April 28, 2024, 07:14:04 PM

Author Topic: French football  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
French football
« on: January 09, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »
Have been following Lyon striker Gomis closely. He is tremendous form and having a very good season so far. Not the most prolific goal scorer, but he brings the midfield into the game cleverly, has excellent movement and always gives the opposition serious concerns. One to watch
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: French football
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 07:24:11 PM »
dont know much about him..I will judge him when he comes up against top defenders from other big leagues in the Champions League tournament

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 09:25:20 PM »
Very hard working player... runs tirelessly off the ball.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 10:26:01 PM »
I use to play with him as a striker in FIFA10 they have him with a ras type finish and he strong on the ball. AS for the real player, I've seen him play a couple of times and he looks like one to look out for.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 10:00:06 AM »
only saw a little bit of gomis...not really taking in ligue 1 lately.  however a few weeks ago fsc showed some games when epl had the big freeze and i was able to take in lille with hazard and gervinho...dem two deadly...plus i think the striker for lille (his name escapes me)...leads ligue 1 in goals. 

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 02:27:33 PM »
I takin in PSG - Ol. Lyon
Look like a good battle, I hardly know any of the players though.
PSG centre-back playin well, shakin strikers an ting.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 02:55:21 PM »
PSG take it 1-0.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 07:44:38 AM »
PSG take it 1-0.

Technically very sound and athletic football. The game was very tight, with both teams playing off the counter attack.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 11:03:33 PM »
Lyon definitely seems to be on the decline. Somehow they fluked into the best performance of their champion's league history last season when they've deserved it the least over the years, but this will be their third season without a trophy I believe.
Puel (coach) is an ass, Aulas (owner) is so distracted trying to get them into a new stadium and make them into a brand that he forgot he needs a team out there. Over the years they sold Diawara, Abidal, Malouda, Essien, Benzema, Tiago and essentially lost Coupet, Cris and Juninho to age while making questionable purchases of the likes of Fred, Baros, Kader Keita, Boumsong, Piquionne, Makoun and a waning Gourcuff.

It says a lot that this is one of the weakest French leagues in recent history and they're scrambling to make it into a champion's league place.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 01:45:21 PM »
now takin in lorient   vs lille  on fsc...decent brand knockin, high tempo, good skill

lille on top the league playin this toots...they lucky they have landreau, cause he is keeping them in the game (forget hazard, arsenal should buy landreau i say)

look lille come and score

1]; } ?>