April 24, 2024, 05:27:41 AM

Author Topic: Honour of hosting the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.  (Read 32322 times)

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Honour of hosting the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 10:29:44 AM »
Maybe this is an indictment on the US and England from a world perspective ???  ??? ??? but I sure as heck don't know what Russia have to get the WC...Once again, money talks.  FIFA has to be the most corrupt organization in the world.....steups...... ...Russia...please....
Maybe now the warriors could get pay bc...yuh know who get paid....That said, Qatar could be an interesting host
Arimian to meh heart

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »
steups... its real bothering me how much ppl r bitching all over about russia and qatar hosting the WCs. they have a good several yrs to prepare especially qatar and ppl shouldnt underestimate them too far b4 the fact. for all u know we may get the best WCs from both. i dont understand why so many ppl wanted 2022 in soccer hating USA. i rather a new country than 1 that held it relatively recently. i was kind of hoping for australia but we have to live with for now.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 10:37:51 AM »
steups... its real bothering me how much ppl r bitching all over about russia and qatar hosting the WCs. they have a good several yrs to prepare especially qatar and ppl shouldnt underestimate them too far b4 the fact. for all u know we may get the best WCs from both. i dont understand why so many ppl wanted 2022 in soccer hating USA. i rather a new country than 1 that held it relatively recently. i was kind of hoping for australia but we have to live with for now.
Clearly yuh thinking with yuh heart and not yuh brain.  The WC in the US, greatly benefits CONCACAF and that includes us.  Yes, of couse I being selfish b/c I live in the US but the US has all the infrastructure available, the largest stadiums, the transportation, plus it would allow the game to continue to develop at a faster rate here in the US.... Honestly, I really feel this is some kinda world indictment of the US....but I may be wrong....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 10:47:26 AM »
Russia has the resources to stage 2018.
Kudos to them.

So does Qatar.
But really, Qatar?
1.3mm population.
Average temps in June/July/Aug is
97/104/99 degrees?

Does that mean every stadia is going
to have a retractable roof?

Remember the Brasil x Arg game that was
recently played there? And what pace the
game was played at?

I am sure the Euro's are real happy they
have to go play in the desert in June/July.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 10:48:07 AM »
The US already hosted the WC in 1994. Give another country a chance. They deserve it as is years upon years they would preparing for it. Small ting...............

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »
What a joke

I feel happy for the fans in Russia and Qatar but upset over the corruption and disgusting nature of FIFA to award the Host Countries

that Russia choice had to be sweetened with large cheques ... in every study they had the worst f the 4 bids.. England had the best productivity and revenue gain and finish dead last?

I feel sorry for the English Fans and Bid team... they deserved the 2018 World Cup... they didnt get caught in any bribe claims, or any other obvious acts of Corruption... where as Russia and Spain/Portugal had massive corruption claims..England's media busted the FIFA Officials selling bids and Panorama exposed other FIFA Corruption... hence giving the world an actual confirmed view of the dirty disgusting ways

So by having the most honest bid and having the balls to expose FIFA they were blacklisted and they simply took Cash and rewarded Russia.... We live in a sick World

I'm actually interested to see the Qatar World Cup...Technology will be the key feature... Should be interesting...would have liked Australia to get it or USA to help our chances of Qualifying but happy for Qatar

But that Russia 2018 decision is a massive joke... would have rathered Spain/Portugal...  f**king Abromovich and Putin and Blatter, Jack and the rest of FIFA can f**k off

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »
yuh know under all the kicks i was kinda happy for Qatar... small country... small population... getting a chance on the world stage... etc

but this is just pure fawkery!!!! and a damn vex  >:(  >:(  >:(

The foreign office advises that it is a punishable offence to drink alcohol or be drunk in public in Qatar
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Russia and Qatar
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 10:57:04 AM »
ah lost...what is the security risk with russia?

Heard of Chechnya... perhaps?

I'm stunned... really. But I guess I shouldn't be... there's no way you can convince me that Russia and Qatar won the bids over England and the US on merit.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:59:54 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2010, 10:58:50 AM »
England only got 2 votes....Jack has been a naughty boy  :devil:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 11:03:18 AM »

that is a real snake yes... Putin must have sent him a big cheque yesterday so he can pay the players

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2010, 11:06:04 AM »
Clearly yuh thinking with yuh heart and not yuh brain.  The WC in the US, greatly benefits CONCACAF and that includes us.  Yes, of couse I being selfish b/c I live in the US but the US has all the infrastructure available, the largest stadiums, the transportation, plus it would allow the game to continue to develop at a faster rate here in the US.... Honestly, I really feel this is some kinda world indictment of the US....but I may be wrong....

Yeah the disappointment is mostly out of self-interest. I sure some youth in Afganistan looking forward to a short trek to 2018 all now, but Russia and Qatar are less appealing to me than England and the US for obvious reasons.

I was looking forward to hitting some WCs with my family in 8 and 12 years time. Russia and Qatar would be more educational from a cultural standpoint but much more restrictive and less fun trips for a family.

I honestly don't think this is a statement about world opinion about the US. From all reports the US were less willing to commit to some of FIFA's requests. Another key thing with FIFA is that even if this administration commits they need to have some confidence that future ones would comply and follow through. It is a lot easier to get an assurance like that from Qatar than the US.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:11:17 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Russia and Qatar
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 11:08:21 AM »
ah lost...what is the security risk with russia?

Heard of Chechnya... perhaps?

I'm stunned... really. But I guess I shouldn't be... there's no way you can convince me that Russia and Qatar won the bids over England and the US on merit.

Of course dey did Bakes, whatever are you impying??.... :devil:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 11:09:59 AM »

And one of them is Jack Thompson. Jack will say that he vote but the Guatemalan and Blazer went the next way.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:11:45 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »
There is no justifiable reason for Russia to be selected over England.  !FIFA is a disgusting organisation.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2010, 11:17:09 AM »
People talking about money. The US was promising all kinda billions from commercial deals, so what exactly was the US saying there ???

Let some other countries host football.

What is to be gained playing in England that isn't there already. The people done football mad, the EPL done making tons of money, money. Money flowing there already.

Take the game to other places  :beermug:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Russia & Qatar it is
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2010, 11:22:48 AM »
Well the worlds biggest Stripper, goes for the Dollar, Dollar Bill yah!

Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 it is
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2010, 11:23:49 AM »

And one of them is Jack Thompson. Jack will say that he vote but the Guatemalan and Blazer went the next way.

i now post my disagreement in the other thread...

the Guatemalan maybe... but Chuck does never break from Jack... never..
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Russia & Qatar it is
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2010, 11:28:54 AM »
Well the worlds biggest Stripper, goes for the Dollar, Dollar Bill yah!

Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 it is

I'll strongly consider going to both!

Russian women usually have long legs and are usually fit & attractive while the Qatar women are normally quite exotic but prohibited! I need to score some goals in both those countries before I die!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:32:28 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »
I feel so badly for England. They spent so much time, effort and money in putting in the bid.

I feel badly for English fans.

Well at least they have the Olympics in 2012

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2010, 11:38:37 AM »
People talking about money. The US was promising all kinda billions from commercial deals, so what exactly was the US saying there ???

Let some other countries host football.

What is to be gained playing in England that isn't there already. The people done football mad, the EPL done making tons of money, money. Money flowing there already.

Take the game to other places  :beermug:

No fellah, it have "Money" - Which is the England and US bids which were proven to be the most profitable alternatives in terms of accountable revenue that would accrue to the hosts and to FIFA.

Then it have "My Money Ha Ha" - Which is the Russian bid which is the most profitable alternative in terms of 'unaccountable revenue' that would accrue to the big wigs.

Ah so it go.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »

Blazer could not go against Jack...he couldnt risk the USA 2022 vote.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »
I feel so badly for England. They spent so much time, effort and money in putting in the bid.

I feel badly for English fans.

Well at least they have the Olympics in 2012

England is disappointed...it would have been the best tournament ever, no contest. But de truth is we already have fantastic football in this country every weekend...most fans care more about their club than the national team...we go forget dis by Saturday.  :beermug:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2010, 11:49:02 AM »
Surprised that Qatar got it.  I was hopin for d US.  That is real far to travel for 2018 and 2022.
In Russia they still racist.  It would be terrible if they start peltin bananas.
Plus the Qatar heat will be dangerous.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2010, 11:56:09 AM »
Surprised that Qatar got it.  I was hopin for d US.  That is real far to travel for 2018 and 2022.
In Russia they still racist.  It would be terrible if they start peltin bananas.

Qatar will be a polished product, but awarding the WC to a country with no footballing pedigree whatsoever is a joke. Noone can name one footballer from Qatar.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »

Qatar will be a polished product, but awarding the WC to a country with no footballing pedigree whatsoever is a joke. Noone can name one footballer from Qatar.

12 years. Dem could go shopping in Brazil....buy like 30 10 year olds...make dem citizens...and have dem ready.

Anyhow...ppl REAL vex.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2010, 12:00:51 PM »
I wonder if some of the race driven posters that hated the fact of England getting it and were willing anyone else but England to get it are happy that Russia won?...well fun fact.. Russia are going to racially destroy any African team on the field... or any team with a black player..guaranteed

So yea.. celebrate because England didnt get it..but when you hear the shit in the stands and the banners.. doe lemme hear allyuh in a uproar

And Spain Portugal would have had the same shit too....  so fix yuh mix... enjoy the show

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2010, 12:03:58 PM »

Yuh wrong their two players who missed these goals are world famous!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NQLylizGmDs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NQLylizGmDs</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2010, 12:18:01 PM »
I'm happy for the Russian people because their government is now obligated to improve their woefully antiquated infrastructure...in the host cities at least.  That said I'm really disappointed for England, there are few places in the world that could have done a better job hosting it or where the fans have a greater passion for the game.

Qatar's win is a joke.  I have no doubt that the Qataris will spend billions and build the most advanced stadia the world has ever seen but who will fill them?

The cynic in me finds it hard to believe these decisions were made without the benefit of mass quantities of rubles and riyals changing hands.  The lesson here is that the World Cup is simply too big an event for it's location to be decided by 22 executives in a closed room.  Of course it will never happen as it's simply too lucrative for the 22 in question for them to ever consider a more open and democratic process.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2010, 12:26:02 PM »
Poor england....they so proper ..dey trot out PRINCE WILLIAM and Mr. BROWN et al.

when alldey hadda do was sen in ah hooligan with ah bucket ah cyash and dey woulda get troo
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2010, 12:32:38 PM »
this is indicative of the power shift in world politics. expect india and china to be next in the running for years following 2022

1]; } ?>