March 28, 2024, 07:35:53 AM

Author Topic: Dear Mr Latapy  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dear Mr Latapy
« on: December 01, 2010, 06:18:50 PM »
First off, I would like to thank you for stepping up to the plate and proving your love for not just football but also your people.  We fans all know that football is not an easy business to maneuver in Trinidad.  So we sincerely say thank you for all that you have done within your tenure as coach.  Latapy, I believe I speak for many fans of T&T football when I say, you will always be loved and cherished as one of the greatest players in concacaf.  Brother, at times we might cuss you but the truth is, we love and support you.  It can be argued by many pundits that success for you as our national coach was never in the cards. 

However, as fans we believed for the magic of the 'Little Magician.' :) We hoped for a fairytale ending and what better leading man but you Latas.  Sadly, this isn't the movies, the end isn't produced in favor of the key characters, there's no one to say "Cut, let's do that again".  Unless you're a certain character in T&T football.  ;)  Nonetheless, we think it's time to resign, don't wait for them to fire you.  Don't wait for them to play this out and scandalize you.  You deserve better.  We're in favor of a change but not at the expense of demoralizing your efforts for your country.  Everybody makes mistakes, hopefully we can learn from them.

Trinidad football is like a very tough equation to solve.  Latas, way better coaches than you have failed at solving it, so as you review your tenure take everything in measure.  Life is what you make it. 
So as fans we applaud you Russel Latapy and say thank you for your service as coach of T&T, we wish you the best and hope to have you around T&T football for years to come.

God Bless
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Mr Latapy
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 07:15:32 PM »
 ... also Dear Latas,

I wish to thank you for contributing to the thankless nasty job of T&T senior team football coach, to be in the firing line of an ungrateful public who mostly sees a footballer who chooses to sweat for little reward, as fit for ridicule as a shittong, even if the same youngster were to try his best, in stark contrast to de armchair waggonist analyst on say de forum who often eh do squat as any form of national service. If you decide to step dong, on your way out please let the public really know what's going orn behind de scenes, so anybody following won't get unfairly roasted like how you geyyin'. Tell them:

1. What games and internationals you asked for and did not get.
2. What explanation Scamps gave you for how TTFF managed to be broke again and cyah afford a warm up game unlike all the other Digicel teams at that crucial point just before the finals.
3. Whether the players and staff were getting paid and if not, why, knowing the potential devastating effect on morale in these hard times.
4. Why is it so acceptable to lynch the coach and not the administration which will continue to choke all future coaches unless they have the leverage of Beenhakkker who told Jackula HYMC.
5. How much blacklisting pressure you were under, if at all.

I have more questions to pose later.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:20:51 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 07:33:31 PM »
4. Why is it so acceptable to lynch the coach and not the administration

That is NOT the truth and you know it.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 07:40:26 PM »
After you recieve your last pay check make sure you cash it then go back to the office and tell scamps and the blood sucking one to hold they mothers cant .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 07:52:36 PM »
I do not think latapy will be fired.

every journey has setbacks, they need to give him a few years and see what we can get.

It is not like we are favorites to make the world cup so realistically we are not risking that much.

The side played well in Trinidad , went to martinique

Started bad, Lost while playing with 10 men.

Lost to a wonder goal from Grenada in a game we created chances enough to win the game comfortably.

Beat the host to mentally recover from the initial devestation

right there that is an improvement.

We have to remember this is a young team.

They have been having problems on the road and it will take time for them to learn how to execute away from home.

Patience is what is required.

Latapy is doing the right approach and hopefully he will be given the full 4 years to try to develop the squad.

in 2013 when we not in the world cup we could assess his job at that time to see if he is the right man to build for 2018.

We need to be realistic.

At this point in time we do not have players capable of competing at the top level in concacaf.

Hence this squad will not make the world cup or even go far in the gold cup even though they should have moved on from the group.

Long term planning and patience is what is needed.

man want to bring a "Mourinho coach" to come here for 2 years and take a bunch of money and walk away when TnT does not make the cup.

I rather give the money to latapy since he will be around we football for the rest of his life.

He also has a vested interest in the development of youths and our future.

Stick with Latapy

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 08:45:02 PM »

every journey has setbacks, they need to give him a few years and see what we can get.

It is not like we are favorites to make the world cup so realistically we are not risking that much.

Lost to a wonder goal from Grenada in a game we created chances enough to win the game comfortably.

They have been having problems on the road and it will take time for them to learn how to execute away from home.

Latapy is doing the right approach and hopefully he will be given the full 4 years to try to develop the squad.

in 2013 when we not in the world cup we could assess his job at that time to see if he is the right man to build for 2018.

We need to be realistic.

At this point in time we do not have players capable of competing at the top level in concacaf.

Hence this squad will not make the world cup or even go far in the gold cup even though they should have moved on from the group.

man want to bring a "Mourinho coach" to come here for 2 years and take a bunch of money and walk away when TnT does not make the cup.

I rather give the money to latapy since he will be around we football for the rest of his life.

Stick with Latapy

I understand the sentiments yuh expressing, but they are fanciful ... even from Russell's career perspective "a few years" would be better spent elsewhere.

On top of all ah dat, doh ignore that patience has an expiry date. You willing to give a blank check re: time, but not one re: $$$$/ Yuh convinced that one is less harmful than the other, ent?  .... Not so pardnah. In the end is a fail same way.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:54:37 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »

We need to be realistic.

Stick with Latapy

Nah he needs to bounce. 

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 11:41:59 PM »
WIM WIM WIM
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 06:48:50 AM »
The truth is Results/ Results/ Results/ every Coach knows this in every Sport.
 The other Truth is most of the players on this Team wil not even be on the bench come W/C qualifiers.
 What is needed is good scouting and bringing players back in a Camp situation and start playing friendlies during the FIFa International dates.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 07:31:37 AM »
Dear Latapy,

We going Brazil!!!

Kind regards,

Brown.
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 08:34:45 AM »
Dear Latapy,

What does Anil have to say? Or does he spalk alot but doh have d balls to back up his spalk?!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 08:10:22 PM »
Dear Latas

Thanks eh, laters and

Peace out

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 09:12:45 PM »
Dear Latapy,

We going Brazil!!!

Kind regards,

Brown.

Come join us in d WN 4 d lime of a lifetime.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinishottaz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 03:05:50 PM »
DEAR lata's
               leave u embarrassed our side and u brought our football to lowest of lows , im mean for goodness sake u were a player before i would hope because of the many years of playing  the beautiful game u would of have some sought of knowledge of it but to my demise u dont   do us all a favor ride to flick out

Your's sincerly
trinishotta

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 04:55:17 PM »
latas...dey say life expectancy gettin shorter in t'dad...i wa make ah world cup so move nah

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 05:23:50 PM »
One set a short sighted, small minded, anti-Latapy bull shit... like if the TTFF not accountable too!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 05:40:30 PM »
One set a short sighted, small minded, anti-Latapy bull shit... like if the TTFF not accountable too!

Ok some please styart a Dear Mr. Camps thread
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 09:58:57 PM »

Wisdom finally. Ah boy, ah was wonderin' if is jess peer pressure to talk tata or we really collectively so weak.
 :-\
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 10:28:22 PM »

Wisdom finally. Ah boy, ah was wonderin' if is jess peer pressure to talk tata or we really collectively so weak.

Dreamer and College we ALL know the TTFF is ultimately responsible for the mess T&T football is in.  However, Latapy took a job HE must have known he was not qualified for.  Now that he has failed miserably is time for him to go!!  I'm not so sure what is so weak about stating that.

He is getting pound just like when we pounded Maturana, BSC, and whoever else got pounded before I reach on this forum.  Latapy do shyte and he's getting called on it. Simple.
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 09:21:47 PM »

Dreamer and College we ALL know the TTFF is ultimately responsible for the mess T&T football is in.  However, Latapy took a job HE must have known he was not qualified for.  Now that he has failed miserably is time for him to go!!  I'm not so sure what is so weak about stating that.

He is getting pound just like when we pounded Maturana, BSC, and whoever else got pounded before I reach on this forum.  Latapy do shyte and he's getting called on it. Simple.

Tell em Brown....Nobody anti-Latapy.  If anything we pro success.  The TTFF is a none issue because we done know what they about.  But whoever, takes the job has to deal with the expectations job, which is to win. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 10:01:22 PM »

Tell em Brown....Nobody anti-Latapy.  If anything we pro success.  The TTFF is a none issue because we done know what they about.  But whoever, takes the job has to deal with the expectations job, which is to win. 

PRO SUCCESS in this structure is a hit and miss. We hit wit d Don we miss wit Mats/Latas

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 01:29:52 PM »

PRO SUCCESS in this structure is a hit and miss. We hit wit d Don we miss wit Mats/Latas

Yeah but I never see we miss by this much ever.  :) 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 02:06:44 PM »

Yeah but I never see we miss by this much ever.  :) 

:beermug:

1]; } ?>