June 06, 2024, 02:41:25 PM

Author Topic: Hislop says hold on to Latapy  (Read 4121 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hislop says hold on to Latapy
« on: December 10, 2010, 07:01:04 AM »
T&T Guardian

Former national goalkeeper Shaka Hislop has called for coach Russell Latapy to play a key role in the development of national football on a long term basis. Hislop said yesterday Latapy should be put in charge of the country’s Olympic team if he is removed as head coach of the senior team, with additional roles to oversee player development throughout all national teams. Hislop, a current ESPN analyst was speaking after news that Jean Tigana and Ruud Gullit were possible replacements for Latapy. Hislop noted that the local professional teams and their coaches have undermined Latapy and not given him their fullest support. “And that is because we’ve had many of the coaches setting their sights on the job for a long time. They undermined Russell and I don’t think he deserved that.” Admitting that he had a bias towards Latapy with whom he played for several years, Hislop said the former international midfielder never had the full support of everyone during his tenure.

“Mr Warner said it was just in an interim basis and I don’t think it was right start he needed or deserved,” said Hislop. The former Newcastle custodian said however that he didn’t think Latapy would remain if he was offered the role as assistant coach. He called for T&T to start using home-grown talent. “Latapy must not be discarded as another country may benefit from his expertise. It would be great to hold on to him but I don’t see it happening as an assistant coach. If you’ve been there as head coach then it’s difficult to go back as an assistant. The best option will be for him to take over the Under-23 team and oversee player development. “I would like to see him involved with our football on a long term basis because I think we have ignored him for far too long as a football brain in terms of what he can contribute to the development of the game.

“We’ve let ourselves down in terms of prepping our players for international competition until it’s a mere month or two before and this is where he can play a key role,” Hislop added. Hislop said it was time for the T&T Football Federation to squash its stop gap measures.

“It’s the perfect time to focus on the bigger picture. We have to realise we are a small country and we don’t have anything near the player pool or resources that other top footballing countries do. We have to hold on to what we have. “For us it’s always been about the next World Cup and we’ve never looked beyond the four-year span. We’ve never put a plan in place that can see us qualify on a consistent basis or if not qualify, at least have a programme in place that can see us enter a recovery phase immediately in a smoother process. It’s always about how much money we can put in to try and qualify for the next World Cup. “We won’t start planning and discussing the 2018 World Cup until 2015. The timing is right now for us to stop that kind of approach if we are serious about our football,” Hislop concluded.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Hislop says hold on to Latapy
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 07:33:07 AM »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 07:50:24 AM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 08:31:26 AM »
NO way Shaka... I do NOT agree... let Russell start as Head Coach of the Under-15's, while also gaining more Coaching Badges, thereby increasing both his qualifications and experience... if he's successfull, then he could be promoted to U-17, then-20 coach and THEN U-23... he wasn't ready for Senior Coach and you want to entrust him with the nucleus of our NEXT Senior Team...NO, NO, NO!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 08:35:27 AM »
NO way Shaka... I do NOT agree... let Russell start as Head Coach of the Under-15's, while also gaining more Coaching Badges, thereby increasing both his qualifications and experience... if he's successfull, then he could be promoted to U-17, then-20 coach and THEN U-23... he wasn't ready for Senior Coach and you want to entrust him with the nucleus of our NEXT Senior Team...NO, NO, NO!!!

Russell needs to humble himself and start from where he should have started and prove himself at each level before moving up the ranks! The short-cut thing is not the right route for him and us!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:03:45 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 08:46:10 AM »
latapy is the man to keep at coach.

the reason we losing now is not coaching related.

To change the coach would be useless

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 09:10:15 AM »

Agreed Patriot.  Shaka boy ah not wid yuh on dis one.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 09:40:42 AM »
I think Shaka right. It does not strike me as Latas being ah Trainer or technician. It seems he need to learn to implement proper tactics and learn how to adjust those tactics in the game. He need to do he USSF B and A license or his NSCAA Advanced National and then His Premier. The Premier might be what he really need.

Prerequisites: NSCAA Advanced National Diploma or USSF "A" License or English UEFA "A" License

Note: Applicants must apply for the premier diploma and acceptance is not guaranteed. 

The Premier Diploma is the pinnacle of the Residential Academy offerings. It is a 50-hour course designed to teach advanced methodology with full-sided soccer (11 v. 11) as its focal point.

Coaches are provided a course curriculum. The course content includes a thorough examination of different systems of play, including: technical and tactical implications; 11 v. 11 topics, including coaching in the game, phase play and shadow play; nutrition; sportsmanship/ethics; and a leadership component including team management, personal development and the coach's role in game development in his/her community.

Eligibility for the Premier Diploma requires the applicant be an NSCAA member and have the Advanced National Diploma, the USSF “A” License or English UEFA "A" License.  Candidates with a "Distinguished Pass" in the NSCAA Advanced National Diploma will automatically qualify for entrance into the Premier Diploma.  Additional factors, such as coaching and playing background, community leadership and contribution to the game, are considered. Applications are screened by the Director of Coaching and enrollment is limited for each course.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 11:16:53 AM »
We need somebody who will develop our players not just to coach blasted team.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 11:51:35 AM »
Shaka just supporting his liming partner  8) ... next thing you'll see some article with Lara supporting Latas.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 12:28:55 PM »
leave we under 23 team alone please.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »

Russell needs to humble himself and start from where he should have started and prove himself at each level before moving up the ranks! The short-cut thing is the not the right route for him and us!

Agreed!

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 12:47:45 PM »
I think Shaka right. It does not strike me as Latas being ah Trainer or technician. It seems he need to learn to implement proper tactics and learn how to adjust those tactics in the game. He need to do he USSF B and A license or his NSCAA Advanced National and then His Premier. The Premier might be what he really need.

Prerequisites: NSCAA Advanced National Diploma or USSF "A" License or English UEFA "A" License

Note: Applicants must apply for the premier diploma and acceptance is not guaranteed. 
The Premier Diploma is the pinnacle of the Residential Academy offerings. It is a 50-hour course designed to teach advanced methodology with full-sided soccer (11 v. 11) as its focal point.

Coaches are provided a course curriculum. The course content includes a thorough examination of different systems of play, including: technical and tactical implications; 11 v. 11 topics, including coaching in the game, phase play and shadow play; nutrition; sportsmanship/ethics; and a leadership component including team management, personal development and the coach's role in game development in his/her community.

Eligibility for the Premier Diploma requires the applicant be an NSCAA member and have the Advanced National Diploma, the USSF “A” License or English UEFA "A" License.  Candidates with a "Distinguished Pass" in the NSCAA Advanced National Diploma will automatically qualify for entrance into the Premier Diploma.  Additional factors, such as coaching and playing background, community leadership and contribution to the game, are considered. Applications are screened by the Director of Coaching and enrollment is limited for each course.

I could pull some strings to get him accepted to the next course they offering in January in Florida.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 12:49:29 PM »

Russell Latapy cannot be head coach of ANYBODY with the example he sets.

As a head coach, you're responsible for your team.  The team deportment is an extension of you.

Russell Latapy...as great a LEGEND as he is....is a LIMER and a LIMER CANNOT BE HEAD COACH OF ANY SERIOUS TEAM, ESPECIALLY IMPRESSIONABLE TEENAGERS

If Russell want to LIME....then LIME

When he ready to be a COACH....and assume the responsibility that comes along with it, THEN he could start by doing his exams, get his certification, work his way up by even coaching a PRo League team or something, work as an assistant etc  BEFORE EARNING a spot on a National team.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 01:03:07 PM »
T&T Guardian

Former national goalkeeper Shaka Hislop has called for coach Russell Latapy to play a key role in the development of national football on a long term basis. Hislop said yesterday Latapy should be put in charge of the country’s Olympic team if he is removed as head coach of the senior team, with additional roles to oversee player development throughout all national teams. Hislop, a current ESPN analyst was speaking after news that Jean Tigana and Ruud Gullit were possible replacements for Latapy. Hislop noted that the local professional teams and their coaches have undermined Latapy and not given him their fullest support. “And that is because we’ve had many of the coaches setting their sights on the job for a long time. They undermined Russell and I don’t think he deserved that.” Admitting that he had a bias towards Latapy with whom he played for several years, Hislop said the former international midfielder never had the full support of everyone during his tenure.

“Mr Warner said it was just in an interim basis and I don’t think it was right start he needed or deserved,” said Hislop. The former Newcastle custodian said however that he didn’t think Latapy would remain if he was offered the role as assistant coach. He called for T&T to start using home-grown talent. “Latapy must not be discarded as another country may benefit from his expertise. It would be great to hold on to him but I don’t see it happening as an assistant coach. If you’ve been there as head coach then it’s difficult to go back as an assistant. The best option will be for him to take over the Under-23 team and oversee player development. “I would like to see him involved with our football on a long term basis because I think we have ignored him for far too long as a football brain in terms of what he can contribute to the development of the game.

“We’ve let ourselves down in terms of prepping our players for international competition until it’s a mere month or two before and this is where he can play a key role,” Hislop added. Hislop said it was time for the T&T Football Federation to squash its stop gap measures.

“It’s the perfect time to focus on the bigger picture. We have to realise we are a small country and we don’t have anything near the player pool or resources that other top footballing countries do. We have to hold on to what we have. “For us it’s always been about the next World Cup and we’ve never looked beyond the four-year span. We’ve never put a plan in place that can see us qualify on a consistent basis or if not qualify, at least have a programme in place that can see us enter a recovery phase immediately in a smoother process. It’s always about how much money we can put in to try and qualify for the next World Cup. “We won’t start planning and discussing the 2018 World Cup until 2015. The timing is right now for us to stop that kind of approach if we are serious about our football,” Hislop concluded.

HELLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOO!!!!!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 01:06:54 PM »
Shaka better explain why TT must hold on to Latapy coz ah cyah see no valid reason for TT to hold on to him.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 01:29:52 PM »
Palos  how you know latapy is a limer

and what is wrong with being a limer.

Like you does lime with him.

Footballers lime that is what they do.

when man done train they does go and party.  what you want the man to do Home work?

Your perception that the man is irresponsible and can only party is probably based on what you read in the media.

Alex furgeson is the best coach in the world you feel he doh lime?

men just being overly critical of the man becuase he is West Indian and we have a party stereo type.

At the end of the day it is ablout football.

If latapy is professional in his approach to coaching and have good information to give to the players, what he does when he off the clock is irrelevant.

I have no evidence that his liming has affected his coaching.

And it certainly has not affected his on the field performance because he played at the top level very deep in age.
How he manage that if he was a limer, drinker, smoker indisciplie person.

Dont believe the hype.

If at 37 years old you can still be the best player on the field and run circle around the 19 year olds then obviously liming has destroyed his career as a player and he is a bad influence as a coach.

BS BS BS

Latapy is a limer so he cah coach.

put the pope to coach the side, he know bout football and does go to bed before the sun set every day.

That better example will surely make us a better team.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »
I too have voiced my opinion in the earlies about Latas inexperience and the unreasonable expectation of any coach to get certain results at the top level. I've been reflecting on this issue and conclude that our expectations were over the top. Successful coaches at the top level have all been schooled in the form of coaching education theory and practice. Very few have been able to make a smooth transition from the playing field to coaching...many have failed along the way.
Here is my position based on experience....no coach is successful based solely on his coaching knowledge nor playing ability only.
Further, there is so much that goes into winning on a regular basis-:
1. The administration /support system for a comprehensive program at all levels of the game is necessary.
2. Coaching education with an established minimum standards/requirements is necessary.
3. Proper funding/revenue sources to support the necessary programs is a must.
4. A well structered plan to address immediate; short and long term needs for the sport at all levels is an absolute necessity.
5. Player development plan that is tied to coaches development is a must.
6. Access to the best/inform players and meaningful preparation program including competitive opponents is a must.
The list is only scratching the surface of all the ingredients that are necessary for the results we expect from all of our teams. National team coaches should not have to go without being paid nor should the players; national team coaches should not have to beg the clubs to send the players to training sessions; national tean coaches should not have to struggle for anything that he needs ...preparation games; access to trainiing facilites etc.
I wonder if we expecting a local coach to " make chicken salad out of chicken shit" as my college coach would say. The foreign coaches have not had to deal with this rubbish...I'm still not saying that Latas could coach or not; nor am I suggesting that he as an inexperienced coach should be given the even more important job of training younger players.  Richard Chinapoo, Kendall Walkes and a number of Trinbago coaches with years of coaching education and experience under their belts should be on a list for consideration...a lot of these coaches could help mentor a rookie like Latas.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 01:40:47 PM by CK1 »
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 01:41:04 PM »
I too have voiced my opinion in the earlies about Latas inexperience and the unreasonable expectation of any coach to get certain results at the top level. I've been reflecting of this issue and conclude that our expectations were over the top. Successful coaches at the top level have all been schooled in the form of coaching education theory and practice. Very few have been able to make a smooth transition from the playing field to coaching...many have failed along the way.
Here is my position based on experience....no coach is successful based solely on his coaching knowledge nor playing ability only.
Further, there is so much that goes into winning on a regular basis-:
1. The administration /support system for a comprehensive program at all levels of the game is necessary.
2. Coaching education with an established minimum standards/requirements is necessary.
3. Proper funding/revenue sources to support the necessary programs is a must.
4. A well structered plan to address immediate; short and long term needs for the sport at all levels is an absolute necessity.
5. Player development plan that is tied to coaches development is a must.
6. Access to the best/inform players and meaningful preparation program including competitive opponents is a must.
The list is only scratching the surface of all the ingredients that are necessary for the results we expect from all of our teams. National team coaches should not have to go without being paid nor should the players; national team coaches should not have to beg the clubs to send the players to training sessions; national tean coaches should not have to struggle to have anything that he needs ...preparation games; access to trainiing facilites etc.
I wonder if we expecting a local coach to " make chicken salas out of chicken shit" as my college coach would say. The foreign coaches have not had to deal with this rubbish...I'm still not saying that Latas could coach or not; nor am I suggesting that he as an inexperienced coach should be given the even more important job of training younger players.  Richard Chinapoo, Kendall Walkes and a number of Trinbago coaches with years of coaching education and experience under their belts should be on a list for consideration...a lot of these coaches could help mentor a rookie like Latas.

Some good points here - but we all know the problem starts from the head!   :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 02:12:32 PM »
Richard Chinapoo, Kendall Walkes and a number of Trinbago coaches with years of coaching education and experience under their belts should be on a list for consideration...a lot of these coaches could help mentor a rookie like Latas.

Why would these guys....who in reality are in competition with Latapy for a coaching position, want to mentor Latas?

Let Latas EARN his way....just like they have or are doing.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 02:14:17 PM »
MR KND and MR Elan, i see allyuh still mad no a$$!! allyuh do the board ah favor and take allyuh pills nah!

BTW, dunga , maradona and javier agguire was all better coaches than latapy, with ah far more impressive record than latapy, doing what latapy failed to do, bringing their teams to the world cup, and not only that, but they all made it to the quarter finals, and they all were fired after the WC, yuh want tuh know why?

answer = BC football is ah result oriented sport, you are as good as your record! and latas have ah poor record! allyuh latas lovers, get over yuh tabanka! he's ah bad coach, time to move on and stop romanticizing!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 02:20:27 PM »

try making some sense..................ur thinking outside the box skewered...
Alex Ferguson does lime and have a drink im sure .....................but ah sure he aint doing it with rooney in the same club.

Latas have to show some kinda coaching pedigree b4 taking the top spot.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 03:32:56 PM »
Assuming Shaka's rendition is not posturing ... (I don't sense that it is)

Hugo Sanchez found the Olympics to be his undoing. Mr. Warner ventured into an experiment with Mr. Latapy in the form of giving him the helm of the Senior team. An experiment with a less valuable commodity would have been wiser. Mr. Hislop's suggestion of the Olympic squad is an accommodation or adjustment designed to save face (obviously not his) and to not alienate a national treasure (Mr. Latapy). Nonetheless, Mr. Hislop's proposition also constitutes an experiment.

I see where Shaka is going with this and find it attractive only because it has value in either rehabilitating Mr. Latapy's reputation or in confirming his lack of readiness. Failure? Mr. Latapy exits stage left. Success? His contribution evolves.

Not sure however that Latas needs to be treated with delicate gloves. If he did engineer his rise, why can't he accept that he engineered his fall?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 03:42:34 PM »
Results- Results- Results. Had it been someone else he would have been fired after the Grenada Game
 Most of us would have called for blood after the Belize game.
 We need to separate our emotions of Latapy as Player and Latapy as Coach
 He said he can win Digicel with a local Squad and even with some outside players  he was reluctant to play them.
 The honorable thing for Latas is to resign rather than being Fired.
 Tomorrow we will know.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 04:19:01 PM »
Richard Chinapoo, Kendall Walkes and a number of Trinbago coaches with years of coaching education and experience under their belts should be on a list for consideration...a lot of these coaches could help mentor a rookie like Latas.

Why would these guys....who in reality are in competition with Latapy for a coaching position, want to mentor Latas?

Let Latas EARN his way....just like they have or are doing.

Agree empahatically!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 04:30:31 PM »
Ah bet allyuh anything that latas will get recycled like anton corneal into the TTFF system/ non system. he's going to go into the lower ranks and coach either an under 17 or 15 team, or given the opportunity to assist the local football fraternity in some way,

but i doubt he'll be discarded all the way, BC he's ah golden boy and in TNT society golden boys never die, they are like those old time star boys in the movies, they survive some of the most hazardous situation only to come out on top, and live happily ever after.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:32:43 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 04:55:50 PM »
Palos  how you know latapy is a limer

and what is wrong with being a limer.

Like you does lime with him.

Footballers lime that is what they do.

when man done train they does go and party.  what you want the man to do Home work?

Your perception that the man is irresponsible and can only party is probably based on what you read in the media.

men just being overly critical of the man becuase he is West Indian and we have a party stereo type.

At the end of the day it is ablout football.

If latapy is professional in his approach to coaching and have good information to give to the players, what he does when he off the clock is irrelevant.

I have no evidence that his liming has affected his coaching.

And it certainly has not affected his on the field performance because he played at the top level very deep in age.
How he manage that if he was a limer, drinker, smoker indisciplie person.

Dont believe the hype.

If at 37 years old you can still be the best player on the field and run circle around the 19 year olds then obviously liming has destroyed his career as a player and he is a bad influence as a coach.

BS BS BS

Latapy is a limer so he cah coach.

put the pope to coach the side, he know bout football and does go to bed before the sun set every day.

That better example will surely make us a better team.

WHat about the other points the poster made concerning his failure to get certifications, keep up with his trade and setting an example?  CAn you only read the first few lines of a post and not have the concentration to read all of it?

Latapy needs to get his certifications, at least make an effort to get past the basic level...Latas is a football hero in T&T and Scotland, he is also my hero, but he is not ready for the big time. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 05:13:16 PM »
[i]Hislop noted that the local professional teams and their coaches have undermined Latapy and not given him their fullest support. “And that is because we’ve had many of the coaches setting their sights on the job for a long time. They undermined Russell and I don’t think he deserved that.” Admitting that he had a bias[/i]

I understand where Shaka is coming from. That is his team mate and he will bat for his teamate. Fine.

But I disagree with the above statement. It maybe Fenwick he is talking about, but there is some justification in Fenwick complaints about his players on the national team. Case in point. Because of the national team preps for the CFU, no proleague games were played. Why? Well most of the players were from JP. Their management did not want to play pro-league because most of their players on the national team. So the other teams with players on the national decide not to play. So is Fenwick wrong for complaining? what kind of league is this? How they expect this league to produce when they have all these breaks in between.

National coaches in this day and age do not have the luxury of time on their hands. Most of them get the players for a 5 day period to work with. What can a coach do in 5 days? All yuh honestly believe Latas or any coach can develop players in 5 days. Why should he be developing players at this stage? The players supposed to be getting development with their clubs where the coaches have more time with them.  Unless the ttff choose 25 players and with all expenses being paid by them and keep the players(for a 3 month period) under some kind of retention, and they train, play top class national teams or clubs, that will work. Other than that they spinning top in mud.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
MR KND and MR Elan, i see allyuh still mad no a$$!! allyuh do the board ah favor and take allyuh pills nah!

BTW, dunga , maradona and javier agguire was all better coaches than latapy, with ah far more impressive record than latapy, doing what latapy failed to do, bringing their teams to the world cup, and not only that, but they all made it to the quarter finals, and they all were fired after the WC, yuh want tuh know why?

answer = BC football is ah result oriented sport, you are as good as your record! and latas have ah poor record! allyuh latas lovers, get over yuh tabanka! he's ah bad coach, time to move on and stop romanticizing!
Dred u realize u compare trinidad & tobago to argentina dey right?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2010, 05:28:15 PM »

JC from the start way back to the beginning I emphatically stated that Latapy was not he person for the job. Man call meh all kinda names and tell me I eh understand. I knew this was a bad idea, but many here wanted Latapy and supported JW and the TTFF when he was appointed, now I sure some in them same men cussing for he to go.

I just happen to feel that Latas can still contribute, just at a younger age group.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>