March 28, 2024, 06:06:32 AM

Author Topic: Phase 11 to face possible eviction from Woodbrook  (Read 1381 times)

AirMan

Phase 11 to face possible eviction from Woodbrook
« on: December 05, 2010, 09:41:01 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9FcwIRpfeE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/o9FcwIRpfeE</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Phase 11 to face possible eviction from Woodbrook
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 11:36:42 AM »
Much ado about dotishness :yawning:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:38:37 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 04:44:37 PM »
I gave some kudos to Lee Sing for trying to fix the street people situation. But he needs to sit down and work out something with this musical instution. Phase 2 is a positive musical and entertaining institution in the city. There is hardly any more space in POS. Where can this band go. Everytime these bands find a place, something come up and they have to move. where will it end.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 06:07:04 PM »
I gave some kudos to Lee Sing for trying to fix the street people situation. But he needs to sit down and work out something with this musical instution. Phase 2 is a positive musical and entertaining institution in the city. There is hardly any more space in POS. Where can this band go. Everytime these bands find a place, something come up and they have to move. where will it end.

From what i know....Phase II has been given a replacement place already...just they dont like it and dahs de problem. In fact they were given a replacement place long time ago...and just didnt want to occupy it.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:00:28 PM »

From what i know....Phase II has been given a replacement place already...just they dont like it and dahs de problem. In fact they were given a replacement place long time ago...and just didnt want to occupy it.

Where is this replacement?

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 09:02:24 PM »

Steups.....The point is that Trinidadians have no respect or appreciation for dey own culture. Panyards like phase II should be historical or heritage sites because of their cultural importance. In many towns (even small towns) in the US there are historical districts where you can't just come in a build or break dong existing structures because or the historical importance.

It is not as simple as saying "leh dem go dong by de foreshore."

Interesting lyrics huh..........

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEtMZg0fyPA?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aEtMZg0fyPA?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 09:49:05 PM »

Where is this replacement?

On the foreshore . This was given to them about ten years ago. The band rightfully refused to go. That pan yard is to close to the sea and next a garbage truck garage . I remember when band members first when to inspect the yard they said that the smell was disgusting.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 01:37:06 PM »
These diffferent Panyards should have been trying to situate themselves long time now. With the amount of money that goes into making these bands sound good somewhere along the lines they should have been putting aside money for the eventual permanant relocation of their bands. Is just that nobody is making a move because it have nothing for them to get from it. Men trying to hold on to every dollar that they could get from their sponsors so they could spend nice and live like a don juan. IF every year they tell the sonsors they would like a little extra money outside the yearly preparations budget to put aside towards a relocation fund for the band I feel they could have something ready after a 20 or 30 years and not have to go through the indignation of having no where to go when evicted.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

1]; } ?>