March 28, 2024, 08:22:33 PM

Author Topic: Fenwick: It would be an honor to lead the Soca Warriors.  (Read 12897 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick: It would be an honor to lead the Soca Warriors.
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2010, 05:50:29 PM »
The point is he deserves a chance to be coach after helping so many players that featured in our teams for the last decade. Nuff said.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2010, 05:52:02 PM »
Any coach who could install the discipline in our National Team that they would knock that ball around for at least a minute with a proper defence and at the same time deal with TTFF and they bullshit i say go brave . 

When allyuh talk about discipline, describe what allyuh really mean. Sometime people think that our players are rowdy and careless and don't care. That is far from the truth. Maybe some players(Dwight, Latas???), but not all the players. I think our players lack confidence and support. First of all, the teams don't get support. They play far away from their home base. Few people in the stands. Then there is the issue of salary. I honestly don't know how them does get paid. When they play for the national team is a next set of issues with the TTFF. 13 games and still not paid. They are still willing play dispite late payment and they are called undiscipline, lazy and greedy!!!!!! lay off them guys a bit. Yes their are things individual players should be doing on their own to get over the top. Proper diet and weight training are 2 things I would like the players to do on their own. Most of the clubs don't have facilities. Lay off that ill-discipline cliche a bit.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010, 05:54:48 PM »
When allyuh talk about discipline, describe what allyuh really mean.

Discipline= how to be a professional

-Eating right
-Training right
-How to play the game the right way, applying proper techniques, executing coaching strategy etc.
-Having the right mental approach to the profession
- ...Etc.

On the evidence our players lacking discipline.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010, 06:14:43 PM »
"Is not Trini players he working with at Jabloteh?  Is he not successful playing his style with those Trini players?  Does TnT even have a facking "style"?  Other than starting slow, ketching goal in we ass and spending 3/4 of the game playing catch-up?  Conceding sorf goal is de 'style' yuh talking about?  If so then I ready fuh ah new style"
 :D :applause:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 06:17:19 PM »

-Eating right
-Training right
-How to play the game the right way, applying proper techniques, executing coaching strategy etc.
- ...Etc.

Bakes, OK that is fine. But, that can't start at the national team level. That has to start at he club level. I can only see that happening if the NT coach has the players for 3-4 weeks at a time. Yes, then he can instill those requirements. But if he can only get them 5 days at a time, I don't see that wukkin'.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 07:18:15 PM »

-Eating right
-Training right
- ...Etc.

Bakes, OK that is fine. But, that can't start at the national team level. That has to start at he club level. I can only see that happening if the NT coach has the players for 3-4 weeks at a time. Yes, then he can instill those requirements. But if he can only get them 5 days at a time, I don't see that wukkin'.

Didn't Beenie achieve this Deeks?  You are not wrong, all of the above starts not only w/clubs but with our football infrastructure, from youth level all the way up, in the absence of one a senior men's team coach can bring about the above given enough time, we have at least one data pt that says so...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 07:34:16 PM »
"Is not Trini players he working with at Jabloteh?  Is he not successful playing his style with those Trini players?  Does TnT even have a facking "style"?  Other than starting slow, ketching goal in we ass and spending 3/4 of the game playing catch-up?  Conceding sorf goal is de 'style' yuh talking about?  If so then I ready fuh ah new style"
 :D :applause:

He working with what he have right now, a limited T&T bunch, as a national coach he will have more players to choose from. Not to mention most of the current T&T players are Terry/Jabloteh products.

Give the man a chance for the LEAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »
So whappen to Tigana? was he just last week's flavor. Wais the posish with that?

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »
Anal Roberts say to locallize itt and Fenwick  consider himself a local so lets try him .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2010, 01:42:38 AM »
Fenwick: It would be an honor to lead the Soca Warriors.
By: Inshan Mohammed.

SWO - We as fans want to see attractive, constructive and determined football. If you got the job as T&T head coach what difference would you make and what new ideas will you be bringing to the table.
TF: - I would restore National Pride in our football and qualify for all the important competitions, World Cup and Gold Cup!  My passion for the game, coaching ability and determination would come shining through in my teams. T&T are fed up with mediocrity and failure, I would change that!

Terry does not think he will get this job. No coach in their right mind knowing the situation with the TTFF would make these kinda promises with out setting conditions and a timeline. Right now the man politicking, talking with water in his mouth.  Why didn't he answer the question and state tangible differences and new ideas?

SWO - Do you feel you have what it takes to make our local players better? In other words, can you bring them up to the international standard?
TF: - Flex, we are producing top quality players here in T&T, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!  Our deficiencies are in coaching and our ability to get the message across. My knowledge, coaching ability and discipline would reap rewards…… Players enjoy working in a professional environment; I would do my best to provide that for my players.

The follow up question should have been regarded expectations for Jabloteh in the CONCACAF Club Championship.
:applause:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2010, 08:31:07 AM »
SWO - We as fans want to see attractive, constructive and determined football. If you got the job as T&T head coach what difference would you make and what new ideas will you be bringing to the table.
TF: - I would restore National Pride in our football and qualify for all the important competitions, World Cup and Gold Cup!   My passion for the game, coaching ability and determination would come shining through in my teams. T&T are fed up with mediocrity and failure, I would change that!

Oh really!  ???

He throwing talk for Jack & the TTFF to see if they go take the bait as he knows he's on their unofficial blacklist!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2010, 08:33:36 AM »

-Eating right
-Training right
-How to play the game the right way, applying proper techniques, executing coaching strategy etc.-Having the right mental approach to the profession
- ...Etc.

That's not discipline. You could be disciplined and not know how to aply proper technique etc. due to poor coaching
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2010, 09:01:53 AM »
What position Jabloteh in this season again? When last he beat McComie, who point out that they only have one way to play so it easy to counteract them?

I have no issue witht  man being given a chance, just doh hail him as the messiah.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2010, 09:14:41 AM »

SWO - Assuming you got the job what about a supporting staff? Will we see changes?
TF: - I would find positions for most of T&T’s legendary players past and present, they all have a part to play. They should all contribute. Good players recognize good players and T&T needs a strong character at the top to harness and direct the combined efforts of these legends to ensure on-going continuity and success. I am a strong character!!!

SWO - What do you feel are some of the important things missing in our football today, both on and off the field?
TF: - Coaching awards should be made available to all and not just a selected few. T&T, lack good coaches, there is a lot of good will and effort, but technical competence is sadly amiss. I would support the PFL teams in their fight to obtain access to community facilities, supporters and social clubs, a home base and a facility to call their own.

Once again, Terry Fenwick crying in the wilderness, but nobody hears him though.

How sad.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2010, 09:50:59 AM »
So Terry Fenwick claims he'll bring the pride back to playing for T&T and our results will improve if he's made coach seeing that he's guaranteeing qualification to the Gold Cup and World Cup

Let's look at the evidence.

Terry Fenwick's supporters say look at how he works with T&T players and has success with them.

Well it's true that he works with T&T players.  But what is this success peeps talkin about?

He's worked with Jabloteh only, which certainly up to a couple years ago was one of 2 dominant clubs in T&T football.  Their roster comprised of 99% T&T players.

In addition, many Jabloteh players have gone on to other clubs and a significant number of National team players have played for Jabloteh under Fenwick at one time or the other.

So if one is to gauge "success" by being tops in the T&T Pro League and number of players on the National team, I guess Fenwick is "successful".

But let's examine further.

When Jabloteh comes up against foreign opposition in the CONCACAF Champions League...even in their heyday....how did they fare?  Has Jabloteh ever made it to the final rounds of that CL?  As a matter of fact, the other dominant local team over the past 5 - 10 years, W Connection, has made more strides in that arena than Jabloteh ever has.  Even relative newcomer Joe Public, with a Bajan coach, has done better than Jabloteh ever has under Fenwick in that competition.

If I'm not mistaken (and I frequently am), the best Jabloteh has ever done when playing foreign competition is when they played Chicago Fire and buss dey tail 3-1 or something in T&T with Cornell Glen running riot.  And even then, Fenwick was just an assistant to Head Coach Ricky Hill.  Of course, Jabloteh come and get dey ass wax in Chicago in de return leg.  But these things happen.

So if its accurate that Jabloteh has had little or no success outside of T&T, and Jabloteh under Fenwick at their peak was a de facto T&T national team (local based anyway), why would anyone think that T&T would have any success under Fenwick?

I not sayin Fenwick not better than Latapy, or that he's not even the right guy for the job at this time, but to me he just talks a good game.  He's yet to produce the results on it.  Unless yuh satisfied with results at the Pro League level....2 years ago when CLICO had money.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2010, 09:51:28 AM »
What position Jabloteh in this season again? When last he beat McComie, who point out that they only have one way to play so it easy to counteract them?

I have no issue witht  man being given a chance, just doh hail him as the messiah.

Who on this forum did that? People just highlighted how some of de man's coaching attributes could benefit the national team. And come nah man...we all know that Jabloteh experienced a mass exodus of players while they were in financial crisis. The man is rebuilding that team with the limited financial resources he has so yuh cyar expect to see them steam roll every other team in the League like they did prior to his year long absence. The man is a decent coach and could be de right fit for T&T. I would give him a chance even if it's as interim head coach. If not I think he could do well at the helm of the u-20 or Olympic team (based on his experience working with the youths).
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2010, 10:01:27 AM »
So Terry Fenwick claims he'll bring the pride back to playing for T&T and our results will improve if he's made coach seeing that he's guaranteeing qualification to the Gold Cup and World Cup

Terry Fenwick's supporters say look at how he works with T&T players and has success with them.

Well it's true that he works with T&T players.  But what is this success peeps talkin about?

He's worked with Jabloteh only, which certainly up to a couple years ago was one of 2 dominant clubs in T&T football.  Their roster comprised of 99% T&T players.

In addition, many Jabloteh players have gone on to other clubs and a significant number of National team players have played for Jabloteh under Fenwick at one time or the other.

So if one is to gauge "success" by being tops in the T&T Pro League and number of players on the National team, I guess Fenwick is "successful".

When Jabloteh comes up against foreign opposition in the CONCACAF Champions League...even in their heyday....how did they fare?  Has Jabloteh ever made it to the final rounds of that CL?  As a matter of fact, the other dominant local team over the past 5 - 10 years, W Connection, has made more strides in that arena than Jabloteh ever has.  Even relative newcomer Joe Public, with a Bajan coach, has done better than Jabloteh ever has under Fenwick in that competition.

If I'm not mistaken (and I frequently am), the best Jabloteh has ever done when playing foreign competition is when they played Chicago Fire and buss dey tail 3-1 or something in T&T with Cornell Glen running riot.  And even then, Fenwick was just an assistant to Head Coach Ricky Hill.  Of course, Jabloteh come and get dey ass wax in Chicago in de return leg.  But these things happen.

So if its accurate that Jabloteh has had little or no success outside of T&T, and Jabloteh under Fenwick at their peak was a de facto T&T national team (local based anyway), why would anyone think that T&T would have any success under Fenwick?

I not sayin Fenwick not better than Latapy, or that he's not even the right guy for the job at this time, but to me he just talks a good game.  He's yet to produce the results on it.  Unless yuh satisfied with results at the Pro League level....2 years ago when CLICO had money.

Good post
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2010, 10:10:38 AM »

Good post

to clarify... Fenwick was never an assistant to Ricky Hill.

Fenwick had left Jabloteh and Ricky Hill took charge for one season... it was essentially Fenwicks team that destroyed Fire 5-2 in the stadium.... however in the return leg... Ian Gray received a red card late in the first half and Fire went on to win 4-0
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2010, 10:21:33 AM »

Fenwick had left Jabloteh and Ricky Hill took charge for one season... it was essentially Fenwicks team that destroyed Fire 5-2 in the stadium.... however in the return leg... Ian Gray received a red card late in the first half and Fire went on to win 4-0

OK....so Ricky Hill was coach for the one time Jabloteh had "success" in that realm?

Ah guess if it was really Fenwick's team, it come like saying de Soca Warriors that qualified for the 2006 WC is really Bertille St Clair's team.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2010, 10:28:23 AM »

Good post

:shameonyou:

Not that Simple.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2010, 11:00:59 AM »

OK....so Ricky Hill was coach for the one time Jabloteh had "success" in that realm?

Ah guess if it was really Fenwick's team, it come like saying de Soca Warriors that qualified for the 2006 WC is really Bertille St Clair's team.

dont be an a$$hole nah.... club football and national football ent de same and yuh intelligent enough to see that

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »

-Eating right
-Training right
-How to play the game the right way, applying proper techniques, executing coaching strategy etc.-Having the right mental approach to the profession
- ...Etc.

That's not discipline. You could be disciplined and not know how to aply proper technique etc. due to poor coaching

You could take anything in isolation and argue that it's "not discipline", but if you're getting proper instruction from the coaches and you fail to heed that instruction then that is poor discipline.  If you get that instruction and you allow other distractions to prevent you from focusing on your task on the field that is poor discipline.  If others get the same instruction and can execute, yet you can, then that could be attributable to a number of reasons, poor discipline being one of them.

Your objection to this being labeled a discipline issue perhaps underscores why the problem exist, people (including the players) don't recognize the problem for what it is.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2010, 11:08:10 AM »
Ah don't want to sound like ah bandwagonist, but he is probably the best fit as national coach:  he's played at the highest levels, has coached here, knows the setup, feels a deep connection to our shores, and brings that professionalism.  Is he perfect?  No.  He has made mistakes, but isn't the first one.  He also respects our legends, and in the midst of his criticism, he has been sure not to denigrate Yorke or Latas, and you could sense that he holds deep respects for their achievements as players.  He sounds willing to bury whatever qualms he has with TTFF / Jack, and get on with the business.  Ah waiting for man to lambaste me now. ;D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2010, 11:11:48 AM »
Ah don't want to sound like ah bandwagonist, but he is probably the best fit as national coach:  he's played at the highest levels, has coached here, knows the setup, feels a deep connection to our shores, and brings that professionalism.  Is he perfect?  No.  He has made mistakes, but isn't the first one.  He also respects our legends, and in the midst of his criticism, he has been sure not to denigrate Yorke or Latas, and you could sense that he holds deep respects for their achievements as players.  He sounds willing to bury whatever qualms he has with TTFF / Jack, and get on with the business.  Ah waiting for man to lambaste me now. ;D

Good post
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2010, 11:13:41 AM »

Some valid points, Palos, but I think with access to our entire player pool, he could be very effective.  Think about what he would do with the local and foreign coalition.  

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2010, 11:13:49 AM »

Not only that, but saying that Fenwick's teams never achieved much outside of the Pro League isn't necessarily a knock against Fenwick, but perhaps is an indictment of the quality of the local players.  The fact that no PFL team has been successful outside of TnT bears this out.  One off successes such as Joe Public against NE Revolution doesn't count. When his team competes on an even level (against other local players) he is successful. When his team of local players competes against foreign opposition they are in over their heads.  Good talent will often compensate for poor coaching.  Good coaching seldom is enough to overcome poor talent.  And I use "poor" here in a relative sense.

The real rubric would be to see how his teams would do when infused with the foreign-based talent that we have available to us in the national pool.  Simply put there is no metric with this as a factor, upon which he can be judged.  We know he can be successful with mediocre talent against other mediocre teams.  We know he has failed against better competition with mediocre talent.  Well let's see what he can do with better talent against better opponents instead of crying about how he never achieved anything outside of TnT.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2010, 11:36:01 AM »

dont be an a$$hole nah.... club football and national football ent de same and yuh intelligent enough to see that

I am who and what I am.  I make no apologies for it and if it upset you, daz on you....not me.

As for club and netional football bein different....yuh quite correct.  Whaz Fenwick record in national football?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2010, 11:45:31 AM »

I am who and what I am.  I make no apologies for it and if it upset you, daz on you....not me.

As for club and netional football bein different....yuh quite correct.  Whaz Fenwick record in national football?

first of all, fenwick never applied for the job, yet you have brazillians and dutchmen lining up for the position. so to even mention fenwick name in the running right now is ridiculous because it seems to me that he wants the ttff to approach him and offer it to him on a silver platter.

some of you have made good points in his regard, but i tend to agree with palos line of thinking

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2010, 11:53:48 AM »
first of all, fenwick never applied for the job, yet you have brazillians and dutchmen lining up for the position. so to even mention fenwick name in the running right now is ridiculous because it seems to me that he wants the ttff to approach him and offer it to him on a silver platter.

some of you have made good points in his regard, but i tend to agree with palos line of thinking

Really?  Name one.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2010, 12:09:15 PM »
I want to see Fenwick get a chance. The man deserve something back for his efforts and loyalty to tnt football over the years.

1]; } ?>