April 19, 2024, 02:14:33 PM

Author Topic: No games in 2011.  (Read 3920 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
No games in 2011.
« on: November 30, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
World Cup qualifying starts in 2012, Caribbean Zone.

No Gold Cup for T&T in two years, unless Cuba pull out and T&T get some luck as best third place finisher of the current caribbean cup. This is where T&T football reach, from Caribbean kings to Caribbean queens, we hopeing for a mistake to make it to the gold cup, we cant even get out of the group stage...

No Caribbean Cup for T&T until late 2011 or 2012, not sure if they play the caribbean cup every year as their was none in 2009. ?

No one wants to play us a friendly, except Guyana and Antigua and them out of all competition too.

Our players have not been paid since the Chile game.

In two years half de players on this current side will be old. Why didn't we build on the under 20 team that went Egypt.

Our women senior team and men under 23 is about to try and qualify for the Olympics and they not even preparing for it, then we will hear the same excuses.

The under 20 team and the under 17 is doing ok, I wish them luck especially against Central American and North America teams as them teams play with alot of heart, something we dont have and just give one of our players a trial in the UK and all of a sudden they forget how to play football.

The TTFF and the Pro League on two different vibes. We have 15 small leagues in T&T, why ?? that killing our football too.

What will we do now ? I mean I know what I would have done, but knowing the TTFF we have to assume.

Do you think the TTFF will pay millions to bring in a top foreign coach and we have no football in the next year+. So Latapy here to stay until December 2011. ? ...  >:(

I respect Latapy for one thing, he did find a few decent players (Molino, Winchester, Joevin) with Marshall and Hector forcing their picks as they did well with their clubs and he give them the chance, Hector was a member of the T&T team before Latapy though. He also dropped Aklie Edwards and Makan Hislop.

My advice to Latapy if the TTFF keep him (which I hope not, maybe he should coach our youth team), stop being so block headed, accept help, consider being assistant to a better coach and work your way up and get some professional coaching course to improve your knowledge. And Ross Russell is not a coach, get a better assistant, maybe Stuart Charles.

I dont understand how one man could wreck an entire nation into pieces, his name is Jack Warner, all the money and clout he has and still no one in this entire world (except Darryl Warner) respects him. He has destroy our football to prove a point, why not just step down and let someone better take over ?

How we cant get our act together for over 20 years.

I wish things was different.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 07:00:52 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No games in 2011.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:22:38 PM »
There is still Panam games and Olimpic qualifiers?

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 10:19:42 PM »
Yo waddup Sam. I see u aint taking this shit too good nah.
I have made 2 posts in the last 12 months on the forum, i think this warrants another one.
You are correct, is real salt for we. I sure the U-20's that went Egypt woulda be competitve in this tournament with good preparation and Vranes at the helm.
But enough of hypothetical scenarios.
We know Latapy will be out, as Anil said this was the measuring stick. I feel he will be appointed as a youth coach or asst. the question is who will take the helm. Chances are an interim until middle next year.
About the games, we in even more trouble. We hadda rely on a backdoor entrance to the Gld Cup, it sound shameful, but so it hadda be for now. If we get it, we taking it. With Grenada, cuba and potentially Guyana/Antigue/Guadalupe in the mix, chances are high that one of them will pull out from the Gold Cup.
The game tomorrow between Guadalupe vs Antigua is important. Jamaica will easily beat Guyana.
The ironic thing i was remembering was that in the very first shell caribbean cup, we needed a last minute free kick from Yorke to beat Grenada in d final. And that was the full Strike Squad in d middle of Italia 90 campaign. Somehow in these caribbean cups, whenever they played outside of Trinidad, we struggle immensely. I will be surprised if we have won it more than twice on foreign soil. I distinctly remember Jamaica not even qualifying for the finals of a caribbean cup, and not progressing out the group stages a couple times and laughing at them for that, yet they would still beat all these teams come WCQ very easily.

Some of the blame also have to lie with the CFU - these tournaments should be better organised in the main off seasons so countries culd get their best players. I know this year was tough though with the WC in summer.
At the end of the day, a world cup team like Trinidad should not be getting these kinda results. Imagine what the US thinking about us now (if they even studying we).
I just hope when WC qualifying come around nobody come back with the same stupid line of too many foreign based and locals aint getting a fair chance..... in 1989, our best players were still home based (bar Nakhid). In 2010, our best players are overseas.
If we getting a backdoor into the Gold Cup, I taking that.

To me the biggest tragedy of this entire thing is the implications for what this means about our PFL.
It is currently very weak, our teams are being beaten frequently now in the CONCACAF champions lleague, and you would think for the supposed best league in the caribbean, in mid season, we would have a stock of players ultra fit and the best technically. And people cry down Beenie when he expressed his disgust with the PFL....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 10:25:35 PM »
Ah bet allyuh anything that TNT would be in the gold cup. remember they always invite 2 teams from comebol to play in the competition since north america only have 3 teams. jack is still in control of concacaf and he could make it happen, remember last gold cup haiti replaced cuba who with drew from the tourney.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 10:35:55 PM »
Utilize the FIFA Calender with good opposition friendlies with our best available squad being selected... play some European teams in Europe... less travel expenses for the foreign based... 1 plane from T&T bringing the locally selected and MLS selected ... March 26th next matchday.. I think most UEFA teams have Euro Qualifiers but some dont... I'm sure the teams that are not playing wouldnt mind a friendly

Play many B Internationals(Non FIFA Matchdays) with the local group and continue to develop them and have a local pool and hopefully have them near the level of the oversea based pro's so when they merge the gap isn't significant

June 2011 - Training Camp with best team and then either host or attend a tournament with invited teams...Example we can host a few teams..Invite 3 teams and play them in a group format...the opposition must be good enough for us to improve and allow us to be up for it and use intensity etc.... some teams that will inspire us to play at our best and for the crowd to come out

It's called a Football Programme... they have a calender specifically designed for International teams to create a programme... it's not rocket science..we are just lazy and have the wrong people in charge

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 10:37:14 PM »
Utilize the FIFA Calender with good opposition friendlies with our best available squad being selected... play some European teams in Europe... less travel expenses for the foreign based... 1 plane from T&T bringing the locally selected and MLS selected ... March 26th next matchday.. I think most UEFA teams have Euro Qualifiers but some dont... I'm sure the teams that are not playing wouldnt mind a friendly

Play many B Internationals(Non FIFA Matchdays) with the local group and continue to develop them and have a local pool and hopefully have them near the level of the oversea based pro's so when they merge the gap isn't significant

June 2011 - Training Camp with best team and then either host or attend a tournament with invited teams...Example we can host a few teams..Invite 3 teams and play them in a group format...the opposition must be good enough for us to improve and allow us to be up for it and use intensity etc.... some teams that will inspire us to play at our best and for the crowd to come out

It's called a Football Programme... they have a calender specifically designed for International teams to create a programme... it's not rocket science..we are just lazy and have the wrong people in charge

Well said SM
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 11:07:23 PM »

Ah have tuh give it tuh yuh kid, yuh have balls of steal and real faith to go with that, ah hope yuh right, BC it beginning tuh look like is down hill from here on in.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:31:12 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 11:11:27 PM »

Ah have tuh give it tuh yuh kid, yuh have real faith, ah hope yuh right, BC it beginning tuh look like is down hill from here on in.

We've been heading downhill since after the 2006 World Cup players got blacklisted and already near the bottom.

Is how to try to reverse direction and to start heading back uphill is what we need to work on doing from this point.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 06:50:23 AM »
Football is dead here.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 07:30:03 AM »
Ah bet allyuh anything that TNT would be in the gold cup. remember they always invite 2 teams from comebol to play in the competition since north america only have 3 teams. jack is still in control of concacaf and he could make it happen, remember last gold cup haiti replaced cuba who with drew from the tourney.
That rule is no more since FIFA mandated that only nations in a specific confederation could play in that confederation's premier football event. Example: Euro Championships, Asain Cup, African Nations Cup etc.
jjbrown

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »

Ah have tuh give it tuh yuh kid, yuh have balls of steal and real faith to go with that, ah hope yuh right, BC it beginning tuh look like is down hill from here on in.

Such a simple thing to make too...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 01:05:24 PM »
World Cup Qualification is 2011 as per CONCACAF new proposed format. Games start in September.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 02:23:50 PM »
I think allyuh misunderstanding what Pinky and D Brain are really try to tell allyuh. They don't really care about the Gold Cup because it is not really Gold. They are after the World Cup because that is the true gold cup. Dig it?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 02:31:55 PM »
we I was small my coach said No games only training.

let them train for a whole year then come back again when they ready to play

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 04:48:01 PM »

Everything you say here is what we should do. By now you would think it's common sense to try to get matches on FIFA dates and call your best players. I'm just tired of the nonsense.  Latapy will take all the blame and TTFF will continue with their mismanagement of the National teams. 2010 has been the worst year for football and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Not a single change has occured at the Federation and not a single change will occur will the National Senior team.

1973,1989,2005...... once every 16 years in the absence of a good administration, two islands in the blue Caribbean sea coincidentally has enough talent and experience to mount a decent attempt at the World Cup. The Federation's practices since 2006 has been to the detriment of the senior team and has done little to alter that trend. The U17 and U20 World Cup qualifications have been the only bright spot and that has since faded away because of mismanagement of the TTFF.

As long them fellas there it won't get better for a while.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 07:41:08 PM »

Wishful thinking, for one why would they invite a garbage fail team like Trinidad that couldn't beat Cuba or Grenada. Also to hear the commentators every game saying "Trinidad shouldn't be here" etc

Also with FIFA under fire why would Jack risk getting TNT involved in a tourny they couldn't qualify for in the first place. I don't want to see any teams in Gold Cup that don't deserve to be there. Trinidad DONT deserve to be there PERIOD. AND TO DO WHAT, EMBARASS US FURTHER? LET THEM CLOWNS STAY HOME.
Calm down my yute, weh yuh going on so fuh?? apparently you're not familiar with this gold cup, BC last yr haiti bummed out the competition and they was allowed to participate BC cuba was unable to attend the dance.

all i doing is keepin hope alive.  BTW, you think if jack warner truly wanted us this this competition we wouldn't be there?

like you forgettin that the gold cup is ah concacaf tourney and jack warner is the president of cancacaf ? GC equals money! gate receipts and TV rights, that is money jack losing by by T&T being out.

you do the math.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 08:04:18 PM »
World Cup qualifying starts in 2012, Caribbean Zone.

No Gold Cup for T&T in two years, unless Cuba pull out and T&T get some luck as best third place finisher of the current caribbean cup. This is where T&T football reach, from Caribbean kings to Caribbean queens, we hopeing for a mistake to make it to the gold cup, we cant even get out of the group stage...

No Caribbean Cup for T&T until late 2011 or 2012, not sure if they play the caribbean cup every year as their was none in 2009. ?

No one wants to play us a friendly, except Guyana and Antigua and them out of all competition too.

Our players have not been paid since the Chile game.

In two years half de players on this current side will be old. Why didn't we build on the under 20 team that went Egypt.

Our women senior team and men under 23 is about to try and qualify for the Olympics and they not even preparing for it, then we will hear the same excuses.

The under 20 team and the under 17 is doing ok, I wish them luck especially against Central American and North America teams as them teams play with alot of heart, something we dont have and just give one of our players a trial in the UK and all of a sudden they forget how to play football.

The TTFF and the Pro League on two different vibes. We have 15 small leagues in T&T, why ?? that killing our football too.

What will we do now ? I mean I know what I would have done, but knowing the TTFF we have to assume.

Do you think the TTFF will pay millions to bring in a top foreign coach and we have no football in the next year+. So Latapy here to stay until December 2011. ? ...  >:(

I respect Latapy for one thing, he did find a few decent players (Molino, Winchester, Joevin) with Marshall and Hector forcing their picks as they did well with their clubs and he give them the chance, Hector was a member of the T&T team before Latapy though. He also dropped Aklie Edwards and Makan Hislop.

My advice to Latapy if the TTFF keep him (which I hope not, maybe he should coach our youth team), stop being so block headed, accept help, consider being assistant to a better coach and work your way up and get some professional coaching course to improve your knowledge. And Ross Russell is not a coach, get a better assistant, maybe Stuart Charles.

I dont understand how one man could wreck an entire nation into pieces, his name is Jack Warner, all the money and clout he has and still no one in this entire world (except Darryl Warner) respects him. He has destroy our football to prove a point, why not just step down and let someone better take over ?

How we cant get our act together for over 20 years.

I wish things was different.
Sam, this is some of the most sober writing that I have encountered on this board.. Period!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 08:27:33 PM »
There is Panam games and Olimpic games!!!!!

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why we will be stuck with Latapy for the next year (2011) after all...
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
Fellow Forumites, I think I've figured it out... The TTFF has been planting the clues all along... the TTFF did not have enough money for a single warm-up match for the SENIOR National team a few weeks ago, but they just sent the U-20's to a tournamant in Columbia, and the U-20's were in Venezuela a few months ago playing in a tournament too!! With no WCQ's or Gold Cup for the seniors, they will focus on the U-23's and U-20's and U-17's who all have important qualifiers coming up in 2011... then in 2012 when the 2014 Qualifiers begin, Latas will be replaced by a big name Foreign Coach who will then be entrusted with getting us to Brazil... and so the SAME thing the TTFF have done since 1989 will be repeated YET again... the more things change, the more they stay the same!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 12:08:22 PM »

Well said SM
Wow! None of this was said when T&T slaughtered St. Vincent, Guyana and Haiti during their group stages. ::)

jjbrown

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »

Well said SM
Wow! None of this was said when T&T slaughtered St. Vincent, Guyana and Haiti during their group stages. ::)

What??

this is a thread discussing the 2011 plans...

I know Jamaicans are a f**king retarded species but you just take the cake

yun'no fi talk bout battyboy?  Scum

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 12:18:58 PM »

Well said SM

If you sure of that then you must have enough time on your hands to read evey single post on this board!

That does not give you much time left to spend on your own Reggaeboyz forums!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 01:49:08 PM »

Well said SM

If you sure of that then you must have enough time on your hands to read evey single post on this board!

That does not give you much time left to spend on your own Reggaeboyz forums!
True. But since I work at a cable company where I am the Tech Head. I have enough time after checking the system.
Right now I watching the Jamaica vs El Salvador playing in the FIFA Beach Football World Cup on CONCACAF TV.

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/forcelogin/PostLive/0,,12907~609403,00.html

Also beginning next year the company will be upgrading the system to digital.
jjbrown

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 03:39:42 PM »
f**k jack warner
Hart for president

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »
f**k jack warner

Panam and Olimpics(All those who sad England lost can go there). I bet all yuh the Warriors go win the Gold.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 04:45:51 PM »
whats the point of having any game anyways?

the ttff cannot pay these players until the court case is settled, if they are made to pay, forget about any football till qualifying and expect the players who do get the nod from the ttff to take a big pay cut.

if some funds come along  8) then expect latas to ride and a new coach to step in for the qualifying for brazil 2010 bc it is profitable to the ttff for tt to qualify.

right now paying players over 9 months is a waste for ttff since they in court. they actually didn't mind us not qualifying bc they will have to pay more money to these players.

so the players throw the game, end of story, latas knows the situation as well.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 04:53:26 PM »
whats the point of having any game anyways?

the ttff cannot pay these players until the court case is settled, if they are made to pay, forget about any football till qualifying and expect the players who do get the nod from the ttff to take a big pay cut.

if some funds come along  8) then expect latas to ride and a new coach to step in for the qualifying for brazil 2010 bc it is profitable to the ttff for tt to qualify.

right now paying players over 9 months is a waste for ttff since they in court. they actually didn't mind us not qualifying bc they will have to pay more money to these players.

so the players throw the game, end of story, latas knows the situation as well.

I have no issue with your reasoning . But they got their arse wash good and proper!!!!! They don't know to throw a game even if they wanted to. No excuses sah!!!!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 11:24:19 PM »

some teams plays march 25th, others play march 26th, a few (also) play on March 29th

March 26th leaves Sweden, Turkey, Lithuania, Estonia, Azerbaijan and Moldova

Teams that aren't playing either day are Portugal, Montenegro, Ukraine. Scotland, Poland, Finland, Iceland, Faroes and San Marino.

Good luck getting any team that doesn't have a match on the 29th to come out and play a friendly with a bunch of bums from the caribbean after a hard fought qualifying match

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2010, 05:00:01 AM »
Football is dead here.

You sure??  Cuz from what I hear, we ________________________ !!!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 06:50:09 AM »
Football is dead here.

You sure??  Cuz from what I hear, we ______GOIN BRAZIL__________________ !!!!!!
Just finish it for yuh  ;D

1]; } ?>