April 18, 2024, 06:23:37 PM

Author Topic: Allyuh doh like UFC?  (Read 2242 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh doh like UFC?
« on: December 12, 2010, 12:38:53 PM »
From Opposing Views.com

UFC 124 Play By Play And Results
News by Rich Bergeron

Josh Koscheck vs. Georges St. Pierre (UFC Welterweight Champion)

ROUND ONE:
GSP gets a quick takedown. Koscheck is back up on his feet within a few moments. GSP is punching with steady 1-2 combos. GSP goes for another takedown and gets clocked for trying. GSP is working the jab. Koscheck wings a right hand that glances off GSP's head. He lands his own combo a few seconds later. GSP is hammering him with punches from all angles, keeping his distance. A head kick lands as Josh checks his chin for damage. GSP escapes to land outside shots each time Koscheck comes in. Koscheck rushes in for a takedown. He won't give up and finally gets it with 15 seconds left. He doesn't have much time to do anything.

ROUND TWO:
GSP starts off jabbing again and lands a leg kick. GSP is working boxing and leg kicks exclusively. Koscheck is leaning in every time he thorws. He's leaving his hands down way too much, and GSP is making him pay. At the same time he's tenderizing his legs with kicks. Finally GSP gets caught with a decent combo, but he keeps coming at Koscheck. GSP goes for the superman punch for the second time in the round. He's getting a little flashy. GSP lands a really hard right and follows with a nice combo. GSP is mixing it up well, but Koscheck catches him with an uppercut. GSP slows down a little. GSP establishes the outside jab. He lands a nice right at the end of the round.

ROUND THREE:
Both guys trade jabs early. GSP lands a nice overhand right. Koscheck tries more jabs and seems to be connecting more this round. GSP goes for another takedown and gets stuffed. GSP presses Koscheck up against the fence and goes to work with knees. He drops down to try another takedown and can't get it. Both fighters get their distance and go back to boxing. GSP is really going to work with the jab on Koscheck's eye. GSP forces him back up against the cage again. GSP lands a huge inside leg kick and follows with punches. GSP lands another smashing leg kick. Koscheck is looking really awkward as GSP bounces around him and kicks and punches him at will. GSP's constant jab is winning the fight for him. His leg kicks are getting mixed in perfectly.

ROUND FOUR:
Both guys trade punches for a while, then GSP goes to his kicks. GSP manages a quick take down and almost gets Koscheck's back. Instead, Koscheck scrambles out and up to his feet.GSP keeps him on the fence and uses his Muay Thai. Herb Dean breaks them. GSP is landing well, changing levels and landing a good mix of kicks and punches. GSP lands another hard leg kick. GSP jabs away, lands a 1-2, goes for a head kick. It's not looking good for Koscheck.

ROUND FIVE:
GSP goes right back to the jab and is out boxing Koscheck from the jump. Koscheck wings a wild right and misses. GSP goes back to the jab. He lands a mean left hook after another hard inside leg kick. Koscheck misses wild again and GSP nails him with a right. GSP  moves in with punches, ducks down for a takedown, and gets nowhere. GSP leans on Koscheck against the fence and finally does secure the takedown. Koscheck gets backed up and dumped on his head again. Koscheck gets back up again, but he has nothing left.
Unanimous Decision For GSP: 50-45 x3
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:46:26 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Allyuh doh like UFC?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »
met gsp in montreal one year at a club, cool fellah  :beermug:

im surprised no one on here follows ufc

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 12:20:37 PM »
on another note, it seems posters on here mostly like KFC not UFC :D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 12:46:06 PM »
I use to be a big fan when it was more brutal...when tank abbot and graycie and dem fellahs was top dogs...ven had a trini fellah..a welder livin barrie (cyah remember he name) had win a couple ko's

now that it's more 'sanitized' I doh follow it so much...although ironically I did happen to ketch when st. pierre give de nex man enough left jabs  it look like colour he face for jourvert
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »
on another note, it seems posters on here mostly like KFC not UFC :D

Ah ha! Dais the truth.  :devil:

Although I'm still a boxing man, UFC is unquestionably the future of fighting sports. What will help to convince the KFC lovers is when a UFC fighter becomes a world boxing champion. Troy Dorsey was the first person to hold world titles in both kickboxing and boxing and that helped establish kickboxing as a legitimate sport. I think it will be the same for MMA.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 09:19:28 PM »
I use to be a big fan when it was more brutal...when tank abbot and graycie and dem fellahs was top dogs...ven had a trini fellah..a welder livin barrie (cyah remember he name) had win a couple ko's

now that it's more 'sanitized' I doh follow it so much...although ironically I did happen to ketch when st. pierre give de nex man enough left jabs  it look like colour he face for jourvert

The Trini fella was a dude named Gary Goodridge.

Its more sanitized now but if you know what is going on its easier to see what the players are trying to achieve.

Dutty yuh like blood eh? The sport could even develop to a where there will be special categories for fighting with weapons (non-lethal) or 2VS 1 kinda deal.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 08:39:05 AM »

The Trini fella was a dude named Gary Goodridge.

Its more sanitized now but if you know what is going on its easier to see what the players are trying to achieve.

Dutty yuh like blood eh? The sport could even develop to a where there will be special categories for fighting with weapons (non-lethal) or 2VS 1 kinda deal.

Nah, it really wasn’t the blood thing…it was more pure back then, skinny fellahs out punchin big wrestler types
Big belly Tank Abbot blazin men who ripped wit 6 and 8 pack

Now with the weight classes and and the tv show, it seems a little WWE-esque to me.  I understand Dana White an dem had to tone it down to become more mainstream….but it seemed more genuine when it was underground and grimy,,ahwell

I guess you done have yuh front row tickets sittin on yuh dresser for next April in the rogers centre ent?

btw..ah jus google that goodrige fellah..man was ah beast in all disciplines oui, arm wrestlin an all  :D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:05:00 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 12:02:11 PM »
Me likes Anderson Silva and Anthony Johnson.

This last Ultimate Fighter was the best out of the last 4 years.
Strictly fighting and no soap opera shit.  I have no seen the finale YET. So hush >:(
Hopefully meh albino bunny won!~ I ain't like Michael, he too full of himself.
Bruce Leroy full ah tata!!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 07:19:23 PM »
Me likes Anderson Silva and Anthony Johnson.

This last Ultimate Fighter was the best out of the last 4 years.
Strictly fighting and no soap opera shit.  I have no seen the finale YET. So hush >:(
Hopefully meh albino bunny won!~ I ain't like Michael, he too full of himself.
Bruce Leroy full ah tata!!

Pound for pound Silva is still the best in the world but highly underrated. The UFC wants GSP to move up in weight to challenge Silva. If both were in their prime Silva would wipe the floor with him, but he getting a bit long in the tooth, so by the time that fight takes place GSP should handle him and give Dana White a few more years of big $$$

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 07:34:36 PM »

Nah, it really wasn’t the blood thing…it was more pure back then, skinny fellahs out punchin big wrestler types
Big belly Tank Abbot blazin men who ripped wit 6 and 8 pack

Now with the weight classes and and the tv show, it seems a little WWE-esque to me.  I understand Dana White an dem had to tone it down to become more mainstream….but it seemed more genuine when it was underground and grimy,,ahwell

I guess you done have yuh front row tickets sittin on yuh dresser for next April in the rogers centre ent?

btw..ah jus google that goodrige fellah..man was ah beast in all disciplines oui, arm wrestlin an all  :D

Yeah The unpredictability and variation produced a real circus atmosphere. I don't really go to these events nah. Too much wanna-bee's and dey muscle shirts. I appreciate the sport but not the fan culture.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 04:07:55 PM »
Anderson Silva tear up Vitor Belfort last night. This man is the real deal and an uncommon gentlemen, rarely do you see a fighter cut short a title defense celebration and go over and assist his opponent to his feet.

If GSP wins his next title defense look out for a Silva/GSP undisputed champions clash late 2011.

1]; } ?>