April 26, 2024, 02:28:31 PM

Author Topic: Thousands of T&T fans brave rain for Maroon 5  (Read 1665 times)

AirMan

Thousands of T&T fans brave rain for Maroon 5
« on: January 01, 2011, 12:42:08 PM »
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:07:23 PM by AirMan »

AirMan

Re: Thousands of T&T fans brave rain for Maroon 5
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 01:22:25 PM »

Video clip of Trinidad performance...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjn0nED0H_4

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
CRAP...steups..... allyuh think  foreign does embrace we own music as we seems to embrace foreign.... This is Carnival season and this is the 'crap' WE EMBRACING...... PURE 4KREY IMHO
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:46:19 PM by AB.Trini »

AirMan

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 05:27:01 PM »
CRAP...steups..... allyuh think  foreign does embrace we own music as we seems to embrace foreign.... This is Carnival season and this is the 'crap' WE EMBRACING...... PURSE 4KREY IMHO

Since you say "foreign music". What is your opinion of the Beyonce concert that was during Carnival ?..and  Reggae/dancehall artists performing in TnT during Carnival ?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 05:52:43 PM »
I do not embrace Reggae as much as Jamaica would embrace soca during 'Reggae Fest'

Beyonce  to her credit at least  buss down with some Soca lyrics and moves. I have seen this act before, wher promoters in capitalizing on the season are bringing in these  performers.

What is this doing to our local  artists, our culture? our Carnival?  Just my opinion,  to each  his own. That is the way it is now and the way it looks like for the future. TnT is not the same on so many levels.

:applause: for progress just not my cup of tea :frustrated: :frustrated: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :heehee: :heehee: :cursing: :cursing:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 06:16:52 PM »
They should have called it monsoon 5 instead .

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 07:38:48 PM »
CRAP...steups..... allyuh think  foreign does embrace we own music as we seems to embrace foreign.... This is Carnival season and this is the 'crap' WE EMBRACING...... PURE 4KREY IMHO

Variety is the spice of life.  That is all.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 09:04:09 AM »
I do not embrace Reggae as much as Jamaica would embrace soca during 'Reggae Fest'

Beyonce  to her credit at least  buss down with some Soca lyrics and moves. I have seen this act before, wher promoters in capitalizing on the season are bringing in these  performers.

What is this doing to our local  artists, our culture? our Carnival?  Just my opinion,  to each  his own. That is the way it is now and the way it looks like for the future. TnT is not the same on so many levels.

:applause: for progress just not my cup of tea :frustrated: :frustrated: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :heehee: :heehee: :cursing: :cursing:

tell our  local artist to stop putting out tunes that just focus on carnival carnival carnival
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 01:07:23 PM »

tell our  local artist to stop putting out tunes that just focus on carnival carnival carnival

WHA?!!? man doh lemmih mih buss ah.... ;)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-QDlA_BG1Vk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-QDlA_BG1Vk</a>
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 02:31:46 PM »
Tell the local artistes to stop having soca sound like parlour dub then people go pay money to see dem perform.

Swappi is now known as d local Vybez Cartel...he trying hard to imitate the man so much is a shame.

Soca is such a jokey thing now men who can't sing, pronounce words, have any kinda intellect, no wit, pun, humour nuttin to them....all kinda jokey dj who cyar even read the news properly jumping on a riddim and are now self proclaimed Soca Artiste.

The greatest and only thing we have to a class act who could take Soca to international stardom is machel Montano...and even Machel tunes turning more techno/fusion/parlour dubish with Jakan slang thrown een.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 03:24:59 PM »
Tell the local artistes to stop having soca sound like parlour dub then people go pay money to see dem perform.

Swappi is now known as d local Vybez Cartel...he trying hard to imitate the man so much is a shame.

Soca is such a jokey thing now men who can't sing, pronounce words, have any kinda intellect, no wit, pun, humour nuttin to them....all kinda jokey dj who cyar even read the news properly jumping on a riddim and are now self proclaimed Soca Artiste.

The greatest and only thing we have to a class act who could take Soca to international stardom is machel Montano...and even Machel tunes turning more techno/fusion/parlour dubish with Jakan slang thrown een.

:beermug: touches know the talk, we talk about this a long time ago, tt soca is a imitation of yard and the artists.

where are the singers in T&T? why when singers who better than these artists try to break through they get cut? i know a few and they went on to other genres and other things.

tt is a crab in barrel entertainment business, where the artists with the least talent get the most support.

and machel just adding to the fire because he aint saying much, atall. so long he out and can't break thru, because he copying as well.

no vision or talent exists in soca right now, all of them are shaming the great calypsonians and our culture bad.

when they find their identity then maybe men will go and see them perform. maybe when they start to sing also and acually come up with some good melodies and learn to market and promote themselves internationally.

carnival is only once a year and they have plenty time to create music that is general for everything to understand and appreciate, thats if the artists could actually hold a melody.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »
The stadium is certainly being put into good use!!!!!

1]; } ?>