12 (15.8%)
Anil Roberts
59 (77.6%)
Roger Boynes
5 (6.6%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: De Minister of Sport doing everything but Sports !!!!  (Read 91326 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: De Minister of Sport doing everything but Sports !!!!
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2011, 03:12:33 PM »
Anil comes under fire
By: Shaliza Hassanali (Guardian).

The Congress of the People’s (COP) four members in the race for leadership of the party came under pressure from each other and party supporters on Friday night. The party held a joint platform meeting for its candidates—Anil Roberts, Prakash Ramadhar, Vernon De Lima and Nalini Dial—at the Arima Government Primary School after they discussed the topic: “COP’s role in the People’s Partnership.” During the meeting there was a no-barred session where candidates were allowed to question each other on any topic. The moderator was Dr Indira Rampersad.

The members questioned Roberts if Jack Warner, Sadiq Baksh and Gerard Hadeed were funding his campaign and if the COP was up for sale. Roberts said thousands of COP supporters were rallying behind him to bring home victory and that, “Warner is a UNC and UNC has no business in the COP election.”  Roberts was also questioned about being “very critical of Dookeran” and now singing his praises. Roberts denied saying anything adverse in public about Dookeran, insisting that “it’s just a rumour and old politics.” De Lima waded into Roberts, asking why he did not attend national council meetings.

“Since you became vice chairman I have not received one invitation to any meeting. The leadership has not been performing for the membership,” Roberts replied. Roberts was also questioned by Dial about whether he had regrets about the Nicki Minaj concert. “Yes I had regrets. The population would not understand that anyone who would spend $876,000 on a concert has to be in St Ann’s. What it meant that we as a people must respect our local food, culture, wear and products through ‘Localise It’.”  Roberts said ordinarily to host a concert of that nature would have cost the country $3.4 million.

Clearly, most of the questions were fired at Roberts. Ramadhar was asked: “Can you stand up to Jack Warner?” “History has shown that I have stood up against the hardest and strongest. I am afraid of no man or woman. When you have right on your side you can stand up for anything.” Asked what were some of the leadership challenges she faced, Dial answered:

I always have to face sexual harassment. My bosses always come on to me,” causing COP members to erupt in uncontrollable laughter. Turning to Dial, Roberts told her she was a known animal lover and activist. “When Our Worship the Mayor of Arima sat on a donkey, why didn’t you say that this was not appropriate?” Due to the cheers and jeers of members, Dial asked Roberts to repeat the question, which he refused. De Lima had to appeal for order, stating that COP was a party of discipline.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2011, 04:41:03 AM »
DROP OUT, ANIL
War of words as Carolyn calls on COP members to reject Sport Minister in Sunday's election
By Renuka Singh (Express).

Congress of the People (COP) foundation member Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan yesterday called on COP colleague and Sport Minister Anil Roberts to pull out of the election race after he criticised her performance over the last year as Energy Minister.

Roberts is one of four party members vying for the position of COP political leader along with Legal Affairs Minister and deputy political leader Prakash Ramadhar, vice-chairman Vernon De Lima and ordinary member Nalini Dial.

Seepersad-Bachan called on the voting party members to vote for any of the other contenders.

"I hope COP members don't put God out of their thoughts and vote for Mr Anil Roberts as the political leader," she said in an interview at her new Ministry of Public Administration office on Abercromby Street, Port of Spain.

"I am going to ask the elections committee, I think Mr Roberts should step down. I am not the issue in their political campaign for leadership. I think Mr Roberts has to speak more on what is his vision," she said.

The war of words began when Roberts gave media interviews where he sanctioned the Cabinet reshuffle and went on to criticise Seepersad-Bachan for non-performance as Energy Minister.

"I heard Mr Roberts say on the radio that he sanctioned my move from the Ministry of Energy. Who is Mr Roberts to sanction anything?" she asked.

"You (Roberts) are making up lies. The Prime Minister never said that to me, she said she needed someone who was bright and strong to take on the challenge to transform the public service and that was why I was moved," she said.

Seepersad-Bachan said Roberts also speculated that she kept People's National Movement (PNM) supporters working around her in the Ministry, instead of people loyal to the current regime.

"Let me tell Mr Roberts once more and let me tell everybody—that is not the politics that I subscribe to. I am not firing anybody because you're a PNM, United National Congress or COP. You are there to do a job and if you are competent and you are delivering, then so be it. We campaigned against that type of behaviour," she said.

"If Mr Roberts wants to practise that, let him keep that, that is the old politics," she added.

She said this friction in their relationship was a new development.

"Roberts has made an 180-degree turn. Mr Roberts felt that I was one of the best energy spokespersons. I was carried on his show so many times before elections. Is this only now because you are a Minister of Government? That cannot be so," she said.

Seepersad-Bachan said despite the criticisms of non-performance, she accomplished everything the People's Partnership manifesto set out for the Energy Ministry. She said the criticism by Roberts about her failure to increase the country's Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) was "lies".

"What is Mr Roberts talking about?" she asked.

"I don't understand what is Mr Anil Roberts's issue about Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). If there was an issue, why wasn't it raised before? Why am I now hearing this? And why from Mr Roberts? Why didn't the PM raise it with me?"

Seepersad-Bachan said she has always had a problem with Roberts's behaviour.

"From day one. When he started off last year by attending the Local Government rally in Skinner Park wearing a UNC shirt and you want to be the leader of the COP. I've always had that problem with him," she said.

Vallence Rambharat, chairman of the elections commission within the COP, said if Roberts was found guilty of defamatory and false comments against a fellow party member, he could be disqualified from Sunday's elections.

"We have strict rules within the party policies about that sort of thing," he said in a telephone interview yesterday.

Rambharat said if Roberts were disqualified, the elections would go on with the other three incumbents.

"I heard what Roberts said about Carolyn, but I haven't heard if she responded. The commission would look into the matter and make a determination before the elections if a complaint is brought to us," he said.

Senior party members did not comment on the matter as chairman Joseph Toney directed all questions to Rambharat, while someone answered party leader Winston Dookeran's mobile phone and said he was "unavailable" on different occasions.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2011, 11:44:05 AM »
Yep, de man doh talk bout sports at all.  He battling for this COP leadership and in everybody business, making some unsubstantiated claims.  All this while, me ain't hearing NADA bout sports.  Check your pot, Roberts, before yuh start checking yuh neighbor's. ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:41:08 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2011, 02:23:26 PM »
this man cld get fired?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2011, 02:55:54 PM »
Is election time for COP. What is more important. Getting the party leadership or preparing the staddium for the National T&F championship. Toss ah coin!!!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2011, 03:15:33 PM »
Anil is a COP ?

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2011, 08:13:33 PM »
Anil is a COP ?

yea...imagine that!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2011, 10:35:42 PM »
I jus hear that Anil lost the COP election....and I think it was by quite a large margin. Dat man gonna be vex!!!

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Minister of Sports A.P.B
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2011, 07:06:13 PM »
It just occurred to me in light of all that has been happening with TTFF, the stadiums, and NAAA. Has anyone heard a peep from the MOS since the COP election?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Minister of Sports A.P.B
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2011, 07:09:49 PM »
nope i was wondering the same thing for the past few weeks, he gone MIA. He suddenly lose he voice
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2011, 07:14:30 PM »
I hate Anil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a BASTARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »
Lemme be honest I thought Hunt was a waste . Right now I figure he wasn't that bad.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2011, 07:40:16 PM »
he not wit bovell in some tourney...remember he still bovell coach paid for by taxpayers

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2011, 08:50:25 PM »
he not wit bovell in some tourney...remember he still bovell coach paid for by taxpayers

ah tort ministers ha tuh give up dey pj
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »

I now coming to ask dat.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2011, 09:58:57 PM »

I now coming to ask dat.

If Jack could hold down 2 or 3 pj who is Anil not to emulate?!

Don't hate learn to emulate!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2011, 10:30:37 PM »
Some tourney? World Championships is taking place right now.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »

No, that is just Health Ministers! 

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2011, 05:57:25 AM »
yea Anil in China coaching Bovell at World Championships.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2011, 10:03:31 AM »

U know what thought make a man do?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »

Yuh pj cyar be within a job that would be affected by the policy yuh might hadda set. At least dahs wha aunty kamla say is the difference between jack and fuad.
Wonder wha go happen with anil.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2011, 11:38:07 AM »

Yuh pj cyar be within a job that would be affected by the policy yuh might hadda set. At least dahs wha aunty kamla say is the difference between jack and fuad.
Wonder wha go happen with anil.

He go use a loophole,,he go say is not a wukk,is ah volunteer position...and then drink two rum and red bull and drive out wile in de government prado
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2011, 12:14:10 PM »
Anil is minister of sports and also coaching Bovell and no doubt making recommendations for funding etc. If we follow the precedent of the minister of health I guess the PM will ask him to choose one when he returns from China. Did he apply for leave from his minister's job or is he being compensated for both functions? Whaaaat?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Anil Roberts Again
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2011, 04:24:18 PM »
C News Live
Sports Minister Anil Roberts has called on President of the TTCB Azim Bassarath to step down for what he says are 'falsehoods' & 'misleading' statements made regarding the inclusion of Dwayne Bravo and Keiron Pollard in the national team for the Airtel Championships. Tonight on C Newsline @ 10pm - The TTCB President responds - What is your take on it? Leave us a comment, text to 4913 or call us @ 622-4142 Ext. 4

Mods you can merge or I will place it in the Anil Roberts thread ah lil later.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Sports Ministry gets $415m budget
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2011, 10:01:33 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/10/30/sports-ministry-gets-415m-budget

Sports Ministry gets $415m budget
....new Boxing Board of Control Act coming

Published: Sun, 2011-10-30 00:44

As part of the 2011-2012 budget, the Ministry of Sport has received a total of $415 million in funding from the government for the fiscal year. Of that sum, $28.3 million has been allocated for the development of the island’s sporting facilities which seek to facilitate community participation.

This will include: The completion of Shaw Park Recreational Ground and Cultural Complex. The upgrade of the pavilion and playing field at Roxborough Sporting and Cultural Complex. The renovation of Belle Garden Rural Training Centre including redesign of the bathrooms, toilets, kitchens and classrooms. The commencement of construction of the Bacolet Aquatic Centre. The reconstruction of the pavilion and construction of fencing at Plymouth/Bethesda Sport and Recreational Complex. The establishment of utility roads, drainage works and design for the construction of a new pavilion at Shaw Park Sporting Complex. The refurbishment and upgrade of Hardcourt Facilities and Recreation grounds throughout the island.The Ministry also intends to construct three state of the art mega facilities for the sports of tennis, swimming and cycling, 64 community recreation facilities and 16 community sport centres.

The Ministry will also begin its “Life Sport Programme”, a two-component sport training programme developed to engage troubled young males in positive activity, and revise its Elite Athlete Assistance Policy guidelines to consider team and non-Olympic sports.

It will seek to implement a policy of honouring and rewarding outstanding performances as well as establish a T&T Anti-Doping Organisation to administer and enforce anti-doping rules as outlined by the world anti-doping code.

Its proposed legislative agenda will include the establishment of a sports dispute resolution centre and the revision of the Boxing Board of Control Act 1934.

The research agenda will address the issues of sport participation in T&T as well as framework for advancing sport.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sports Ministry gets $415m budget
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2011, 10:34:49 PM »
I thought the treasury empty.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2011, 07:42:16 PM »
We need to her from the minister of Sports! Travesty of justice taking place in election of heads in the football fraternity and not a word! Did Jack put a gag order? Is he still interfering in the running of football? I hope FIFA is watching!

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2011, 08:03:20 PM »
Why doesn't he call on the TTFF clique to resign?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2011, 11:14:30 PM »
Why doesn't he call on the TTFF clique to resign?

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2011, 08:11:08 PM »
tell anil drop the axe on his self

1]; } ?>