March 28, 2024, 07:53:27 AM

Author Topic: The rise, fall & future of a T&T football legend.  (Read 12965 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The rise, fall & future of a T&T football legend.
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 05:12:18 AM »
Very good article and pretty much on point. But I don't see Latapy as a failure. Yes he failed to deliver in 2010. But that is the norm. Only the exceptional ones have done it all. Maybe he is not exceptional after all.  Maybe you guys have put him on such a high pedestal that you unable to accept "failure" from him. I imagine Latas must be in OJ, Lawrence Taylor, Bob Hayes category!!!!!! Put the word FALL in quotes.

Offline Debbie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2011, 05:44:13 AM »
Welcome Debbie!! Glad that you enjoying the forum and decide to post!  :beermug:
Btw ah like your Avatar/Profile Pic!
Which one is you?
Expect ah PM from Sam soon (see his Avatar above) but doh take him on!!  :devil:

Thanks to all for the kind welcome notes. I am the one in the light blue and... I will have to remove my Avatar, right Sam (lol), but I didn't see a Holy Faith Convent logo in there ?

Mr Socapro, you would not believe this, 5 minutes (yes 5 minutes) after I made my first post, I got a personal message from Sam inviting me to a curry-q in Brooklyn on Sunday, he said he lives in NY and sent me his phone number to call him, the other things he said was funny as hell, who is this Sam character ? is he for real ?

And for the guy who said I have a daughter, please, I am not that old, I am 28, well actually, I am up there.... lol

I did see Latapy play and most of it were on Video. The only time I saw Latapy in action in real life it was against Guatemala and Mexico in 2005, I think, he had dreads then, which didn't take him I felt, but he was exciting to watch.

My Dad is a big time football follower and he showed us videos of Latapy in his days and I automatically fell in love with the way he played, I grew up knowing about players like Arnold Dwarika, Toussaint, Glen, Roberts, Julius, Latapy, Yorke, Tasha, Mollon, Cordner, Attin-Johnson, sexy Carlos (off course) and Kenwyne.

I also saw some Pro League games and I like Hughtun Hector, Jerrel Britto, Marchan (a relative) and Anthony Noreiga, I can't remember the others, there were a few more that impressed me.

When Latapy first got the job, my Dad said he would fail because he would never get the support like a foreign coach would.

But after I read Inshan's article above, I got a clearer picture that it was a mixture of things that caused Latapy to fail.

I printed this article for my Dad to read, he is or was obsess with Russell Latapy (as a player).

Do you guys have any vids with Russell ?

Anyways, guys, I am off to work now, have a nice week.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:56:39 AM by Debbie »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2011, 06:20:29 AM »
Mr Socapro, you would not believe this, 5 minutes (yes 5 minutes) after I made my first post, I got a personal message from Sam inviting me to a curry-q in Brooklyn on Sunday, he said he lives in NY and sent me his phone number to call him, the other things he said was funny as hell, who is this Sam character ? is he for real ?

Wheeeeyyyy..... lolol

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2011, 07:28:01 AM »
Wow Debbie proper blowin' up man spot...

Someone hadda give her the forum etiquette run down. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2011, 07:40:29 AM »
... a thoroughly entertaining breach of protocol. Trini hospitality at its finest.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2011, 07:51:41 AM »
Men out here ent wasting time at all  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2011, 08:25:09 AM »
Welcome Debbie!! Glad that you enjoying the forum and decide to post!  :beermug:
Btw ah like your Avatar/Profile Pic!
Which one is you?
Expect ah PM from Sam soon (see his Avatar above) but doh take him on!!  :devil:

Thanks to all for the kind welcome notes. I am the one in the light blue and... I will have to remove my Avatar, right Sam (lol), but I didn't see a Holy Faith Convent logo in there ?

And for the guy who said I have a daughter, please, I am not that old, I am 28, well actually, I am up there.... lol

I did see Latapy play and most of it were on Video. The only time I saw Latapy in action in real life it was against Guatemala and Mexico in 2005, I think, he had dreads then, which didn't take him I felt, but he was exciting to watch.

My Dad is a big time football follower and he showed us videos of Latapy in his days and I automatically fell in love with the way he played, I grew up knowing about players like Arnold Dwarika, Toussaint, Glen, Roberts, Julius, Latapy, Yorke, Tasha, Mollon, Cordner, Attin-Johnson, sexy Carlos (off course) and Kenwyne.

I also saw some Pro League games and I like Hughtun Hector, Jerrel Britto, Marchan (a relative) and Anthony Noreiga, I can't remember the others, there were a few more that impressed me.

When Latapy first got the job, my Dad said he would fail because he would never get the support like a foreign coach would.

But after I read Inshan's article above, I got a clearer picture that it was a mixture of things that caused Latapy to fail.

I printed this article for my Dad to read, he is or was obsess with Russell Latapy (as a player).

Do you guys have any vids with Russell ?

Anyways, guys, I am off to work now, have a nice week.

Yes Debbie, he is for real! The man has posted many of his mad adventures right on this forum, highly entertaining stuff!! :laugh:

Glad my quick advice helped to prepare you for Sam but exposing him like that on the forum will only help to make matters worse!!  ;)

Just to let you know that Sam is a highly experienced wild meat hunter who knows all the tricks in the book, yuh not going to get away now for exposing him like that, he has a ‘rep’ to live up to!!

Ah even hear that Sam and Scrunter used to hunt together for wild meat every weekend when he was living in Trinidad and they would sit down and write parang tunes together to document their wild meat adventures after a successful hunt!!

Check this tune for example, it was written by Sam and Scrunter together after a successful wild meat hunt but Sam allowed Scrunter to take all the credit!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAjUs0de21s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AAjUs0de21s</a>

Notice what the chicken not wearing? Well that was Sam's idea!!   :P
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 01:24:09 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »
I think the title is inaccurate .. so he didnt do well coaching the national team ... it does not constitute the fall of a legend. Ridiculous!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2011, 12:50:38 PM »
Yeah the article was kinda mis-leading in truth...but small thing man!

Debbie my bad, ah try to do ah lil deductive reasoning (and see whey ah end up) and figured if you used to watch Latas play yuh couldn't be as young as dem two girls in the picture.

So ah thought yuh was their mom and just use their pic as yuh avatar.

Hear nah Sam really invite de girl to a Curry-Q??

Enjoy we forum girl, yuh in for quite a ride :)

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2011, 04:20:57 PM »
oh god Sam...hahahaha
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2011, 05:15:53 AM »
Not me pappa, that gul could lie sah..... :devil:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2011, 05:22:18 AM »
I think the title is inaccurate .. so he didnt do well coaching the national team ... it does not constitute the fall of a legend. Ridiculous!

How Ngozi ?

The rise (to T&T coach)
Fall (now fired)
Future (what now)
He was a T&T football legend, a legend has fall as T&T head coach.

Me eh see de big deal to call a boss article Ridiculous anyway (even if you have a point) ! allyuh men doh write but quick to condem.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2011, 08:09:51 AM »

How Ngozi ?

The rise (to T&T coach)
Fall (now fired)
Future (what now)

Me eh see de big deal to call a boss article Ridiculous anyway (even if you have a point) ! allyuh men doh write but quick to condem.

Well said Sam...

As a writer or player or whatever your goal maybe, constructive criticism is always welcomed as its the only way to improve at what you do, but to say the title is inaccurate and ridiculous (in public) adds nothing positive nor respectable and a bit disappointed that a senior poster would say this, one I have known and respected for many years.

Laterz.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2011, 02:35:05 PM »

How Ngozi ?

The rise (to T&T coach)
Fall (now fired)
Future (what now)

Well said Sam...

As a writer or player or whatever your goal maybe, constructive criticism is always welcomed as its the only way to improve at what you do, but to say the title is inaccurate and ridiculous (in public) adds nothing positive nor respectable and a bit disappointed that a senior poster would say this, one I have known and respected for many years.

Laterz.

Hey Flex, maybe you need to add a tool to the board to allow the Moderators to downgrade posters from ‘Hero Warrior’ back to ‘Junior Warrior’ as punishment for disappointing posts like that!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2011, 05:39:39 AM »
Well said Sam...

Laterz.

Sometimes Flex, you really do not know the men you dealing with here, they find fault with everything but yet they do nothing in support of T&T football, what yourself and Tallman do here is unpayable that alone speaks volume and with written articles its always a bonus.

Your article is very well written Flex unlike the ones we get in the T&T dailies.

Ngozi comment was not the best even if he didn't agree.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2011, 07:07:28 AM »

How Ngozi ?

The rise (to T&T coach)
Fall (now fired)
Future (what now)

Well said Sam...

Laterz.

I choose to reply to you Flex since it was your article but naturally my response will also address the other posters who may or may not agree with my comments.
I think men taking things out of context, my disdain for the choice of the title has nothing to do with my level of respect for you or to embarrass you and I know that you know this so I won't harp on it.

Men say I should get downgraded lol .... like a title does make the man ... had to shake meh head and chuckle at that one.

First of all sound article, plenty of facts,  both sad as well as infuriating, but, I maintain my stance "I think the title is inaccurate .. so he didnt do well coaching the national team ... it does not constitute the fall of a legend. Ridiculous!".
I normally choose my words carefully (if not always wisely) I said nothing of the article, simply about the title of it ... and I added the 'ummphh' on the end because that is what I felt about it
First of all the article pretty much deals with Latas unfortunate tenure at the job circumstances of which any other coach at that time would be and always is exposed to when it comes to the ttff.
Basically he tried to do it his way and when you do it that way you only have two options  .... 'sink or swim' ... he sank and landed with a thud .....  what if he had succeeded ... despite the ttff!

I'm an arsenal fanatic so naturally I'm abused when we get our ass handed to us (but the time is coming)
... but Arsene Wenger believes in a philosophy and he sticks to it steadfastly, he also understands that to do that means to accept repercussions with wins or losses and he does in a small way Latas  did that all he knows is attacking ball (knows nothing about defense and never will)
The title can be misconstrued like he had all this talent then he went on the wrong path by trying to 'help' his national team and then crashed and now all that he was  is now blurred because he wasnt able to parlay his talent onto the national team ... basically a title like that would match the maradona story when he eventually went out the game due to drugs and yet ... the same man is now coaching in Saudi Arabia.
I felt the title does not accurately portray what Latapy has meant to the game in TT despite his inabilty to coach the team well.
What Latas did after fantastic service to the country as a player was try to take it even further and help coach the team ...  Latas aint perfect .... but the one thing yuh cyah deny is his love for the game and his love for passing on his experience to the youths.

The title in my opinion too singularly refers to the failures of one man when in truth and in fact what it should have portrayed was simply the continued failure of our system in totality.

So I disagreed with it and stated it in no uncertain terms .... I thought that is what this board was for?
I would expect no less from any article that I wrote or anybody else on the board for that matter.
I give honest assessments about things the way I see it ..... it's not a universally popular concept sometimes .. you toe the line at times..
I go with the crowd only if what the crowd is saying makes sense to me if it does not .. I will not.
Again apologies to who was offended  it wasn't meant... but ....  sound article , misleading title.

Sam I go take the cuss but wha I go do ... I stand by the statement.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2011, 07:29:09 AM »
Not me pappa, that gul could lie sah..... :devil:

Do yuh ting Sam............Socapro playing blocker to get in the good books!!  :D  :D  :D  :rotfl:
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2011, 09:11:46 AM »
Doh study it Flex... it comes with the territory.  I agree that constructive criticism is preferred.  Ngozi, "ridiculous" is just unnecessarily dismissive of everything that was said, yes you explained later that your disdain was only for the title, but hard for anybody to really interpret such a minimal statement in such an expansive way. Even so, as simplistic the application of "fall" might be, it's still applicable nonetheless... the creative use of it seems to have been done with an attempt to craft a headline that encapsulates what the article is about, while drawing the interest of readers. On that front I think you'd have to admit that it was pretty effective.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2011, 09:44:11 AM »
Doh study it Flex... it comes with the territory.  I agree that constructive criticism is preferred.  Ngozi, "ridiculous" is just unnecessarily dismissive of everything that was said, yes you explained later that your disdain was only for the title, but hard for anybody to really interpret such a minimal statement in such an expansive way. Even so, as simplistic the application of "fall" might be, it's still applicable nonetheless... the creative use of it seems to have been done with an attempt to craft a headline that encapsulates what the article is about, while drawing the interest of readers. On that front I think you'd have to admit that it was pretty effective.

Agreed  .... I'll be nicer next time  ... !!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2011, 10:21:44 AM »
Men say I should get downgraded lol .... like a title does make the man ... had to shake meh head and chuckle at that one.

That was meant to be a joke Ngozi hence the :devil: emotion!

Glad you had a chuckle!

Nuff said in your post, you have explained yourself and I am sure Flex will forgive you now and would reconsider downgrading you back down to a "Junior Warrior", what a humiliation that would have been!  ;)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2011, 06:04:59 PM »

That was meant to be a joke Ngozi hence the :devil: emotion!

Glad you had a chuckle!

Nuff said in your post, you have explained yourself and I am sure Flex will forgive you now and would reconsider downgrading you back down to a "Junior Warrior", what a humiliation that would have been!  ;)

lol

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Book of Elie: What U-17s exit says about Latapy, DJW and T&T’s football path
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

The Trinidad and Tobago National Under-17 Team’s fading 2017 World Cup dreams were finally put to rest at the Hasely Crawford Stadium last night, as Suriname clinched the final available CONCACAF berth despite a 2-1 loss to Cuba.

Coach Russell Latapy’s team needed Cuba to win by two clear goals if they were to limp into the next round as the Caribbean’s fifth placed team. Instead, they finished sixth with just one win against Bermuda from three group matches.

And even that triumph was anything but straightforward as the young Soca Warriors trailed 2-0 at halftime and needed an injury time winner by Jaydon Prowell to see off the Bermudan minnows.

Latapy, in his second spell as an international coach, now has as unenviable record as the first National Under-17 coach in Trinidad and Tobago’s history to fail to get his team among the Caribbean’s top five counties.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) were unrepresented at CONCACAF level twice before in this millennium. But when coaches Ron La Forest and Nigel Grosvenor faltered in 2002 and 2004 respectively, there were only two spots up for grabs.

Latapy had more than twice as many to aim for. And, although he was in charge for barely a month, his record does him no favours, particularly when placed alongside his senior team’s limp exit in 2010 when they were eliminated from the Caribbean Cup in the group stage after a 1-0 loss to rank underdogs, Grenada.

Has Latapy advanced in the interim?

In the six years since he left the senior Warriors, Latapy apparently went on to get his UEFA Pro coaching license while he worked as assistant manager at a few professional Scotland clubs.

And the diminutive maestro—one of the most creative footballers that Trinidad and Tobago ever produced—has always been someone who thinks profoundly about the game. Undoubtedly, Latapy should be an asset to the local game, even though he still has to prove whether his best contribution would be made as a football coach.

Wired868 was informed that there were rumblings of discontent from the players as regards the National Under-17 Team’s 23-man squad as well as Latapy’s starting XI. And some of these concerns were shared by even the independent onlooker.

Latapy said he wanted physical stature in his midfield trio against Haiti. But, as it turned out, his most creative player was the pocket-sized Che Benny who came on to rescue the game against Bermuda.

Arguably the national youth team’s most gifted player, Kishon Hackshaw, started the tournament on the bench and played in four different positions in two and a half games. In fact, central defender Jesse Williams and holding midfielder Jodel Brown were the only outfield players to start the tournament in the same role that they begun it.

And there were raised eyebrows too at Latapy’s unstinting faith in W Connection attacker Isaiah Hudson, who has experience at National Under-20 and CONCACAF Champions League level but did not justify his star billing.

Whether Latapy might have done a better job should not distract from the real architect of this fiasco. And that is the bombastic figure of Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams.

On 20 June 2016, then National Under-17 coach Ken Elie downed tools after the TTFA president had ignored his request for feedback regarding stipends promised under the previous administration.

Surely Elie’s time was worth something? Did John-Williams not respect the post of national coach enough to discuss the issue? Was the TTFA sufficiently bothered by the welfare of its under-17 squad?

John-Williams never responded. Instead, he made a public statement which suggested that he believed Elie to be a volunteer.

It is not the first time the TTFA president said something so monumentally stupid and dishonest that it forces right-thinking people to sit down and catch their breath.

If you believed that Elie was a volunteer, then did his email not alert you to your error?

John-Williams suggested that the TTFA could not afford to pay Elie—without hearing what the coach wanted, which was confirmation that he would be paid rather than an immediate lump sum.

And then, without appreciation for irony, honesty or compassion to his former under-17 coach or other national coaches, John-Williams announced that Latapy would take over the job on a two-year contract.

The two months between Elie’s departure and Latapy’s arrival significantly dimmed whatever prospects this youth team had of advancing to the India 2017 World Cup.

And, in no uncertain terms, John-Williams’ decision to offer paid contracts to Latapy and his technical staff suggests the lack of respect he has for every other national coach under the employ of the TTFA—barring head coach coach Stephen Hart, who was given a contract extension by former president Raymond Tim Kee.

If technical director Muhammad Isa, general secretary Azaad Khan, women’s coach Richard Hood and men’s under-20 coach Brian Williams are all interim appointments while Latapy gets a two year vote of confidence, then what does that say for John-Williams’ faith in their abilities?

And, for all the TTFA president’s boasts of being a “football man”, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that he either knows much less than he thinks or the job of grooming international stars is much more difficult than poaching talented youths from rival clubs.

Under John-Williams’ presidency, although the senior teams have been relatively steady, there have been alarming results at youth level:

The Women’s National Under-15 Team went from third in CONCACAF to a group stage exit in the same competition, which included a record 22-0 defeat;

The Women’s National Under-17 Team went from reigning Caribbean champions—under the previous regime—to finishing third at CFU level and failing to qualify from the region at all;

The Men’s National Under-15 Team failed to get to the CONCACAF stage for the first time in 10 years;

And, although the National Under-20s are still very much alive in the competition, few believe they can retain the Caribbean crown won under former coach Derek King during the previous regime.

To be blunt, Tim Kee was voted out of office for his failure to raise funding for the game, provide the necessary support for players and coaches and for his failure to ensure that the TTFA’s various committees were functional and allow democracy in the working of the board.

In almost every aspect, things are now worse.

How ironic that John-Williams dedicated so much time to subtly criticising Hart’s handling of a curfew breach by Kevin Molino, Joevin Jones and Mekeil Williams when his football body cannot even put on a football match without torturing paying fans.

The only successful team that the TTFA has is the National Senior Team. So why does John-Williams spend so much time trying to destabilise it—from antagonising players in salary discussions to attempting to undermine his coach’s match selections or disciplinary decisions?

If John-Williams knows so much about football, then why are none of his appointments delivering any success?

The less said the better about the TTFA president’s vow to quit if he is proven: to have walked on to the field during a training session and asked Hart to leave so as to petition players to reverse their coach’s decision; or to have used the TTFA money in his unsuccessful attempt to become Caribbean Football Union (CFU) president.

But Wired868 stands by both stories. And, bizarrely, John-Williams admitted to using TTFA funds—without board permission—for his Caribbean football league pitch, which was delivered a week before he formally announced his bid for the CFU presidency and to the same Caribbean football delegates that he was wooing.

Evidence, mind you, that was shared face-to-face with John-Williams and TTFA vice-president Joanne Salazar in an I95.5FM ‘showdown’.

The National Under-17 Team’s fate shows the danger of not safeguarding football teams from an egotistical larger-than-life administrator. And, for that, the TTFA’s board members should take a long hard look at themselves.

The current TTFA board of directors comprises: David John-Williams (president), Joanne Salazar, Ewing Davis and Allan Warner (vice-presidents), Samuel Saunders (Central FA), Sherwyn Dyer (Eastern Counties Football Union), Karanjabari Williams (Northern FA), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Anthony Moore (Tobago FA), Joseph Taylor (Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association), Dexter Skeene (TT Pro League) and Sharon O’Brien (Women’s League Football).

Presumably, Latapy will now be given the necessary support to prove if he is indeed up to the task—that is once John-Williams doesn’t believe his contract was written with invisible ink like former technical director Kendall Walkes’ deal.

But what about the other coaches and teams? The Women Soca Warriors have not had a single session since their 5-0 Olympic qualifying defeat to the United States on 19 February 2016.

Does anyone care?

John-Williams’ role is to set a path for the local football body over the next four years. It is Khan’s responsibility to handle the administrative aspect of this vision.

The TTFA’s board members must ensure that decisions are made and implemented in the right way while the relevant committees should supervise everything from fund raising and marketing to the hiring and firing of coaches.

And, last but not least, it is the job of the coaches and players to make the most of the tools they are given to deliver success on the football field.

Should deviations from that blueprint become standard fare, then you’d better be prepared to continue reading from the Book of Elie.

CFU Men’s Under-17 Group A Results

(Friday September 16)

Bermuda 2 (Rahzir Smith-Jones 30, Tokiya Russell 81), Jamaica 6 (Raewin Senior 5, Kaheem Parris 17, 72, Kendall Edwards 36, Nicque Daley 42, Tokiya Russell 90+1 [own goal]), Ato Boldon Stadium;

Trinidad and Tobago 0, Haiti 2 (Nael Elysee 22, Steeve Saint-Duc 68), Ato Boldon Stadium;

(Sunday September 18)

Jamaica 0, Haiti 0, Ato Boldon Stadium;

Trinidad and Tobago 3 (Che Benny 70, Jaydon Prowell 73, 90+2), Bermuda 2 (Tokia Russell 11, 26), Ato Boldon Stadium;

(Tuesday September 20)

Haiti 5, Bermuda 0, Ato Boldon Stadium;

Trinidad and Tobago 2 (Nion Lammy 47, Jaydon Prowell 57), Jamaica 3 (Raewin Senior 13, 74, Nicque Daley 36), Ato Boldon Stadium.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:17:14 AM by Flex »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
nuff proof right here dat people butt dey head big time when dey back DJW, Timkee's failings as an administrator on the office side of things was adequately offset by his selection of coaching and relative hands off approach to on field business thereafter.......now we having failure on and off d field and man on here praisin DJW because d finances supposedly in order....steups youth football crumblin and d woman back to gettin blade in concacaf .....hope he term done fast oui.....but by den d damage would be more than done.
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lasana, was comment solicited from Ken Elie?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
The less said the better about the TTFA president’s vow to quit if he is proven: to have walked on to the field during a training session and asked Hart to leave so as to petition players to reverse their coach’s decision

Either this was a big unsubstantiated LIE

OR

EVERYBODY fraid DJW bad bad bad

If is not a lie....why has no one spoken up to support the allegation? 

If it is a lie....why hasn't DJW instituted a lawsuit against the perpetrator?

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The less said the better about the TTFA president’s vow to quit if he is proven: to have walked on to the field during a training session and asked Hart to leave so as to petition players to reverse their coach’s decision

Either this was a big unsubstantiated LIE

OR

EVERYBODY fraid DJW bad bad bad

If is not a lie....why has no one spoken up to support the allegation? 

If it is a lie....why hasn't DJW instituted a lawsuit against the perpetrator?

Palos if a man say he going to quit, you can not force him to follow his own threat upon himself. DJW was cunning when he made those threats of quitting because he threatened himself.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Palos if a man say he going to quit, you can not force him to follow his own threat upon himself. DJW was cunning when he made those threats of quitting because he threatened himself.

Yuh lorse meh dey bro.

De man essentially say prove that I did what was reported and I will quit.

He essentially DARE everybody that was there to contradict WIRED868's report that he never walked on to the field during a training session and asked Coach Hart & his coaching staff to leave so as to petition players to reverse their coach’s decision not to play against Equitorial Guinea.

And nobody has publicly uttered a PEEP.

So he must be telling the truth and the story is a complete fabrication.  And if so.......why has DJW not slapped a lawsuit on WIRED868 for libel?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:22:36 AM by palos »

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Palos but the players, coach and various others confirmed that DJW did walk on the field and hold a private audience. The story was not retracted and no lawsuit filed by DJW because he knows their are witness.

My point is DJW promised to do X, if Y. When Y was proven you only have his promise to enforce. Can you enforce another person's promise?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Palos but the players, coach and various others confirmed that DJW did walk on the field and hold a private audience. The story was not retracted and no lawsuit filed by DJW because he knows their are witness.

My point is DJW promised to do X, if Y. When Y was proven you only have his promise to enforce. Can you enforce another person's promise?

You can call them out on it.  If they refuse to make good on their promise...then everybody knows for a fact that person's word is worthless

1]; } ?>