April 27, 2024, 07:26:37 AM

Author Topic: Warner gives Cameron a lesson in the brutal realities of FIFA politics  (Read 19582 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner gives Cameron a lesson in the brutal realities of FIFA politics
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2010, 11:24:26 AM »
A reminder why the sun has set on the empire ...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2010, 11:48:30 AM »
As much as people may despise England, how can it make sense to stage World Cups in countries with very little football interest?
Would the NFL play matches in Bosnia?
Would ICC play matches  in Sweden?
Would the IOC put the winter olympics in Jamaica (even if the Jamaicans promised to build mountains and snow making machines and then distribute these to 3rd world countries after the games)?
Of course not.

In the quiet words of the virgin Mary, "Come again?"
You don't think that football is the #1 sport in both countries?
How do you reason that they have "very little football interest"?

Edit:
Even if football was not #1 in those countries, how about USA 1994?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:51:55 AM by Peong »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2010, 01:08:03 PM »
Well, Elan, thank you for your clarification on the duty of the press.

For 4 years, aside from Liburd, the only journalists asking real questions about Warner and FIFA were English. I don't recall the Russian or Qatari media enlightening their citizens about the corruption in FIFA. The reason why is that they don't enjoy the luxury of a free press. In the FIFA press ratings, both countries scored the lowest...which means they would be no threat to FIFA. This vote was about 3 things....
1)minimising the ability of the press, thereby the citizens, of the host country to enjoy any transparency of the financial transactions surrounding the tournaments
2) The potential of billions of petro dollars filtering into FIFA pockets
3) The expansion of FIFAs global markets

This was a cynical decision based on money and secrecy. FIFA do not want to operate under the glare of media inspection.
As much as people may despise England, how can it make sense to stage World Cups in countries with very little football interest?
Would the IOC put the winter olympics in Jamaica (even if the Jamaicans promised to build mountains and snow making machines and then distribute these to 3rd world countries after the games)?
Of course not.
A world cup in England is the dream of most true football supporters and players of any nationality.
The stadiums are there, the climate is right, the supporters (of any qualifying nation) are there.
Racism is practically non existent.
How can Qatar beat Australia? How can Qatar beat USA?

The British press, on the whole, kept quiet in order for the bid to get its best chance. Is this wrong? Maybe. But trust me, if we had won, they would immediately begin to ensure that there were no financial misappropriations. Thats what FIFA were scared of.
So people may laugh that England were dismissed. But today, the English are laughing at the football world. The world cup lost its magic and credibility yesterday and the world of football will be poorer.

And, guys, believe me, this  effects T&T. People think T&T is corrupt because thats the impression created by Warner. And the fact that the Trini media continually fail to investigate Warner just adds to that belief.
People in England are bitter, and they won't forget this for a long time. The future King of England was lied to his face by Jack. You think he's gonna forget that?
Trinis should be ashamed that the best known trini is Jack Warner. He's flying your flag, and its embarrassing. I find myself defending T&T. All English people know is that this guy is a crook and he's fromTrinidad.
Its a sad day for England & Trinidad

I hate to quote the entire thing... but well-said.  God knows that Trinidad ent big enough in the minds of the rest of the world such that they would separate us from crooked shenanigans of Jack Warner.  Simple name association... Trinidad & Tobago= Jack Warner= backwater corrupt third world nation.

Remember, it's not lost on these people that 'we' elected this man to our Parliament, to them that is tacit endorsement of his practices.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2010, 01:25:56 PM »
Beetween Football Supporter and Palos posts I vacillating

They both make very good points...esp. w/ regard to Qatar
although football supporter lorse mih wit dat future king of england ting...WFC bout dem relics

Nevertheless, under table money clearly did pass..so everyones salient points are kinda moot
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2010, 01:48:49 PM »

For 4 years, aside from Liburd, the only journalists asking real questions about Warner and FIFA were English. I don't recall the Russian or Qatari media enlightening their citizens about the corruption in FIFA. The reason why is that they don't enjoy the luxury of a free press. In the FIFA press ratings, both countries scored the lowest...which means they would be no threat to FIFA. This vote was about 3 things....
1)minimising the ability of the press, thereby the citizens, of the host country to enjoy any transparency of the financial transactions surrounding the tournaments

This was a cynical decision based on money and secrecy. FIFA do not want to operate under the glare of media inspection.
Of course not.
A world cup in England is the dream of most true football supporters and players of any nationality.
The stadiums are there, the climate is right, the supporters (of any qualifying nation) are there.

The British press, on the whole, kept quiet in order for the bid to get its best chance. Is this wrong? Maybe. But trust me, if we had won, they would immediately begin to ensure that there were no financial misappropriations. Thats what FIFA were scared of.
So people may laugh that England were dismissed. But today, the English are laughing at the football world. The world cup lost its magic and credibility yesterday and the world of football will be poorer.

And, guys, believe me, this  effects T&T. People think T&T is corrupt because thats the impression created by Warner. And the fact that the Trini media continually fail to investigate Warner just adds to that belief.
People in England are bitter, and they won't forget this for a long time. The future King of England was lied to his face by Jack. You think he's gonna forget that?
Trinis should be ashamed that the best known trini is Jack Warner. He's flying your flag, and its embarrassing. I find myself defending T&T. All English people know is that this guy is a crook and he's fromTrinidad.

I hate to quote the entire thing... but well-said.  God knows that Trinidad ent big enough in the minds of the rest of the world such that they would separate us from crooked shenanigans of Jack Warner.  Simple name association... Trinidad & Tobago= Jack Warner= backwater corrupt third world nation.

Remember, it's not lost on these people that 'we' elected this man to our Parliament, to them that is tacit endorsement of his practices.

As I said in another post, Jack's name is dirt here. Fact - the average man on the street is not associating TnT wid Jack Warner (mainly because they couldnt care less where he is from, he is just some black man from a foreign country) but the British govt is likely to hold a grudge for some time.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2010, 01:56:56 PM »
Nevertheless, under table money clearly did pass..so everyones salient points are kinda moot

Under de table money passin is a fact of life.

It have no more corrupt organisation than the IOC

Money does pass wit de ICC

It does pass wit de CDC

Money passin, over, under, through, round, behind, all over de place.  Dat is life and who tink tings like who get to host Superbowl, Olympics, Cricket World Cup, Panorama etc is a transparent process jes bein naive.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2010, 01:59:20 PM »

Under de table money passin is a fact of life.

It have no more corrupt organisation than the IOC

Money does pass wit de ICC

It does pass wit de CDC

Money passin, over, under, through, round, behind, all over de place.  Dat is life and who tink tings like who get to host Superbowl, Olympics, Cricket World Cup, Panorama etc is a transparent process jes bein naive.

cynical view... but that is life i guess  :-\

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2010, 02:00:54 PM »
Just want to add a couple thoughts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was listening ot 5Live from Wednesday night and it was sad. they were mentioning the news that Putin was not going to travel and they started out saying that put soem doubt over the Russian bid. That was fine it was common paper talk but by th ened of teh program they were describing the Russian bid as being "in retreat" and saying that it was between  Spain and England. Evrybody on the programme describe the Dutch/DBelgian bid as being absolute no-hopers (they get more votes than the English). In one hour they went from beinghopefullyoptimistic to over confident.
Yeah, d British media went rel overboard....the general feeling here on Monday was that we were outsiders, by Thursday we had installed ourselves as the favourites....for no good reason.

The England bid was in disarry. For 2006 they and SA lose out to Germany.

They lost because they had agreed to cede WC 2006 to Germany in return for Germany stepping aside when England wanted Euro 96. They then broke their promise, which did not go down well they were seen as cheats and their bid tanked. Jack backed them though, which is why courted him again this time around.

This WC they had apps to stream live audio coverage to your phone and highlights during the game. That was unimaginable in 2002. In 2018 I fully expect live games to be streamed everywhere including phones on a PPV basis. That is the kinda money that dwarfs any cut of the gate receipts they might expect.
Many TV channels here in Britain already broadcast on mobiles...I pay £6 per month for a Sky Sports/ESPN subscription, and watched many world cup games on my Iphone. The technology was already there. I doubt it will become PPV since there are laws in many countries requiring WC games to be free.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2010, 02:14:24 PM »

So much time had been invested in courting Warner. A friendly international in his native Trinidad and Tobago in June 2008. A subsequent visit from David Beckham, who ended up, with his son Brooklyn, staying in Warner's home. 'I have a great relationship with Jack,' said Beckham on the eve of yesterday's vote. At least he thought he did.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1335208/2018-World-Cup-bid-England-ticked-boxes-Warner-broke-word-dark-politics-took-over.html#ixzz173Vyz9AJ

:o

Boy Jack Warner is seriously crooked
Hart for president

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »
So qualifying for Germany '06 is no history...this is why these felllas can't come to terms with the fact that will not win a World Cup any time soon, unless they change their coaching philosophy.  Any one smelling inflated ego.  The EPL is what it is because of the legion of foreign players that ply their trade there.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2010, 02:28:08 PM »
The England bid was in disarry. For 2006 they and SA lose out to Germany.

They lost because they had agreed to cede WC 2006 to Germany in return for Germany stepping aside when England wanted Euro 96. They then broke their promise, which did not go down well they were seen as cheats and their bid tanked. Jack backed them though, which is why courted him again this time around.

I know the history surrounding the bid. My point was that Germany were far superior to England at the lobbying process, so much so that they were able to wrest it from SA who were huge favourites

This WC they had apps to stream live audio coverage to your phone and highlights during the game. That was unimaginable in 2002. In 2018 I fully expect live games to be streamed everywhere including phones on a PPV basis. That is the kinda money that dwarfs any cut of the gate receipts they might expect.
Many TV channels here in Britain already broadcast on mobiles...I pay £6 per month for a Sky Sports/ESPN subscription, and watched many world cup games on my Iphone. The technology was already there. I doubt it will become PPV since there are laws in many countries requiring WC games to be free.[/quote]

A $6/month subscription is a type of PPV. Likewise over here for phone servicce you had a pay a one-time fee to access live content on the app. My point was that just as these weren't common options 8 years ago, in 8 years time they will reach a much wider segment of the world market. Also the games are never free. There may be requirements that rightsholders make them available on free to air networks but the rights have to be paid for by the rights holders. It is just a question of whether they recoup their money with advertising or cable subscriptions. Also it is unlikely that any of these laws would apply to a secondary distribution media like phones.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2010, 02:40:18 PM »
A $6/month subscription is a type of PPV. Likewise over here for phone servicce you had a pay a one-time fee to access live content on the app. My point was that just as these weren't common options 8 years ago, in 8 years time they will reach a much wider segment of the world market. Also the games are never free. There may be requirements that rightsholders make them available on free to air networks but the rights have to be paid for by the rights holders. It is just a question of whether they recoup their money with advertising or cable subscriptions. Also it is unlikely that any of these laws would apply to a secondary distribution media like phones.

I dunno who paid what, but there were also free 2 air channels broadcasting WC games on mobile here in England, in addition to Sky/ESPN.

Anyway, I get yuh point.

Personally I dont know if a mobile PPV model (in its narrowest form) would boost profits too much...most people are never too far from a TV. And internet broadcasting of PPV events has failed badly to date.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2010, 02:44:31 PM »

... So people may laugh that England were dismissed. But today, the English are laughing at the football world. The world cup lost its magic and credibility yesterday and the world of football will be poorer. ...

i personally agree with this statement.  But in the overall scheme of things, Money will overshadow this loss of magic.  For example, the Olympics have been plagued with accusations of corruption, yet the IOC continues to prevail and the Olympics continue to be a big attraction with big money tied to it. So will FIFA continue to march into the future.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2010, 03:43:47 PM »
I personally don't care where they host the world cup. However I am all for the boycotting of fifa. There honestly needs to be a new governing body for the sport. One that is transparent and without an agenda.
Trouble is this is near impossible to achieve without government intervention, which would be a mess by itself.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2010, 04:25:26 PM »
Side note on the Qatari question:

Yesterday I was talking about the selection on facebook with a good friend of mine from UAE... I mentioned that although no one doubts Qatar's ability to host an event of this magnitude, especially since they have tons of money at their disposal, Qatar's main challenges will be related to creating a completely climate-controlled infrastructure to keep people out the heat, temporarily relaxing social norms to allow for drinking, scantily clad girls and the like, and then convincing the World that this is a tournament for "everyone" to attend. Here's what he had to say:

"Infrastructure is not a problem, they will be building pretty much a world cup city just for the event with 5 world class stadiums away from current Qatari cities with new hotels and road systems to handle the event. The laws in Qatar are not that strict but the social norms will be something to deal with. Especially since soccer is the #1 sport in the middle east and many arabs will be coming from neighboring countries- i can see that as being an issue but Qatar is looking to be the hub for soccer in the middle east and i can see them putting great efforts to be as liberal as possible to keep a good image for future events. Also Qatar is very safe, low risk of crime for fans, unlike Brazil :)"

Guess I'll start saving for Qatar from now...

A lot of people have no idea how HUGE football is in the middle east.  And I also think a lot of the resistance to Qatar hosting it is majorly down to plain ignorance and some xenophobia

I for one have no problem with Qatar being awarded the World Cup.  Football is advertised as THE WORLD'S GAME.  But for some people apparently it's showpiece event must only be held in certain parts of the world.

Maybe now a whole demographic of football lovers will be able to realize THEIR dream of attending a World Cup Finals in a familiar environment.

Just like when some of them have to travel to western countries and endure people wantonly getting drunk in the streets under the guise of "partying", now people from western countries will have to deal with a different environment.

It was the same sort of thing that happened when South Africa was given the World Cup to host.

Same ting with Russia.  It's a no brainer for the largest country in the world with a solid football tradition be given the right to host the World Cup.

I eh go lie, it would be much easier for ME to travel to either England or the USA.  And for sure I would rather go to either than Russia or Qatar.  But the same way I feel so, it have millions who would rather go to Russia and Qatar.  And one ting we have in common is a love of football.

And for those that talk about racism in Russia, ah bettin if de Spain and Portugal bid did win, yuh wouldn't hear nutting bout racism despite the NUMEROUS occasions that black players in Spain have been abused...including Ronaldinho and Eto'o.

Congrats to Russia AND Qatar.

Sense  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2010, 04:45:08 PM »
I'm not saying England didn't have the best bid, because I think they did but everyone knows that getting the nod from FIFA to host the WC isn't always about being the best. Blatter (at least he acts like) he wants to share the WC around the different parts of the world. What's so wrong with Eastern Europe getting a WC? Western Europe regularly gets it, Italy, France, Germany. And the arrogant tone of the English media is starting to piss me off.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2010, 09:53:24 AM »

So much time had been invested in courting Warner. A friendly international in his native Trinidad and Tobago in June 2008. A subsequent visit from David Beckham, who ended up, with his son Brooklyn, staying in Warner's home. 'I have a great relationship with Jack,' said Beckham on the eve of yesterday's vote. At least he thought he did.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1335208/2018-World-Cup-bid-England-ticked-boxes-Warner-broke-word-dark-politics-took-over.html#ixzz173Vyz9AJ

:o

Boy Jack Warner is seriously crooked

Y YUH SOUNDING SOOOOOOOOOO SURPRISE?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2010, 09:57:28 AM »

Of course not.

Sad day 4 Trinidad my problem wit d Brits grease d people hand in private. I just find they was 2 obscene.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
EXPOSED : Seven FIFA fat cats who betrayed England's bid
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2010, 10:08:58 AM »
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3260095/7-FIFA-Bigwigs-who-vowed-to-support-England-bid.html
By SHAUN CUSTIS, NICK PARKER, Chief Foreign Correspondent, and RHODRI PHILLIPS

Published: Today
SEVEN FIFA fatcats who are accused of destroying England's World Cup bid are named and shamed by The Sun today.

The executive committee members are said to have indicated to our bid team - which included Prince William, PM David Cameron and David Beckham - they could be relied on to pick England to host the 2018 championship just hours before the crucial vote.

Vice president Jack Warner, America's Chuck Blazer, Guatemala's Rafael Salguero, Korea's Chung Mong-Joon, Cyprus's Marios Lefkaritis, Turkey's Senes Erzik and Ivory Coast's Jacques Anouma are the key figures at the centre of the storm.

Each of the seven is said to have indicated their vote was in the bag. It is claimed Warner even put his arm around Wills and told him: "You can rely on me." But in the early hours of Thursday a team of FIFA delegates met with Russia's campaign team at a Zurich hotel.

And in a secret ballot at FIFA's Zurich HQ hours later, England got just two of the 22 votes - neither of which came from the seven. After a second round of voting, FIFA chief Sepp Blatter announced the 2018 World Cup would go to Russia.

A bid insider yesterday said of the seven: "They are a disgrace the lot of them."

Last night, the head of English football announced he is QUITTING because he refuses to deal with the stitch-up merchants of FIFA.

Roger Burden, the acting FA chairman, said he would not stand for the permanent job in protest.

He raged in a letter to FA board members he was "not prepared to deal with people whom I cannot trust". He added: "It's difficult to believe the voting was an objective process."

Meanwhile Andy Anson, chief executive of England's 2018 bid, said: "I'm not going to beat around the bush - individual members promised to vote for us and didn't. Myself, David Cameron, David Beckham and Prince William were looking people in the eye, asking for their vote and being told, 'Yeah'."

He added: "Russia did a lot of last-minute lobbying and votes appeared to switch at the last minute. I still find it hard to believe."

England's two votes came from our own Geoff Thompson and either Japan's Junji Ogura or Cameroon's Issa Hayatou. Turk Erzik's failure to back England is particularly surprising as he is a close friend of Thompson. After the vote Erzik claimed: "It was nothing personal, just business."

Anson was yesterday still struggling to come to terms with Russia's shock victory, which came amid widespread reports of corruption.

He said FIFA insiders were claiming a BBC Panorama probe into alleged bribery among its officials had sunk the UK bid.

Panorama linked three FIFA executive committee members to a £66million backhanders scandal and accused Warner of selling black market World Cup tickets. Anson said: "They are saying to us that our media killed us. I don't believe that for one minute.

"I hope it is a convenient excuse and they just had other reasons for going to Russia. Because for me it's a c*** excuse."

Blatter is believed to have personally assured Mr Cameron that the programme would have no role in the committee's decision. Anson said England should not consider bidding for a World Cup again until the voting system changes.

He added: "I'd say right now don't bother until you know that the process is going to change to allow bids like ours to win.
"When you have the best technical bid, fantastic inspection visits, the best economic report, and from what people told us the best presentation, it's quite hard to stomach that seemed to count for absolutely nothing." Anson said the fact the world leaders such as President Obama had blasted the FIFA voting shambles proved something was badly wrong.

He added: "When you get leaders of some of the top countries in the world questioning the process then I think they have to take a look at themselves. We'll see if they are big enough to do that. It is hard not to feel that to some extent this was all decided ages ago.

"To see that wasn't on people's agenda is tough, really tough.

"It does question whether we should have gone through the whole process."

Bemused Thompson also insisted promises of support had been broken. He said: "I cannot believe what has happened and I am naturally very, very disappointed.

"The votes that were promised clearly didn't materialise." Some of British football's biggest names were shocked by FIFA's snub. Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "It is a big disappointment. I thought the criteria for great stadia, good infrastructure, enthusiastic supporters was really strong for the World Cup."

Liverpool's Roy Hodgson said: "It seemed to be everything was crying out for England to be given the World Cup. I was pretty confident we'd get it."

But former England manager Graham Taylor said: "What did we expect? FIFA, as far as I'm concerned, is full of people who say yes to your face and no behind your back."

The FIFA delegates left Zurich's luxury hotels yesterday - some after lunching on oysters and champagne.

When delegate Ogura was asked by reporters if he believed his FIFA colleagues had been underhand he said: "Yes, I think so."

A Russia expert yesterday questioned whether England had been the victim of a dirty tricks campaign orchestrated by PM Vladimir Putin, an ex-KGB chief.

Author Dr Yuri Felshtinsky said: "Russia in general, and Vladimir Putin, has a long history of using improper influence to gain prestigious events.

"Under the Soviet Union it was chess tournaments. Now it is the Olympics and soccer." The BBC has been swamped with complaints from angry England fans who are convinced the Panorama probe sunk our World Cup chances.

The BBC news website had more than 5,000 complaints in the first hour after the vote - and insiders said they were later coming in at 100 a minute.

The video that helped seal Russia's World Cup win was directed by Brit Rupert Wainwright, who made 1999 horror movie Stigmata.

His campaign film tells of a Russian schoolboy's dream of the 2018 World Cup in his homeland.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 10:12:08 AM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: EXPOSED : Seven FIFA fat cats who betrayed England's bid
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2010, 10:38:48 AM »
they should just bring back de rotation, this is getting ridiculous...
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2010, 10:49:54 AM »

Fairest solution really... didn't even think of that.

but wait... how they supposed tuh make money if they bring it back?  :devil:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2010, 12:25:28 PM »
rotation is not good for business  8)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »

Rotation how?

Rotation used to mean 1 World Cup held in Europe and the next in South America

Then it expand to the Americas (Mexico and then the USA)...then further to the far east and africa

So if is dat yuh referrin to, de "rotation" is still in effect

1990 Italy
1994 USA
1998 France
2002 Korea/Japan
2006 Germany
2010 South Africa
2014 Brazil
2018 Russia
2022 Qatar

Europe only "miss" 1 turn

Besides....most football lovers does scoff at Basbeall when dey call it de World Series and is only American teams participatin

Yet because de World Cup is TRULY de WORLD CUP...peeps vex it not being hosted in traditonal venues

Hypocritical to me
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2010, 01:51:13 PM »

Of course not.

and why is that?...steups some ah alyuh like geh carried away yes lol

question: the fifa members are they allowed to say who/if they're goin to vote for you?
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2010, 07:35:37 PM »
That good for England  :devil: :devil: Nice one dey Jack for using them.  Show them thats one black man they cant buy and then want some restrictions.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
Actually I think they should rotate it for each confederation, like they had proposed at first.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2010, 08:00:27 PM »

Rotation how?

Rotation used to mean 1 World Cup held in Europe and the next in South America

Then it expand to the Americas (Mexico and then the USA)...then further to the far east and africa

So if is dat yuh referrin to, de "rotation" is still in effect

1990 Italy
1994 USA
1998 France
2002 Korea/Japan
2006 Germany
2010 South Africa
2014 Brazil
2018 Russia
2022 Qatar

Europe only "miss" 1 turn

Besides....most football lovers does scoff at Basbeall when dey call it de World Series and is only American teams participatin

Yet because de World Cup is TRULY de WORLD CUP...peeps vex it not being hosted in traditonal venues

Hypocritical to me

It only "hypocritical" to you because you looking at it through the eyes of a hypocrite.  Only a hypocrite would objectively look at the situation and say that all things being equal Russia deserved a bid over England.  The existing infrastructure (stadia and logistical support) already in place and England has come close to being considered many times in the past.

As for the rotation... there is nothing that says FIFA has to return to the exact same rotation format as we knew it back then.  All they have to do is tweak it to identify the host criteria (don't make it continental, but look at each Confederation's ability to host the game) and set up a rotation system based on that.  Once the criteria is set, establish the rotation hierarchy and from there it becomes a simple matter of which Federation within the Confderations get to host.  In this case it wouldn't have made the situation between England and Russia (both UEFA members) any clearer, but in the least would have helped bring more transparency to the bidding process between countries from different Confederations (Qatar and the US for instance)... and very likely would lend to a more overall transparent process which might have smoothed the reaction to the announcement for 2018.

Another key thing being lost in this debate is that many like yourself keep on making the strawman argument that people saying Russia and Qatar shouldn't get to host the WC.  I am yet to see anyone say that... the proper argument being made is that they should not have been allowed to host ahead of the other candidate countries.  Qatar has a stronger argument here than the US in that they've never hosted, while the US hosted in 1994 (a span of 28 yrs between WC's).  Reasonable minds can differ, however, considering the climate, logistics and environmental questions which threaten to plague Qatar, the award seems rather fanciful... if not altogether misplaced.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »
does shariah law exist in qatar (no world cup babes thread)?..if so are they going to loosen it up when the world cp swings around?..and also someone pointed out earlier...if israel were to qualify?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2010, 06:55:48 AM »

although football supporter lorse mih wict dat future king of england ting...WFC bout dem relics

Its a fair point. Many British people would complain about the Royal Family. However, they immediately rally round when people from other countries disrespect the Royals. Its an antequated system, but royalty is still respected. Lying to the future King is a fantastically huge political mistake. Any human being who is lied to will always remember and bear grudges against the liar and their associates. Diplomacy is fragile, that was my point.
I can see validity in Russia and Qatar from some aspects (although Australia would have been more deserving IMO). This anger is not because England lost. God knows, we're used to losing! The anger is about a system that is blatantly corrupt. Its time these people are exposed and FIFA cleaned up. We know they self regulate to suit themselves. In what other situation could a member of a group blatantly refuse to pay their employees, deny their working rights, lie and slander in public and still be allowed to continue as normal? FIFA should have suspended TTFF immediately the 2006 wc dispute arose. Warner has twice been accused of ticket touting and found guilty once, yet he still has formidable power. FIFA order governments around. This has to change.
I have already predicted that the British media would spend big money to trap or investigate Warner. The British press is in T&T right now, parked outside Jacks house. These guys are professional investigators who will spend months building their story. Remember Sven? Remember Ashley Cole? Remember John Terry/Wayne Bridge? There are many high profile politicians and businessmen who have gone to prison because of the medias investigations. There are many careers in tatters because people have been exposed as gay, falsifying financial records, making fraudulent claims etc. Jack has struggled to appear clean so far, but he has never fallen under the microscope of the British press. Now they're looking to vent their anger and their sights are set on the easiest target...Jack. If they can, they will bring down Blazer too and eventually Blatter. Jennings has been the lone striker for years, now he will be joined by a multitude of expert dirt diggers and financial pros, including ex police fraud detectives. These people will dig through dustbins to get evidence. They will pay unamed sources. A paper like News of the World would easily spend 1 million pounds to snare Warner.
And the mad thing is that for the first time ever, Jack has lost in court and is facing determined scrutiny of his finances through the courts.
Unusually for Jack, his timing is very, very poor. 2011 should be very interesting for Warner watchers!!!

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2010, 09:53:52 AM »

although football supporter lorse mih wict dat future king of england ting...WFC bout dem relics

Its a fair point. Many British people would complain about the Royal Family. However, they immediately rally round when people from other countries disrespect the Royals. Its an antequated system, but royalty is still respected. Lying to the future King is a fantastically huge political mistake. Any human being who is lied to will always remember and bear grudges against the liar and their associates. Diplomacy is fragile, that was my point.
I can see validity in Russia and Qatar from some aspects (although Australia would have been more deserving IMO). This anger is not because England lost. God knows, we're used to losing! The anger is about a system that is blatantly corrupt. Its time these people are exposed and FIFA cleaned up. We know they self regulate to suit themselves. In what other situation could a member of a group blatantly refuse to pay their employees, deny their working rights, lie and slander in public and still be allowed to continue as normal? FIFA should have suspended TTFF immediately the 2006 wc dispute arose. Warner has twice been accused of ticket touting and found guilty once, yet he still has formidable power. FIFA order governments around. This has to change.
I have already predicted that the British media would spend big money to trap or investigate Warner. The British press is in T&T right now, parked outside Jacks house. These guys are professional investigators who will spend months building their story. Remember Sven? Remember Ashley Cole? Remember John Terry/Wayne Bridge? There are many high profile politicians and businessmen who have gone to prison because of the medias investigations. There are many careers in tatters because people have been exposed as gay, falsifying financial records, making fraudulent claims etc. Jack has struggled to appear clean so far, but he has never fallen under the microscope of the British press. Now they're looking to vent their anger and their sights are set on the easiest target...Jack. If they can, they will bring down Blazer too and eventually Blatter. Jennings has been the lone striker for years, now he will be joined by a multitude of expert dirt diggers and financial pros, including ex police fraud detectives. These people will dig through dustbins to get evidence. They will pay unamed sources. A paper like News of the World would easily spend 1 million pounds to snare Warner.
And the mad thing is that for the first time ever, Jack has lost in court and is facing determined scrutiny of his finances through the courts.
Unusually for Jack, his timing is very, very poor. 2011 should be very interesting for Warner watchers!!!

not disagreeing with what you're saying, but do you know for a fact that the British press are camped outside Jack's house
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

1]; } ?>