March 28, 2024, 11:21:30 AM

Author Topic: One of T&T's unsung heroes recognized today.  (Read 35222 times)

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
Re: One of T&T's unsung heroes recognized today.
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2012, 04:22:47 PM »
Guys,i know i am a pain in the butt but for the time i'm on here while others have quit Coops still here fighting his battles,it's the same way i played the game.

You all may notice i don't disrespect or hate anybody regardless of what's said too or about me,is just that my responses hit home very hard,Coops will always be Coops with his controversial views.

I must say this subject has touched me very much and cannot thank Flex enough even though it was a surprise to me at first,i certainly want to show some appreciation to the posters who contributed to this topic and want all to know don't judge me by what you read on this website.

I had to be strong to stay on this website after getting beat up so many times :justkidding:but thanks to guys like Palos who told me to hold on,i've learned a lot from you guys because you are more up to date on everything than me,don't worry about me and JW/Camps,TTFF etc i'm not going to come on this website and criticize anybody,i don't know who reads what goes on here and while i may have had some bad experiences as a Coach with the Admin i think i had a reasonable good playing career,it was a time when you enjoyed playing Football.

Thanks guys love you all.
       Coops     

:applause:

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2012, 10:51:39 PM »
Re-reading contributions on this thread brings out mixed emotions. Looking back, we were able to acheive much more with so little. Now, with all the advancement in technolgoy etc where we have so much, we seem to be achieving so little.
Nuff respect to one and ALL.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2012, 04:56:06 AM »
Re-reading contributions on this thread brings out mixed emotions. Looking back, we were able to acheive much more with so little. Now, with all the advancement in technolgoy etc where we have so much, we seem to be achieving so little.
Nuff respect to one and ALL.

Well yuh know what they say - "with every level there is a new devil"

;)

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2013, 09:07:44 AM »
Anybody seen coops lately ?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2013, 10:00:42 AM »

We chat on BB. He ah rite.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2013, 10:13:12 AM »
coops say howdy but has PC probs so when he is back up u all would hear from him.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »
Thanx Weary.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2013, 11:20:21 AM »

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2013, 08:21:50 AM »
I still cant get over this piece of greatness. Nice journalism Flex.

Say hello to coops for us.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2013, 08:52:19 AM »
coops say howdy but has PC probs so when he is back up u all would hear from him.

Respeck!  :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2013, 05:30:35 AM »
Coops, how much games yuh went to so far ?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2013, 11:18:36 AM »

Hi Flex,thanks for checking on me,i'm still here holding on,i just got my PC working so i trying to catch up on what's been going on,it's nice to see the site going as strong as ever although i'm not seeing a lot of the regular posters i used to know like Palos,Patriot,Small Mag etc etc i saw where one the guys got killed a few weeks ago.
I stay away from Football at home, don't go to games,meetings,fete matches etc due to what's going on but i follow and know about everything in Football so there isn't much for anyone to tell me,i talk and deal with the ppl involved in all the bachanal it have,i have been to one game since returning home T&T V Peru the crowd was small and ppl still got up during the game and went home,it's sad to see what our Football has come too,i'm invited to different meetings etc but i don't think there is much i can do so i just don't attend.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2013, 03:53:19 PM »

Hi Flex,thanks for checking on me,i'm still here holding on,i just got my PC working so i trying to catch up on what's been going on,it's nice to see the site going as strong as ever although i'm not seeing a lot of the regular posters i used to know like Palos,Patriot,Small Mag etc etc i saw where one the guys got killed a few weeks ago.
I stay away from Football at home, don't go to games,meetings,fete matches etc due to what's going on but i follow and know about everything in Football so there isn't much for anyone to tell me,i talk and deal with the ppl involved in all the bachanal it have,i have been to one game since returning home T&T V Peru the crowd was small and ppl still got up during the game and went home,it's sad to see what our Football has come too,i'm invited to different meetings etc but i don't think there is much i can do so i just don't attend.

Thanx for dropping by man. We are all frustrated with T&T football, but at the end of the day we love football whether T&T or someone else playing we should still take on a game or two to keep in tune with the sport we love.

Dont give up man, just make yourself happy.

We cannot change the past, we cannot control tomorrow but we can enjoy today.

Bless !!!

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 04:09:07 PM by Flex »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2013, 04:16:32 PM »

Coops good to see you around. Keep it rolling & just enjoy the ride
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2013, 02:40:36 PM »
This appears to be a few years old I hope that Mr Cooper is now in remission and is doing well.
Jan Steadman told me the same story about the B team situation and that crooked Jack Warner. As a result a lot of good players didn't get the chance to represent at the senior level.
I had the priviledge of playing with Garfield da Silva and could never forget the guy's intensity, strength and accuracy with corner kicks.
I took it for granted back in those days but looking back now,  I had the opportunity to play with and against Gally Cummings, Rawl Aimey, Jap Brown, Jan Steadman, Peter Mitchell, Leone Carpet, Alvin Henderson, Hutson Charles, O Brian, Gerry Vidale, Roger Gaspard, Sloan Seales, Roderick Gibbs, Polycarp Alexander, Crispen St Louis, Leonson Lewis, Ivan Sampson, Colin Osbourne, and so many other big names which I can't recall ..the 70's and the 80's were the glory years for football in Trinidad. I used to play in a minor league in Moruga in the summer and big players like Wilfred Cave and Leroy Spann as well as other players from the first division would be playing. This was how the torch was passed to the younger players. Players learned from players back then.
Coops has to be among the greats.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2013, 08:15:41 PM »
This appears to be a few years old I hope that Mr Cooper is now in remission and is doing well.
Jan Steadman told me the same story about the B team situation and that crooked Jack Warner. As a result a lot of good players didn't get the chance to represent at the senior level.
I had the priviledge of playing with Garfield da Silva and could never forget the guy's intensity, strength and accuracy with corner kicks.
I took it for granted back in those days but looking back now,  I had the opportunity to play with and against Gally Cummings, Rawl Aimey, Jap Brown, Jan Steadman, Peter Mitchell, Leone Carpet, Alvin Henderson, Hutson Charles, O Brian, Gerry Vidale, Roger Gaspard, Sloan Seales, Roderick Gibbs, Polycarp Alexander, Crispen St Louis, Leonson Lewis, Ivan Sampson, Colin Osbourne, and so many other big names which I can't recall ..the 70's and the 80's were the glory years for football in Trinidad. I used to play in a minor league in Moruga in the summer and big players like Wilfred Cave and Leroy Spann as well as other players from the first division would be playing. This was how the torch was passed to the younger players. Players learned from players back then.
Coops has to be among the greats.

All dis time ah reading yuh ah thought yuh was a youthman, buh if yuh "play with and against" men like Rawle Aimey and Jap Brown, then yuh would have pulled down plenty calendars!  LOL............... ;D

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »
Cooper's Army team back in those days would have easily beaten any Pro league team and make our present National team look like amateurs. The Army was a professional outfit, fast ,fit and precise. They picked their opposition apart piece by piece, they wore down their opponents with their higher discipline and fitness. They very rarely lost a match. If they lost a match it would be in a big final or on the international stage no more than one goal.
Even in the 80's the Army won  the Concacaf club championship and lost in the  quarterfinal  of the World Club Championship to Argentinos Juniors who went on to win.
Argentinos Juniors had some wc winners on their team but only beat us 1-nil in Trinidad. Rambo Gibbs and Frazier terrorized that Argentina defense. 
The worst defeat in the Army's history was in Mexico at the high altitude other than that the Army was the best. Players like Cooper set the standard..he was  a big one. May God smile on him. Thanks for the memories Coops.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2013, 05:35:34 AM »
Coops daughter Tricia Cooper is now the assistant coach for Jackson State soccer team.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2013, 07:35:27 AM »
Coops daughter Tricia Cooper is now the assistant coach for Jackson State soccer team.

I thought this achievment would have caught the eyes of the Football authorities in T&T since at this present time they are into restructuring and development of T&T Football.

I am not sure if there are any ex T&T international Football women who are coaching at this level,she has all her lisences plus a degree and besides playing for T&T has played professionally in the US.

I think someone like this the TTFA should keep in mind for the future of our Football,is time our women take control of women Football in T&T.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2013, 07:49:58 AM »
Congrats Coops, no doubt a proud moment for the entire family  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2013, 07:50:26 AM »
Good talk Coop's... nepotism aside  ;D  Seriously, congrats to Tricia and to your family by extension.  Yuh sure she ready fuh de madhouse dat is local football?  Gih she ah li'l bit more time  :)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2013, 08:02:36 AM »

I posted dat news yesterday and I didn't even realize de connection:
http://www.socawarriors.net/foreign-based/foreign-based-news/college-news/12709-jackson-state-soccer-hires-tricia-cooper-as-assistant-coach.html
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2013, 08:37:32 AM »
Congrats Mr Cooper she is poised for a bright future in coaching . It is a wonderful opportunity for her and young people of Trinidad and Tobago..

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2013, 08:45:06 AM »
Good talk Coop's... nepotism aside  ;D  Seriously, congrats to Tricia and to your family by extension.  Yuh sure she ready fuh de madhouse dat is local football?  Gih she ah li'l bit more time  :)
   Bakes she has been coaching a while now and is something she is very passionate about.Since her days of playing more or less came to an end she always mentioned to me she would like to coach our National team it does not matter if it' s Snr/Youth,i am not pushing her but just try to endorse what she does.I know she not ready for the mad house just want our country to know what they got.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2013, 11:01:19 AM »
nice...nice...Coops go on

coach de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2013, 11:30:10 AM »
Yeah Coop's congrats and one for the future, it’s in the blood!

Let's hope our TTFA is looking out while they are trying to restructure the development of our women's football in T&T.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2013, 11:50:05 AM »
Congrats Coops. It look like the mango seed eh fall too far from the tree!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2013, 06:44:36 PM »

I thought this achievment would have caught the eyes of the Football authorities in T&T since at this present time they are into restructuring and development of T&T Football.

I am not sure if there are any ex T&T international Football women who are coaching at this level,she has all her lisences plus a degree and besides playing for T&T has played professionally in the US.

I think someone like this the TTFA should keep in mind for the future of our Football,is time our women take control of women Football in T&T.

But coops ent u have a problem with foreign coaches, but yet yuh want yuh daughter to be coach of T&T, allyuh good we, it only good when is yuh family.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2013, 11:01:08 PM »

But coops ent u have a problem with foreign coaches, but yet yuh want yuh daughter to be coach of T&T, allyuh good we, it only good when is yuh family.

Nah Sam. How can Tricia not be a local? You cussing out the local coaches who don't further their knowledge of the game. Most coaches who further knowledge always, must go abroad. Tricia got a scholarship, played and went on to do more coaching and is now a qualified coach. Is that not what you expected of local coaches. You yourself said they can't be good unless they go abroad to experience the necessary experience. So what is your point?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2013, 01:55:53 AM »
Deeks, wake up nah, I being scarstic towards coops.

He hate foreign coach but he daughter is one and he calling for she to coach T&T.

He double swording.

1]; } ?>