April 17, 2024, 06:45:08 PM

Author Topic: Ols fashion parenting- whos your..daddy?  (Read 5485 times)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Ols fashion parenting- whos your..daddy?
« on: January 09, 2011, 11:03:08 AM »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Ols fashion parenting- whos your..daddy?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 11:19:59 AM »
UM.......lol
just watch n enjoy..... or not
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhBtdQvDJLQy55M05q

Not only a cut ass on facebook but on the world wide web  :rotfl: Well done Uncle
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 12:06:34 PM »
I like the discipline... but that is incredibly reckless.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 08:41:01 AM »
The only thing is that the nephew looks like he physically big enough to fight back.

You never know with these kids these days....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:27 AM »
The only thing is that the nephew looks like he physically big enough to fight back.

Yeh , but that kid only big, yuh could tell he eh able wid he uncle, and by his mannerism you could tell that he eh no older than 15. big baby dat!  :rotfl: :rotfl:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 02:35:44 PM »

Yeh , but that kid only big, yuh could tell he eh able wid he uncle, and by his mannerism you could tell that he eh no older than 15. big baby dat!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Agreed... I like the deference dat youthman showing, because all talk ah blows aside he coulda guff up same way and fight back.  But he eh really have it in him.  Ah rell like uncle attitude too "dat is not this family, we not in dat... TELL DEM!" lol

But what he doing dey is assault on a chile and he kinda dotish fuh putting it on camera.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »
Allyuh could be real dumb sometimes...if a child that age collecting licks then somebody eh do their job from since he small. No amount of guff up say otherwise.

And allyuh does cuss your children like that? Steups. I all for dropping licks on dem when neccessary, but Uncle better pray the youth doh hold a grudge that the WHOLE WORLD see him get shamed and come back and empty a clip in his face.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 03:02:34 PM »
Allyuh could be real dumb sometimes...if a child that age collecting licks then somebody eh do their job from since he small. No amount of guff up say otherwise.

Before yuh call people "dumb" yuh might want straighten out yuh sentences in English... because ^^^ this right here eh really making a whole lot of sense.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
It eh making no sense eh? How so?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 03:13:13 PM »

oh lorrse,,,ah wonder if ah go hadda aks dihno to bring out he flow chart today ;D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

giggsy11

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 06:56:51 PM »
Dat wasn't no set ah lics! His thick arse probably didn't feel dat! Now if he wanted tuh make it interesting he would have wupped his bare back with a wet towel. Uncle lucky his damn pants didn't fall off!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 08:07:14 PM »

1. Allyuh could be real dumb sometimes...

I don't feel personally offended... but since I didn't read any other comments which struck me as "dumb" I'm curious as to what you thought was so dumb.

2. If a child that age collecting licks then somebody eh do their job from since he small.

This is stating the obvious... if you still beating a (presumably) 15-year old then that child obviously either have issues or your parenting skills not getting thru.  But all that aside, a 15-year old collecting blows in Trinidad not that unusual... don't see why it would be so unusual anywhere else.  It is also worth noting that his uncle is the one disciplining him here, suggesting an absence of parents in his life.  So yeah, kinda obvious that the parenting is implicated.

Even so... I'm not sure what you restating the obvious has to do with the "dumb" comment above.

3. No amount of guff up say otherwise.

Maybe is my recollection as to the meaning of "guff up" that foggy, but my understanding is that it means he coulda swell he chest and play man... or stand up to de uncle in dis instance.

What would him getting back in his uncle's face say "otherwise" about his upbringing?  Who said anything about his upbringing in the first place for the "guff up" comment to be referenced back to it (by the "otherwise")?  Finally, how does the "guff up" comment tie back to the "dumb" comment?

As I said... just not making any sense.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:08:48 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 09:04:14 AM »

1. Allyuh could be real dumb sometimes...

I don't feel personally offended... but since I didn't read any other comments which struck me as "dumb" I'm curious as to what you thought was so dumb.

2. If a child that age collecting licks then somebody eh do their job from since he small.

This is stating the obvious... if you still beating a (presumably) 15-year old then that child obviously either have issues or your parenting skills not getting thru.  But all that aside, a 15-year old collecting blows in Trinidad not that unusual... don't see why it would be so unusual anywhere else.  It is also worth noting that his uncle is the one disciplining him here, suggesting an absence of parents in his life.  So yeah, kinda obvious that the parenting is implicated.

Even so... I'm not sure what you restating the obvious has to do with the "dumb" comment above.

3. No amount of guff up say otherwise.

Maybe is my recollection as to the meaning of "guff up" that foggy, but my understanding is that it means he coulda swell he chest and play man... or stand up to de uncle in dis instance.

What would him getting back in his uncle's face say "otherwise" about his upbringing?  Who said anything about his upbringing in the first place for the "guff up" comment to be referenced back to it (by the "otherwise")?  Finally, how does the "guff up" comment tie back to the "dumb" comment?

As I said... just not making any sense.

(1) people watch a 13-16 old boy get licks after he already comply with the uncle and laughing and calling him 'soft' because he take the blows like a man. if he lick down uncle in a rage we woulda respect him for being 'hard'?

(2) If lack of parenting skills so obvious how nobody eh mention dat? So because 15 year old does collect licks in T&T makes it OK or not OK somewhere else?

(3) I'm talking about guff on the part of the uncle, for all he throwing round he weight he coulda do better than cuss down the youth.

I have no problem with the licks...but don't put it up on the web for the world to see.

Edit: No problem with corporal punishment in general

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 09:18:41 AM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 09:08:09 AM »
if the uncle take a belt to another adult, he could be charged with assault.  But to a minor in his family, no assault.

There are alternatives to this sort of corporal punishment.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 09:21:34 AM »
if the uncle take a belt to another adult, he could be charged with assault.  But to a minor in his family, no assault.

IMO Corporal punishment is justifiable in some cases, but not at that age, and from what seems to have transpired here, not in this situation.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 09:23:41 AM »
Dat wasn't no set ah lics! His thick arse probably didn't feel dat! Now if he wanted tuh make it interesting he would have wupped his bare back with a wet towel. Uncle lucky his damn pants didn't fall off!

:rotfl: for real. de uncle need two belt - one for de child and de odder for he pants.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 11:42:58 AM »
(1) people watch a 13-16 old boy get licks after he already comply with the uncle and laughing and calling him 'soft' because he take the blows like a man. if he lick down uncle in a rage we woulda respect him for being 'hard'?

(2) If lack of parenting skills so obvious how nobody eh mention dat? So because 15 year old does collect licks in T&T makes it OK or not OK somewhere else?

(3) I'm talking about guff on the part of the uncle, for all he throwing round he weight he coulda do better than cuss down the youth.

I have no problem with the licks...but don't put it up on the web for the world to see.

1) Nobody was laughing "at" yuteman, and I didn't see anybody call him "soft", say he take he licks like ah man or suggested he woulda be "hard" to fight back.  I really dunno where all ah dat coming from.

2)Just because you felt the need to belabor the obvious don't mean others have to.  He's being disciplined by his uncle, the clear implication being that his biological parents aren't in his life.  His uncle is standing in to fill a gap vacated by his parents.  I could go into more but I really don't see the need to be honest.  As for the comparison to Trinidad, it was meant to point out that this incident in itself is really NOT as unusual as you're trying to make it out to be, the only reason we don't hear about it more in N. America is because corporal punishment for the most part is a crime. In TnT it isn't.

3) You standing here in yuh little cyber bubble criticising the uncle for not disciplining as YOU see fit, well pardna if if yuh want to stand in judgment of the man then that is yuh right, whey ah go tell yuh.  Some ah we trying to make allowances for the real world challenges affecting the decision.

Like I say... yuh comments really didn't make any sense in relation to the preceding comments.  It was really puzzling to me what was so "dumb" about the preceding comments, but now it is obvious that you just misread the situation and rush in from left field attacking imaginary foes.  But who knows... apparently Dutty with he talk ah "flow chart" see de same thing.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 11:47:38 AM »

IMO Corporal punishment is justifiable in some cases, but not at that age, and from what seems to have transpired here, not in this situation.

I feel compelled to ask... and what do you perceive yuteman's indiscretion to be, since yuh didn't think de licks appropriate?

-----------------------

Pecan first off we don't know that there has been a determination that "no assault" took place, we only seeing this chapter of the situation in isolation.  Secondly, if the law (or people looking on) make a determination that "no assault" took place then it's likely for two reasons:

a) There exist in society a recognition that corporal punishment, while disfavored, is still acceptable to a degree.

b) The "degree" issue is implicated here in that the device used (a flimsy belt) and the nature of the discipline isn't such that is likely to "shock the senses" of a reasonable person, or otherwise cause outrage.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 12:21:15 PM »

1) Nobody was laughing "at" yuteman, and I didn't see anybody call him "soft", say he take he licks like ah man or suggested he woulda be "hard" to fight back.  I really dunno where all ah dat coming from.

2)Just because you felt the need to belabor the obvious don't mean others have to.  He's being disciplined by his uncle, the clear implication being that his biological parents aren't in his life.  His uncle is standing in to fill a gap vacated by his parents.  I could go into more but I really don't see the need to be honest.  As for the comparison to Trinidad, it was meant to point out that this incident in itself is really NOT as unusual as you're trying to make it out to be, the only reason we don't hear about it more in N. America is because corporal punishment for the most part is a crime. In TnT it isn't.

3) You standing here in yuh little cyber bubble criticising the uncle for not disciplining as YOU see fit, well pardna if if yuh want to stand in judgment of the man then that is yuh right, whey ah go tell yuh.  Some ah we trying to make allowances for the real world challenges affecting the decision.

Like I say... yuh comments really didn't make any sense in relation to the preceding comments.  It was really puzzling to me what was so "dumb" about the preceding comments, but now it is obvious that you just misread the situation and rush in from left field attacking imaginary foes.  But who knows... apparently Dutty with he talk ah "flow chart" see de same thing.

(1) Read again...is a kicks thread, men getting kicks. If people post messages with LOL or  :rotfl: that means what...they crying?  A next man say he is a big baby. It eh much of a stretch to interpret that as being a softman. Don't try to ignore what right in front yuh face.

(2) Hardly call that proper discipline...and how you know the boy parents vacate anything? Where it say that on the video? For all we know they coulda drop him off and go on vacation in the Hamptons. The issue is that the youth post stories on the internet, the uncle didn't like them and intead of keeping family business private he broadcast the mess to the whole planet, pants falling off and all.

As for this idea that because it it happens in T&T does not make it unusual is a poor argument. Trinidad is a model nation for bringing up children now? And maybe next time yuh in Trini try pulling down yuh pants and beating some small man dey...you might see how 'usual' them go stand for that.

(3) And others can sit in their cyber bubble and ketch kicks. If the man stupid enough to let everybody see his family business then yeah, he should expect judgement from self-righteous, judgemental cyber peepers like me, or the police who may be watching. And  if he collect a cyber buss-head in the squad-car they should post it on the web. Only then it would'nt be so funny.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:32:06 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 12:25:02 PM »

I feel compelled to ask... and what do you perceive yuteman's indiscretion to be, since yuh didn't think de licks appropriate?

-----------------------

He uncle saying he posted stroies of himself involved in gangsterism. But that is not the point. The point is that after the boy done say he sorry, uncle proceed to throw licks, cussing and carrying on like a jammette. if you think you would handle your own children, or your own nephews, nieces, little cousins etc. like that then go ahead and please yuhself.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 01:05:08 PM »

-----------------------

He uncle saying he posted stroies of himself involved in gangsterism. But that is not the point. The point is that after the boy done say he sorry, uncle proceed to throw licks, cussing and carrying on like a jammette. if you think you would handle your own children, or your own nephews, nieces, little cousins etc. like that then go ahead and please yuhself.
All dis lyrics going back and forth over ah simple text book cutarse?? allyuh real like tuh argue yes!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 01:53:06 PM »
(1) Read again...is a kicks thread, men getting kicks. If people post messages with LOL or  :rotfl: that means what...they crying?  A next man say he is a big baby. It eh much of a stretch to interpret that as being a softman. Don't try to ignore what right in front yuh face.

Like Just Cool say... all ah dis back and forth really getting outta hand.  People "laugh" online for a variety of reasons, not only because they "getting kicks"... and I for one didn't interpret the situation to be that people getting kicks at the yute.  People also laugh because they're happy... I for one, whether I laugh or not, was happy (as in communicating approval) to see some ole fashion discipline being employed.  It is sorely lacking among the very same black youth represented here.

(2) Hardly call that proper discipline...and how you know the boy parents vacate anything? Where it say that on the video? For all we know they coulda drop him off and go on vacation in the Hamptons. The issue is that the youth post stories on the internet, the uncle didn't like them and intead of keeping family business private he broadcast the mess to the whole planet, pants falling off and all.

All ah that splitting hairs you engaging in just to justify your overreaction to the situation eh really making your case stronger.  None of us know that situation but there are safe assumptions that can be made, one of those is that no one in their right mind will undertake to discipline a child like that, and no child will submit to the same, without authority.  We could assume that the uncle has permission to beat the boy, but a more likely scenario is that he is raising the boy.  If you want to argue with that then feel free, just be careful in painting with yuh broad brush that some ah dat "dumb" paint eh get on yuh.

As for this idea that because it it happens in T&T does not make it unusual is a poor argument. Trinidad is a model nation for bringing up children now? And maybe next time yuh in Trini try pulling down yuh pants and beating some small man dey...you might see how 'usual' them go stand for that.

Are you playing dotish or just looking for argument?  You come here making a big deal about a youth of his age being disciplined as he is.  I mentioned Trinidad but I easily could have mentioned any other Caribbean island or any other country in the world where there isn't as great a hang up about corporal punishment as there is here in the US.  Trinidad and the US are really the only two relevant countries (throw in Canada if it would make you feel happy) b/c the situation took place in the US, and most of us here watching the vid are Trinis. 

It's not a matter of whether TnT is some model or not... the fact is that for all your manufactured outrage at "a child that age" getting licks... the age thing simply isn't a factor for most of us.  That's like making the argument that an 8 year old shouldn't be going to the corner store by himself.  In Trinidad people would laugh at yuh.  Whether it right or wrong is dependent on the situation, it's not about positing one as some "model" over the other.

(3) And others can sit in their cyber bubble and ketch kicks. If the man stupid enough to let everybody see his family business then yeah, he should expect judgement from self-righteous, judgemental cyber peepers like me, or the police who may be watching. And  if he collect a cyber buss-head in the squad-car they should post it on the web. Only then it would'nt be so funny.

Well at least yuh honest about what it is yuh doing.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 01:57:48 PM »

-----------------------

All dis lyrics going back and forth over ah simple text book cutarse?? allyuh real like tuh argue yes!

Why not?  No worse than who score the prettiest goal, who is a shitong, whether Man U better than Barca, and who WAG is the biggest skettel.

And don't forget, this is only de opening act...the real heavyweight championship does start anytime you and TC does bounce up in a thread   8)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 02:00:57 PM »

That is infact the point... you don't know the environment in which that family living.  You don't know how real the threat of "gangsterism" is to that particular youth or why the uncle felt like he had to be forceful in sending a message not only to this youth that his actions wouldn't be condoned... but sending a message to the same recipients of the earlier "gangsterism" post from the youth... letting them know not to try and encourage him in their shit... because he has a family who don't condone that choice of lifestyle.

Black parents in this country are faced with challenges that people like you might not understand.  Even I don't fully understand the scope of it but being close to the situation I fully understand it.  If nothing else I understand the difficulty of the choices they have to make, and with that in mind I fully endorse what it is this uncle is doing, even if I disagree with how he goes about it.  I have to emphasize "uncle" b/c this is not his child... he easily could not care one f**king way or another.  If you want to criticize and complain from hunky dory land then by all means feel free to continue.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:02:44 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 02:06:11 PM »

Like Just Cool say... all ah dis back and forth really getting outta hand.  People "laugh" online for a variety of reasons, not only because they "getting kicks"... and I for one didn't interpret the situation to be that people getting kicks at the yute.  People also laugh because they're happy... I for one, whether I laugh or not, was happy (as in communicating approval) to see some ole fashion discipline being employed.  It is sorely lacking among the very same black youth represented here.

All ah that splitting hairs you engaging in just to justify your overreaction to the situation eh really making your case stronger.  None of us know that situation but there are safe assumptions that can be made, one of those is that no one in their right mind will undertake to discipline a child like that, and no child will submit to the same, without authority.  We could assume that the uncle has permission to beat the boy, but a more likely scenario is that he is raising the boy.  If you want to argue with that then feel free, just be careful in painting with yuh broad brush that some ah dat "dumb" paint eh get on yuh.

Are you playing dotish or just looking for argument?  You come here making a big deal about a youth of his age being disciplined as he is.  I mentioned Trinidad but I easily could have mentioned any other Caribbean island or any other country in the world where there isn't as great a hang up about corporal punishment as there is here in the US.  Trinidad and the US are really the only two relevant countries (throw in Canada if it would make you feel happy) b/c the situation took place in the US, and most of us here watching the vid are Trinis. 

It's not a matter of whether TnT is some model or not... the fact is that for all your manufactured outrage at "a child that age" getting licks... the age thing simply isn't a factor for most of us.  That's like making the argument that an 8 year old shouldn't be going to the corner store by himself.  In Trinidad people would laugh at yuh.  Whether it right or wrong is dependent on the situation, it's not about positing one as some "model" over the other.

Well at least yuh honest about what it is yuh doing.

That is infact the point... you don't know the environment in which that family living.  You don't know how real the threat of "gangsterism" is to that particular youth or why the uncle felt like he had to be forceful in sending a message not only to this youth that his actions wouldn't be condoned... but sending a message to the same recipients of the earlier "gangsterism" post from the youth... letting them know not to try and encourage him in their shit... because he has a family who don't condone that choice of lifestyle.

Black parents in this country are faced with challenges that people like you might not understand.  Even I don't fully understand the scope of it but being close to the situation I fully understand it.  If nothing else I understand the difficulty of the choices they have to make, and with that in mind I fully endorse what it is this uncle is doing, even if I disagree with how he goes about it.  I have to emphasize "uncle" b/c this is not his child... he could easily not care one f**king way or another.  If you want to criticize and complain from hunky dory land then by all means feel free to continue.

You were close to the situation eh? You understand the challenges and the difficulty right? So explain to us what the situation is....And make it loud and clear so those of us sitting in 'hunky dory land' could hear yuh good

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 02:09:24 PM »

:rotfl: for real. de uncle need two belt - one for de child and de odder for he pants.

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 02:14:43 PM »
You were close to the situation eh? You understand the challenges and the difficulty right? So explain to us what the situation is....And make it loud and clear so those of us sitting in 'hunky dory land' could hear yuh good

Are you playing dotish or just looking for argument?

Thanks for answering my question  :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:16:51 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 02:21:30 PM »

Are you playing dotish or just looking for argument?

Thanks for answering my question  :beermug:

Playing dotish. So answer the question nah

giggsy11

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 03:01:12 PM »
Ah feel like some posters may be experiencing flashbacks from watching yuteman get the belt! Therapy works people, it works! Just say yes!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 03:29:53 PM »
Ah feel like some posters may be experiencing flashbacks from watching yuteman get the belt! Therapy works people, it works! Just say yes!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  :rotfl: Well I get licks like everybody else...and probably shoulda get plenty more for all the back chat, climbing out window to go fete, laziness and general slacking in my teenage years!

1]; } ?>