may d part of d problem that u can solve as compared 2 other parts but at d end d problem eh solve.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2010, 05:39:04 AM »
So wait nah...some ah allyuh diehards finally want tuh flickin FIRE Lincoln.....

nice tuh here....time tuh bring back Friggin Wim then....surely we woulda be further ahead by now....and maybe would have qualified for South Africa
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2010, 06:58:13 AM »
Good question Doc !!

Lincoln is not the problem, he is part of it.

He is a gentle man working in a insubordinate company.

He cannot make a change because he is not supported/respected to do so. How can you be a TD and your employer does not respect you.

At the same token, he does not have the voice or determination to show willingness and just sweep everything under the mat.

PS: Sam, you are smart, I respect you, you always hit the nail on the head. Believe it or not, the TTFF did approach W Connection for a friendly on the 17th but I think the league did not want to push their FA cup game (carded for that same day) for the weekend instead.

Latapy knew about the Digicel Cup final a month in advance, why didn't he prepare, he had the majority of his team available. He is taken up with his personal life to much.

Interesting again !!! ... hhhmmm

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2010, 07:03:31 AM »
The first part of the problem is us the people of Trinidad & Tobago. We have this belief that we don't have to earn things, that we're entitled to greatness because of some inherent talent. Whatever Latas shortcomings as a coach the real problem, that emotion is blocking us from seeing, is that our local football is not good enough. A national coach cannot be expected to make players something that they are not. Without our European pros we are significantly weaker and that should be a worrying thing. It's easy to blame Latas or Lincoln Phillips but who coaching at U-14 or U-17 level? What are they doing there? What are the skills, physical, mental or social, our players getting there? Look at our professional league, what standard are we seeing there? We are relying on the handful or so individuals who take their gifts a little beyond that of the norm and then we're surprised when the norm can't get it done.

Our football is of a very poor standard, we don't need a foreigner to come and tell us that. We might even resent the foreigner for saying it. Look at Mexico, Costa Rica or the US. Strong local leagues and strong national teams. Look at the better nations in Europe or South America. Strong local leagues, strong national teams. We can put 10 more experienced local coaches around Latas (La Forest), we can spend triple the salary on a foreigner (who can't win with a local based unit), but unless we understand and address the state of the game locally we'll continue the merry-go-round of coaches and the roller coaster of emotions inconsistency and mediocrity bring.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2010, 07:20:32 AM »
So wait nah...some ah allyuh diehards finally want tuh flickin FIRE Lincoln.....

nice tuh here....time tuh bring back Friggin Wim then....surely we woulda be further ahead by now....and maybe would have qualified for South Africa

U know we always a day late and a dollar short.

1]; } ?>