April 23, 2024, 08:02:06 AM

Author Topic: Jorsling set for Orlando City A-League deal.  (Read 7294 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jorsling set for Orlando City A-League deal.
« on: December 25, 2010, 07:46:34 AM »
Jorsling set for Orlando City A-League deal.
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Soca Warriors and Defence Force striker, Devon Jorsling is set to pick up a three-year contract for an undisclosed sum with US Soccer League professional, Orlando City Austin Aztex in February.

Jorsling was made the offer by the “The Lions” as Orlando City will be called after his impressive run of form for the Soca Warriors which resulted in 11 goals in 13 matches, five of which came in the Digicel Caribbean Cup semifinal round against Guyana, Haiti and St Vincent and The Grenadines.

Commenting on the expected move, the 27-year-old Jorsling who has led the T&T attack in the absence of European based Kenwye Jones and local striker Kerry Baptiste said.

“The club has made an offer to me through my agent and as far as I’m aware its just some fine print that need to be ironed out before I head out at the beginning of February.

Jorsling added, “I believe the move will be a good one for me.” “In life you have to creep before you walk and I intend to use this as a stepping stone for me to try and get into a European club in the near future.

With Jorsling set to depart for the A-League and team-mate Kevon Carter out with a long term injury, a broken-leg Defence Force will be under pressure to capture the league crown, its first in 11 years.

Defence Force currently sits at the top of the league table with 31 points, six ahead of second placed defending champion, bmobile Joe Public while Caledonia AIA has 24, Ma Pau 23 and W Connection 22 points with five matches left for each club.

But despite his expected absence, the former Malick Secondary striker said he believes his teammates can complete the job.

“It will be difficult but I have lots of faith in the guys. We have the players and a very capable coaching staff led by Ross Russell and they all have the ability to step up in my absence.”

Reflecting on his team’s recent slump which has seen the “Teteron Boys” go winless in three matches, two losses and a draw, Jorsling, who leads the league with 13 goals so far this season said injuries to key players has affected his team.

“We had a few injuries to some senior players like Carter, Keston Williams, Aklie Edwards,  “Shaka” Roy and Christian Baptiste while some others have been absent as well due to work commitments.

“In addition I think the length of the season has also finally taken a toll and I believe as a team we really welcome the Christmas break. “We now have some time to rest, recharge our batteries and come back strong.

Looking ahead to the title race which seemed over but has now came to life with his team’s recent poor run, Jorsling who has netted 13 goals in 22 matches for the Soca Warriors said everything is in their hands. “At the end of the day, we are in charge of our own destiny.

We know that once we take care of business in the matches we have ahead we will be crowned champions,” ended the five year Defence Force veteran.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jorsling set for Orlando City A-League deal.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 09:40:32 AM »
Merry Christmas and Congrats to Devon.

Orlando City Austin Aztex in February

I am a bit confused. Is there a section of Austin Texas called Orlando City or is the City of Orlando Florida has a team called the Austin Aztecs?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 10:06:04 AM »
Orlando City Austin Aztex in February[/b][/i].

I am a bit confused. Is there a section of Austin Texas called Orlando City or is the City of Orlando Florida has a team called the Austin Aztecs?

At de end of last season de Austin Aztex move from Austin, Texas to Orlando.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 03:08:21 PM »
another one with the 'stepping stone' talk ::)

i wish u de best youth

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 03:53:44 PM »

i wish u de best youth

Nutten wrong with dat though... ah know what yuh mean, doh be too premature in de ambitions, but Jorsling seems to be taking the opportunity in the right stride.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 10:59:11 PM »
Is this why Karl was looking for him?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 07:02:49 AM »
Let it go, after three years you will be thirty,what next?Boy stay in Trini,keep your job and your pension. ???

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 08:22:36 AM »
Let it go, after three years you will be thirty,what next?Boy stay in Trini,keep your job and your pension. ???

Right settle for mediocrity and doh try to improve yuhself ... that make sense!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 02:12:45 PM »

What you trying to say his career in the DF is mediocre,leaving something you sure about to take a chance at something you not sure will work for you.McFarlane did the same thing and where he is today.   

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 05:45:19 PM »
At least he gives himself an opportunity to be seen by other clubs in the ASL and the MLS, which is far better than languishing in this inept so-called TT league.  Our TT professional league players cannot even beat Grenada.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 08:21:32 PM »
Is the A league  you talking about,for three years.His agent should be shot with shit and for all who support that move,you really do not know the business side of football.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 09:18:36 PM »

What you trying to say his career in the DF is mediocre,leaving something you sure about to take a chance at something you not sure will work for you.McFarlane did the same thing and where he is today.   
Scotland, Carlos and Lawrence all leave the defense force and they did well ... life is what you make it ...... why you wanna settle for that and when you get older you asking yourself .... what if  .. what if?

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 01:29:38 AM »
I think he definitely believe it is a good move for him.

It would have been good to see him play for DF in the next CONCACAF Champions League though. They would need him if they stand a chance...but who knows maybe they would surprise people and win a few games regardless  :-\

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Orlando City signs Trinidadian international Devorn Jorsling
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 05:48:36 PM »
City signs Trinidadian international Devorn Jorsling
By Orlando City Public Relations

Orlando City Soccer Club is proud to announce signing of Devorn Jorsling, striker from Trinidad and Tobago. Jorsling joins the club from Trinidadian side Defence Force FC.

“I am very excited to be joining the team,” said Jorsling. “In life you have to creep before you walk and I intend to use this as a stepping stone for me to try and get into a European club in the near future.”

Jorsling is a rising star for the Trinidad and Tobago National Team. In his last 13 appearances for the Soca Warriors, he has scored 11 times. He has played in a total of 27 games for his country, scoring 14 times, most recently on November 6th in a CONCACAF Gold Cup qualifier against Haiti. The goal came just seven minutes into the match.

“Devorn is a tremendous talent,” said Orlando City Head Coach Adrian Heath. “He fits perfectly into out attacking philosophy. I have no doubt he’ll score loads of goals for us this season.”

Devorn has been a consistent goal scorer his entire career.  He has scored 16 times this season in the Digicel Pro League, Trinidad and Tobago’s top division, for Defence Force FC. He ranks third all-time in scoring in Pro League history, scoring nearly 100 goals in league play. In 2008, he won the league’s Golden Boot award as the top scorer with 29 goals for the season.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »
What is it.... Devon or Devorn ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 05:56:49 PM »
What is it.... Devon or Devorn ?
:rotfl:

Yuh know I was jes about tuh ask de same ting.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »
Doh feel bad, it have plently.

Joevin (Jovin), Denzil (Densill), Otis (Aurtis), Daniel (Daneil), Kerron (Keron), Hughtun (Hughton), Jamal (Juma), Jamal (Jamaal), Ataullah (Ataulla), Akile (Aklie), Ancil (Ansil), Stephen (Stephan), Power (Powers), Makhan (Makan), Darryl (Daryll), Andre (Andrei), De Silva (Da Silva), Jerrol (Jerol), Corneal (Coneal)  etc etc...

The funny thing is, the first thing an employer suppose to know is your name. Only when a player officially signs for a foreign club most of the times the names are spelt correct. The simple thing eh....  :devil:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:10:16 PM by Flex »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »

i wish u de best youth

don't like to see that at all !!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »
best wishes to him, hope he does well and seals the deal, a stepping stone nonetheless :beermug:

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 12:05:30 AM »
was just on the Orlando City site - http://orlandocitysoccer.com/ - and noticed two things that might be of interest.

1. there is another Trini on the side - Stephan Campbell

2. Stoke City is listed as one of the team's partner clubs/sponsors.
(Phil Rawlins, Orlando City President is a member of Stoke City’s Board of Directors)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:08:59 AM by dwn »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 05:12:48 AM »
was just on the Orlando City site - http://orlandocitysoccer.com/ - and noticed two things that might be of interest.

2. Stoke City is listed as one of the team's partner clubs/sponsors.
(Phil Rawlins, Orlando City President is a member of Stoke City’s Board of Directors)

Re- the Stoke City Connection - you will notice also that the team plays in a similar strip to Stoke City's.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 05:22:36 AM »

Stephan Campbell was signed last year by the Austin Aztex who have now moved to Orlando.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 10:06:17 AM »
Ah wonder how come he eh join up wit de side yet, and dey pre-season in full swing?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »
Flex ,Tallman..
Do you guys know if the Defence Force has the highest rate of any club in T&T for sending players abroad?

Offline RehanaOmardeenfan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 10:55:21 AM »
Devorn is de truth.....Not too sure about devon though :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 11:12:58 AM »
Flex ,Tallman..
Do you guys know if the Defence Force has the highest rate of any club in T&T for sending players abroad?

I doubt it. I think is probably W-Connection followed by Jabloteh.

De only players I can think of who went from Defence Force to a foreign team are:
Carlos Edwards
Clayton Ince
Gary Glasgow
Devorn Jorsling
Dennis Lawrence
Lincoln Phillips
Jason Scotland

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 11:22:44 AM »
Ah wonder how come he eh join up wit de side yet, and dey pre-season in full swing?

He go live long, he jes arrive in camp today. Must be was taking ah last wine.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 02:00:55 PM »
Flex ,Tallman..

De only players I can think of who went from Defence Force to a foreign team are:
Carlos Edwards
Clayton Ince
Gary Glasgow
Devorn Jorsling
Dennis Lawrence
Lincoln Phillips
Jason Scotland
       What about Gerry Brown,Victor Gamaldo,John Granville,Errol McFarlane etc there could be more if we really dig.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 02:05:42 PM »
Why I ask is because I was wondering whether or not the TTDF produces a more disciplined player.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 03:26:32 PM »
Flex ,Tallman..

Carlos Edwards
Clayton Ince
Gary Glasgow
Devorn Jorsling
Dennis Lawrence
Lincoln Phillips
Jason Scotland
       What about Gerry Brown,Victor Gamaldo,John Granville,Errol McFarlane etc there could be more if we really dig.

When McFarlane went to Lebanon, he was at Jabloteh at de time. Wasn't aware dat de other three played fuh de Army.

1]; } ?>