April 26, 2024, 04:41:52 PM

Author Topic: Yorke gets Level B coaching badge.  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Yorke gets Level B coaching badge.
« on: December 07, 2010, 06:14:39 AM »
Yorke gets Level B coaching badge.
...but unsure of coaching in England
T&T Guardian Reports.

Former Manchester United forward and Soca Warriors captain Dwight Yorke, this year completed his English Coaching “B” badge.

However, the former T&T captain says he’s not sure if he wants to take another three-year coaching course that would make him eligible for a head coach position in the English Championship, if it is that a fair chance is not going to be given.

Yorke, now a football pundit for Sky TV, speaking a few weeks ago said when a chance comes, it has to be taken and he’s been known for doing that quite a few times in his career.

“I'm not going to do three more years to get qualifications and no one gives you an opportunity,” Yorke said last week. It is no secret that there are seldom black head coaches in the English top flight or Championship Division.

He said if he does return to the game in England as a coach, his style would definitely not be based on that of Roy Keane, the man he played under at Sunderland.

Yorke, who could be in the running to coach the T&T team as speculation continues over the future of current coach and his close friend Russell Latapy also served as an assistant coach for the latter part of his final season there. “The one thing when you become a manager is you've got to be able to deal with your players.

Individuals are different. Roy had been fortunate enough to play for Manchester United, at the very best of the best for 14 years. So he doesn't see outside that. I'm not saying he has to go around putting his arm round players every two minutes but he has to learn that individuals do need that from time to time,” Yorke said.

“That for me was the disappointing thing with Roy. I was there as a senior player and I'd tell him he could do things slightly different. As a manager you've got to make tough calls but I was trying to help him and say 'you need to deal with this situation a little bit better'. My experience of being in the game for 23 years as a pro is that you've got to be able to deal with people. I don't think Roy is a people person.”

Yorke added that he is a one opportunity guy and would hope that aspiring stars grab their chances at first hand. “I’m a one-opportunity kind of guy,” is how he puts it. “I did it in football and in my life. I have one opportunity and I either do it or not and then I walk away.

I firmly believe in that.” “I've been very lucky and blessed. Hand on heart, I made mistakes. I was a very easy-going free spirit, a very laid-back West Indian type of bloke. If I could turn the clock back, I could have done things better but who wouldn’t?

My advice is to enjoy the moment because it doesn't last, it goes away from you so quickly. I realise that now, being out of the game, but I’m happy and I have no regrets. If you ask me if I'd do the same thing again I probably would because truly I was happy and that's why my football was what it was. I've tried to change, two or three months sitting at home, and to be honest it's not me.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke gets Level B coaching badge.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 06:24:47 AM »
So...de question is.....wha other options yuh have?
 Are coaching badges from England only valid in England?
Wouldnt having one of those badges at least meet the prerequistes for another country?
Cant what you learn there probably bring some benefit to some other country *cough*like here? *cough* in some way?

Yes the dubious nature of being given a chance as a coach is a concern...but....without the required qualification....you making it easier to be overlooked.

Buh den again i doh necessarily know anything....this just my uninformed opinion.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 06:28:45 AM »
Tobago United awaits you  ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 06:34:05 AM »
Well Said Bourbon- Well Said.Yorke should get the required Qualifications and then he is in a position to challenge the Status Quo. Now they will argue that someone with the necessary Qualifications got the job ahead of him, Then there are other footballing nations other than Britain. Maybe one of the Caribbean Islands may be a good place to get his feet wet.
 Remember A prophet has no honour in his own country and after Latas experience - Well his buddy aint making it easy for him to wear the crown.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 07:10:01 AM »
That is Yorke way of putting pressure on people to give him a wuk.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »
so much past black players in england. Why not pool your money and buy a team.

That way you can appoint a black man as coach and be the change.

them men lapsing.

you will wait forever if you waiting for a man to give you something.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 10:56:40 AM »
Here is a small advise, go and do some coaching at any decent level, prove that you can coach and in the process you will gain some valuable experience that will be of great help when you get a big coaching position.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 11:05:56 AM »
A couple of things. "B" licence in England is the same as UEFA B as far as I know.

Why wait to get a coaching job in England ? What happen to the other leagues world wide? Far to many top players do not want to work their way up through the coaching ranks.

The fact is not many English coaches are sought in the top leagues and some may say for good reason.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 11:35:23 AM »
How Dwight know he will like to manage or even that he will be an effective manager if he doesn't test the waters on a small scale somewhere? Those are a couple of the questions any person looking to hire him would be possibly be asking. I think he needs to find out first of all if he has what it takes before painting a picture of doom and gloom about possibly not getting a chance to manage.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 01:31:31 PM »
How Dwight know he will like to manage or even that he will be an effective manager if he doesn't test the waters on a small scale somewhere? Those are a couple of the questions any person looking to hire him would be possibly be asking. I think he needs to find out first of all if he has what it takes before painting a picture of doom and gloom about possibly not getting a chance to manage.

St8 talk
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 02:08:13 PM »
You guys jumping the gun .But maybe latas was holding the fort down till Dwight was ready .....yeah right .
Dwight is a young man ,now is the time to get his papers in order for what ever in the future .

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 08:42:22 PM »
Dwight looking fuh de fast track ... or rather the fastest track. Ah understand. Dahis de man trajectory and career path ... why expect him to change now? He doh strike me as a trenches man ... he doh seem like a man who willing to move to the margin to come back to the center at a later date.

If he's serious about coaching he'll be willing to place himself in ANY environment conducive to learning and humility. Ideally, he should position himself in a SERIOUS coaching apprenticeship ... being given the reigns of anyone's national team (not even Tuvalu's) shouldn't be seriously considered by Yorkie ...

Men gehhin tie up wid this coaching badge and coaching licence ting ... having a licence B or A is not the end point ... iz ah departure point. The men who come through the trenches bring it because they have established a body of work, have demonstrated commitment to coaching as a profession, and have learned and mastered the transition inherent in moving from player to coach.

People geh kicks off ah Emenalo and the Chelsea scene buh yuh could see dahis a brother committed to the game on the sidelines ... same way yuh could see why Paul Clement would be Ancelotti's man. Even Pep didn't just surface. Whether iz scouting or day to day on the training ground, Dwight has to get grounded. No star boy appointments will serve him in good stead.

Anyway, ah like his perspective on man-management although they were expressed in the anti-Keane form. He has to decide what it is he really wants to do.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 08:48:32 PM »
I don't think Roy is a people person.”

When people tell me Dwight wasn't the brightest bulb in the fridge, I used to say they didn't like him because he from Tobago eh...but this one have me shaking me head...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »
The man has a point though.

It have men who does not even stop playing yet and does get hired as manager.

so why not him..

Look at southgate.

yes you can work your self up the ranks but you can also get the job with no experience.

1]; } ?>