March 28, 2024, 04:33:59 PM

Author Topic: One of T&T's unsung heroes recognized today.  (Read 35225 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: One of T&T's unsung heroes recognized today.
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2013, 02:32:37 AM »
Deeks, wake up nah, I being scarstic towards coops.

He hate foreign coach but he daughter is one and he calling for she to coach T&T.

He double swording.

Sam it gone to being scarstic now but lets be serious lets leave my family out of this,i have never disrespected you or your family in any way.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2013, 03:49:00 AM »
Sam it gone to being scarstic now but lets be serious lets leave my family out of this,i have never disrespected you or your family in any way.

I not bad talking your daughter boss.

I just poiting out to you, that you always complaining about foreign coach but on de other hand you want your daughter to be T&T coach one day and she is a foreign coach. How is that disrespect ?

Come on... I not disrespecting your daughter. I just showing people how you have double tongue.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:36:02 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2013, 11:39:53 AM »
Coops,the highest form of admiration & love anybody could show someone is to follow
in their footsteps.I am sure that's the feeling you get from her accomplishments.
Congrats to your daughter and 'Well Done' to you on your persuits.God bless breds.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:54:24 AM by mwanasoka »
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2013, 07:12:01 PM »

He hate foreign coach but he daughter is one and he calling for she to coach T&T.

He double swording.

Sam u just like to talk yes,my career in the US involved many years of Football as a matter of fact that's all i did,at one time i was the assistant Coach at Davis and Elkins College,i worked for a company called Soccer Academy (English Coaches)for about fifteen of those years,my last gig out there was Technical director for a club called Norfolk Utd which had just over two thousand kids,when i started with them they only had a boys program,i had the experience of working with Brazillian,Argentinian,Vietman,American etc etc Coaches,they all liked me because i brought something different to the table,what made Summer Camps interesting for the kids was the variety of national 
  Coaches that did these Camps.

I never considered myself a foreign Coach i still maintain my accent and everything,when TT qualified for Germany i never signed so much autographs in my life every kid wanted one,i came to realize out there once u maintain your identity u get more respect.

I hate foreign Coaches!! tell that to somebody else not me,i have all the USSF and NSCAA certificates plus membership,u can dis respect me all u want i like to listen to guys like u.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:17:58 PM by Coop's »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2013, 06:26:09 AM »

He double swording.

Sam u just like to talk yes,my career in the US involved many years of Football as a matter of fact that's all i did,at one time i was the assistant Coach at Davis and Elkins College,i worked for a company called Soccer Academy (English Coaches)for about fifteen of those years,my last gig out there was Technical director for a club called Norfolk Utd which had just over two thousand kids,when i started with them they only had a boys program,i had the experience of working with Brazillian,Argentinian,Vietman,American etc etc Coaches,they all liked me because i brought something different to the table,what made Summer Camps interesting for the kids was the variety of national 

I never considered myself a foreign Coach i still maintain my accent and everything,when TT qualified for Germany i never signed so much autographs in my life every kid wanted one,i came to realize out there once u maintain your identity u get more respect.

I hate foreign Coaches!! tell that to somebody else not me,i have all the USSF and NSCAA certificates plus membership,u can dis respect me all u want i like to listen to guys like u.

I am not interested in what qualification you have, this is not my point.

And I am sure if you were to work wit the TTFA again you would do things differently.

De bottom line, with all that qualification you have I am sure your stock went up compare to when you live in T&T over 20 years ago.

Hart also kept his accent and is very close to his roots.

So stop hating on de foreign coach and you yourself is ONE and now you return home when you have nothing more going for you in de USA and all of a sudden you is Trini now !!!!!!!!

I remain close to my roots too, but I am base foreign. De you think de locals will respect him ?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2013, 07:27:18 AM »

He double swording.

I am not interested in what qualification you have, this is not my point.

And I am sure if you were to work wit the TTFA again you would do things differently.

De bottom line, with all that qualification you have I am sure your stock went up compare to when you live in T&T over 20 years ago.

Hart also kept his accent and is very close to his roots.

So stop hating on de foreign coach and you yourself is ONE and now you return home when you have nothing more going for you in de USA and all of a sudden you is Trini now !!!!!!!!

I remain close to my roots too, but I am base foreign. De you think de locals will respect him ?

You know something this conversation have to stop,imagine ah man telling me i come back home "HOME" and all of a sudden i'm a Trini,i wonder what is it you trying to say may be i don't understand English.

Are u a comedian or something?i come home because i had nothing going for me in the US?

Before alyu bann me i gone,have a good day.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2013, 09:09:21 AM »
Before Allyuh get to uptight...how I read it..
Coops defence of the abuse and misuse of local coaches, especially there lack of payment, while new coaches from outside the country, not necessarily foreigners, are paid on time, does not constitue to he hating local foreign coaches...Coops wrong, cause Simoes, and Holger and possibly Maturana worked extended time without pay..
Sam point seems to me, a local coach cannot in anyway, build the same experience, as a coach living and working, in a foreign country, where more interest and due to it's size, other factors, demographics..etc etc more money is invested in sports development. As even described by Coops..
So imo,you're both correct, but Sam is wrong in thinking Coops dislike  foreign coaches , even if I think they are over paid.... :devil:
Last one is mine, doh wha get nobody in trouble...oh how, he say, and this one was backin
 La la la.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:36:56 PM by maxg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2013, 02:09:49 PM »
Sam right for pointing out the hypocrisy of those who criticize local coaches but bending over backwards to accomodate foreign coaches.  Sam wrong for assuming that this is Coop's stance.  Coop's stood up for local coaches getting a fair shake.  Sam also wrong for bringing the man daughter into this... Tricia Cooper is just as much Trini as Stephen Hart and Coop's himself.  Ex-pats don't lose their 'local' status just because they've plied their trade abroad.  Just the sheer fact that people open to bringing their expertise and talents back to TnT. 

Coop's doh need me to vouch for him, but he and I have been talking and dealing with each other offline for nearly six years now.  It was a huge surprise to me when he decided to move back home because of all the things he was doing in the Norfolk area and all of the opportunities he had going for him.  Paraphrasing the famous quote from Mark Chapter 6: "A prophet is [never honored]... in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house."

To suggest that Coop's suddenly discover that he's Trini or that he run home because he didn't have any other opportunities abroad, is not only wrong, it is downright rude and disrespectful.  The sad irony is that Sam here tearing down a man in a thread that Flex created to honor him.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »
"To suggest that Coop's suddenly discover that he's Trini or that he run home because he didn't have any other opportunities abroad, is not only wrong, it is downright rude and disrespectful.  The sad irony is that Sam here tearing down a man in a thread that Flex created to honor him."
Totally agree with whole post, especially above

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:47:51 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »

Sam, Breds I think you gone overboard here. I know for a fact Coops has NO dislike for foreign coaches. Coops use to coach in the Tide water area of VA Beach. Lots of military people in the area.  The parents do overseas military duty frequently. Very transient life for the kids. Coops organization would find teams for these kids, in addition to coaching many of them. And as a former military man was only to glad too accomodate these military parents.

I agree with him that locals are disrespected and are not afforded the same resources like the foreign coaches. I also agree with you that the local coaches need to improve. But the last 25 years with Jack at helm, even those who went abroad refused to fall in line with the bull of the last Admin. They simply did their own things without fanfare. I spoke of my alma mater school mate Mike Grayson. Another one was Haydon Martin, former Fatima, who coached Saints for a while. He used to go Germany in the summers but decided he would stick with the college football and not deal with TTFF at the time.

Sam there is an important reason why Coops is back home. I don't think is my business to tell you. Maybe you and Coops can have a civilize conversation on that.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 06:53:55 AM by Deeks »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2013, 08:52:33 AM »
Coops, sorry if yuh take it de wrong way.

I just fed up with man here defending de local coaches and my point is, if they

1. Dont respect themselves no one will respect them.

2. They do not want to take their coaching to the next level but want the same treatment and pay like the more qualified one. If they get certified, they need exposure and this is why it is important for Charles, Hart and King to make the best of the opportunity they currently have.

I always feel you like to pick up for local coaches too much and in a sense yuh right because we have to look out for ours but they to have to be more.

And sorry, if you feel I disrespect yuh daughter, I feel to myself I did not, but sorry if you take it that way.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2014, 06:01:46 PM »
Like Coops have de carnival jumbie, I eh see him in a while.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2014, 06:46:10 PM »
Like Coops have de carnival jumbie, I eh see him in a while.

You know when Carnival come, the College league old boys does have they fan-fare down at Saints ground. All them ex-overseas does be down there. So meh Breds, Coops, have to be liming down there.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »
Anyone else heading down there for that...we bring a good squad to represent as they say, would be nice to catch up with everyone..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2014, 09:28:53 AM »
I would like to extend my deepest condolence to Kenwyn Cooper's family.

Coops pass away this morning.

RIP brother.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2014, 11:11:56 AM »
I would like to extend my deepest condolence to Kenwyn Cooper's family.

Coops pass away this morning.

RIP brother.

Saddest CO-SIGN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2014, 02:08:25 PM »
Condolences, RIP

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2014, 12:51:49 AM »
Wow....  Just logged on here.   RIP my brother.  Till we meet again. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2015, 11:30:36 AM »
Today is Coops birthday.

Mis ya bro.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:37:21 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2015, 01:06:51 PM »
Wow!!. Happy Birthday, meh bredda. Hope you having a good time in you resting place.

This look like a DF-Maple game. That look like Coop's brother, Michael, who is about to tackle him. Guy to the left looks Hannibal Najaar. Two players in the background looks like Philbert Prince and Keith Lookloy?? Anybody can identify?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2015, 06:23:31 PM »
Wow!!. Happy Birthday, meh bredda. Hope you having a good time in you resting place.

This look like a DF-Maple game. That look like Coop's brother, Michael, who is about to tackle him. Guy to the left looks Hannibal Najaar. Two players in the background looks like Philbert Prince and Keith Lookloy?? Anybody can identify?

Not so sure about the other players, but the goalie look like Troy Marquis.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:21:16 AM by che »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2015, 10:06:50 AM »
Coops.... RIP my boy...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2015, 12:30:37 PM »
The other guy to Coops may be a guy called Dennis Phillips? He went Saints. Trevor, whey you?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2015, 12:36:03 PM »

Not so sure about the other players, but the goalie look like Troy Marquis.

You have bionic eyes, how you see that goalie from quite here?

Coops, must be laughing all now.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2015, 05:29:00 PM »
RIP Warrior.

You are missed.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2015, 07:32:07 PM »
RIP Coop's  :salute:

1]; } ?>