March 28, 2024, 12:58:59 PM

Author Topic: Fenwick: It would be an honor to lead the Soca Warriors.  (Read 12896 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick: It would be an honor to lead the Soca Warriors.
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2010, 12:13:26 PM »
I want to see Fenwick get a chance. The man deserve something back for his efforts and loyalty to tnt football over the years.

We can't always get want we want in life!
I want to see Scamps go and Jackula forced to remove his fangs from our football!
Doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2010, 01:19:22 PM »
Marcos, yuh right. Discipline is something yuh could apply loosely to anything and at different levels. Executing coaching strategy and training right have all kinda shit involved in that. What if yuh unable to execute a game plan, lack the skill to do so, lack the understanding to process the information and analyze de action on de field and apply knowledge gained by our wonderful coaches? So yuh not disciplined if yuh trying 100% mentally and physically, but can't complete a task? Football not as easy as some people on here does describe it nah. Palos right also, what has he done to speak so confidently? Some men pointing to his club record and the work he has done as a positive and then turning around and saying club and country is two different thing. I couldn't care less if Jack give him a try....and he might end up doing ok, but he has never had success outside of Trinidad and de club football that allyuh say different to national ball. That whole developmental thing at Jabloteh was all Fenwick? Didn't the most organized, well funded club structure in de league have anything to do with that? He seems to be an organized coach and I have had de opportunity to witness 1 of his training sessions before. Why do we talk about this man as if he has top level coaching experience?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 01:21:52 PM by Fantastic »
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2010, 01:38:12 PM »
to clarify... Fenwick was never an assistant to Ricky Hill.

Fenwick had left Jabloteh and Ricky Hill took charge for one season... it was essentially Fenwicks team that destroyed Fire 5-2 in the stadium.... however in the return leg... Ian Gray received a red card late in the first half and Fire went on to win 4-0

OK....so Ricky Hill was coach for the one time Jabloteh had "success" in that realm?

Ah guess if it was really Fenwick's team, it come like saying de Soca Warriors that qualified for the 2006 WC is really Bertille St Clair's team.

dont be an a$$hole nah.... club football and national football ent de same and yuh intelligent enough to see that

I am who and what I am.  I make no apologies for it and if it upset you, daz on you....not me.

As for club and netional football bein different....yuh quite correct.  Whaz Fenwick record in national football?

papa me ent arguing for fenwick or with you... i just correct an inaccuracy in your post...

because errors like that especially when the facts are easily accessible is a pet peeve of mine.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »
Marcos, yuh right. Discipline is something yuh could apply loosely to anything and at different levels. Executing coaching strategy and training right have all kinda shit involved in that. What if yuh unable to execute a game plan, lack the skill to do so, lack the understanding to process the information and analyze de action on de field and apply knowledge gained by our wonderful coaches? So yuh not disciplined if yuh trying 100% mentally and physically, but can't complete a task? Football not as easy as some people on here does describe it nah. Palos right also, what has he done to speak so confidently? Some men pointing to his club record and the work he has done as a positive and then turning around and saying club and country is two different thing. I couldn't care less if Jack give him a try....and he might end up doing ok, but he has never had success outside of Trinidad and de club football that allyuh say different to national ball. That whole developmental thing at Jabloteh was all Fenwick? Didn't the most organized, well funded club structure in de league have anything to do with that? He seems to be an organized coach and I have had de opportunity to witness 1 of his training sessions before. Why do we talk about this man as if he has top level coaching experience?
Using your argument what success outside of TnT did Latas have that would render him coach. He got his chance and squandered it..why not let someone else do so?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2010, 01:54:12 PM »
Using your argument what success outside of TnT did Latas have that would render him coach. He got his chance and squandered it..why not let someone else do so?

Latapy was never qualified to be the Senior Men's National team coach

Neither was Maradona for Argentina...and he have infinitely better players

Yuh doh jes wave a magic wand and become an effective coach.  Latas never coach anybody of note.  He maybe have de basic coachin certificate but daz about it.  He train Falkirk reserves....sometimes.  So now he qualify to become head coach of a national football team?  Is like sayin yuh take accounting 101 so now yuh qualify to be CFO in a multinational company.

Fenwick definitely has more coaching experience than Latapy.  But to appoint him as the senior mens National team coach is to perpetuate the insanity IMO.

It will be in BOTH Latapy's and Fenwick's best interests as well as the TTFF to start them off at the lower levels.  You want to coach a national team?  Start with U 15's.  Or U 17's.  Let's see how you do there first.  In the meantime, if we truly serious bout the senior mens national football team, hire a coach who has experience and some form of success in that arena...or AT THE VERY LEAST experience and success in the region i.e. CONCACAF. 

If however the mentality is to say....well Latas get a turn, Shabazz did get a turn, Clayton Morris did get a turn, Stuart Charles did get a turn, Anton Corneal did get a lil run, so time to give Fenwick a turn, den by all means go tru.  He jes as "qualified" as dem.

But doh expeck to have different results when yuh doin de same ting over and over.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2010, 03:09:09 PM »
It is all about the MONEY- Give Terry a two year contract and see what he can do?  Firstly make the locals improve and then bring in the foreign base for some International Friendlies against above level teams- Venezuela = Canada= Panama- Chile- Guatemala- Guadelope- Suriname. If we can see improvements and some good results then give him the wuk.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2010, 03:19:08 PM »
Ah fella did write ah song ah few yrs back, and dat song come tuh mind when i read this thread.
" ah fedup ah de same ting, over and over, ah fedup ah de same ting , over and over."
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »
Ah fella did write ah song ah few yrs back, and dat song come tuh mind when i read this thread.
" ah fedup ah de same ting, over and over, ah fedup ah de same ting , over and over."

benjai  :D

first of all, fenwick never applied for the job, yet you have brazillians and dutchmen lining up for the position. so to even mention fenwick name in the running right now is ridiculous because it seems to me that he wants the ttff to approach him and offer it to him on a silver platter.

some of you have made good points in his regard, but i tend to agree with palos line of thinking

Really?  Name one.

hey i just basing it on the excellent reporting and journalism of the tt press  :D

it still doesn't hide the fact, that the same press stated fenwick did not throw his name in the ring. note that fenwick stated in his interview with flex it would be an honor to coach the team, he never stated that he applied for the position.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2010, 05:50:46 PM »
Just saying with access to all locals as well as foriegn based, Fenwich can groom a nice team for the future.

At this point what we got to lose, latas have our football in the drain

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2010, 05:53:11 PM »

But doh expeck to have different results when yuh doin de same ting over and over.

We have the same people at the helm for over 2 decades what yuh expect??  Anyway Fenwick hear what, we getting a bess coach next week (Dec 22nd) and den we ticket for Brazil booked for sure.....sorry we eh need yuh right now.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2010, 06:21:05 PM »
fenwick should eventually be given a chance to prove himself with a U-14 /16team. judging by jabloteh's performance at that level (consistently in 1st or 2nd place) yuh have to think that he and his staff have the capability to identify ability and place players where their innate talent is of most use.

it clear that fenwick has a better track record than men like macomie, laforest and corneal, yet all dem done get a chance to shine. it follows that considerations outside merit are/have been employed to select who gets plum manager jobs.

as much as the man may have his personal issues, he is in a far better position to instill tactical and technical basics as well as that intangible that seems to be missing in so many of our senior players...heart.

we have the best crop in years coming up at giants level, better spend $$$ on them cuz even beenhakker would see hell to push this motley crew thru a hex
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »
fenwick should eventually be given a chance to prove himself with a U-14 /16team. judging by jabloteh's performance at that level (consistently in 1st or 2nd place) yuh have to think that he and his staff have the capability to identify ability and place players where their innate talent is of most use.

it clear that fenwick has a better track record than men like macomie, laforest and corneal, yet all dem done get a chance to shine. it follows that considerations outside merit are/have been employed to select who gets plum manager jobs.

as much as the man may have his personal issues, he is in a far better position to instill tactical and technical basics as well as that intangible that seems to be missing in so many of our senior players...heart.

we have the best crop in years coming up at giants level, better spend $$$ on them cuz even beenhakker would see hell to push this motley crew thru a hex

Don't think the Hex will be the final World Cup qualification format for CONCACAF anymore!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Yogi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2010, 06:34:31 PM »
Fenwick as coach? I have mixed feelings on that, kinda like how I felt when they appointed Latas after Mats.At the time I felt anyone would be better than El Corbeau and right now the feelin is anyone better than Latas, dejavu anyone?. Fellas make some good points on both side of the fence. I notice nobody mentioned that when Jabloteh came up against MLS teams that those teams were well funded and had top players from the US and other countries in their ranks while Jabloteh was basically 100% local. Any positive result against those sides is a damn good result, however I would have liked to have seen them compete against clubs from the smaller countries eg. Honduras, Costa Rica, Guatemala etc. That would have been a good gauge for the time (when CLICO was still spendin money on them).

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2010, 06:39:17 PM »
 All I am saying without been a needy fan is if ttff want to go "local" coach get a pro league one.. Not necessarily Fen but someone that knows the player pool down there.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2010, 12:21:11 AM »

MEP, did u see a " Latapy deserved the job" banner anywhere in my post? My whole point is as Palos just said, what has Fenwick done to talk like that, or deserve a national team head coaching position? Latas has done nothing and has no experience neither, but yuh want to just try somebody else for the sake of trying something different? Bro, I have done coaching courses, and I was and still am a pretty decent player, but coaching ent easy. Experience counts a whole lot, especially if yuh don't have a wise old head in yuh corner to guide yuh. Latas made a big mistake by not finding someone with de experience to complement his football mind. Let a qualified, experienced coach try his luck with these supposed to be international ballers in Trinidad. Odds are against any success in de near future, but to bring in another unproven ent make no fackin sense.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2020, 08:19:21 AM »
Man get he wish.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2020, 08:06:03 AM »
I want to see Fenwick get a chance. The man deserve something back for his efforts and loyalty to tnt football over the years.

Reward for making ah living and contributing to the development of football am
No players in TnT :bs:

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2020, 08:17:54 AM »

Reward for making ah living and contributing to the development of football am
No players in TnT :bs:
Let's be real- if you getting ah bulling in Trinidad cause yuh know some TnT women like that accent and  feel colonially comfortable and yuh living like ah English Lord getting well paid I'm sure it would be an honour to coach ah team against youths and say look at success- this is why I deserve 20 k USA ah month!!

1]; } ?>