April 23, 2024, 07:54:56 PM

Author Topic: 7 thoughts/questions.......answers and opinions welcome  (Read 2086 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
7 thoughts/questions.......answers and opinions welcome
« on: October 18, 2005, 09:29:02 PM »
1. Why are people so averse to over-confidence by fans here on the forum ? Every thread about Trinidad in Germany '06 is replied to by "boy cool it nah...we eh beat Bahrain yet" "wait till we win to start talkin' bout Germany" ............. What are we afraid of ? What harm could be done by supporter over-confidence ?

2. Who is gonna replace Latapy & Yorke after the campaign ? Y'all doh find we've been holding on to these two fellas for too long.......If the messiah of T&T football is 37 years old.....some serious work needs to be done.....anyone see any local talent that they honestly think could be the next Latas, or Yorke etc ??

3. If JLloyd got a chance and got selected:

a. Would your support for the warriors diminish ?
b. How many good performances would it take for him to win the support of us (in general) here on the forum ?

4. If you somehow got inside factual information, that Jack paid off Mexico for our game last Wednesday would you:

a. Spread the word and try to kill the vibe of our campaign
b. Keep quiet and just personally lock off the team
c. Say "so what ....it's about time we got a lucky break....might as well just enjoy the ride"

5. What if we discovered three Birchall's at the same time ?, the actual Birchall, a left back, and a left winger- 3 White, english born Trinis with enough talent to replace some of our players, the desire and heart to join the team,  and who will play with everything they have for T&T for the rest of their lives. Would you welcome them ? How would that affect your opinion of the same Birchall that we have now adopted as our own ? Is Birchall loved partially because he's the token white foreign-based ?? How far does your patriotism and unconditional support stretch ?

6. Will this team be remembered like the strike squad ? This team has reached as far, and has the potential to go further than the strike squad....but somehow I think the strike squad is still closer to everyone's hearts. Is this true ? and if yes, why is that ?

7. Where is Reggae Fan ?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 10:51:28 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Re: 7 thoughts/questions.......answers and opinions welcome
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 10:03:16 PM »

1. Men are superstitious.

2. No, Latas and Yorke cannot be replaced. Hence, France begginh ZeeZu to come back. Not familiar enough with local football to say...but with Whitley, Theobald, Rahim, Edwards, Shakes, Spann, Samuel...who knows, it's possible.

3. My support won't change. He had aspirations or, should I say, delusions of grandeur...of playing for England. But he's low down on the pecking order. If he comes, he has to earn his spot. If he does earn his spot, then I'm backing him and the Warriors.

4. I keeping it real quiet. Albeit, the feat is somewhat diminished. I ain't bailing. And, as far as I'm concerned...we even with the football gods...see Haiti circa 1972.

5. Why should it matter if they are black, white, indian, chinese? If they giving 100% for T&T and they could play, I don't care about race, creed or religious preference. Last time I check, our passport does not specify color.

6. Too long of an explanation to get into now.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 10:53:55 PM by BigToe »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 10:11:54 PM »
1. because it have too much cowards on de board and even though they think we going they not 100% confident like the rest of us.
2.anybody could replace them, think about it dont ererybody know sombody that could do even better but just too lazt to make it happen because i do
3.i think 3 or 4 goals would gain my respect alongside some good games 5 or 6 and a gold cup apprerence
4.if jack pay fuh de match so what the whole world is corrupted i know this for a fact. why cant we ever get the better half of the deals
5.i think 1 birchal is all trini could handle(not speaking for myself i would welcome it)
6.this team is the strike squad of my time and strike squad means more to older people than the younger ones, i was there but i just went because of my pops
7.i miss RF too you aint the only 1
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 10:33:22 PM by morvantman »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 10:21:08 PM »
RF was last spotted buying a piece of red and white cloth and a jagged scissors to make a Bahrain flag

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 10:32:16 PM »
Kicker asked:  Is Birchall loved partially because he's the token white foreign-based ??

The concept of token white or black person in a group does not exist in T&T.  That is a US ting.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 10:36:31 PM »
Kicker asked:  Is Birchall loved partially because he's the token white foreign-based ??

The concept of token white or black person in a group does not exist in T&T.  That is a US ting.

that's what I would like to think....but I can only speak for myself....I not sure if that's true for all in Trini though. The term "token white" might be American, but the attitude ??........ I not too sure......

Morvantman seem to think that T&T (not himself) could only handle one Birchall right now..........what does that say.

I think some people's attitude towards Birchall might be different if there were 3 of him bidding for spots on the team...It's difficult to conceive, and controversial to think of and admit...... that's why I ask.....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 10:46:52 PM by kicker »

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 10:36:40 PM »
1. Why are people so averse to over-confidence by fans here on the forum ? Every thread about Trinidad in Germany '06 is replied to by "boy cool it nah...we eh beat Bahrain yet" "wait till we win to start talkin' bout Germany" ............. What are we afraid of ? What harm could be done by supporter over-confidence ?
Natural tendancy is that we doh want to blight de team given the high we on now

2. Who is gonna replace Latapy & Yorke after the campaign ? Y'all doh find we've been holding on to these two fellas for too long.......If the messiah of T&T football is 37 years old.....some serious work needs to be done.....anyone see any local talent that they honestly think could be the next Latas, or Yorke etc ??
As I have not seen a lot of the games it is difficult to give an objective opinion, but from what I have read in the reports the younger`players such as Whitley and Spann are coming into their own and proving to be solid players. That being said, Latas is Latas, Yorke is Yorke, they cannot be replaced.

a. Would your support for the warriors diminish ? Never...support till ah dead
b. How many good performances would it take for him to win the support of us (in general) here on the forum ? As long as the performances are consistently good, he will get the support

4. If you somehow got inside factual information, that Jack paid off Mexico for our game last Wednesday would you:

c. Say "so what ....it's about time we got a lucky break....might as well just enjoy the ride" .There it is
5. What if we discovered three Birchall's at the same time ?, the actual Birchall, a left back, and a left winger- 3 White, english born Trinis with enough talent to replace some of our players, the desire and heart to join the team,  and who will play with everything they have for T&T for the rest of their lives. Would you welcome them ? Absoloutely...based on what you describe there they possess the characteristics that make great team players.
How would that affect your opinion of the same Birchall that we have now adopted as our own ? No change
Is Birchall loved partially because he's the token white foreign-based ?? I do not believe so. Again I have no seen him play but from what I have read, he is liked because of his work rate and his contribution on the fireld. How far does your patriotism and unconditional support stretch ? From Charlottesville to the first Boca, down to Cedros, across to Galeota, up to Toco, and ending in Toronto

6. Will this team be remembered like the strike squad ?
Yes, due to the fact that we have gotten this far in the campaign and because they continue to unite the country in support on the eve of a major achievement, same as the Strike Squad
This team has reached as far, and has the potential to go further than the strike squad....but somehow I think the strike squad is still closer to everyone's hearts. Is this true ? and if yes, why is that ? For me it is and that's largely due to the fact that I saw everygame of that 90 WC campaign. I also saw every qualification game at the stadium live and was there on Nov 19th, sharing the pain when we lost to the US.

7. Where is Reggae Fan ?
In Jamrock...I presume, keeping tabs on the Reggae Boyz and roviding updates when available
well yes

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 10:40:33 PM »
RF was last spotted buying a piece of red and white cloth and a jagged scissors to make a Bahrain flag

:rotfl:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 10:44:56 PM »
i believe dat fully, he only sayin he supportin we, inside it burnin him bad we in dis situation

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 05:43:42 AM »
1. We cyar make de team get complacent, as Phillips say , we have a tendancy of beating all kind a big team den falling flat on we face because of overconfidence.
2. Yorke and latapy will never be replaced, just like warren archibald and cummings couldn't be replaced. But doh worry, plenty new starboys out their waiting .
3. a. Dumb question for me. I support T&T in every sport whether we fus or lass.
b. Once he play tuh de standard set an show heart an soul, fus game he have mih support.
4. a. Tricky question. If the team looking like they did not need Jack's intervention ,no. If de team putting down a whole lot a shite ah go jus bad talk dat.

5. Damn good question, for 3 yes, but what about 11, a whole team make up of trini's by heritage ?
Birchal white? Ah doh see color on de field.
Unconditional support? Mih pores does raise when ah step on BeeWee when ah coming home, doh mine ah does get better treatment on BA.

6. To tell yuh de truth de 73' team closer to mih heart dan de 89' team. Dis team will be the thing that legends are made of once we qualify.

7. Ah feel RF posting as ah bahrain now.

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 12:11:30 PM »
1) Superstition, they don't want to blight the team, I think some people believe that the public with their over confidence in '89 may have contributed to what followed after declaring public holidays before time.

2) They'll never be replaced as such but if we qualify it will definitely open a few doors for a lot of youngsters. Spann, Edwards. Theobald, Whitley, Birchall all have talent in their own right, if they get the breaks (which comes easier as a WC player) They'll do well for us.

3a) I will support whoever is in the Red, White and Black without fail. We hire a man to manage the team who I believe is a good coach and he'll do the job.

3b) Good performances will win over anyone, especially if it helps you to win. Once he adds value to the team then I will support him.

4) Honestly, I'll say 'so what' and it will diminish for me though. BUT I know it wasn't the case

5) I don't care who dons the Red, if I believe it's the best team in the particular situation, then I don't have a problem with background of any player.

6) I was 9 in '89 and cried my heart out but I've followed the careers of most of these players and I have a stronger connection with them. My dad has a stronger connection with the Strike Squad so I suppose it depends when you were growing up.

7) RF is still licking his wounds after the Aussies demolish them and his prediction that we won't make the playoff which was wrong is a bit to much to swallow.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 12:46:29 PM »

a. Would your support for the warriors diminish ?
b. How many good performances would it take for him to win the support of us (in general) here on the forum ?

c. Say "so what ....it's about time we got a lucky break....might as well just enjoy the ride"

5. What if we discovered three Birchall's at the same time ?, the actual Birchall, a left back, and a left winger- 3 White, english born Trinis with enough talent to replace some of our players, the desire and heart to join the team,  and who will play with everything they have for T&T for the rest of their lives. Would you welcome them ? How would that affect your opinion of the same Birchall that we have now adopted as our own ? Is Birchall loved partially because he's the token white foreign-based ?? How far does your patriotism and unconditional support stretch ?

6. Will this team be remembered like the strike squad ? This team has reached as far, and has the potential to go further than the strike squad....but somehow I think the strike squad is still closer to everyone's hearts. Is this true ? and if yes, why is that ?

7. Where is Reggae Fan ?

1 - 3 words.....November 19, 1989

2 - Should we make it to the world cup, interest in football will spike locally, more of the talent WE ALL KNOW EXISTS will see football as a viable option once again.  Latapy & Yorke were really a tremendous duo.  We especially are unlikely to see the likes of Latapy anytime soon.  But we have young players with ability such as Keon Daniel who can step up to that mantle.  Even the little small white youth from de Under 15 team apparently is "special".  Do they have the metal application necessary to succeed?  That is the X factor.

3 - Based on the NEEDS OF OUR TEAM, should J Llloyd Samuel express an interest in playing for T&T, I would put aside sentiment and welcome him.  He would have to EARN a spot just like anybody else but I expect with his skill set, he should fill a void for us.

4 - No disrespeck...but dotish question.

5 - If any player is eligible and COMMITTED to the T&T cause, I will welcome that player whether they be black, white, yellow, brown, or purple.

6 - Strike Squad is closer in my opinion.  A totally local squad who lived and trained together for the majority of the time.  We watched them all the time.  Not like this soca warriors team where we can only see them 5 days before a game.  The soca warriors 2005 edition has a professionalism that the Strike Squad didn't have in my opinion.  Lots of HEART!

7 - Converting to the Muslim faith I would suspect.... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 01:21:58 PM »
1. Ppl averse to over-confidence cuz they believe dat is the primary reason for us failing in 89.

2. Carlos and Whitley takin over from Latas and Yorke.

3. Accept J Lloyd after d first game he play hard.

4. I really wouldn't care cuz I know Guatemala cheat too.

5. I takin all 3 Birchalls but I eh know if they could make d squad.

6. This team WILL be remembered as much as Strike Squad, or even more because of this forum.

7. DOing something more constructive I presume
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 01:27:03 PM »
Just a quick note about numero uno...Is it just me or did anyone else feel like they were lookin at a secondary schools league game after watching the video clips of  Bahrain playin those other Asian temas.If dey was playin in another venue, I would ah swear it was St.Anthonys vs Presentation.
They scored 1 or 2 good goals but then there were some where the opposing keepas look ah lil suspect.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

1]; } ?>