April 28, 2024, 04:25:33 PM

Author Topic: One more damaging image of Trinidad and Tobago  (Read 3899 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
One more damaging image of Trinidad and Tobago
« on: December 26, 2010, 10:17:46 AM »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: One more damaging image of Trinidad and Tobago
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 11:04:42 AM »
This is really sad story if the details as presented are the facts. It is demeaning and an example of wanton callousness for life.

These acts are not endemic to just our nation ; I know that they could happen anywhere. It just resonates so much at this time for me as I am contemplating retiring back  at home. It's either deal with the cold and the isolation of  aging  up here or getting back home an living in a state of perpetual fear.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 12:07:37 PM »
More wanton callousness and all the more reason why it's so difficult to actually make that move back home.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,133040.html

We spent a lot of threads on  advocating for and thinking of how this forum could be used to eradicate the ills of the TTFF. Well let me suggest that in the big picture, we may want to consider how this forum could be a medium to advocate for  improved social changes, personal safety, anti crime measures, eradication of poverty, improved  health infrastructure, and the list goes on.......

How as a society could we stand back and continue to read of these senseless attacks on the elderly?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 02:23:42 PM »
I'm personally indifferent to this report... to be honest.  They raise some valid issues with regards to the corruption and misplaced priority (say nothing of the inconsideration) shown by the authorities.  On the other hand however they lament that the authorities have made no show of 'compensation' to them (for what?) and that there were more than 400 murders in the island (which island... not Tobago).  They are bitter, and for good reason, but if any Brits get scared off by this article then the Germans won't complain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 06:08:48 AM »
Whoa!! that was not nice to read at all.  And to this day I am convinced that boy they arrested was a scapegoat.  Tobagoninans doh protest for nutten.  So when the villagers from Argyle went and protest outside the court ah KNOW the police got it wrong.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 11:37:54 AM »
Greens strike back
English couple to protest outside T&T embassy in London for THA $$
By Elizabeth Williams Tobago Bureau

Story Created: Dec 27, 2010 at 10:44 PM ECT

Story Updated: Dec 27, 2010 at 10:44 PM ECT

ENGLISH nationals Peter and Murium Green plan to demonstrate outside the Trinidad and Tobago High Commission in London as they seek to have concerns about compensation from the Tobago House of Assembly (THA) for their medical bills addressed.

In e-mail communication with the Express yesterday, the couple indicated their intended plan of action after complaining they were now being given the runaround by the THA, having been promised such financial help after they were brutally attacked in Tobago on August 1, 2009. The British couple communicated with the Express after a story in yesterday's paper, reproduced in part from the Daily Mail, first highlighted the problem.

In the e-mail, Peter Green wrote: "In the event that the Trinidad and Tobago government do not contact me by the new year, I, with the help of family and friends, intend to strike back at Tobago with a campaign. I intend to demonstrate outside your embassy in London.

"There is no one who will not be shocked by our facial disfigurement. I will be sending my case to Commissioner of Police Dwayne Gibbs and outlining information that links other individuals that know who did this heinous attack on us and are hiding here in the UK after being allowed to flee Tobago. This is just a sample of what we have in way of evidence."

Green said he was promised compensation from THA Chief Secretary Orville London, the Tobago Tourist Board and the Criminal Compensation Board, following the August 1 attack perpetrated on them by a bandit at their Bacolet home. However, he said the only thing they have received so far is a small replica pan, mounted on a wooden base, and two beach wraps from a representative of the Tobago Tourist Board.

"You may feel I am becoming paranoiac, but we have learnt so much about T&T politicians these past 16 months; nothing will surprise me. Their inhuman actions does not adhere me with confidence," Green said.

On August 1, 2009, the Greens were attacked by a man armed with a cutlass while they slept on the back patio of their holiday home. They had only returned to Tobago from their home in Somerset, England, the day before as Peter had recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer and had decided, on the spur of the moment, to take a two-week break before starting radiation treatment. The attacker reportedly strolled into the garden and, without reason or warning, hacked them almost to death.

Murium, 61, suffered wounds to her face and jaw while Peter suffered wounds to his face and head. The couple were taken to the Scarborough Regional Hospital where they both received preliminary treatment before being airlifted to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in Mount Hope.Yesterday, Green said he has health-related problems since the attack, including a problem with one eye, which also affects his balance; a hearing problem; headaches; and he has also lost his sense of smell. His wife, also, has similar concerns, he said.

"My wife has undergone 23 hours of reconstructive surgery and her facial scars, although improved, are still very visible unless she wears darkened sunglasses. In a nutshell, we have dreadful facial scars. From the very first day , your Government requested us not to give negative reports on Tobago travel. Up until today, we have kept our word. Sadly, Orville London and his ministers have not been worthy of their own promises," Green said.

Green yesterday again raised the issue of the "inhumane treatment" meted out to him by nurses at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in Mt Hope.

"A family member visited me while I was in the high-dependency ward, in a medically induced coma, and witnessed a nurse washing my face and open head wound with a flannel impregnated by human faeces. Considering I had a blood clot on my brain, I realise I survived by God's will and not the standard of nursing care. I was threatened by staff and tied to my bed with bandages for the whole time of my stay and often laid in my own toilet for hours on end."

He added, "I only know that if I had spoken and used names such as the staff used against me, I would have been jailed for racial violence. I must point out at this stage that all the doctors who supported me were of the highest standard and never were they racially rude to me."

Yesterday, however, former Ministry of Tourism director Farid Hinds denied claims by the Greens that when he visited the family in England, he invited them back to Trinidad to take part in Carnival and to promote the island. He said while he did give them gifts and invited them to come for Carnival, he was doing so as a friend, having built a relationship with the family in the months after the attack.

"I was totally shocked when I saw the article. I have e-mailed the Greens since on the matter and await a response from them," Hinds said in a telephone interview.

Hinds also forwarded e-mailed correspondence between himself and the Greens as proof of his claim (see story below).

Contacted yesterday, THA Tourism Secretary Oswald Williams said he could not comment on the matter as he did not have all the information. However, he said he told his staff to compile a comprehensive report on the matter involving the Greens, which he hopes will be available by today.

Also contacted yesterday, president of the Hotel and Tourism Association Carol Ann Birchwood-James said when incidents such as these occur, they must learn from them.

"This is a sad situation, but we need to move from this sad situation to one more comfortable as well, for locals as well as tourists. A balance must be worked out. This is not a simple tourist being attacked on the beach; talks with security for locals and tourists must be looked at. I intend to speak with the Tourism Development Company, Tourism Secretary Oswald Williams and Tourism Minister Rupert Griffith on the matter," Birchwood-James said.

The Greens also said they were not properly informed of their court date and of information surrounding Clint Alexis, who has been charged with their attack. Asked to comment on the matter yesterday, investigating officer Sergeant Earl Arthur said contrary to the Greens' claims, he has been in contact with them via e-mail on the reasons for delay in the case and updates on the matter.

"I have e-mailed conversations between the Greens and myself, showing that I have been keeping them abreast on the case. At each hearing, I have also supplied the Scarborough Magistrates' Court with copies of these data, so the magistrate is properly apprised. The reason the case has been adjourned for so long is because we were awaiting word on their recovery, so the Greens could be present in court themselves," Arthur said.

THA Chief Secretary Orville London could not be reached for comment on the matter. Calls to his mobile and home phones were not returned. •

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 12:19:13 PM »
why should they be compensated?  What makes them any different from say a local?

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 01:02:01 PM »
why should they be compensated?  What makes them any different from say a local?
I don't believe the people (gov't) of T&T owes them anything.  It was a very unfortunate event.
Also I read earlier where they asked the gov't to buy their home for 350K pounds....the gov't is under no obligation to do so. Plus if they did, it would set a terrible precedent to follow.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 01:13:30 PM »
I don't believe the people (gov't) of T&T owes them anything.  It was a very unfortunate event.
Also I read earlier where they asked the gov't to buy their home for 350K pounds....the gov't is under no obligation to do so. Plus if they did, it would set a terrible precedent to follow.

Apparently that didn't stop Orville London and them from starting with the promises.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 03:20:18 PM »

Apparently that didn't stop Orville London and them from starting with the promises.

Orville London was on I95.5 fm this morning giving his side of the story.  He said he never promised compensation after the couple left these shores.  He said while they were here and hospitalised they offered to pay for relatives to come and visit since it was a very traumatic experience and while not something the THA (or by extension government) would do in the circumstances they thought it prudent to assist in this regard.

They paid for the couple's son to be flown in from England and another relative (a sister) to be flown in from Canada.  They paid for them to be put up at the Hyatt. He said the bill came up to $93,XXX.55 cents (ah remember the 55 cents cuz ah thought damn dais what yuh call being detailed.... :o)

He said outside of that he and the THA never promised to foot medical bills etc. incurred once they left these shores. 
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 03:59:24 PM »
I thought so!  They are aggreived rightly so, but they cannot blackmail our country.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
How de hell this damaging....stueps. In regards to international image. Is long time the English embassy say doh go T&T. We don't belong to them. I sorry that happen, but things like this happen anywhere on this green earth.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 04:27:37 PM »
Orville London was on I95.5 fm this morning giving his side of the story.  He said he never promised compensation after the couple left these shores.  He said while they were here and hospitalised they offered to pay for relatives to come and visit since it was a very traumatic experience and while not something the THA (or by extension government) would do in the circumstances they thought it prudent to assist in this regard.

They paid for the couple's son to be flown in from England and another relative (a sister) to be flown in from Canada.  They paid for them to be put up at the Hyatt. He said the bill came up to $93,XXX.55 cents (ah remember the 55 cents cuz ah thought damn dais what yuh call being detailed.... :o)

He said outside of that he and the THA never promised to foot medical bills etc. incurred once they left these shores. 

Yeah well it blasted good fuh dem, they had no business spending that kinda money showing special treatment to them when it coulda help X amount ah "Tobagans" right there on the island.  I understand the gesture but it was wasteful and in the end look how much goodwill it buy.  Orville London heself doh need to go on local radio... he doh have to convince Trinidadians (and allyuh too  :devil:) of nutten... he need to be giving that interview, with receipt and proof to the British press.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »
de places that rely on tourism understand how de police must operate.

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 06:45:07 PM »
Ministry of Justice said it will comensate the couple..(all victims should now approach the Ministry  I am saying this ok, not the Ministry.) 

Says the couple had filed an application for compensation, although London says he is distancing himself from that as he made no such promises!

What nonsense is this?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:48:03 PM by Die_Hard »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 07:25:14 PM »
How de hell this damaging....stueps. In regards to international image. Is long time the English embassy say doh go T&T. We don't belong to them. I sorry that happen, but things like this happen anywhere on this green earth.

Every negative thing that this unfortunate couple says is damaging every time it is repeated in the press.  Usually when tourists get robbed they might get knocked around a little bit.  In our part of the world they gettin raped, chopped and shot.  This may not even have been a robbery.
I'm sure it scares the hell out of British tourists which means a lot less tourism dollars.
Except for the compensation issue, we can't even refute the things that they say.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 07:43:56 PM »
Ministry of Justice said it will comensate the couple..all victims should now approach the Ministry.  Says the couple had filed an application for compensation, although London says he is distancing himself from that as he made no such promises!

What nonsense is this?

Lol... well, yes.  I want to see how this one will play out. Kamla and Volney acting like they playing wid Monopoly money.  Black people right dey in TnT getting rob and kill and government can't even come up with a plan to reduce crime.  Two white people get assaulted and all ah sudden we paying dem hush money.

We like it so.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 08:08:15 PM »
I wonder how much Natalie Holloway (RIP) family get  ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »
Ministry of Justice said it will comensate the couple..(all victims should now approach the Ministry  I am saying this ok, not the Ministry.) 

Says the couple had filed an application for compensation, although London says he is distancing himself from that as he made no such promises!

What nonsense is this?

There is a Victim Support Unit or something of d sort that does pay victims of crime since Patos days. So locals getting paid as well. Now I tink is bout 15000 dey does get.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »
de compensation claims is a minor ting. dis attempt at damage control beyond jokey. dey really want dese people on a damn float after all of dis? ??? nah nah nah that take de whole fruitcake.

AirMan

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 11:26:48 PM »

Volney: Board for victims soon

Justice Minister Herbert Volney yesterday expressed optimism that a board will soon be appointed to deal with compensating victims of crime.

In a brief telephone interview, Volney said a list of names is currently before Cabinet and though it will be premature to divulge the names, he can guarantee the matter is engaging the attention of Cabinet.

"I read the Express article and then started the process of enquiring as to how far it (the process) had gone," Volney said

A media release issued by the Communications Unit of the Justice Ministry yesterday stated that Volney "empathises with the situation of English couple, Peter and Murium Green and commits to assisting them as far as the governing Acts and Laws under which the Ministry of Justice operates"...Continue http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Volney__Board_for_victims_soon-112582964.html

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 11:54:25 PM »
This article was out since Monday but ah only now seeing it....

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/_I_am_trying_2_work_out_a_deal_for_you_ll_on_the_house_and_land_-112530794.html

'I am trying 2 work out a deal for you'll on the house and land'

Some of the correspondence between the Green family and former Tourism and Industrial Development Company (TIDCO) director Farid Hinds:

Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:35:09
To: Martin Green
The government will not purchase the property, You'll would have to consider selling it to someone. The compensation I am still trying to work out, due to the Christmas season everyone is busy. will let u know by weekend via phone. Give my regards to your parents for me.

On Wed, 12/9/09, Martin Green wrote:
Dear Farid,
Please could you confirm what the offer on compensation is, if any? as well as the property and land?
Thanks for the reply Farid. What about an offer on the property and land from the government and compensation?

I hope everything is Ok with yourself and your parents. I will need to get the invoices for the stuff if possible.

Dear Farid,
I look forward to hearing from you in regards to:
1. The list of costs the family have incurred during and after the attack.
2. The government making a gesture of goodwill in buying the land and property and land.
3. Compensation for their injuries, both mentally and physically.

Dear Farid,
Glad to hear you are now feeling better. Please find below a list of items that were stolen from the house while my parents were in the UK.
Video Camera £499. Purchased UK
Dewalt Skill saw $3,500. Purchased T&T
Jigsaw $300. Purchased T&T
Power Drill $900. Purchased T&T
Music centre $950. Purchased T&T
Water Pump $4,500. Estimate for replacement
Stainless Steel cooking knives and block £80. Purchased UK
CDs £50. Purchased UK.
Torch £10. Purchased UK
Bins x two pair £99. Purchased on Virgin Atlantic flight
Other pair purchased UK £45.
2,000 TT$ stolen from purse
£20 stolen from purse
Total sterling £803.
Total TT$ 12,150 equals in sterling £1,162.
I also sent you a list of the following costs that had been occurred after our return to the UK, if I sent you the receipts, will these also be paid?
flights for Anne back to Canada
new Glasses
Dental work for my Dad
Car parking at the hospital
Glasses for Peter
Glasses for Murium
Repair to bars at bacolet property
This itemised list of stolen goods as requested by your good self does not constitute a full and final statement as the contents can only be checked and verified accurately when Mr & Mrs Green return to Tobago.

Hi Martin,
i received the email that was very nice of your parents. I is very much appreciated by the minister and the people of Trinidad and Tobago. I am trying 2 work out a deal for you'll on the house and land. Give my regards 2 your aunt and parents.

On Wed, 10/7/09, Martin Green wrote:
Hi Farid,
I hope you are well. I have attached the magazine article me parents have done for Womens Own in the UK. They both send their regards to you. Can you confirm if your received my last email? To bring this to a conclusion, if there is something in return we can do for you, please let me know.

Hi Farid,
I hope you and your family are keeping well. My Dad returned home yesterday and is having home care by the nurses.
Thank you for your reply and my parents would like an offer made on the land and property. The reason for this is not because they won't be returning to your beautiful islands but cannot return to their home and land. When they do return they will stay with friends or stay at a hotel.
An offer of £350,000 would be an conservative estimate of the property/land and if you feel that you would like to offer a compensation package to the both of them that would be at your discretion.
At the moment my parents expenses due to the horrific incident includes:
flights for Anne back to Canada
new Glasses
Dental work for my Dad
Car parking at the hospital
Please let me know if you would be kind enough to assist my parents on the above expenses.
They will also need to move to a ground floor property as my Dad cannot manage the stairs and as soon as possible my Mums cosmetic surgery on her face.
My parents have not and will not say anything negative about Trinidad and Tobago and will continue to get their strength back to be able to visit the islands again.
If you wish to contact me directly, please do so.
We continue to thank you for all your help.
I really do hope to meet with you again next year.

It is sad 2 hear that, let me know how much they want 4 the land anda I will see what can be done. As I always tell you if it is anything we can do 2 make you parents more comfortable just let me know.

On Mon, 9/28/09, Martin Green wrote:
Hi Farid,
I spoke to my parents tonight and they thank you for your offer to attend the carnival in February but will decline.
Since the robbery they feel very let down and since the attack they both have nightmares and flashbacks and with stress it gets worse.
We found out last week, that my Dad will not regain his full sight in his left eye and still needs assistance in walking and doing the simple things that we do.
We are currently compiling a list of what has gone missing at their home in Bacolet, but it is turning into a comprehensive list.
I don't believe they will return, which is a shame as they did truly love Tobago.
Obviously, to sell the property will take time, due to what happened there, and they have some land in Canaan, is there an option that the government will buy their property and land as well as offer a compensation package for the both of them?

Now what ah not sure about is if TIDCO was acting on behalf of the THA or on behalf of the government without the THA's input.....hhhhhhmmmm :thinking:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 11:56:37 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 12:02:14 AM »
Another chapter to the story, Orville London's side of the story...

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/I_MADE_NO_PROMISES-112582974.html

I MADE NO PROMISES
London speaks out on Greens' compensation claims

By Elizabeth Williams Tobago Bureau

Tobago House of Assembly Chief Secretary Orville London said yesterday he never offered to compensate a British couple who were victims of crime on the island.
His statement was in response to claims made by Peter and Murium Green, who were chopped across the face on August 1, 2009, as they slept outside their Bacolet villa.
The Greens, in a story published on the on-line edition of the Daily Mail, a United Kingdom newspaper, said they were promised compensation by the THA after the attack, but were now being given the run-around.
London, in a telephone interview yesterday, said while he did not make any promises to the Greens, the Tobago House of Assembly in conjunction with the Government of Trinidad and Tobago spent $93,443.55 for ground transfers to and from the Mt Hope Medical Sciences Complex, 21 days of accommodation at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Port of Spain, for Martin Green, the couple's son, and return airfare to London for family members.
"I did not make any commitment nor do I think any official representative of the Tobago House of Assembly made any commitment to compensate the Greens which they would have suffered," London said.

London said agreeing to compensate the Greens would have set a challenging precedence in relation to locals and other international visitors. He said efforts have since been made to see if the Greens and other visitors can qualify under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Act.  In relation to the couple's claims of mistreatment by medical staff at Mt Hope, London said they received the best possible health care while in Trinidad and Tobago.
"I want to also state very categorically that my information is that the Greens received the best medical care possible, and that the story that is bandied about, about the bandages, that to me is preposterous."
Peter Green claimed that a nurse used a contaminated rag to clean an open wound to his head.

London noted that aspersions have been made against the THA and the Government of Trinidad and Tobago, and as a result there must be a twin approach to damage control.
"One, we have to clear the name of THA and treat with the integrity of the island and the country, and the destination, and all the care givers, and all those that may have been responsible in some way, with the treatment of the Greens," he said. He said the attractiveness of Tobago is being undermined at an already challenging time for the tourism industry. Hoteliers on the island have reported record low bookings for the upcoming season.  "We also have an added responsibility to ensure that we market Tobago aggressively, and that we find ways and means and utilise all relevant strategies to alleviate some of the damage that must have been done to this island and this country," London said.

The THA's Division of Tourism and Transportation stated yesterday that it "stands ready to bear the cost of the Greens' return to Tobago, as the court requires them to testify in the case against the accused, including any professional support that may be necessary".  "We have every confidence that justice will be dispensed. We wish Mr and Mrs Green well, as they continue to recover from an experience which no one deserves," a statement issued by the Division stated.
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 12:12:02 AM »
Ah didn't realise it had so many articles in the Express between the time the Daily Mail story come out and today.  All yuh goh have to go and read them all yuh self..... ;D

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/_It_s_about_justice_-112582969.html

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Greens_strike_back-112530799.html

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Greens_surprised_by_angry__reaction_to_Tobago_attack_report-112530784.html

some of it repeats stuff we already know.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »
What going on in Tobago lately? Another news report?

Man in court for attacks on English nationals
By Tobago Bureau

Story Created: Dec 29, 2010 at 11:44 PM ECT

Story Updated: Dec 29, 2010 at 11:44 PM ECT

Darren Romeo, of Mt Pleasant, Tobago, will reappear in the Scarborough Magistrates' Court today, facing charges of breaking and entering, wounding and other offences.

Romeo, 24, first appeared yesterday and will reappear today when the prosecution will produce items of disclosure.

The court yesterday heard on December 23, visitors from London John and Susan Griston, and other family members, retired to bed at their Pinehurst Drive, Mt Irvine, home around 9 p.m.

Around 10.45 p.m., the alarm on the premises activated and checks were made by family members who were confronted by a cutlass-wielding bandit.

Alasta Tuner received chops to his finger. However, the family put up a fight, overpowered the bandit and held him until Old Grange police arrived on the scene. Upon arrest, $415, which was taken from the couple, was found in the bandit's pocket.

Tuner was rushed to the Scarborough Regional Hospital where he was treated and discharged.

Officers later placed the suspect on ID parade where he was pointed out by a visiting Englishwoman, who said she was robbed and raped by him on December 10.

Sergeant Oliver Clarke of the Old Grange Police Station is spearheading investigations. —LA

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 11:09:43 AM »
What the hell is going on in Tobago  ???
Hart for president

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 11:34:42 AM »
What the hell is going on in Tobago  ???

life as usual!!!!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 01:38:50 PM »

Trinidad suspends case against man accused of attacking British couple with machete in 2009

..Prosecutors have suspended attempted murder charges against a man accused of attacking a British couple with a machete, because the victims did not show up to testify, a justice official said.

The suspect, Clint Alexis, remains in jail on an unrelated charge, Dana Seetahal, president of Trinidad's Law Association, told local CNMG TV station late Tuesday.

Peter Green and his wife, whom authorities have not clearly identified, were attacked in August 2009 at a villa on the island of Tobago's southern coast. Green was 65 at the time and his wife, 59. Green was placed in a medically induced coma while his wife underwent facial reconstructive surgery.

Peter Green told CNC3 TV during an interview from Britain on Tuesday that the couple were advised by their doctor not to travel to Tobago for unspecified health reasons.

The attack, which prompted the British government to issue a travel advisory warning, occurred just miles (kilometres) from where a Swedish couple was slain in a similar home invasion in 2008.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 02:33:47 PM »
This is such a embarrassment for the country ,the Police Services, and the worse is the Politicians past and present this is where the problem of our country start from or is something need to be done .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

1]; } ?>