March 28, 2024, 06:26:42 AM

Author Topic: T&T U20s in training  (Read 6800 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T U20s in training
« on: January 04, 2011, 10:02:20 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4BHEYvVIufU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4BHEYvVIufU</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U20s in training
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:21:26 AM »
WHY POST THIS ???...THE TECHNICAL QUALITY ON DISPLAY IN THESE EXERCISES IS VERY POOR FOR A U-20 NATIONAL TEAM.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:50:52 AM »
WHY POST THIS ???...THE TECHNICAL QUALITY ON DISPLAY IN THESE EXERCISES IS VERY POOR FOR A U-20 NATIONAL TEAM.

So we are all aware of our youngsters short-comings?
Why stick your head in the sand?   ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »

easy nuh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 11:44:56 AM »

dais why ah keep quiet.....even dat last activity is no where game like

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »
Good post,this drill needs lots of practice,if they have now started it will look that way,no hard feelings.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 12:38:55 PM »
all yuh want to see exercise look how barca doing they thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BEMYf9uktY

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 01:02:30 PM »
Good post,this drill needs lots of practice,if they have now started it will look that way,no hard feelings.
We talking about the quality of the passing (technique)...this exercise requires the players to play passes within a range of 5-8 yards...come on man...what you mean by " if they have just started it will look that way"
just started the exercise or just started to learn to pass ??? This is a U-20 National team you looking at...I know 10 year old kids who could execute this exercise with they eyes closed and still have better quality.
I eh saying no more, if this good enough for you then " no hard feelings"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »
You are wriong in saying"these exercises are very poor",in fact it looks total shyte and I was much better than that when I played.  and may still be better than what I have seen.Some of the boys looks like if they are playing football for the first time.

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 01:11:24 PM »
i a'int lying boy with the amount of know it alls on this site trini football should be in much better shape, like allyuh is seer men boy allyuh does see little clips, dont know the context and pass allyuh judgement , :rotfl: lol all yuh good yes ah whole set ah damn waggonists.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
i a'int lying boy with the amount of know it alls on this site trini football should be in much better shape, like allyuh is seer men boy allyuh does see little clips, dont know the context and pass allyuh judgement , :rotfl: lol all yuh good yes ah whole set ah damn waggonists.
BS...you really think men can't make an assessment from these clips...please!!! You must have no clue as to the level of football and football compentencies some people on this board are exposed to. Again...this is a poor standard for a U-20 NATIONAL TEAM >:(

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 01:32:57 PM »

[/quote]
BS...you really think men can't make an assessment from these clips...please!!! You must have no clue as to the level of football and football compentencies some people on this board are exposed to. Again...this is a poor standard for a U-20 NATIONAL TEAM >:(
[/quote]

Pardner everybody have internet the whole world exposed :rotfl: context is everything,if zidane playing with some children and it have a clip where a little boy hit him a beat and he fall down is the little boy better than him? no more than likely he playing around,you aint ask if this was after a game if they were just doing a light drill because it aint have all the players you aint ask nothing you just ride in on yuh competent horse and start to judge ,cool out and form opinions after u get all the facts

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 01:43:15 PM »
       Agreed,but we have to ask ourselves one question,are these the best U20 Footballers our country have to offer?it seems our Youth programs are not working,i don't think the drills in itself are bad but not for a national team on the verge of playing international tournaments.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 01:44:16 PM »
I have to agree, when I see dem yutes training, I let go ah loud steups....

With the calibre of some of the experts and the football that some of these men on the site have been exposed to it's easy agreeable that some of the drills look jokey.

The Web and the availability of media that is at our fingertips also makes this easy to judge, even if some of us are armchair coaches...

At least they doing drills  :beermug:

most men on de national team cayr cross to win a million dollars...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:47:37 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 01:45:54 PM »

[/quote]

Pardner everybody have internet the whole world exposed :rotfl: context is everything,if zidane playing with some children and it have a clip where a little boy hit him a beat and he fall down is the little boy better than him? no more than likely he playing around,you aint ask if this was after a game if they were just doing a light drill because it aint have all the players you aint ask nothing you just ride in on yuh competent horse and start to judge ,cool out and form opinions after u get all the facts
[/quote]
If you think I'm referring to exposure through internet then I see that this discussion is beyond your ability to look at the clips and see what I mean by technical quality. Even if this was a light session at the end of training...I don't see any of the players dripping wet with sweat...the technical quality is still poor!!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:48:20 PM by CK1 »

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 02:12:16 PM »
all ah allyuh who have ah little badge ,and went ah little coaching course ,and coach some little jokey team alas that make allyuh experts on football ,i will take my leave and let all yuh experts pass the judgment ,ah set ah blasted waggonists  :devil:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 02:34:44 PM »
The coach could set up ah ball for ah good shot boy. He does play center forward or on the side?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 02:43:46 PM »
all ah allyuh who have ah little badge ,and went ah little coaching course ,and coach some little jokey team alas that make allyuh experts on football ,i will take my leave and let all yuh experts pass the judgment ,ah set ah blasted waggonists  :devil:

I should have picked up from your first response where this would go. No one claimed to be an expert but just expressed an opinion based on observations (football is a game of opinions) from the video with a specific emphasis on the technical quality of the exercises. What does that have to do with whether men have badge or take courses or coach teams. Every response was based on observations and a standard of expectation for a national team...that's not passing judgement. What if the person posting is a professional scout; coach; clinician; course lecturer etc. who has a trained eye and professional experience in these things. It seems to me that you are the one who is judging without all the facts. Now , you tell us if you think the technical quality displayed in the exercises is at an acceptable standard for a national team?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 04:02:01 PM »
ah say ah wasn't going to reply but ah lie.....what is the purpose of that activity them fellas doin? is it realistic? do you stand up in a game and wait for the ball  or do you check to receive it? Look at some ah dem fellas body position when the receive the ball....Now if I is a coach from some pro team and ah hear bout some lil boy from down in trini that supposed to be good...these are the clips I'll have my assistant coach pull up because how yuh practice is how yuh play......

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 05:58:22 PM »
Let us give the coach credit for seeing a weakness of TNT football at all levels and at least working on it, this drill if YOU would understand calls for a  lot of concentration not just passing.I can call the whole national senior team including the overseas players that cannot pass the football,and even some of you who tried to make a national team in your time did not make.This is a reflection of our lack of proper development,So why pressure the kids when WE RAN away and now pelting stones for a claim to FAME.They played in a World Cup with heart and soul.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 09:29:01 PM »
ah say ah wasn't going to reply but ah lie.....what is the purpose of that activity them fellas doin? is it realistic? do you stand up in a game and wait for the ball  or do you check to receive it? Look at some ah dem fellas body position when the receive the ball....Now if I is a coach from some pro team and ah hear bout some lil boy from down in trini that supposed to be good...these are the clips I'll have my assistant coach pull up because how yuh practice is how yuh play......

you are right, very good drill ... but not realistic or at game pace. too much standing and waiting for the ball  instead of making runs off the ball thus dictating where, when and how the ball should be played

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 09:46:51 PM »
From the little seen from this clip, this team aint reaching nowhere.

The latest trend in coaching states "drills kill". What this mean is that doing these stereotype drills does not work. That is long time coaching methodology. As a guideline (and you can use it to assess any coach) if you see a coach running a session and players standing around waiting on their turn (especially in a nice neat line) to do something then he may not be that good after all. Think about it, in a football game, how often does these static situation present itself? Do you see players standing around in a nice orderly line?

Take the 1st "drill" where the players are passing the ball and the coach is setting-up the shot - as someone previously mentioned, he will not be playing in the game so best he stand back and observe and assess. To make that more realistic, some players should be behind the goal line serving the ball to the shooters stationed on the field who must receive and shoot with the servers following their pass and pressuring the receiver - that will be more realistic as to what really happens in the game.

Coaching Methodology: there are 2 types - 1) coach centric - everyting is centered around the coach, what he says go and he stand shouting instructions to the players 2) player centric - in this method they employ the latest buzz word TgFu (training games for understanding) - basically, the coach provides the players with problems and they have to figure it out for themselves- in that way they learn to think for themselves. For example, you hear coaches shouting instructions to players "stay wide" or "support" or "pressure". If as a coach you have to tell players that, you will have to tell them that evry day for the rest of  their life. However, if you set-up the correct small sided game so that they can understand for themselves why/when they have to stay wide - this is how they will develop game intelligence.

I can brag that i am one of the best coaches in the world - my team never loose -
(because they never play)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 02:05:17 AM »
So then they know the game and still cyah pass.  :)   Those drills are an important part of development.  Point taken that these fellas should have this down better.  That's not the coach fault though.  If a young player does that last drill well they'll gain fitness, learn ball control on the move, balance, meeting the ball accurately, decision making, passing accurately, etc.  They don't seem to be meeting the ball right in the last drill.  They seem tired but at least they're out there.   ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 08:01:48 AM »
Let us give the coach credit for seeing a weakness of TNT football at all levels and at least working on it, this drill if YOU would understand calls for a  lot of concentration not just passing.I can call the whole national senior team including the overseas players that cannot pass the football,and even some of you who tried to make a national team in your time did not make.This is a reflection of our lack of proper development,So why pressure the kids when WE RAN away and now pelting stones for a claim to FAME.They played in a World Cup with heart and soul.
With all due respect no one is pelting stones for a claim to fame. All I ask is why post that video? I does not reflect well for the coach nor the players. Look at Ragga's post and you will understand the points of concern that some of us have expressed. Look at Elan's post and you will understand that comment pertains to the organization of the shooting drill;it's not realistic nor applicable for players at this level. If this is the way players are being trained, they are being trained to get licks. What is the standard of expectation ???-
 "Not Such A Bad Year"

Offline 1st touch

• Jr. Warrior
  • Without a good 1st touch yuh is a spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 08:12:18 AM »
everybody have logical and passionate points of view and I not downing none.
What I will say is a drill is there to practice technique in a non stress situation.
There are many other drills that are relevant to a practice session, from keep ups to trapping and heading drills, etc. That drill we watch usually progresses with the addition of a second ball and the focus is the 1st touch and typically is a 2 touch exercise, which all yuh done know.
This is not the full training session, ah sure is only a small but necessary part. Typically the coach will progress to what most of all yuh want to see, from speed of play to pressurized situations, movement, shooting, passing...then all combined, something most of us like to call a game.

So dont stress about a simple drill and feel its a waste of time, becuase if you dont continue to practice the simple things, then how you can effectively work on complex parts...no professional teams from all your favourite leagues do that. They make football simple and emphasize doing them perfectly, which make us all feel we could do it too and should be professionals.   :devil:
Finally, if the youths not performing or taking these simple drills seriously, then they are the ones who will not be there long, the coach aint blind...ah hope  :D

1st
If yuh looking, yuh sure to find it...

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 08:59:28 AM »
everybody have logical and passionate points of view and I not downing none.
What I will say is a drill is there to practice technique in a non stress situation.
There are many other drills that are relevant to a practice session, from keep ups to trapping and heading drills, etc. That drill we watch usually progresses with the addition of a second ball and the focus is the 1st touch and typically is a 2 touch exercise, which all yuh done know.
This is not the full training session, ah sure is only a small but necessary part. Typically the coach will progress to what most of all yuh want to see, from speed of play to pressurized situations, movement, shooting, passing...then all combined, something most of us like to call a game.

So dont stress about a simple drill and feel its a waste of time, becuase if you dont continue to practice the simple things, then how you can effectively work on complex parts...no professional teams from all your favourite leagues do that. They make football simple and emphasize doing them perfectly, which make us all feel we could do it too and should be professionals.   :devil:
Finally, if the youths not performing or taking these simple drills seriously, then they are the ones who will not be there long, the coach aint blind...ah hope  :D

1st

:applause: :applause: This is the best responce that I have seen to this thread. Excelent responce. These drills are important.

I happen to know a Primary school coach that uses those same drills in his training program.....and he has very successfull over the past 10 years. And some of his players have gone on to be very good players. At least 3 were on the Singal Hill side this year. The youngest being only in 3rd form.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 09:44:18 AM »
The main observation I made was pertaining to the "technical quality" for the national team level and not necessarily the drills (players at this level should not even be doing drills anyway). I"m getting the impression that the technical ability is at an acceptable standard for national level players. Maybe I should have just watched the video and stupesssss.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 10:04:34 AM »
The main observation I made was pertaining to the "technical quality" for the national team level and not necessarily the drills (players at this level should not even be doing drills anyway). I"m getting the impression that the technical ability is at an acceptable standard for national level players. Maybe I should have just watched the video and stupesssss.

Why should they not be doing drills? I have seen Holland & Guus Hiddink Australia do the same drill. Interested to hear your explaination!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 10:53:44 AM »

Why should they not be doing drills? I have seen Holland & Guus Hiddink Australia do the same drill. Interested to hear your explaination!
I've seen and used many of these types of training exercies as well. Drills are an antiquated methodology that was used to develop or reinforce technical aspects; modern player development involves game-like sessions where the training is realistic and relavant although the focus is on technical aspects. I'm certain that what you saw Holland doing was no drill nor the "technical quality" look anything like that video...My focal point again was not the training exercise/drill, but the poor "technical quality" on display for a NATIONAL TEAM and it should not be put out for public viewing.
We can let this rest now, because "IT WAS NOT SUCH A BAD YEAR". i wonder what year that bottle of wine was they drinking in Trini :beermug:

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 11:09:20 AM »
I respect your explanation but it is good that we all  can see what the national coaches have to work with.

1]; } ?>