April 28, 2024, 12:08:53 AM

Author Topic: New ferry service expected for eastern Caribbean  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New ferry service expected for eastern Caribbean
« on: August 19, 2009, 07:34:09 AM »
New ferry service expected for eastern Caribbean
Associated Press

Those seeking a new way to explore the eastern Caribbean islands might soon have another option.

A ferry slated to serve Barbados, St. Lucia, Trinidad, Grenada and St. Vincent is expected to start operating daily by late October, according to Grenada-based BEDY Ocean Line.

Prices will range from $120 to $140, and some trips will last up to nearly four hours, CEO Benjamin Ross said Tuesday.

The announcement comes as travellers face pricier airline tickets, increased baggage restrictions and canceled flights by regional carrier LIAT due to wage disputes.

One ferry will be based in St. Vincent and serve Barbados and St. Lucia, while another will operate out of Grenada and serve Trinidad and Barbados, Ross said. Between 260 to 300 seats will be available per ferry.

Passengers will be allowed to carry two 60-pound (27-kilogram) suitcases without charge, and alcohol is prohibited on board.

In 2005, Barbadian company Remac Tours announced it would offer ferry service between Barbados and Guadeloupe, with stops in St. Lucia, Dominica and Martinique. But the service was never begun for internal reasons not related to costs or demand, CEO Reynold McClean said.

Currently, only a couple of ferries operate between Florida and the Bahamas and among Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New ferry service expected for eastern Caribbean
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 07:34:56 AM »
Passengers will be allowed to carry two 60-pound (27-kilogram) suitcases without charge, and alcohol is prohibited on board.

Hard luck dey fishs.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 10:12:54 AM »
this wud be nice to have another option out of grenada..especially as a flight from trini to grenada cost the same as a flight to miami!
Back in Trini...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 05:32:05 PM »
That sounds promising. I said "sounds". I ain't holding meh breadth. I 'll wait and see.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »
I in dat.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 06:23:53 PM »

Hard luck dey fishs.
They go make him vomit it out ?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 04:54:50 AM »

Hard luck dey fishs.

I working in eastern Turkey now and still getting drunk when ah want, a lil dinky ferry cyar stop the party.
Dey have to pass ah breathalyser law and test mih bottle of Dasani.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 06:42:24 PM »

Update

September 7th, 2010

Dear Passengers,

September 7th, 2010 Dear Passengers, In continuation of our last update dated May 2010, in reference to our ferry service, we are here informing our general public that we have been successful with the procedures of the launching of our ferry service project.

We would like to inform you that the launching date of the ferry service will be taking place late October or early November.

The exact launching date will be announced hopefully by the end of September 2010.

By the end of September our booking system will be onboard in our different office locations in the region, this will be advertised in our website, and you will also have the choice of booking on line.

Customers from the US will also have access to our Miami office to facilitate booking service only, and cargo into the Caribbean.

So that you can start planning for future travel, we will have available room for 900 passengers and 180 vehicles, plus loose cargo.

We are revising the schedule for the larger vessel; the two previous small vessels will provide charter and excursions service between the islands.

A compliance page can be viewed in this website.

We are very thankful to the government and the people of the region, for the patient and appreciation, and the good wishes in welcoming our service.

Thank you for visiting our site and hope to see you soon.

BEDY Ocean Line will be your travel solution!

Sincerely, BEDY Travel Management

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 10:21:49 PM »
what...this sounding nice man...going up de islands by boat, as long as it ent have no set of rangotang i want to try it our next time i in de caribbean

1]; } ?>