April 29, 2024, 06:52:34 AM

Author Topic: 2011 CONCACAF U-17 Finals  (Read 15904 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
2011 CONCACAF U-17 Finals
« on: December 15, 2010, 01:31:35 PM »
Group A:   Costa Rica, El Salvador, Haiti

Group B:   USA, Panama, Cuba

Group C:  Jamaica, Guatemala, Trinidad & Tobago

Group D:  Honduras, Canada, Barbados
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 05:43:15 AM by Tallman »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF U17 Draw
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 01:41:33 PM »
Playing where?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 01:49:08 PM »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 02:18:40 PM »
We go buss them up.

We beating up them Jakans in Jaka.   :whip: :whip:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 02:53:47 PM »
T&T U-17S GROUPED WITH HOSTS JAMAICA,GUATEMALA IN CONCACAF FINAL ROUND    Print

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Men’s Under 17 team have been grouped with hosts Jamaica and Guatemala for the Final Round of CONCACAF Qualification towards the 2011 FIFA Under 17 World Cup.

This was determined at the draw in Montego Bay, Jamaica on Wednesday.
The fixtures will be released by CONCACAF within the next week but already T&T head coach Shawn Cooper and Youth development officer Anton Corneal were looking ahead to the tournament with optimism. Corneal led the T&T Under 17 team to the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Cup after coming out of the qualifying group in Jamaica that year. T&T defeated the hosts 1-0 at the National Stadium in Kingston by way of a Kevin Molino first half goal. Molino is now a member of the T&T Senior Team.

“It’s a good group actually. Jamaica at home will be difficult but with the type of competition we have been part of in the last four weeks, I think our preparations have been spot on for this tournament especially looking at our first round group now,” Corneal told TTFF Media on Wednesday.

“There is still a lot of work to be done between now and the tournament and we need to ensure we have ourselves adequately prepared. Of the draw shows we have avoided the powerhouses of the Concacaf such as USA, Mexico and Costa Rica but the other two teams in our group will also see it that way and sometimes that can make the group ever harder because all the teams now believe they are in with an excellent chance of advancing,” Corneal added.

The T&T team, captained by Dwayne Muckette, returned last week from the Tournament of the Americas in Cali Colombia, winning three games and losing two against the youth teams of some of Colombia’s top clubs.

Cooper also believes T&T stands a good chance of advancing. In August this year T&T topped their Caribbean Football Union group with a 0-0 draw with Cuba and victories over Bermuda (2-1), St Kitt’s Nevis (8-0)

“I think it’s an excellent draw. We have done fairly well against Jamaica at this level  and the tour to Colombia would have prepared us for the Spanish-speaking teams. We have been invited to return to Colombia in January and this could turn out to be another valuable training camp for us before we had to Jamaica,” Cooper added.

The top two teams from each group will advance to the quarterfinals February 22-23 with winners of groups A and B facing the runners-up from the opposite group. Likewise, the winners of groups C and D will play the runners-up from the opposite group with all four winners moving on to the semifinals February 25 and qualifying for the U-17 World Cup in Mexico

The four semifinalists will join Mexico as CONCACAF’s representatives at the June 18-July 10 World Cup. (Dec 15,2010)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »
must win that group.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 05:49:25 PM »
Doh sleep on JA. Their federation is pulling out all the stops in assemblng and training a strong team.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 06:10:34 PM »
Doh sleep on JA. Their federation is pulling out all the stops in assemblng and training a strong team.

JAmaica will be confident of topiing this group. This is priority #1 for the JFF over the coming months. The kids will be going off to Brazil for extended training beginning next year. I dont see us fluking out at home again like the last time.

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 06:21:33 PM »

JAmaica will be confident of topiing this group. This is priority #1 for the JFF over the coming months. The kids will be going off to Brazil for extended training beginning next year. I dont see us fluking out at home again like the last time.

Jamaicans are always confident of topping everything, last week two Jamaicans were watching my goat and talking about topping it.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 06:28:01 PM »
I await the plans for international friendlies for this under 17!! a triangular with Haiti and Barbados would be good and games against el salvador and Venezuela and the Colombia under 17 team..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 06:45:14 PM »

you didn't fluke out last time...word was the game was very competitive. you just were overcome by a stronger team.

this time we seem to have an unremarkable but solid squad. no real standouts.

although....anytime I hear Anton corneal say he 'optimistic' about we chances i start to worry.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »

you didn't fluke out last time...word was the game was very competitive. you just were overcome by a stronger team.

although....anytime I hear Anton corneal say he 'optimistic' about we chances i start to worry.

ENTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 07:23:34 AM »
Young Boyz could spend six weeks in Brazil
By Paul A. Reid (Jamaica Observer)

General secretary of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), Horace Reid, is confident that once the preparation of the national Under-17 team goes well, they should qualify for next year's FIFA World Cup to be held in Mexico.

Reid, who was at yesterday's draw for the CONCACAF Final held at the Hilton Hotel in Rose Hall, says the team should qualify for the Final — their second at this level — and make the country proud.

The Young Reggae Boyz were drawn in Group C alongside Caribbean neighbours Trinidad and Tobago and Central American team Guatemala in the draw held outside of New York for the first time ever.

Jamaica qualified for the 1999 Finals held in New Zealand, but failed to win any of their first-round games.

Meanwhile, a 30-man delegation headed by head coach Wendell Downswell left the island yesterday just before the start of the draw, headed for Brazil for a three-week training camp, which Reid said could be extended to six weeks and include 15 practice games.

Additionally, Reid said there are plans for two international friendlies when the team returns to Jamaica to continue its preparations.

Reid said the draw was "a tough one, it is not easy in any group; it's always a difficult draw when we're drawn against out Caribbean neighbours Trinidad and we have seen the improvements over time of Guatemala".

He added: "We're confident that once the programme is on track and once the preparation goes well that our team will do Jamaica very proud."

The 22-player delegation is initially set to stay in Brazil for three weeks, but Reid said there are talks to extend it another three weeks.

"We're very pleased that we're giving our team an excellent shot at preparations with the team going off to Brazil," he told the Observer.

"At this time we have already confirmed eight games and we are looking at extending the camp into another three weeks and so it could last up to six weeks and 15 games."

The preparation, he said, would be holistic, involving tactical work on and off the field, as well as work in the gym.

Reid said the plans were for an additional "two international games here in western Jamaica, preferably at Catherine Hall where the team will be based".

Olivia 'Babsy' Grange, the Minister of Youth and Sports who also spoke at yesterday's event, expressed joy as Minister and as a football fan and said the staging of the event, "fits well within the government's strategy for sports".

"Jamaica has the potential to become one of the world's premier sports destinations and my mandate is to take steps within our physical constraints to realise that potential," said Grange.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 08:47:13 AM »

Typical Jamaican tripe. We have beaten Jamaica at U15, U17 level (in Kingston) steadily since the Leston Paul generation. They couldn’t make it out of their group for the U20 to get more wood from us.

That said I don’t know anything our current team. I hope we can continue to be successful against them or as that fella put it, Jamaica should continue fluking out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 07:11:21 AM »
Excited Young Boyz arrive in Brazil
BY HOWARD WALKER Observer

SAO PAULO, Brazil — Jamaica's Under-17 football team arrived here for a three-week training stint a tired but excited bunch after travelling for approximately 24 hours from Kingston.

The 31-member delegation arrived in three groups, with the first set of three — including goalkeeper coach Clive Wedderburn — arriving on Wednesday morning, followed by nine persons on Thursday morning, with the rest catching up yesterday afternoon.

Team manager Roy Simpson said everything went smooth and the players are eager after arriving at the sprawling and impressive Traffic Academy.

"Travelling for eight hours from Miami to Brazil is an experience, but for the players, they are more excited about being part of the continued journey to our success. The long flight didn't at all have any effect on them," Simpson told the Observer.

"These are players that understand what the commitment are and it's a good experience to show them what international football is about and what it takes to succeed at this level," he added.

"I think I am in football long and I have never been to such a facility and it shows why certain countries do better than some," he said.

"It also shows you the kind of commitment the federations have to get this team qualified because this is a first-world facility and I hope this is what we'll assimilate in Jamaica," said Simpson.

The players had a light training session on one of the seven carpet-like fields available at Traffic Academy, which head coach Wendell Downswell said was to get them out of the jetlag state of mind.

"The fact that we're here now, we'll structure the programme accordingly based on what we have seen and the games that we will be playing," Downswell said.

When the draw for CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers took place on Wednesday in Jamaica, Downswell was on his way to Brazil and on arrival was a happy man knowing that Jamaica had been grouped with Guatemala and Trinidad & Tobago.

"We're very optimistic, we think we have a realistic chance of qualifying for the World Cup and this is the dream and aspiration of an entire nation," said Downswell.

The squad is scheduled to return home on January 4 and with the 12-team qualifiers set for February 12-28, Downswell is hoping the JFF gets its wish of extending the training to six weeks, thus returning just ahead of the tournament.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 08:12:52 AM »
Group C:  Jamaica, Guatemala, Trinidad & Tobago

Group D:  Honduras, Canada, Barbados

So it would either be one of 3 senarios:

Trinidad and Tobago vs Canada
Trinidad and Tobago vs Honduras
Trinidad and Tobago vs Barbados

For a place in the world cup in Mexico........provided we come first or 2nd in our group

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 04:35:16 PM »
NEW YORK - Haiti will face Costa Rica and Cuba will play the United States on the opening day of the CONCACAF Under-17 Championship February 14 in Trelawny, Jamaica.

RELATED COVERAGE
Jamaica gets rival Trinidad in U-17 Championship
U-17 Championship draw set for December 15
Guatemala wins in UNCAF U-17 play
Latest news
Schedule/results
More coverage

The complete schedule for the biennial tournament released Tuesday has host Jamaica completing the second day's doubleheader against Caribbean rival Trinidad & Tobago in Montego Bay while Barbados will play Honduras.

Groups A & B will play reverse quarterfinals between the winners and runners-up on February 22 while Groups C & D will follow the next day. All quarterfinals will be played at Montego Bay's Catherine Hall Stadium.

The semifinals will be played February 25 with the third-place and championship match two days later.

CONCACAF U-17 Championship Schedule

Group A: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Haiti
Group B: United States, Panama, Cuba
Group C: Jamaica, Guatemala, Trinidad & Tobago
Group D: Honduras, Canada, Barbados

All Times U.S. Eastern
FIRST ROUND
Monday, February 14
At Trelawny
Haiti vs. Costa Rica, 12:30 p.m.
Cuba vs. United States, 3 p.m.

Tuesday, February 15
At Montego Bay
Barbados vs. Honduras, noon
Jamaica vs. Trinidad & Tobago, 3 p.m.

Wednesday, February 16
At Trelawny
El Salvador vs. Haiti, 12:30 p.m.
Panama vs. Cuba, 3 p.m.

Thursday, February 17
At Montego Bay
Canada vs. Barbados, 12:30 p.m.
Guatemala vs. Trinidad & Tobago, 3 p.m.

Friday, February 18
At Trelawny
Costa Rica vs. El Salvador, 12:30 p.m.
United States vs. Panama, 3 p.m.

Saturday, February 19
At Montego Bay
Honduras vs. Canada, 12:30 p.m.
Jamaica vs. Guatemala, 3 p.m.

QUARTERFINALS
At Montego Bay
Tuesday, February 22
QF1: Group A winner vs. Group B runner-up, noon
QF2: Group B winner vs. Group A runner-up, 3 p.m.

Wednesday, February 23
QF3: Group D winner vs. Group C runner-up, noon
QF4: Group C winner vs. Group D runner-up, 3 p.m.

SEMIFINALS
At Montego Bay
Friday, February 25
Quarterfinal 1 winner vs. Quarterfinal 3 winner, 4 p.m.
Quarterfinal 2 winner vs. Quarterfinal 4 winner, 7 p.m.

FINALS
At Montego Bay
Sunday, February 27
Third-Place
Semifinal losers, 4 p.m.
CHAMPIONSHIP
Semifinal winners, 7 p.m.

*Order of matches subject to change.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 04:49:56 PM »
This qualifier is a month and a half away. They will need some serious playing time between now and then to even emerge from the first round. The federation knows what it takes to qualify for a world cup, but they have not given this team the same opportunities as the last two. Back to playing the ass yet again!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:54:12 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline TTvibes

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 07:30:01 PM »
Playing where?

Palos long time a dwo see yu pon the reggae boyz site,,,, HI

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 07:53:06 AM »
Something tell me Anton want to get rid of Shaun Cooper,i will wait and see. :-X

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »
Something tell me Anton want to get rid of Shaun Cooper,i will wait and see. :-X

We waiting wit u.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 01:00:26 PM »
shawn cooper is a real good coach for youths, hopefully he doh get set up.  my ideal scenario is vranes handling the U-20, cooper doing U-17 and bertille doing U-14 (allyuh doh shoot me), steadman would be another option but i dont think he up to coaching again...we need a lot of discipline at the u-14 level.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 06:17:21 PM »
so dem youths training right now..who dey play recently ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 11:05:42 AM »
Canadian U-17s opens 2011 schedule in Costa Rica
Canada's men's U-17 team has opened its 2011 international campaign in advance of the CONCACAF Men's Under-17 Championship. Canada fell 0:2 to Costa Rica, giving away a pair of goals in the second half.

"We had some encouraging performances, especially from the players who are just starting to gain international experience," said Canadian U-17 head coach Sean Fleming.

Canada, whose title sponsor is BMO Financial Group, is currently preparing for the 2011 CONCACAF Men's Under-17 Championship. That qualification tournament will send four teams to the FIFA U-17 World Cup Mexico 2011. The CONCACAF championship takes place in the second half of February in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Canada opens 17 February against Barbados.

In San José, Costa Rica, Canada will play two international matches against Costa Rica (2 and 6 January) and one against a club reserve team (4 January).

"Costa Rica is a good team and we created some quality chances," said Fleming. "We also had some disappointing performances. We now hope that as we approach qualification, those (missed opportunities) will get less and less. You won't qualify if you don't finish those chances."

Of the 13 players that featured in the 2 January match, four players got their first start in an international match: Sergio Camargo, Alex Halis, Sadi Jalali and Adam Polakiewicz. Of further note, both Camargo and Halis were making their international debut.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
Stempel named Guatemala U-17 Technical Director

Gary Stempel, who guided the Panamanian national team to the 2009 Central American title, took the reins Monday as Guatemala's new Under-17 technical director. (Courtesy MexSport)
Share |

GUATEMALA CITY, Guatemala -- Gary Stempel was formally introduced Monday as technical director of the Guatemalan Under-17 national team. The 53-year-old will be assisted by Raul Calderon and is charged with preparing the squad for next month's CONCACAF Under-17 Championship.

Stempel has enjoyed great success in Panamanian football management, guiding the national team to a 2009 Central American title and a quarterfinal place in that year's CONCACAF Gold Cup. In 2003, he was in command as the Under-20 side qualified for the World Cup in the United Arab Emirates.

At the club level, the English-born Stempel led San Francisco FC to multiple Panamanian titles and an appearance in the 2008/2009 CONCACAF Champions League.

For the CONCACAF Under-17 Championship, Guatemala was drawn into Group C, where it will face Trinidad & Tobago on February 17 and Jamaica, the tournament host, two days later.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why we lag behind
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 07:01:23 PM »
Just thought I would show what a country with less contacts and money than us is capable of achieving if they are serious ...
You think our shamistration can conceive a similar  plan ? Just compare what they are doing now and what we are doing now .....after their tour there is continuity , growth ...what is our plan ????
I await the results from the qualifying competition ....if you fail to plan ..plan to fail !!

Brazil a hit - Coach happy with 6-week training camp for U-17s

Downswell says Brazil stint laid foundation for future

HOWARD WALKER with Jamaica's U-17 REGGAE BOYZ in Brazil

Monday, January 24, 2011

Print this page Email A Friend!

SAO PAULO, Brazil — Head coach of Jamaica's National Under-17 football team, Wendell Downswell, said the six-week training stint here was of tremendous help in the overall preparation for the CONCACAF championships to be held on the island's north coast from February 14-27.

"We are particularly satisfied, and after the six weeks, I do believe that the camp was a resounding success," said Downswell moments after the players were given a fitness test yesterday morning.

Head coach Wendell Downswell (pointing fingers) gives instructions to Jamaica’s Under-17 footballers in Sao Paulo, Brazil recently. (Observer file photo)
[Hide Description] Head coach Wendell Downswell (pointing fingers) gives instructions to Jamaica’s Under-17 footballers in Sao Paulo, Brazil recently. (Observer file photo)
[Restore Description]
1/1

The core of the Jamaican delegation is scheduled to arrive in Jamaica on Monday morning at 11:30 from Sao Paulo via Miami.

The young Reggae Boyz will have a function in their honour tomorrow at the offices of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF).

The following day, they will travel to Montego Bay, St James, for a training session before engaging the USA in two friendly games on January 27 and 30 at Jarrett Park.

The last time Jamaica qualified a team for a World Cup was back 2001 for the Argentina Under-20 championship and Downswell is quietly confident his Under-17s will do likewise.

"The future looks bright as we have a very disciplined set of youngsters and we are happy as a staff... we expect some quality football... the expectations are high and our intention is to justify the confidence that the public has in us," he told the Observer.

The Jamaicans arrived in Brazil on December 15, initially for a three-week camp, but the JFF extended it to six weeks to maximise the training possibilities in the South American nation, home of five-time senior World Cup champions.

"We have played 10 games, won three and drew two... the other games I don't see as losses because they have been invaluable experience for the players.

"We put them up against some tough teams. If we came to Brazil with the intention of just winning games, it (training camp) wouldn't serve its purpose," Downswell noted.

The veteran coach said it didn't take long for his players to get a feel of the Brazilians as opponents.

"When we reflect on the early games and the youngsters realised the movements of the Brazilians and their pace, we knew with time, we would get just as good as them.

"We were pretty focused, despite the score-line of some of the games, (but) it was part of the whole development aspect because at that time we were mainly concentrating on a lot of functional work," explained Downswell.

But most rewarding, he said, was the overall growth of the team.

"With regards to the squad, I am impressed with a number of these players, who have grown considerably, both in physique and tactical awareness. The discipline that they have exhibited and the fact that they have been in an environment like this, rubbing shoulders with a number of Corinthian players camped here, so they got a feel of what it is like in a professional arena," Downswell said.

All in all, the coaching staff believes a solid foundation has been laid and a template designed for the future development of youth teams -- male and female.

"Based on what I have seen our youth football is in good stead... we really hope that corporate Jamaica comes on board now," Downswell said, adding his voice to the JFF's endless pleas for financial help.

"I must commend the JFF for extending the camp... believe you me, this camp has done tremendously in terms of our forward movement in the programme itself... the support that we got from the government and corporate Jamaica I think was money well spent," he added.

If there were disappointments on the Brazilian stint, Downswell felt it would be the spate of injuries.

"Maybe the injuries, as it took some time to get back some players... probably next time we need to carry a much larger squad, somewhere between 25 and 28 players so we can rotate them if there are injuries," noted Downswell.

Jamaica are drawn alongside Trinidad & Tobago and Guatemala in Group C of the CONCACAF Under-17 Championship.

The top-four teams qualify for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup along with host Mexico in June.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/Brazil-a-hit---Coach-happy-with-6-week-training-camp-for-U-17s_8313702#ixzz1C0KvJsym

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Why we lag behind
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 07:14:14 PM »
well socafan talking about how my passion is blind, ja passion for their national team is the reason why they progress with less money

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 07:42:23 PM »
who running the program????

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 08:28:58 PM »
well we plan to play Barbados  :beermug: :beermug: so thing eh so bad

1]; } ?>