April 24, 2024, 11:42:39 AM

Author Topic: In defence of waggonists....  (Read 2355 times)

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
In defence of waggonists....
« on: October 18, 2005, 05:39:17 AM »
Ah don know why waggonists getting such a bad name ...is like the MLK speech... one day wagonnists and true soca warriors will cheer side by side..... these brothas shout as loud, wine and drink as much as normal fans... in fact they're usually the first ones to pick up on the players who need the bull pistle, if only because they always critical.....but the real issue is that sometimes waggonists have serious issues... like devoting a lifetime (ok that's an exaggeration), or several years to the sport and just getting shaft, year after year (11/19/1989), so one way of dealing with it is to kinda tone down the exuberance for a while and then when things pick up a bit jump back on the train...... ah not even going to mention cricket...... so when we reach germany ....and believe me more waggonists will be in the stadium than die-hard fans .... if yuh see one take the time to shake a waggonist hand and have a carib with the brotha.... give the waggonist a lil respect..... :chilling:

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: In defence of waggonists....
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 07:29:46 AM »
 All boils down to sacrifice... I was home for 2 weeks for carnival and I find mih tail in the oval and stadium for the 2 warm up matches against Haiti... Ah sit next to a man who wnet with some partners (stadium) the man obviosly went because of the lime and talking as if he know so much, saing Nakhid just  turn 32......
I happy for de players when they look around and see a full staium, they don't know who is bandwaggonist or diehard, so from that aspect it is good.
But if I cyah get a ticket to the game because all the bandwagonnist get before me ah go be damn vex. ;D

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 07:46:56 AM »
Yes, but those so called Trinis who were laughing at the Warriors a few weeks ago and now playing 'big time' supporter,  eh deserve no respect.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 07:49:31 AM »
Problem is, like my partner above said, plenty waggonists dunno nuttin but like to talk plenty and hence only talkin a set a $h*t. Daz get true die hards vex. Also true supporters get vex when they cah get tickets to a game because waggonist rush to buy ticket to a pivotal match which they truly don't know too much about. They can't tell you the names of our players, far less the club teams they play for. These ppl, like Touches always saying, doh even know how to behave in d stadium. Dey does kill d wave and shoutin at man who standin in front of dem and wavin flag.

Just to let you know, on d 12 not a man should be sitting during that entire match. Everybody have to be on their feet for the ENTIRE game!
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 09:42:35 AM »
I sorry I cyar defend a waggonist.

Where were you all when the going was rough!

Where were you when Bertille was in charge?

Where were you when we were being schooled by our caribbean neighbours.

I fed up get into talks with man...some of them saying....see them men, not me and dem fellas nah, I good I done.

I get enough off.....boy you is a real optimistic fella, you real hopeful.

I get, what you wasting yuh money watching dem fellas for. I have better things to do with my time.

Eh heh..........Guatemala and Mexico game people calling me and asking if I get my ticket for game and who making the lime.

I not on that!

Imagine I watching Mexico game and man telling me to sit down.He pay he money to see the field like everybody else.
When I tell him he shouldnt of waste he hundred and he was better off staying home and watchin it on TV he had to hush.

Alyuh waggonist feel the players ent know. Alyuh waggonist feel the diehard ent know who yuh is.

If yuh ever went to a TT game in the lean and hungry times, once yuh sit in the same area yuh know yuh fellow diehard supporters, because is you and them in the thick and thin right tru............it come like alyuh is family.

When man killing the wave, telling man to sit down, telling man to stop making noise and telling man to put down yuh flag.....yuh does really wonder what side they supporting and what is they purpose.

Alyuh ent remember a man who write a letter in the papers and call we zigaboos and vex he went the game because a man was waving a flag blocking him..........this is d shit I cyar take. Another woman write this week how we shouldnt boo the opposition when they names were being called as this is upsetting. Of course it is, thats the intent we must make the opposition uncomfortable.

Simoes when he came wanted to show us how to support, in his various weekly pr letters. He gave us instructions on how to be a 12th man  and what our purpose and role is for the team. He showed the Jamaican fans how it is done.

Alyuh ent understanding the seriousness of this World Cup thing. Maybe I getting worked up, but the hard work, sacrifice and effort that has been made by the players and from other fans in supporting the team......when man make chupid comment, or upset yuh when yuh backing yuh team it does make yuh want to cuss.

But for the waggonists............I cyar defend alyuh but I will welcome you because joy is a thing that must be shared. Just know this important fact.

Your purpose in the stadium is to give support to the 11 men on the field. Your purpose is the lift the players if they are down or keep them focused when they are playing well. Your purpose is to make the opposition feel uncomfortable and any little advantage you may bring by making noise, shouting abuse or chanting is welcomed. The purpose of waving a flag is to give hope and inspiration to the men on the field and to remind our players of what they are representing. The noise from the iron, tassa, pan and whistles is the war chant or tempo to drive the players on and to spur success.

If yuh vex man booing, if yuh vex man blocking yuh because he stand up...........you stand up too. if yuh vex a man waving a flag, do not ask him/her to put it down because the flag is not for you. If yuh want to suport the team............make noise and come tru.
If yuh coming to look for lime and gyul and yuh killing fellow supporters of the team spirit, and by extension the players on the field.

Do the Needful, stay and watch the game at home with yuh friends.

I ent care who get vex with me for this post. Plain talk bad manners.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 09:45:12 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 09:45:20 AM »
I sorry I cyar defend a waggonist.

Where were you all when the going was rough!

Where were you when Bertille was in charge?

Where were you when we were being schooled by our caribbean neighbours.

Oh gorm.  Doh bring back dem nightmares nah man.   ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 10:00:24 AM »
allyuh doh worry with Touches eh... he forget to mention the main reason for him going to all them warriors games he mention..pie and stag and the fact that he fraid school and use the games as excuse to break beech!..now he calling people waggonist! ;D

Seriously doh..it have anyone more passionate that T when it comes to Trini football?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 10:04:40 AM »
Hahahah
stag and pie
In d pics it look like he lashin a KFC easy easy
Real dam waggonist never went a PFL game or watch match in the Marvin Lee
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 10:13:59 AM »
Samo,ah understand what yuh saying. When Trinidad play de US ah posse of us went to see the game from Brooklyn. Bam!! US scores within de first minute :(..Yuh  know dem same fellas start to talk de shit "Trinidad would NEVER be able to beat the US, Dwight Yorke is de worst player on de team ah whole bunch a crap.You know Trinidad went and beat Mexico they calling me and asking meh if ah going Trinidad on de 12th or if ah having a lime by meh house ...Yuh know the same man that say get rid of Yoke done book ah flight to Trinidad on de 11th....LOL WAGGONIST!!!!!  :rotfl:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 10:52:12 AM »
Oh goosh,

Jumbie yuh make meh out.....I thought I was underlow all this time.

But seriously..There was a Pie and Stag conspiracy in the stadium in the Mexico game.

There were No piemen in grounds........none atall.

Thats why I had to resort to KFC. also the stag sellout and it was only carib, so I resort to drinking some heinekin in something that resemble a peardrax tin.

Stag still hard to get...its real pressure.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 11:10:15 AM »
Oh goosh,

Jumbie yuh make meh out.....I thought I was underlow all this time.

But seriously..There was a Pie and Stag conspiracy in the stadium in the Mexico game.

There were No piemen in grounds........none atall.

Thats why I had to resort to KFC. also the stag sellout and it was only carib, so I resort to drinking some heinekin in something that resemble a peardrax tin.

Stag still hard to get...its real pressure.

ah feel 4 you breds..buh at least you left a winner ;D

One note to add.. allyuh ever notice that the waggonists then always have loose change to buy ticket etc.. even ticket from as far as US and Canada to fly een for the games.. whey boy! ah guess one ah the prereq to being ah waggonist is that you can't be poor..

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 11:12:41 AM »
another prereq is you have to refer to me mum as de white boy
i hate that with ah passion, no respect
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 11:16:51 AM »
an u callin him me mum lol :rotfl: :rotfl:

christopher birchall
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 01:57:41 PM »
listen, they know they are waggonists. but do you expect them to act like that? you expect them to go to a match and sit there. theyre trinis and when they see a game, they gonna get excited. itll evoke memories. altho i can understand how the shit talk gets out of control, that i can see get die hard vex.

secondly, how many of you have ever missed out on tix because of waggonists? then you all will turn around and say you welcome jloyd back because its one country, and contradictory talk like that.

steups,leave them. we need their support. its all part of rallying/unifying the country. if waggonists didnt show up then theyred be no need for national sports.
Hart for president

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 07:30:58 PM »

I fed up get into talks with man...some of them saying....see them men, not me and dem fellas nah, I good I done.

I get enough off.....boy you is a real optimistic fella, you real hopeful.

I get, what you wasting yuh money watching dem fellas for. I have better things to do with my time.

Eh heh..........Guatemala and Mexico game people calling me and asking if I get my ticket for game and who making the lime.

I not on that!

Doh play yuh throwing words they for me yuh know Touches.

Now on the other extreme it have men like me and Touches yuh is a man
know where I coming from. If yuh check meh name it is Disgruntled Trini cause I is a man jes disgruntled. I born and grow up in Woodbrook and I going football since I was knee hight to ah ants. I cry in that stadium Nov19th and since then I bitter and now the cricket team eh fearing too much better. But now I seeing a lil light at the end of the long tunnel so I starting to go meh lil game now. So if all yuh wha label me a waggonist then so be it.

Més que un club.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
All this talk about waggontis
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 07:41:20 PM »
All this talk about waggontis does not make sense because we all know if they don’t come out the stadium will be empty that’s a fact we all know what happen the last world cup qualifiers after we fail to qualify the site was dead only the true die hards continued to post and we know  who we are. 
Empty barrels make the most noise

1]; } ?>