12 (15.8%)
Anil Roberts
59 (77.6%)
Roger Boynes
5 (6.6%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: De Minister of Sport doing everything but Sports !!!!  (Read 90480 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: De Minister of Sport doing everything but Sports !!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2011, 05:05:36 AM »
Leave de man.  He say the concerts will fund upkeep of the stadia.  So mash it up, to fix it back.  Good logic.  ;)

I actually doh have too much of an issue with this one to be honest... there is sound logic in it.  Hopefully there has been some sort of cost/benefit analysis which then allowed for a determination that damage to the field would more than be offset by the revenue.  Ideally the concerts wouldn't take place during football season, but fete and Carnival ent stopping fuh nobody.  What they need to do is to try and limit the damage as much as possible. 

Shark, that is how ah finance man does think, but yuh really think these folks took time to examine the cost-benefit flows of making this decision.  Highly doubt it.  This decision was probably made in some rum shop. ;)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2011, 06:30:47 AM »
Anil Roberts’ accident kept secret
By Clint Chan Tack Thursday, January 13 2011

THREE MONTHS after Sports Minister Anil Roberts was involved in an accident while driving a Toyota Prado sports utility vehicle purchased by Government in 2009 for the Fifth Summit of the Americas and the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM), this fact only came to light yesterday at the first sitting of the House of Representatives for this year.

However in publicly disclosing Roberts’ accident, Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner revealed but never explained why Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar did not want Roberts’ accident to become public knowledge.

As the sitting began Persad-Bissessar and other Government MPs thumped their desks when Government Chief Whip Dr Roodal Moonilal boasted the Government would answer all questions on the House Order Paper. He asked Deputy Speaker Fuad Khan that Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley be allowed to ask the first question to Warner about the the Government’s distribution of the 200 vehicles purchased for the Summit and the CHOGM by the former PNM administration.

Warner said Government gave 135 vehicles to the National Security Ministry and its PNM predecessor gave two vehicles to the government of Grenada. He added that 44 other vehicles have been given to other government ministries (including the Office of the Prime Minister and the Sports Ministry) and 19 vehicles will soon be put up for public auction.

After saying none of the vehicles were given to a government minister or parliamentary secretary, Warner found himself in difficulty when he had to answer a part of Rowley’s question which asked if either a minister or parliamentary secretary was driving one of those vehicles and that vehicle was involved in an accident.

“I want to say this too because it does not give me any pleasure in making this public because the Prime Minister deliberately did not want to make it public but the question from Member for Diego Martin West has forced me to do so and therefore I have to make it public,” Warner said. Persad-Bissessar looked on emotionless as Warner continued his response.

“One such vehicle was involved in a motor accident and was driven by the Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs,” Warner said. “What?” PNM MPs asked. “I have not been briefed on the extent of the damage or cost of repairs at this stage,” Warner said. When Diego Martin North/East MP Colm Imbert asked if the vehicle was a write-off, Warner countered that it was “a minor accident.”

Rowley asked Warner if he knew that Roberts’ accident constituted “an adjustment to the terms of an engagement of a minister of government as laid down by the Salaries Review Commission.” Warner replied, “As far as I am aware, the vehicle is for official use by a minister in his official capacity in the ministry. Of that I am aware. Nothing else.”

Rowley then asked Warner if it was the Government’s policy to allow its ministers “to operate public vehicles for their own private use incurring maintenance cost, operation cost and repair to damage to cost.” Khan told Rowley this was a new question but Warner insisted on responding to Rowley. “This long question has a very short answer. It is no, it is for official use,” Warner said.

Warner also said the Office of the Prime Minister gave former prime minister Patrick Manning one of the vehicles following last May’s General Election, in keeping with a promise which Persad-Bissessar made to him.Newsday later spoke with Roberts, who said on October 6, 2010, he left his ministry at 6.30 pm with his driver Naraj Satram and his personal assistant to attend a meeting in Chaguanas. While driving along the Priority Bus Route, Roberts said he saw Satram was in discomfort, having taken medication earlier for a back ache.

The minister said he offered to drop Satram off at his home in Barataria to rest, drive the vehicle himself to the meeting, return to Barataria and then Satram would drop him home. “On reaching Chaguanas, I was approaching the Divali Nagar site, when a car slowed in front of me to turn into the Nagar. I indicated and began to swerve to pass that car,” Roberts said.

The minister said he then heard a loud crash, felt something hit the side of the vehicle and saw a Suzuki car crash into a tree. Roberts said he stopped his vehicle and went to the aid of two young men who were in the car. Stating one of the men was “holding his ribs”, Roberts said he called for an ambulance, went to the police station to report the accident and then to the health centre to make sure both men were all right.

Roberts added neither was seriously injured and one had bruised ribs.

Roberts said he subsequently reported the accident to his ministry and the comptroller of accounts but is yet to get an estimate of the damage to the Prado from the Vehicle Maintenance Company (VMCOTT).

Asked why Warner would say the Prime Minister did not want his accident to be known, Roberts said he thought it was because Manning also received a summit vehicle for his use.

Stating he would have given full details if the question was posed to him, Roberts said: “It’s not a major issue. For it to reach in the Parliament shows the frivolity of the PNM.”

The minister said while the situation was not ideal, it only happened once. “I am paid by the Government of TT. I am insured to drive the vehicle. I am a licensed driver. I was not at fault in any way,” Roberts said.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2011, 07:18:08 AM »
HEARNAR is a vitamin wit he iz 1 a day
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2011, 09:39:57 AM »
Although this is minor nonsense they quibbling over instead of tacklin serious matters in the country....I find it real interesting how smoothly jack roll kamla under de bus
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2011, 10:03:50 AM »
Shark, that is how ah finance man does think, but yuh really think these folks took time to examine the cost-benefit flows of making this decision.  Highly doubt it.  This decision was probably made in some rum shop. ;)

Well me eh no finance man, I think any reasonable person would expect this... but yuh right, knowing who we dealing with it probably had some kinda lime and ole talk involved, lol :D

Although this is minor nonsense they quibbling over instead of tacklin serious matters in the country....I find it real interesting how smoothly jack roll kamla under de bus

Agreed as to Jack selling out Kamla... but if you find that a sitting Prime Minister ordering a cover up of a potential fiduciary and ethical breach is 'minor nonsense' then that typifies everything that wrong with governance in TnT.  After all the ole noise they make when PNM buy the vehicles, now Anil gallivanting around town in one, crash it and everybody decide to keep it hush hush.  Ah guess we cyah vex with Anil fuh saying he "was not in fault in any way."  Only in Trinidad, or some other backward banana republic would a man change lanes into the path of another vehicle (indicating a failure to yield) and claim that he was not in the wrong.  Ah guess once he signal then is up to the other car already in that lane to make room fuh him.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2011, 12:47:41 PM »
I just read the article properly. This PM is a joke for facilitating a hatchetman like Jack. That man too vindictive to take anything juss so. And is how slick he do it too  :)

“I want to say this too because it does not give me any pleasure in making this public because the Prime Minister deliberately did not want to make it public but the question from Member for Diego Martin West has forced me to do so and therefore I have to make it public,” Warner said. Persad-Bissessar looked on emotionless as Warner continued his response.

The man determined to subvert and subtly embarrass the PM at every turn. Any Minister anywhere in the Commonwealth woulda loss he work for that stunt.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2011, 01:24:36 PM »
I just read the article properly. This PM is a joke for facilitating a hatchetman like Jack. That man too vindictive to take anything juss so. And is how slick he do it too  :)

The man determined to subvert and subtly embarrass the PM at every turn. Any Minister anywhere in the Commonwealth woulda loss he work for that stunt.

u4GET Jack have she files
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2011, 01:50:02 PM »

But I thought he never see any files.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »
HEARNAR is a vitamin wit he iz 1 a day

:rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2011, 04:33:41 PM »
I just glad that the accident was not fatal!!!! The car could always get fixed.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2011, 09:19:45 PM »

But I thought he never see any files.

Not those files

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2011, 10:53:34 PM »
Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Anil Roberts says he needs spiritual cleansing as the Opposition People’s National Movement (PNM) continues to train its guns at him. “It is clear that Dr (Keith) Rowley, the Leader of the Opposition, for whatever reason, is out to target me,” he claimed during a news conference at his office at Abercromby Street, Port-of-Spain, yesterday. Roberts was responding to issues raised by the Opposition in Parliament on Wednesday after it was revealed that he had been involved in a vehicular accident with one of the vehicles purchased for the Summit of the Americas in 2009. Rowley asked why Roberts was given a Government vehicle when he was provided with a transport allowance.

Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner had earlier told the House vehicles purchased by the former PNM Government for the Fifth Summit of the Americas in 2009 were given to several ministries. Roberts admitted yesterday he was driving the vehicle on October 6 when it was involved in a collision close to the Divali Nagar site. At the time he was en route to a dinner meeting at Price Plaza, Chaguanas. “Maybe it is that I am blight and need a bush bath,” he said. The minister denied the Prado vehicle was being used for personal reasons and pointed out driving it was “one step down” from driving his personal vehicle. Roberts gave a detailed account of the accident which he said occurred “on the side road at the Divali Nagar site, while a white small car was turning into the Nagar slowly at about 10 kph.” He added: “I put on my indicator to veer around them. At that time two young boys in a Suzuki jeep flying up the line of slow traffic, they clipped the vehicle on the side, lost control and ended up on a tree.”

Roberts said he “jumped out of the car, ran to their vehicle...luckily they were wearing seatbelts and they scrambled out of the vehicle.” He said he subsequently called the police who arrived within seven minutes and an ambulance arrived two minutes later and took the injured for medical attention. He said “a full report” was made to the police about the accident. Roberts said he was forced to drive the vehicle because his driver was ill with severe back pains. He said the ministry was given an official report of the accident, as well as the Auditor General and the Comptroller of Accounts, “so it’s no secret, it’s no big thing. Those are the facts.”  Roberts said he drove the vehicle for 26 minutes. In response to questions, he said based on the advice of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar he would not drive the vehicle again.

He later showed the media the damaged vehicle, which he said had not been repaired since the accident three months ago. In discussing his claims that the Opposition was out to get him, Roberts revealed that Rowley was “not only the Leader of the Opposition to me. “He was a close friend of my deceased mother. He ate at my father’s home over the years. He knows me since I was seven years old.” Roberts said despite those facts, Rowley never inquired about his health after he was involved in the accident. “He never had the decency to call and say ‘boy, you’re alright?’ “So they are taking this politics thing to a little ridiculous level,” he added. Late last year, Opposition MP Dr Amery Browne successfully moved for Roberts to be taken before the Committee of Privileges of the House of Representatives for allegedly misleading legislators on a matter involving T&T-born artiste Nicki Minaj.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2011, 11:12:33 PM »
teacher Percy say if yuh tell ah lie yuh going to hell as soon as yuh die...yuh hear lie...dat is lie...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2011, 12:52:35 AM »
Mr Roberts seems to conveniently forget a couple of things here.

It is the job of the opposition to attack and weaken the government given any opportunity. You only get a strong government when you have strong opposition.

When Mr Roberts was not a politician, he most definately criticised government, particularly ministers of sport on his TV programme.

As for Rowley being a friend of the family and now targeting Roberts.....wasn't Roberts one of Warners biggest critics, and yet now they're bosum buddies?

In politics, Mr Roberts, like in marriage, some people often select new bedfellows and dump those who have supported you in the past. The problem is, you too, can be dumped, and your previous lovers will remember your deceit and you'll be left on your own.

You can buy cars, houses, and even women, but integrity cannot be bought.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2011, 05:12:26 AM »
I WAS NOT DRUNK

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,134035.html

WAS NOT DRUNK
By Clint Chan Tack Friday, January 14 2011

click on pic to zoom in« prev photo next photo »SPORTS MINISTER Anil Roberts yesterday declared he was not drunk swhen he was involved in an accident on October 6, 2010, while driving a Toyota Prado sports utility vehicle, assigned to his ministry for official use, from Port-of-Spain to a dinner meeting at Price Plaza in Chaguanas. He also said Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar “did not, could not, would not keep anything so simple and childish (a) secret.”

The vehicle which Roberts was driving last October was one of the 200 vehicles which the PNM government purchased for the Fifth Summit of the Americas and the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) which were held in Trinidad and Tobago in 2009. Speaking at a news conference at his ministry’s Port-of-Spain office, Roberts reiterated the details of the accident which he first disclosed to Newsday on Wednesday.

Asked if he was drunk at the time of the accident, Roberts replied, “Absolute rubbish. Driving under the influence of alcohol is illegal and I would be charged. It is absolutely ridiculous. I did not do it. I have a driver. I was at work. If I am drinking and driving at 7.10 pm on a Wednesday, I think that all of you should lock me up in St Ann’s.”

He then showed reporters a document dated October 11, 2010 which showed the accident had been reported to the ministry. Roberts added he has no idea what was the cost to repair the vehicle or when those repairs would be done.

Before leaving for a 1.30 pm meeting of the Cabinet at the Diplomatic Centre in St Ann’s, Roberts showed reporters the damaged Prado and introduced them to his driver Narad Satram whom he embraced and described as his friend. He said Satram had been waiting outside the Red House until 4 am yesterday morning when the House of Representatives adjourned and called for better working conditions for ministers’ drivers. Stating that Persad-Bissessar has advised government ministers against driving state vehicles, Roberts said, “I would not do it again, once I could help it.”

Referring to the response which Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner made to a question from Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley in the House of Representatives on Wednesday about the allocation of “summit vehicles,” Roberts said, “The secret part had nothing to do with Anil Roberts. That was in relation to one vehicle and one vehicle alone. That was former prime minister, Patrick Manning,” Roberts said. “I don’t think that I am that special that out of all of the Cabinet ministers the Prime Minister would give me a vehicle. I don’t need one, I don’t want one and won’t take one,” Roberts added. In a letter to Newsday yesterday , Warner said he spoke in the House “about the vehicle assigned to Manning. “I was in no way speaking, at that time, of the accident involving the Honourable Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs,” Warner said.

After Warner told the House about the vehicle assigned by the Office of the Prime Minister to Manning, he said, “I want to say also, it does not give me any pleasure in making this public, because the Prime Minister when she assigned it, deliberately did not want to make it public, but the question from Member for Diego Martin West has forced me to do so. Therefore I have to make it public.”

Roberts reiterated he does not need an official vehicle for his private use because “a Jaguar is a step up from a Prado.” He also said during the last seven months he has been in office, he has not spent one cent from the entertainment allowance allocated to him or received a credit card that is available to ministers. “I have not even seen it. I don’t want it,” Roberts said. Roberts claimed the Opposition PNM was making this an issue because they viewed him as a political threat, long before rumours circulated that he will challenge incumbent Congress of the People (COP) leader, Finance Minister Winston Dookeran for the leadership of the party later this year.

Roberts said he is still on good terms with his colleagues in the COP, despite blaming Dookeran for not taking action against certain members of the party which he alleged were opposing the Government. “If I am a joker and they have straightened up and are now dealing with issues rather than spreading uninformed comments and attacking the Government without the basis of fact, then I am proud to be a joker if I could have that response,” he stated
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2011, 05:39:04 AM »

As for Rowley being a friend of the family and now targeting Roberts.....wasn't Roberts one of Warners biggest critics, and yet now they're bosum buddies?

Football supporter boy, forgive him.  De man eh have a clue about professionalism and personal business doh mix.  That and trying to get the public to say "tsk, tsk, tsk, that nasty Rowley, poor Anil"   He must be think all ah we chupid, steups!!! 

I trying not to comment much these days on these misfits cuz ah need to preserve mih sanity.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2011, 06:01:18 AM »
TT need coach like Beenhakker.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Sports Minister Anil Roberts yesterday said the country deserves a coach of the standard of Dutchman Leo Beenhakker to help the Soca Warriors qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Addressing a news conference yesterday, Roberts said he was aware that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) was looking for a foreign coach and technical staff for the national football team but did not know if any one had been chosen to fill these posts.

Asked if the coach should be someone with credentials like or superior to Beenhakker, who guided TT to their first ever World Cup Finals in Germany in 2006, Roberts said,: “Our country deserves a coach like that.”

Roberts made no mention of former TT player Russell Latapy who was the most recent coach of the Soca Warriors.

The minister said while it is always best to use local professionals, if foreign expertise has to be sought then there must be “clear contractual arrangements so there could be a transfer of knowledge to locals.”

Roberts said his ministry, “with proper documentation is setting up an implementation unit here to monitor and handle football and a special project for Brazil 2014.

“I have seen some inefficiencies in the TTFF and we are in consultation with them to strengthen those administrative gaps.” Works and Transport Minister Jack Austin Warner, a senior FIFA vice- president, is also special adviser to the TTFF.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2011, 09:52:16 AM »
“I have seen some inefficiencies in the TTFF and we are in consultation with them to strengthen those administrative gaps.” Works and Transport Minister Jack Austin Warner, a senior FIFA vice- president, is also special adviser to the TTFF.

If this statement isn't laughable I don't know what is.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:50:12 AM by MEP »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2011, 10:39:37 AM »

If this statemnet isn't laughable I don't know what is.

:bs:

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »

If this statement isn't laughable I don't know what is.

Given Mr. Warner's ineptitude at keeping "good" books at TTFF is it reasonable to assume that the same may happen at the Ministry of Works?

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2011, 12:46:24 PM »
Anil , I was not drunk ,I was not drunk alyuh could say wat alyuh want

I was not drunk, I was not drunk jus leave me an jack alone an hole alyuh mudder  coot .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »
 scandal
Published: Sun, 2011-01-16 00:21

TOP:Completed work on Paramin Ground. MIDDLE: Former Sportt executives view project. BOTTOM: A collapsed pavilion in Paramin. The alleged award of 83 projects valued $23 million to a company offering consultancy services is the centre of a corruption scandal at the Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago (Sportt). The latest revelation comes in the wake of an audit being conducted at Sportt, which is being blamed for the dismissal of several employees a week ago. Associated Services Ltd (ASL), owned by businessman Steve Rajpatty, has described the revelation of the 83 projects being awarded to the company as “mischievous.” ASL has been accused of being the preferred company for use of consultancy services at Sportt, which was set up under the People’s National Movement administration.

Ferreira: The wrong letterhead was used
And, fingers are being pointed at the board which was headed by Gerard Ferreira for the mess. But the former Sportt chairman has vehemently denied this allegation, blaming use of the wrong letterhead for the discrepancy. “Under my term we did not have the type of staff that is being talked about now. I started Sportt from scratch; we did not have a project manager and it is misunderstanding that ASL on speculation was used to evaluate jobs for us. The estimates were sent to the ministry on their (ASL) letter head. “We ran the Sportt company under the special policy under the Ministry of Finance as stipulated by the Prime Minister and Finance Minister. ASL was one of the few consultants hired by us. In one case they did eight or nine jobs. The project manger did not have a team at the time and sent the estimates on ASL’s letterhead and it was misunderstood that the contracts were given to ASL.”

Hunt stays clear...ordered probe
The former Sports Minister, Gary Hunt is staying clear from any blame for the scandal. He insisted that he ordered an investigation to stop all irregularities from occurring. “I did what was needed to be done. The information was brought to my attention and I acted,” Hunt declared. According to Sportt, accounting records obtained by Sunday Guardian, ASL is listed as being selected for design, tender document and project management on more than 40 occasions at sporting and recreational facilities in T&T. The scope of work, on all other projects—43 more—according to the accounting records, have not been defined. The records, however, show that ten per cent consultancy fees were paid to ASL totalling $14, 232,579.98. Records further revealed that in some cases there was double payment for the same services on 15 projects. This amounted to payments in excess of $5 million. Among them is the controversial Brian Lara Recreational Grounds.

Sunday Guardian has learnt that ASL forwarded numerous letters contending that Sportt is still owing outstanding payments totalling more than $4 million. “There are more questions than answers. If Sportt is really interested in cleaning up they have to start from the top. It is clear that the company was paying twice for the same job,” a senior official at the company revealed. “ASL was originally hired to do project management services but then they were used for structural/mechanical engineering and quantity surveying. “There are cases where there were payments and not even 50 per cent of the job was completed,” the source added. “It is totally scandalous,” the Sportt executive added.

ASL: It's Mischief
Denying the allegations in an interview yesterday, Rajpatty said: “We were client representatives. My company was never hired to do work at 83 sites. I am going to be honest and say you cannot possibly do everything right, but this is really, really shocking because reconciliation on accounts was done and it was agreed that an interim payment would be made and the balance will be paid. “Even the former Prime Minister, Patrick Manning assured me that my company would be paid. What is this about? “On the issue of double payment, Sportt need to implement a proper payment structure and start to use vouchers. They need to explain who is in possession of a $600,000 cheque before casting blame.”

Roberts: Blame the PNM
Minister of Sports Anil Roberts is blaming the PNM totally for the scandal. “It happened under the PNM. It was Dr Keith Rowley who said that some of the Special Purpose Companies in T&T were being run by mad people. “The report was requested by former minister, Gary Hunt. The ASL issue is one of the many alarming situations at Sportt. We are investigating how this was allowed to happen. “I am aware of the situation and we are hiring a new consultant to determine whether they owe us or we owe them. We are going to get to the bottom of this,” Roberts stated.

These projects listed by Sportt

Simeon Road Hard Court    $293,855.92 (project payment)    $182,635.82 (overpayment)
Mt St Benedict Football Field    $760,814.80 (project payment)    $474,710.38 (overpayment)
Chinapoo Hard Court    $874,825.66 (project payment)    $778,737.44 (overpayment)
La Fillete Recreation Grounds    $264,007.80 (project payment)    $188,495.35 (overpayment)
L’Anse Mitan Hard Court    $275,097.83 (project payment)    $ 215,118.41 (overpayment)
Wharf Trace Hard Court    $483,198.65 (project payment)    $326,261.05 (overpayment)
Sangre Grande Youth Indoor Facility    $1,145,170.00 (project payment)    $812,245.00 (overpayment)
Springvale    $1,820,754.55 (project payment)    $1,730,770.55 (overpayment)
Bayshore Hard Court Facility    $315,484.10 (project payment)    $37,519.87 (overpayment )
Las Lomas No 2 Recreation Grounds    $233,724.34 (project payment)    $38,993.24 (overpayment)
Sogren Trace Hard Court Facility    $179,457.50 (project payment)    $16,742.00 (overpayment)
Fanny Village, Point Fortin    $329,940.40 (project payment)    $249,354.91 (overpayment)
Cocorite Hard Court    $375,158.51(project payment)    $93,509.45 (overpayment)
Brian Lara Recreation Grounds    $915,781.44 (project payment)    $197,510.06 (overpayment)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2011, 01:11:08 PM »
This thing has opened my eyes,look at the kind of money being spent to provide and upgrade sporting facilities in the country and people still complaining about venues to play games and practice/train etc etc countries like Grenada,Haiti,Guyana etc don't even have one and puts in descent performances in all sports,at least they compete,what are we producing with all of this?what do we have to show for the kind of money we spend,we still have to look for foreign assistance,it's money money money,money can't buy us results,we have everything and still can't get results.

What is it we want T&T?why are we allowing money to change who we once were?that desire to work hard for what we want,that love for our people and country,the passion we had when we put on that Red White and Black uniform,win, loose or draw we still felt like winners,not only Football but all sports was the same mentality.Something got to change my people,it's nothing any one person can do,we all know what it is but it have to be done as a nation,it's not about i or you but us yes us,i keep hearing a lot of alyu Trinis it seems some of us are only Trinis when it suits us.           

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2011, 01:17:30 PM »
This thing has opened my eyes,look at the kind of money being spent to provide and upgrade sporting facilities in the country and people still complaining about venues to play games and practice/train etc etc countries like Grenada,Haiti,Guyana etc don't even have one and puts in descent performances in all sports,at least they compete,what are we producing with all of this?what do we have to show for the kind of money we spend,we still have to look for foreign assistance,it's money money money,money can't buy us results,we have everything and still can't get results.

What is it we want T&T?why are we allowing money to change who we once were?that desire to work hard for what we want,that love for our people and country,the passion we had when we put on that Red White and Black uniform,win, loose or draw we still felt like winners,not only Football but all sports was the same mentality.Something got to change my people,it's nothing any one person can do,we all know what it is but it have to be done as a nation,it's not about i or you but us yes us,i keep hearing a lot of alyu Trinis it seems some of us are only Trinis when it suits us.           

TNT full of incessant complainers we luv 2 complain

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2011, 05:47:36 PM »
Do they do p*ss test for government minsters?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2011, 07:44:35 PM »
Elan i read your post and you have me  :rotfl: :rotfl: war you saying that we sports minister is on drugs .
 i look at his eyes the other day and i find it was red, red, red  too red to be normal .
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:46:19 PM by zuluwarrior »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »
Elan i read your post and you have me  :rotfl: :rotfl: war you saying that we sports minister is on drugs .
 i look at his eyes the other day and i find it was red, red, red  too red to be normal .

Red eye he have red eye.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2011, 08:33:39 PM »

:whistling:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2011, 11:42:56 PM »
Do they do p*ss test for government minsters?
how about a breathalyzer before they enter the red house

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2011, 06:07:21 AM »
Allyuh know bout the dangers of second hand smoke right?

Well he does suffer from second hand alcohol. He doh drink..de man MP office RIGHT NEXT TO A BAR. So de alcohol fumes does have him so......cuz he always in he office hearing people concerns.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>