March 28, 2024, 10:50:17 PM

Author Topic: 2011 Asian Championships.  (Read 5494 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2011 Asian Championships.
« on: January 09, 2011, 01:32:00 PM »
Since the Asian Cup started on the 7th Jan nobody seems interested so why is that,are we only interested in the other Championship tournaments,here is one result that may be surprising-Japan 1 vs Jordan 1,it might be of interest that the Japanese got their equaliser in stoppage time.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:54:36 PM by Flex »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Asian Championships.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 02:20:56 PM »
I hope Bahrain do OK...they deserve a break.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Asian Championships.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
I hope Bahrain do OK...they deserve a break.
I never thought of them but I can see the significance. 8)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Asian Championships.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 03:29:36 PM »
big tournament! half of the world population down with this.

http://footballfashion.wordpress.com/2011/01/05/afc-asian-cup-qatar-2011-schedule/

syria shock saudi 2-1 yesterday and jordan tie japan 1-1. didn't expect them result.

today oz mash up india.

http://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2011/01/10/video-australia-4-india-0-afc-asian-cup-2011-highlights/

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 04:46:10 PM »
An Aussie team with all their stars did not get the cricket score that many predicted but still beat India as was expected,in fact India was not totally outplayed and had quite a few sights on the Oz goal,Tim Cahill got 2 as the final score ended 4-nil to the Socceroos.Sometimes 4-0 could be a score to be ashamed of not on this ocassion though,India haven't been in a major competittion for 27 years.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 07:21:12 AM »
Iraq vs Iran today, interesting game to see. Could be a no love lost International derby.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 08:26:04 AM »
One thing eh, these Asian sides ent fraid to shoot.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Qatar get things right off the pitch
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 10:19:58 AM »
Qatar get things right off the pitch

Post categories: Football

Gordon Farquhar| 14:00 UK time, Saturday, 8 January 2011

Doha

If only the spectacular fireworks and pyrotechnics that launched the 16-nation Asian Cup in Qatar had put some fire in the bellies of the hosts' national team.

The opening game was something of a damp squib but for this observer it proved the perfect opportunity for a first view of what the World Cup might feel like when it is here in 2022.

On the day Fifa president Sepp Blatter steered our thinking firmly in the direction of a winter World Cup in the Gulf State, Qatar took on Uzbekistan at the Khalifa stadium in Doha.

It's a fine sight, a splendid open bowl of a stadium, with a capacity of around 50,000, set on a vast site in the capital.

Next door stands the impressive Aspire Tower, 300 metres tall, looking like a giant Olympic torch, erected in time for the 2006 Asian Games which were staged here.

Close by is the Aspire Centre, an elite sport training complex that would be the envy of any Football Association in the world. Bayern Munich have been enjoying their winter break here.

It's hard to imagine a better set-up, with manicured pitches indoors and out and state of the art gymnasiums. It's home to Qatar's national football academy. On the evidence of the match I saw, the school of excellence has much work to do before 2022.

The game was pretty much a sell-out, the crowd a mixture of ex-pats from all over the world, including a strong Indian contingent and Qatari nationals.

Some of the rituals are familiar, including the anticipation of arrival drawn out by the traffic jams around the venue.

Most people seemed to drive and public transport, if there was any, wasn't much in evidence. The huge car parks around the stadium complex were rammed with four-wheel drives, spilling out fans decked in scarves and carrying flags in the maroon and white of Qatar.

All were in good spirits but none had taken spirits. There were no walking wounded with beer injuries here. Qatar's not dry - you can get a drink in the hotels, but forget bars and pubs. Water, tea, coffee and vegetable-based sodas are your lot.

On the plazas surrounding the stadium the micro-industry of football tat was on sale - hooters, flags but not much in the way of replica shirts. Perhaps they wouldn't look too great over the traditional Arab dress.

Inside the stadium there was the usual chaos of people in the wrong seats but everything around me was amicably resolved.

There were just a handful of stewards visible and the only police seemed to be directing the traffic. Obviously no-one expects trouble, helped no doubt by the fact that everyone's sober.

Qataris clearly don't do banners. The only decoration around the retaining walls belonged to the handful of Uzbeks, who by the second half were drowning out the futile attempts of the small group of home fans armed with megaphones, trying to whip up the crowd.

The pre-kick-off Mexican waves were about the limit of communal activity. There was little singing, not much chanting, a modest amount of cursing and quite a lot of despair at the abject performance unfolding on the pitch.

The local man sitting next to me, with his five children, one asleep, the others impeccably behaved, bemoaned the fact that the Qatari team, with its access to vast resources, was being outplayed by the relatively impoverished Uzbeks.

Money can't buy you everything. It can get you a respected French coach, tempt an Ecuadorian and a Brazilian to take up citizenship and pull on the Qatar shirt but it can't compensate for the fact that this is a country with a small population and therefore, a limited talent pool.

The academy will clearly make the best of the human resources it has and there are some promising players but there's a mountain to climb if the hosts are to make it out of the group stage or even avoid humiliation in 2022.

At 2-0 down and well beaten after 75 minutes, most of the locals had seen enough, and voted with their feet.

My friend with the children predicted no-one will show up for Qatar's next group game against China.

Those that do will have pleasant conditions for watching a match at this time of year. The temperature felt around 18 or 19 degrees, perfect for playing in, comfortable for watching, ideal for a major international football tournament.

In the summer, those sitting in the roofless open areas of the ground would fry in the 40 degrees of heat, or spend most of their time queuing at the overcrowded counters to buy water.

As thing stand, the plan for 2022 is to create a series of air-conditioned stadiums where it's a steady 26 degrees for players and spectators alike.

Fine if it's achievable and lovely once you're inside but that's assuming you make it without collapsing with heat exhaustion on the way in.

The option of holding the World Cup in January makes much more sense, leaving aside the obvious difficulties posed for the European leagues.

I'd be amazed if, once the 2022 World Cup committee is constituted, they don't put in a request to Fifa for permission to reschedule - and then spend the next 11 years building a team, rather than a series of monuments to engineering ingenuity.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 11:58:07 AM »
now if only they could buy a decent side.

http://www.thebesteleven.com/2010/11/qatar-national-team-naturalized-players.html

some of their recent "acqusitions / naturalizations"

BRAZIL
Marcio Emerson
Marcone
Fábio César

GHANA
George Kwasi

GUINEA
Daniel Gouma

IRAQ
Ali Mejbel

KUWAIT
Talal Al-Bloushi
Wesam Rizik

SAUDI ARABIA
Mohamed Saqr
Majdi Siddiq
Saad Al Shammari

SENEGAL
Qasem Burhan
Abdulla Koni

URUGUAY
Sebastián Soria

YEMEN
Mesaad Al-Hamad

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 12:31:48 PM »
now if only they could buy a decent side.

http://www.thebesteleven.com/2010/11/qatar-national-team-naturalized-players.html

some of their recent "acqusitions / naturalizations"

BRAZIL
Marcio Emerson
Marcone
Fábio César

GHANA
George Kwasi

GUINEA
Daniel Gouma

IRAQ
Ali Mejbel

KUWAIT
Talal Al-Bloushi
Wesam Rizik

SAUDI ARABIA
Mohamed Saqr
Majdi Siddiq
Saad Al Shammari

SENEGAL
Qasem Burhan
Abdulla Koni

URUGUAY
Sebastián Soria

YEMEN
Mesaad Al-Hamad

15 of the 22 man squad, almost laughable. I thought FIFA regulations stated that the players must have lived in the country for more than 5 years??? Then again maybe they did, according to Government paper  ;D

Iraq 1 - Iran 2 for those interested
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 02:18:28 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/huopxNeoQjY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/huopxNeoQjY</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 02:45:26 PM »
Quite a good match on the 14/01/11; BAHRAIN vs INDIA.
Guess the score.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 08:32:23 PM »
OK let me have a go......Bahrain 3   India 1.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 08:43:22 PM »
Quite a good match on the 14/01/11; BAHRAIN vs INDIA.
Guess the score.
Nation of 791,000 vs nation of 1,200,000,000...

should be interesting  :devil:

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 06:32:27 AM »
Didn't we beat India back in de 70s,population doh really matter.India's first sport used to be Hockey,that gradually was replaced by Cricket but football is gradually picking up the pace,it may soon replace cricket as the number one sport.I could be wrong bout the cricket and hockey as to which was the number one sport,I am sure someone would correck me bout that if I'm wrong.
I am never wrong doh,I am like Jack Warner meh step bredda. ;D ;D ;D

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 12:12:26 PM »
I realize Trinbagonians love their football so I'll post a score for yall,Jordan 1  Saudi Arabia 0 and they are out. ;)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 01:10:47 PM »
and japan 2 - syria 1

banzai bitch!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 01:20:28 PM »

5-2 to the nation of 791,000  ;D

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 01:36:33 PM »

India is good at Cricket and Field Hockey and they have a couple decent tennis players. Population really doesn't matter sometimes.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 01:40:31 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »

Get real mate,you keep banging  on about population and India as though you have some kindah vendetta against Indians, if you dont know anything then STFU.I saw the India Bahrain match and the 5-2 score doesn't tell the whole story but I wont harp on bout that,the fact is India is a vastly improved team and they will continue to improve because they are a very resilient race,football is also catching on in India and 5 or 6 years ago both Australia and Bahrain would have beaten them by cricket scores,9 or 10 nil at least.
Since you like posting India's population and their result which you have already done here is one to keep in mind.Quatar 2,population 558,000 vs China 0,population 1.2 billion,now stop being a fool.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 02:52:03 PM »

Get real mate,you keep banging  on about population and India as though you have some kindah vendetta against Indians, if you dont know anything then STFU.I saw the India Bahrain match and the 5-2 score doesn't tell the whole story but I wont harp on bout that,the fact is India is a vastly improved team and they will continue to improve because they are a very resilient race,football is also catching on in India and 5 or 6 years ago both Australia and Bahrain would have beaten them by cricket scores,9 or 10 nil at least.
Since you like posting India's population and their result which you have already done here is one to keep in mind.Quatar 2,population 558,000 vs China 0,population 1.2 billion,now stop being a fool.

:devil: Look at you getting all upset when I'm just happy Bahrain won because they had such shit luck the past decade.  Bahrain also recruits players born in other countries like Qatar does.  T&T has 1 million and they beat USA a few years ago and they have 300 million.  I know T&T has a lot of Indians and I have nothing against them but I think you need to relax and stop reading so much into nothing.  If you are happy when T&T beats Saint Vincent does it mean you have a vendetta gainst Vincentians?  China's result is actually worse because they actually do love football there, they're just not very good.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:57:06 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 02:59:53 PM »
Wait, when did we beat the US?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 07:20:10 PM »
Wait, when did we beat the US?

The night Latas and Yorke score to win 2 - 1 some time back in 2008 (I think, cyar keep track anymore).....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 08:35:09 PM »
THEWORM2345,
 Listen up mate it dont take a lot of savvy to know where you are coming from,I am not upset in the slightest because my experience tells me that there are many like you.You have been on India's case from the start,why cant you be more objective,you keep having a laugh at the Indian football team but did you see the match,if you are a lover of the game you wont laugh at a team that is showing such improvement,I have to think that you are stupid.You do realize that this Indian team would have been beaten by about 10 nil by Australia and Bahrain 5 or 6 years ago,all I am saying is the improvement that they have shown.If I am to take your reasoning then China would be the best football team in the world,they should also be the best cricket team coz they have started playing cricket bout 5 years ago,now stop being silly.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 10:59:08 PM »
THEWORM2345,
 Listen up mate it dont take a lot of savvy to know where you are coming from,I am not upset in the slightest because my experience tells me that there are many like you.You have been on India's case from the start,why cant you be more objective,you keep having a laugh at the Indian football team but did you see the match,if you are a lover of the game you wont laugh at a team that is showing such improvement,I have to think that you are stupid.You do realize that this Indian team would have been beaten by about 10 nil by Australia and Bahrain 5 or 6 years ago,all I am saying is the improvement that they have shown.If I am to take your reasoning then China would be the best football team in the world,they should also be the best cricket team coz they have started playing cricket bout 5 years ago,now stop being silly.
I have been on India's case from the start?  I didn't even mention them before I posted the two populations above, and I wasn't even the one who brought them up.  The only team whose "case" I have been on from the start is Bahrain, as you can clearly see from the top of the thread, and that is why I was interested in this match.  Of course I realize population is far from everything in sport.  Tonga has 100,000 people, the U.S. has 300,000,000 and they played in the 2007 Rugby World Cup...Tonga won 25-15.  That ratio is almost twice as large as the India:Bahrain one, but was I suprised?  No, of course not.  Was I amused though, yes, to some degree, because I do find it amusing when countries that most people have never heard of (such as Bahrain and Tonga), nevermind find on a map, beat these massive countries.

You can reread it if you'd like, I never said India should kill them because of the population, I said it should be interesting, and I do still find it interesting.  Perhaps I am, as you say, stupid...you wouldn't be the only one to think so...or perhaps I just have no interest in the fortunes of the Indian football team and just felt some very minor happiness to see Bahrain win (honestly I don't really care about them too much either) and some minor amusement at the small nation beating the large one, which also may be stupid.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:01:20 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 08:17:31 AM »
i take een dat bahrain india match yesterday on work...india had 2, 3 fellas knocking but i guess bahrain just had that lil extra quality that shone through.  the forward for bahrain score 4 and is the tournament top scorer. 

iran north korea nil nil, 2nd half just start

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 11:13:04 AM »
theworm2345,
One of the main reason I dislike the idea of sniggering and laughing at others is because the feeling it conveys,you are trying to project something about Indian football  in a sanitised way by talking bout population, you can easily say they are crap because that would be correct, but they have improved massively over the last 10 years although they were beaten 5-2 and 4-0.You do know that scores dont always tell the whole storey,India was very naive
just like we used to be some years ago.I also have to recall how my English friends at work was laughing their heads off when we qualified for 2006 Germany, I thought they were very ignorant and no matter what I tried to say in defense of TT they just couldn't take me seriously,if you love the game you tend to be more objective.

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 11:29:20 AM »
worm dont be afraid to tell frico haul he modder c**t...some people does see race in anything as dat is what dey obsessed with..India is f**king shit in football..end ah f**king story...call me ah racist now yuh modder ass
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 12:30:10 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 01:09:22 PM »
worm dont be afraid to tell frico haul he modder c**t...some people does see race in anything as dat is what dey obsessed with..India is f**king shit in football..end ah f**king story...call me ah racist now yuh modder ass
Trinity Cross eh,stop blaspheming and have some respect for that name yuh ignoramus.Theworm 2345 appears to be an educated bloke and probably wont stoop to your type of savage behaviour on this MB.It appears that you are relieved by cussing my mother,what a response from a Trini to another.
 Try and get out of your gutter upbringing mate,you probably dont know your dad so you cant help your ignorant background,you have probably been cussing Indians from the age of 2 and "modder c--t was probably your first 2 words.I am also sure that other words like teef,kill and shoot entered your vocabulary quite early in life,stop giving Laventille a bad name...its bad enough already.You belong to the gutter so facking stay there yuh son of ah ugly bitch.

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 01:20:07 PM »
Trinity Cross eh,stop blaspheming and have some respect for that name yuh ignoramus.Theworm 2345 appears to be an educated bloke and probably wont stoop to your type of savage behaviour on this MB.It appears that you are relieved by cussing my mother,what a response from a Trini to another.
 Try and get out of your gutter upbringing mate,you probably dont know your dad so you cant help your ignorant background,you have probably been cussing Indians from the age of 2 and "modder c--t was probably your first 2 words.I am also sure that other words like teef,kill and shoot entered your vocabulary quite early in life,stop giving Laventille a bad name...its bad enough already.You belong to the gutter so facking stay there yuh son of ah ugly bitch.

hey asshole yuh mammy...so now I is ah Laventille nigger?  All we know in Laventille is tief kill and shoot...now yuh talking...keep it up.  And I eh know meh fadder..keep talking yuh asshole
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 01:22:02 PM by Trinity Cross »

1]; } ?>