April 27, 2024, 08:26:49 AM

Author Topic: LATAS GONE  (Read 13656 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LATAS GONE
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2010, 06:42:21 PM »
Latas still there for now according to C sports
This is why i didn't want to celebrate! T&T football iz real forkry yes, ah man lose the degicel cup and they leff him tuh continue , only after they saw he wasn't able they brought in latas after they coulda bring in ah proper coach, now latas doing the same thing as his predecessor, failing to bring us to the second round of the degicel, and now they keepin he on just like pancho tuh fack the team further.            good going TTFF.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2010, 07:17:49 PM »
The same thing i said about T&T news,one say he gone the other one say TTFF keeping him,we have peeps right there in T&T that can give us proper scores,what happen to Lasana and Shawn these are guys we should be able to count on to confirm these things.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2010, 08:31:23 PM »
Latapy has not been fired YET..but if yuh ask me, iz like he in limbo, because the TTFF news release was that the subject of the Senior Head Coach was NOT discussed at today's (22nd Dec) meeting... sounds more like a stay of execution to me... most likely all the i's not dotted or t's crossed on the new coach contract... either that or the TTFF get set up for a change.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2010, 08:46:07 PM »
We getting Jose Mourinho...i get that on a good source

didn't know he was dutch or brazillian  :D
He speak Portuguese...close enough  :devil:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2010, 04:02:55 AM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2010, 04:04:42 AM »
Latapy done what most local coaches did, play their favorite players, ignore players who could make the team better, and go on wid all kinda childish fackry.

uptil now we never hear latas in ah post or pre game interview explainin to the fans of his team selection and why certain players were included and excluded. seems like any coach who fackin wid aklie , makkan and keon does fall on their faces.

ah hope the next coach don't even bother wid these guys, as ah matter of fact latas got it right too little too late!

i did like the last set of players that latas had on the team, the only thing was , it was too little too late! had he done that earlier he would've had more success.

i'm not gonna stay here and thank latapy for anything except jovin jones and houton hector, that's the least he could've done considering the circumstances and the time allotted to him.

good riddance latapy, loved yuh as ah player, "but hated you!!!!" as ah coach!

PS: i bet all the birchallites must be jumping for joy!   :devil:

Bro u talkin shit and is so much shit u talk in that paragraph i can't even begin to explain y u make no sense; don't have that kinda time. Latapy did his best with mediocre players and even if he selected different players they would still be mediocre if they came from the pro league. He should be fired yes but not bec he didn't do a good job but only bec he didn't get results and at the end of the day good job or not he didnt get results.  Latapy as a coach tho did just fine considering what he was working with . I respect latepy the player and the coach and I appreciate his efforts for our football both on and off the pitch  :beermug:

Latapy did not do just fine..we failed to progress to the semi final round of a Caribbean football tournament

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2010, 04:50:45 AM »
The same thing i said about T&T news,one say he gone the other one say TTFF keeping him,we have peeps right there in T&T that can give us proper scores,what happen to Lasana and Shawn these are guys we should be able to count on to confirm these things.

Coop's Latas gone.  Is just the method of his removal we waiting on, whether by fax, email, he hear it on de radio while driving to the meeting, smoke signal, pigeon carrier, drums.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Karl

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2010, 05:48:19 AM »
Well...the results were just not there!
Sorry, Latas!

Enjoyed the work you did for Port Morant United in JA.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2010, 07:34:21 AM »

Coop's Latas gone.  Is just the method of his removal we waiting on, whether by fax, email, he hear it on de radio while driving to the meeting, smoke signal, pigeon carrier, drums.......

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2010, 07:38:59 AM »
Listen to the logic from the Newsday report-  There will be no International games until the world cup qualifiers in 2012 so no decision is made re the Coach's tenure. So Latas in limbo and we football in limbo until Uncle Jack can find a replacement, then it is a last minute attempt to qualify.
 The more things change the more they remain the same. Guess what if you keep doing the same thing you will get the same result, Well to look on the bright side we can say Merry Christmas - Latas. I guess the TTFF is really looking for a star and singing- Do you see what I see, or is it  Do you hear what I hear.
 The truth is they are all blind and deaf,- What a thing?

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2010, 09:08:22 AM »
Well we cant say that he wasent given a chance.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2010, 09:33:06 AM »
Well we cant say that he wasent given a chance.

So Tigana no longer on the wish list? What about Gullit?

Forget about hiring a big coach for now...keep latapy or hire a local man in the interim, pay him about US$20K per month, and save tax payers money....there is nothing happening in football to warrant paying a coach US$50K per month right now.

if you are looking for a national technical director to oversee the development of football, then do it now...if you are just looking for a coach to coach the senior side...do it 6-8 months prior to the start of qualifiers

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2010, 09:59:57 AM »
RF, paying 20K (USD) per month is your idea of saving $$$?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »
Injunchile, wha yuh worried about. We going Brazil!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2010, 10:25:35 AM »
Injunchile, wha yuh worried about. We going Brazil!!....

Wit a Dutch coach is just they cyah get him yet. Meh source say so is just Latas get more time 2 pck. Dey eh discuss it because d Dutchman probably snow in.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »
Dis just like de Rafa/Inter Saga.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2010, 10:42:13 AM »

$20k per month as opposed to US$50K per month = a saving of US$30K per month.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2010, 01:27:09 PM »

keep latas for the youth program, hes not ready as a senior coach, we have the money, its time to spend it on a great coach, because thats all we need right now to qualify for 2014 brazil

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2010, 01:36:13 PM »

keep latas for the youth program, hes not ready as a senior coach, we have the money, its time to spend it on a great coach, because thats all we need right now to qualify for 2014 brazil

:) ;D :rotfl:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2010, 03:35:59 PM »

You really feel a great Coach can qualify us for 2014 Brazil?come better than that,how many great Coaches it have?none of them leaving where they are to coach a country like T&T because they want great/quality players to work with,these guys value their reputation,check how Benie leave and never look back we can't pay them fellas.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2010, 03:57:07 PM »

:) ;D :rotfl:

We doh need better players and a better administration too?
Well yes, ah guest is Christmas and lots of drinks in the cabinet so man posting while drinking now!  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:00:34 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2010, 04:19:08 PM »

You really feel a great Coach can qualify us for 2014 Brazil?come better than that,how many great Coaches it have?none of them leaving where they are to coach a country like T&T because they want great/quality players to work with,these guys value their reputation,check how Benie leave and never look back we can't pay them fellas.
Coop , don't be fooled, we have the players to take us any where, and always had, it's just that the federation does play too much fackin childish girly games wid the football!

these old men does go out their way to make our team and the players look shitty, it yrs now they fackin around wid this black list, lack of quality games, no name coaches, the coaches ignoring the good players and using players who can't fackin play the game, so what yuh expect?

even if we had the best available players these coaches would fail nontheless BC they were clueless and unable to create ah team environment and good vibes in the dressin room.

just look @ the last 5 yrs after the WC. for 2 1/2 yrs of that time we didn't have our best players @ our disposal, we had ah good coach, but he didn't have access to our best players. after him we had two coaches who had access to most of our best players , but they didn't and couldn't use them effectively.

the problem as we all know is them old fellas who impsin and livin like roaches off the tax payers and sponsorship money and eh doin shyte for football on the island. them men so inept that it's my opinion that  they would have ah hell of ah time runnin ah hot dog stand.   

wid all that money @ their disposal, administrators in T&T real fackin lost and worthless oui!

T&T have a knack for being ah real underachievin last place monkey nation yes.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:04:45 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2010, 05:36:46 PM »

Coop , don't be fooled, we have the players to take us any where, and always had, it's just that the federation does play too much fackin childish girly games wid the football!

these old men does go out their way to make our team and the players look shitty, it yrs now they fackin around wid this black list, lack of quality games, no name coaches, the coaches ignoring the good players and using players who can't fackin play the game, so what yuh expect?

even if we had the best available players these coaches would fail nontheless BC they were clueless and unable to create ah team environment and good vibes in the dressin room.

just look @ the last 5 yrs after the WC. for 2 1/2 yrs of that time we didn't have our best players @ our disposal, we had ah good coach, but he didn't have access to our best players. after him we had two coaches who had access to most of our best players , but they didn't and couldn't use them effectively.

the problem as we all know is them old fellas who impsin and livin like roaches off the tax payers and sponsorship money and eh doin shyte for football on the island. them men so inept that it's my opinion that  they would have ah hell of ah time runnin ah hot dog stand.  

wid all that money @ their disposal, addministrators in T&T real fackin lost and worthless oui!

we always have players and will always have the best talent in the region, even outside we have players that could cut it internationally.

it had men doubting the ability of many of our players and when they played in the world cup, men was speechless, bc they know nothing about talent and football, but claim to know.

T&T can qualify every 4 years for the world cup with the right coach and program, because we have the players and talent to do so

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2010, 06:28:48 PM »
Hold on, doh get carried away, not because we went World Cup in 2006, mean we was one of the top 32 or 100 for that matter Teams in the world, of course the guys represented well, but to say ppl was speechless about our play, is kinda streching reality somewhat..
Just to jog yuh memory
In the 3 games, how many shots we actually had on goal. i.e the goalie was required to make a save, How many shots was taken on Shaka ?

Don't get me wrong, it was a great accomplishment getting there, but we were really on par with a..say Bahrain...The actual performance was commendable from a small country perspective, but don't fool youself, that anybody took us seriously, or ever will.... I could be a little too down to earth, but we should appreciate it for what it was, ah decent appearance, and a regional accomplishment, but not for no, outstanding football, in my opinion...

Twice in anyones lifetime will be a real blessing, ask anyone who made it once before.
It funny though how much we ride the wave of our individual Olympic athletes and expect so much of ourselves, but maybe that's what make us, who we are.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:05:49 PM by maxg »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »

wid all that money @ their disposal, addministrators in T&T real fackin lost and worthless oui!

we always have players and will always have the best talent in the region, even outside we have players that could cut it internationally.

it had men doubting the ability of many of our players and when they played in the world cup, men was speechless, bc they know nothing about talent and football, but claim to know.

T&T can qualify every 4 years for the world cup with the right coach and program, because we have the players and talent to do so

And I can beat Usain Bolt in every 100m race next year if I train hard enough because I am a Trini and we are the most talented folks in the Caribbean as God is ah Trini!! Yada yada yada yada!! :rotfl:

I will guarantee you if we get the best coach in the world to replace Latas that we still eh going nowhere while Scamps & dem are in charge at the TTFF as no serious program will be put in place!
Note that LP is a Technical Advisor and not a Technical Director to the TTFF!
History shows that them men are not listening to any good advice from any so-called TD that is not going to fill Jack's pocket and keep him in full control of our football!

We were damn well lucky to make the 2006 World Cup with Oliver there but lightening doh strike the same place twice! When Scamps goes and he is replaced by a non-Jack puppet that cares about the state of T&T football and wants real progress rather than just a pay packet then I will fully back your statement about us possibly going to World Cup every 4 years!! And even then it will be difficult as the other top teams in CONCACAF who also have World Cup ambitions are not going to just roll over!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:43:52 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2010, 06:52:11 PM »
Socapro, yuh taking the thing out of context. we definitely have the players, but we don't have the right ppl @ the helm to enhance the natural talent. BTW, that usain bolt analogy was a huge exaggeration, and way over board.

FYI, the last hex we played, if we had ah good coach and our best players, without the draw back of the black list, we could've qualified easily. as ah matter of fact SA would've been our best chance to qualify for any WC if there was ever a time.

the strongest team in that last campaign was the U.S. and they underachieves as far as i'm concerned.

if we had ah good coach , we woulda won the first game in el salvador, won the next game against honduras, maybe lose to the U.S. in nashville , but won the game in tobago, and drew in mexico, beat or draw wid costarica @ home in san jose BC costa rica were stuck and lost their coach in the middle of their campaign, and won all our remaining home games.

that would've been @ least 20 points for us which was quite attainable BC all those teams, especially the big three were against the ropes and loss most their away games except against us/ T&T.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:01:27 PM by just cool »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2010, 07:29:11 PM »
De logic here confusing me.

We have the most talented players in de region...yet at all levels we eh dominating and thrashing those with supposedly less talent than we have.

Latas is a terrible coach so put him to take care of a youth team. Yet the state of our youth teams need some degree of improvement.

Allyuh hadda understand dat dis is a sequence of problems dat our football facing. The development eh as it could be..the tactical personell lacking, the administration inept and everything jus poor.

Buh....who's me yes.....I guess it have several men on dis board who know much more than i would ever.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2010, 07:37:19 PM »

We have the most talented players in de region...yet at all levels we eh dominating and thrashing those with supposedly less talent than we have.

Latas is a terrible coach so put him to take care of a youth team. Yet the state of our youth teams need some degree of improvement.

Allyuh hadda understand dat dis is a sequence of problems dat our football facing. The development eh as it could be..the tactical personell lacking, the administration inept and everything jus poor.

Buh....who's me yes.....I guess it have several men on dis board who know much more than i would ever.

the youth system in tt is not up to par, we have talented youths who are not developed well enough until the sr stage. however, our coaching is also not up to par, so it adds to the problems, because we have players who are naturally gifted that have the potential to dominate the region but the coaches cannot take them there consistently.

when they get scouted and reach pro ball outside of in tt, they develop to a certain extent in tt, the foreign based get better development of course.

we then are faced with the problem of always having a terrible coach who cannot take our team with talent to the next level. despite the shortcomings, tt still has players that can qualify us for the wc in our region, but not without a good intl coach.

if the ttff is re-structured we can have these talented players develop well before they reach u23 and ready for the sr level, as well as qualify at every level.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2010, 07:50:33 PM »

the youth system in tt is not up to par, we have talented youths who are not developed well enough until the sr stage. however, our coaching is also not up to par, so it adds to the problems, because we have players who are naturally gifted that have the potential to dominate the region but the coaches cannot take them there consistently.

when they get scouted and reach pro ball outside of in tt, they develop to a certain extent in tt, the foreign based get better development of course.

we then are faced with the problem of always having a terrible coach who cannot take our team with talent to the next level. despite the shortcomings, tt still has players that can qualify us for the wc in our region, but not without a good intl coach.

if the ttff is re-structured we can have these talented players develop well before they reach u23 and ready for the sr level, as well as qualify at every level.

Exactly how i see it. So tell me how dis post here fits into it:

Latas is a terrible coach.....but put him in the youth program where we KNOW there are deficiencies?

We have money....yet we not paying players??

If we had a great coach...we would qualify for 2014......with ALL dem inadequacies?

I confused.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2010, 08:30:57 PM »
lats for youth SKILLS\TECHNIQUE coach\trainer nutten more, at dis time, or let him try to earn he spots and some semblance of credibility with ah club team some where if he ent want d small role, many team have specialist coaches to work on different skill sets..................he seems not to have ah "off field" football mind............ah will say it again...........d team dat play Haiti was d first team hands dong and Clyde Leon and dat Noel fella should never be on d field at d same time..................a bamsee worm wit ah blindfold coulda see dat
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>